PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh...Did you guys see this????

MudPumper
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Look here (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126624)

RCB19
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Herard that he drug that unrigged boat to Aha this past weekend for viewing purposes. We looked for it on Sunday in the park but couldn't locate the garage that it was in. Looks like a nice plug from the pics.

TRG
09-06-2006, 07:26 AM
I took a very long look at this particular hull, and it is second to none!....well that is until i saw it next to my stealth! :220v:

Cs19
09-06-2006, 07:47 AM
I took a very long look at this particular hull, and it is second to none!....well that is until i saw it next to my stealth! :220v:
ouch

flat broke
09-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Imagine that, the guy's first post about his new venture and he lays his backgound, pricing, heritage of the hulls available and differences between his stuff and others out on the line. That kind of upfront dealing will go a long ways.
Best of luck to Mr. Batista. I've drooled over pics of your rigging in the past, and I'm sure that attention to detail is reflected in every aspect of your new project.
Chris

MudPumper
09-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Imagine that, the guy's first post about his new venture and he lays his backgound, pricing, heritage of the hulls available and differences between his stuff and others out on the line. That kind of upfront dealing will go a long ways.
Chris
That's funny Chris, I was thinking the same exact thing when I first read it. LMFAO

pattymelt18
09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Thats Called good Business Ethics And Well Some Peeps Just Dont Have That. AND BATISTA CAN FLAT RIG BOATS WITH THE BEST OF THEM.

Bense468
09-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Socal boats will go along way. Dave builds some nice stuff, and his attention to detail sets a high bar. I haven't seen one in person yet, but I am looking forward to it someday.

disco_charger
09-06-2006, 12:19 PM
That's funny Chris, I was thinking the same exact thing when I first read it. LMFAO
I thought that was a nice touch too.

Slow Burn
09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Dave helped us out with our CP and the next boat will definitely be one of his. Highest standards on all levels...

TRG
09-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Socal boats will go along way. Dave builds some nice stuff, and his attention to detail sets a high bar. I haven't seen one in person yet, but I am looking forward to it someday.
Although i am biased (as i stated before) when i saw this boat, i really liked the "not so CP" graphics, definitly a nice change and i do agree that these boats will do well!
Just did not want to give anyone any ideas that i was bashing!
So who's hull is this one????
Todd

Mike D..
09-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Dave helped us out with our CP and the next boat will definitely be one of his. Highest standards on all levels...
I think some of you know Dave rigged my 19 cp,theres pictures of it from cp regatta its the white with blue graphics. Dave doesn`t belong in the boat buisness,hes fair, up front, doesn`t lie even when he should. He never padded the bills showed me all costs up front (Thank you) . I can go on and on , just look at my boat and it will tell all. I am very proud of the work he has done for me and would recomend him on all levels. I have even ordered one of his tunnels for next year.I bet this boat will be another head turner. A true custom boat builder.

MudPumper
09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I think some of you know Dave rigged my 19 cp,theres pictures of it from cp regatta its the white with blue graphics.
This one???
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/613IMG_383.jpg

Mike D.
09-06-2006, 08:33 PM
This one???
That the one!

Cs19
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=Mike D..]I have even ordered one of his tunnels for next year.QUOTE]
:)
CONGRATS, cant wait to see it.
I met Dave B. this weekend, great guy and his rigging is definatly top notch.Im pretty picky about rigging but I thought his stuff was pretty dialed.

poncho-pwr
09-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I bet this guys boats sell MUCH faster and word gets out about them a lot quicker than some of the other new upstart builders. Where he posted about them in the spam section it was a simple upfront ad with just about all the info anyone would want, no secrets. None of that, " just give me all of your money and then you'll find out how good our boats are". Let's see, start with a proven hull design, tell it like it is, hide nothing and don't break both your arms patting yourself on the back. Next, back it up with outstanding work and your product will sell itself. Good job SoCal!!!

djdtpr
09-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I think some of you know Dave rigged my 19 cp,theres pictures of it from cp regatta its the white with blue graphics. Dave doesn`t belong in the boat buisness,hes fair, up front, doesn`t lie even when he should. He never padded the bills showed me all costs up front (Thank you) . I can go on and on , just look at my boat and it will tell all. I am very proud of the work he has done for me and would recomend him on all levels. I have even ordered one of his tunnels for next year.I bet this boat will be another head turner. A true custom boat builder.
Mike your boat is sick looking and congrats on the order of the new ride i hope you have as much fun with it as i do my tunnel.Icant wait to see how detailed this one turnes out after seeing your gullwing.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-06-2006, 10:55 PM
This one???
I remember looking at the pics of this rig when it was done and all I have to say is DAAAAAAAMN!!!! THis guy has some serious talent!!!! I may be driving to cali next year for a new hull:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-06-2006, 10:58 PM
here is a pic of the guys work......
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/613IMG_384.jpg

SoCal Power
09-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. My intent was to keep discussion on this venture in the spam section........that lasted about a 1/2 day, but no big deal.
Over the past 25+ years I have had the good fortune of being associated with (in one way or another) some of the best in the business; Greg Shoemaker, Norm Grimes, Jeff Bennett, Bill Scotten, Bob Leach, Harry Christensen, Tom Stolarz, Dennis Winzen, Tom Papp, Jack McClure, Steve Strange, Harold Bruce, Frank Place, Dave Humphrey, Dana Stettler and others. I filtered through all the bs over the years and kept quality and customer satisfaction as the main drivers of what I did.
When I had the opportunity to purchase the molds, I couldn't pass it up. So, here I am, back in the boat buisness. I don't expect big revenue or high volume from this; I simply love to build (and use) boats.
Again, I don't want to use the general forums to promote my company but I felt I had to respond to the comments and support that were expressed.
My contact info is in the spam section under the ad I placed.
BTW, I was very impressed with the CP event last weekend. Saw some outstanding boats, killer racing and met some great people. Yes, the bare hull was out there in front of my place at Aha on Saturday...(didn't want to steal any thunder in any way from the CP event) and it was parked along side the Aha ramp on Sunday.
Lastly, the funky looking header line in the pic above was done by Mike D. I don't have much control after boats leave my garage........he's really good with lumber though. (luv you Mike !)
Thanks again,
Dave

Mike D..
09-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Lastly, the funky looking header line in the pic above was done by Mike D. I don't have much control after boats leave my garage........he's really good with lumber though. (luv you Mike !)
Thanks again,
Dave[/QUOTE]
I take it all back he`s a liar, cheat and a thief, just kidding just waiting for you to clear out your garage and fix it all up for me or I may forget how to work with the wood (Thanks for such a sweet ride bro) what love?? :crossx: :crossx: