PDA

View Full Version : Home & Auto insurance

Kachina26
09-06-2006, 08:07 AM
I have allstate, and just found out that my son is costing us $4k a year! Looking to shake things up. Who would you recommend?

Krazy K
09-06-2006, 08:14 AM
I don't know why people still go with the high priced companies. I used American Family for over 6 years and never had a problem. I'm now with Mercury. I was with Mercury when I had my new truck back in the 90's.
Just ask around and see what people have. Friends, Neighbors, bratty kid with the Honda and Fart Can...

Throttle
09-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Get a hold of Jamie at Strachota Insurance Agency, she is in Havi but they have an office in Temecula that she can hook you up with... She will take good care of you.
928-764-1010

Jesster
09-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Go here. (https://www.aisinsurance.com/aishome.aspx) They will quote the lowest 5 or so companies. I went with the lowest and when the policy came back it was 12.00 cheaper per month than the quote was. They quote both auto and home. My cheapest came back as Mercury.

Ivan Dan
09-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Hit up Brandin (ColeTrickle) here on the boards. He writes policies for Mercury and the rates are pretty good.

little rowe boat
09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I shop every year when my Ins. comes due and for the last 6 or 7 yrs. I have not been able to beat auto clubs prices.

bunny 166
09-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I shop every year when my Ins. comes due and for the last 6 or 7 yrs. I have not been able to beat auto clubs prices.
Ditto, and it's nice to get the premier towing with the extra mileage and stuff. But we don't have a teenage driver yet... :220v: Hope you can save some money...

2dasand
09-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I use State Farm. I have my Truck, Wifes Excursion, Trailer, Buggy and Boat all thru them. They give better discounts of you use them for your homeowners, also. I deal with Brian at Weisinger Ins. Agency, in Huntington Beach. 714-377-1111. He has been awesome to work with!

Outnumbered
09-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I swore by Mercury for years until my almost new 2004 4x4 Dodge CTD got rear ended hard by a 1-ton 4x4 truck (uninsured motorist). I fought with Mercury for months and never got my truck replaced. Mercury is great until you have a claim :rolleyes: I guess if you like to kid yourself that you have good coverage and are "saving" in the short run, go head and get Mercury. Full service companies like Allstate and State Farm will stand behind their customers and if you bundle the coverage with your homeowners you are actually close to Mercury pricing. You get what you pay for.

Partycattin
09-06-2006, 08:50 PM
I use State Farm. I have my Truck, Wifes Excursion, Trailer, Buggy and Boat all thru them. They give better discounts of you use them for your homeowners, also. I deal with Brian at Weisinger Ins. Agency, in Huntington Beach. 714-377-1111. He has been awesome to work with!
State Farm just got approved by the Dept. of Insurance to reduce both Homeowners and Auto rates in California. I think the Homeowners averaged about 10% reduction. They also give you the multi-line discounts and let you make monthly payments.
Allstate on the other hand, is trying to get approved for a rate increase.

BOBALOO
09-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I've got AAA for everything but the boat and my policy went DOWN 10% this year. :D :D :D I have shopped around and it is not worth changing all my stuff to a co that might be as good as AAA to save a few bucks.
Boat= Progressive xlnt co from what I have heard.
4 Large for a teenage son to drive :220v: = somebody is getting a new BICYCLE.

HYPNAUTIC
09-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Nationwide. 800-421-1444
S-Type Jag, Toyota Sequoia, Ford Explorer, Travel Trailer, House $220 a month. 2 drivers w/ clean records.
Heres something interesting that Nationwide does also. If you have your autos with them and also insure your trailer with them they only charge you for the comp/collision on the trailer.
Give you an ex: I only pay $29 every six months for the ins premium on my trailer. My bro-in-law pays close to $500 a year.

YeLLowBoaT
09-06-2006, 09:47 PM
I use liberty mutal group, they were by far the cheapest. I mean by more then $100 a year then the next closest. Plus every time I have called they were always helpful with Qs( and I always had them take a report every time I was hit, "just in case". I have been hit 5 x this year :mad: ) I wish they would do my boat, but they won't write a policy for water craft unless you have home/renters INS with them. My renters is thru my bonding company. Its WAY cheaper then any 1 else ( $98 a year for up to 75k in theif, fire or flood. $500 decutible you can't beat that) Its worth a look, plus some credit unions/ trade unions get even more off. For example, me be with golden 1 took another 15% off the top. I actually found them thru my statement. It came with a flier, since I was pisted at my other INS company I called. I had AAA and a few other no names... liberity mutual beat them all in custmer service and price.
If you have a young driver in the house, not much is going to save you... unless you make them get a job and pay for it( like I did...)

