PDA

View Full Version : Rhino out of gas

havasuready
09-05-2006, 08:41 PM
has anyone ever ran their rhino out of gas? I did and now I can't get it started. Seems like it won't get fuel now? Any suggestions?
Thanks

WetWillie
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Magic34 jus went thru this last night. What you need to do is remove one of the small mushroom looking attachments on the intake pipe leading to the carb. YOu need to spray starting fluid or WD40 while you crank that thing over. IT will start and you need to keep spraying it in there to keep it running. It will pick up gas after it runs for a while just keep spraying it in there a little at a time...
Good luck!

havasuready
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks, just took it around the block. Funny story, we just got it back with the wheels, cage, lights, seats etc. and after hanging out on canyon lake all day yesterday we thought it was a good idea to drive it to the Sushi to meet everyone. We started it to go home and that was the end of the gas. not the best idea after Saki to have your buddy towing you up the street in your Rhino at 10- at night.
Anyway, thanks

WetWillie
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Glad it worked out for you!

Magic34
09-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Magic34 jus went thru this last night. What you need to do is remove one of the small mushroom looking attachments on the intake pipe leading to the carb. YOu need to spray starting fluid or WD40 while you crank that thing over. IT will start and you need to keep spraying it in there to keep it running. It will pick up gas after it runs for a while just keep spraying it in there a little at a time...
Good luck!
Yup, I went through 1/2 of a can of starter fluid before getting it running again. I tried for 30 minutes to get it started before trying the starter fluid.
These things are heavy as hell to push by yourself, and if you try and go up your driveway... forget about it!
On another note, the dually pulled it like it wasnt even there. And dont piss off your wife if you are tied to your truck and she is pulling you around in the Rhino. You have zero control.

RiverRatMike
09-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks, just took it around the block. Funny story, we just got it back with the wheels, cage, lights, seats etc. and after hanging out on canyon lake all day yesterday we thought it was a good idea to drive it to the Sushi to meet everyone. We started it to go home and that was the end of the gas. not the best idea after Saki to have your buddy towing you up the street in your Rhino at 10- at night.
Anyway, thanks
how much did all that cost you with the cage, lights and seats? Just picked my new 2006 Special Edition Rhino. I'd like to trick it out just a little.

Danhercules
09-06-2006, 06:43 AM
Maybe a good upgrade would be one of those primer bulbs that are on outboards. Just a thought.

BoatFloating
09-06-2006, 07:15 AM
I have the same problem when it sits out in the heat in Havasu and gas dries out on carb. All you have to do is pull choke and spray starer fluid into air intake behind shifter as you crank over. It might take a few tries but it will work

don johnson
09-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Just an fyi.... Install an electric fuel pump, $65 and it takes care of all the hard starting issues. Mine seemed to run a little better at partial throttle as well. Seems that the vacuum pump will starve the motor at sustained partial throttle...