PDA

View Full Version : 3D modeling and designs

later
09-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I have a friend that does 3D modeling.Wondering if anybody is looking for this talent to be hired.Thanks

RitcheyRch
09-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Which 3D system does he use? We use Catia V5 where I work. I have Catia V5 R16, UG NX4, SolidWorks and Pro-E at home.

Nubbs
09-06-2006, 08:50 AM
I have a friend that does 3D modeling.Wondering if anybody is looking for this talent to be hired.Thanks
PM me some contact info.
Nubbs

later
09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Which 3D system does he use? We use Catia V5 where I work. I have Catia V5 R16, UG NX4, SolidWorks and Pro-E at home.
He uses Maya 7.0 for 3D and he also does drafting plans,perspective drawings and freehand sketches.He has no problem in adjusting to new software since there all the same.He also is intrested in boat design as well as construction design.Thanks.John Case

RitcheyRch
09-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Not all the software is the same. When I went from Unigraphics (UG) to Catia V5 there was a HUGE learning curve. Most companies use multiple types of 3D software so he needs to atleast get familiar with the main ones/most popular.
He uses Maya 7.0 for 3D and he also does drafting plans,perspective drawings and freehand sketches.He has no problem in adjusting to new software since there all the same.He also is intrested in boat design as well as construction design.Thanks.John Case

RiverDave
09-06-2006, 09:21 AM
On a related subject if anyone needs any prototyping let me know. :)
SLA, SLS, CNC Machining, Quick Cast (Investment Casting Patterns), Prototype Investment Castings, RTV Molding / Urethane&Epoxy Castings, etc.. etc..
RD

RitcheyRch
09-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Can you work from STEP Files??
On a related subject if anyone needs any prototyping let me know. :)
SLA, SLS, CNC Machining, Quick Cast (Investment Casting Patterns), Prototype Investment Castings, RTV Molding / Urethane&Epoxy Castings, etc.. etc..
RD

RiverDave
09-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Can you work from STEP Files??
No problem. :) For SLA and SLS we convert them to .STL files on our side, but for machining etc.. We actually prefer Step or Iges.
RD

RitcheyRch
09-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Excellent. Will definitely keep you in mind for an intercooler am working on.
No problem. :) For SLA and SLS we convert them to .STL files on our side, but for machining etc.. We actually prefer Step or Iges.
RD

later
09-06-2006, 10:57 AM
This just might end up to be a good start for a hook up thread.People with diffrent trades hooking up with one another to help one another.Just an Idea.

RitcheyRch
09-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Agree.
This just might end up to be a good start for a hook up thread.People with diffrent trades hooking up with one another to help one another.Just an Idea.

DelawareDave
09-06-2006, 11:40 AM
OK- Structural Steel detailing. Details, plans, isometric views of your steel structure. From 1 floor to the sky, if needed.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
09-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I have 2 castings I need to have made again, grey iron sand cast. I have no drawings, patterns or core boxes, What is my best way to get these items back into production?? Located in Socal, only buy Domestic castings. Thanks in advance.

h2oski2fast
09-06-2006, 11:59 AM
RD
All I heard was, blah, blah, blah..... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
BTW, Maya is more of a graphics 3D program then a 3D design program.

RitcheyRch
09-06-2006, 12:11 PM
So,Maya is more for graphic illustrations?
All I heard was, blah, blah, blah..... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
BTW, Maya is more of a graphics 3D program then a 3D design program.

h2oski2fast
09-06-2006, 12:22 PM
So,Maya is more for graphic illustrations?
Yes, it is an amazing program. Designed for 3D modeling and illustration as it does not output for prototyping (that I know of).

RiverDave
09-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes, it is an amazing program. Designed for 3D modeling and illustration as it does not output for prototyping (that I know of).
Any modelling program will output for prototyping. If it will output any kind of file that is true 3D we can convert it for Rapid Prototyping, and or CNC etc.. Sometimes you kind of have to get creative with your conversions, but I've never seen a true 3D model, not be able to be prototyped.
RD

RiverDave
09-06-2006, 12:26 PM
I have 2 castings I need to have made again, grey iron sand cast. I have no drawings, patterns or core boxes, What is my best way to get these items back into production?? Located in Socal, only buy Domestic castings. Thanks in advance.
PM me a phone #, and I will give you a call tomorrow morning to take a look at it. It's not really my "specialty" persay, but I'm sure I can get you in touch with the right people to get you sorted. :)
RD