Krazy K
09-06-2006, 09:55 PM
I swore by Mercury for years until my almost new 2004 4x4 Dodge CTD got rear ended hard by a 1-ton 4x4 truck (uninsured motorist). I fought with Mercury for months and never got my truck replaced. Mercury is great until you have a claim :rolleyes: I guess if you like to kid yourself that you have good coverage and are "saving" in the short run, go head and get Mercury. Full service companies like Allstate and State Farm will stand behind their customers and if you bundle the coverage with your homeowners you are actually close to Mercury pricing. You get what you pay for.
Once I buy a house, I'll look into other companies. Right now, I live paycheck to paycheck so a deal is what I look for. Plus, I don't have comp and collision on my vehicle, so my insurance wouldn't pay me anyway, I'd go after the other guy. I'm actually doing that right now from an accident that totaled my other truck. And I'm going to win as she made an illegal pass on the right as I was pulling into my driveway. :rollside:

Kachina26
09-07-2006, 02:54 PM
I've got AAA for everything but the boat and my policy went DOWN 10% this year. :D :D :D I have shopped around and it is not worth changing all my stuff to a co that might be as good as AAA to save a few bucks.
Boat= Progressive xlnt co from what I have heard.
4 Large for a teenage son to drive :220v: = somebody is getting a new BICYCLE.
AAA came in $600 more :220v:
The boy pays his own insurance and has since day 1. :D

INSman
09-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Any luck with Mercury ?

Kachina26
09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Any luck with Mercury ?
About 400 a year cheaper, 100 a year less on the house. Ais gave me a quote for Anchor General, never heard of them. Can you tell me anything about 'em?

Debbolas
09-07-2006, 03:06 PM
I use liberty mutal group, they were by far the cheapest. I mean by more then $100 a year then the next closest. Plus every time I have called they were always helpful with Qs( and I always had them take a report every time I was hit, "just in case". I have been hit 5 x this year :mad: ) I wish they would do my boat, but they won't write a policy for water craft unless you have home/renters INS with them. My renters is thru my bonding company. Its WAY cheaper then any 1 else ( $98 a year for up to 75k in theif, fire or flood. $500 decutible you can't beat that) Its worth a look, plus some credit unions/ trade unions get even more off. For example, me be with golden 1 took another 15% off the top. I actually found them thru my statement. It came with a flier, since I was pisted at my other INS company I called. I had AAA and a few other no names... liberity mutual beat them all in custmer service and price.
If you have a young driver in the house, not much is going to save you... unless you make them get a job and pay for it( like I did...)
Liberty Mutual is fine, unless you actually file a claim :mad:
Try Jetton Insurance ask for Steve 909-624-5419
They are a broker and will get you a inexpensive, secure insurance company.
Good luck!
Deb
;)

YeLLowBoaT
09-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Liberty Mutual is fine, unless you actually file a claim :mad:
Try Jetton Insurance ask for Steve 909-624-5419
They are a broker and will get you a inexpensive, secure insurance company.
Good luck!
Deb
;)
I did. I had the check overnighted to me the next day, so in less then 2 days since the orignal call I had a check. you can't beat that.

YeLLowBoaT
09-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Now USAA... those bastards don't pay... even thier body shop told me they don't pay up til the last day or 2. They found out the hard way what happends when they don't pay... cost them almost 5k + thier employees time when I sued them this year... funny how in 2 monhts I got 2 phone calls, yet with in 4 hours after they were served I got 6 phone calls most of them form the home office.

Debbolas
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I did. I had the check overnighted to me the next day, so in less then 2 days since the orignal call I had a check. you can't beat that.
:D
not with a stick ;)
I'm glad you had a better experience than we did.......they sucked when we placed a claim with them after paying for 3 years :mad:

Mrs.Killer
09-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Get a hold of Jamie at Strachota Insurance Agency, she is in Havi but they have an office in Temecula that she can hook you up with... She will take good care of you.
928-764-1010
Yes she will, we use Strachota for all our insurance needs...

INSman
09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
About 400 a year cheaper, 100 a year less on the house. Ais gave me a quote for Anchor General, never heard of them. Can you tell me anything about 'em?
Never heard of Anchor, but they are a smaller B++ rated carrier out of San Diego. Could be better, could be worse.

blown65
09-07-2006, 07:09 PM
When we were searching for ins on our boat, at the time anpac was the only other one that would insure it. They also had the best rates on our house and cars etc etc. (house was a savings of 4k a yr alone) Might wanna give them a try.

Chipster27
09-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Mercury
06 Mercedes ML
06 BMW M3
05 F250
WW Toy Hauler
3 homes in OC
~$2800/yr
100/300 coverage
They don't do motorcycles or "lake lice" so I have to go through progresive to cover the toys.
Been pretty happy with them. Like anyone they raise their rates, but my agent is great to work with and I think they are still reasonable

cc322
09-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Have had AAA for 15 years, just decided to shop when our renewal came up and guess what Allstate came in 400.00 cheaper thats without homeowners policy, which they are doing a quote right now. As far as some of the smaller ones I belive you get what you pay for, maybe cheaper on a quote but if you have to pull teeth when it comes time for a claim it aint worth it.