PDA

View Full Version : whipple blower problems?

atomickitn
09-06-2006, 08:56 AM
has any one who has or have had a whipple blower had a front bearing /seal go bad and how long did it take to send it back to whipple and then get it back, what kind of money was spent to get it serviced ? is there someone that can service thease units local or in havasu?.....i have already talked to bmc in havasu and he cannot do the work soo he is out of the mix... any help ...thanks in advanced :cry:

Deano
09-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I think Absolute is a dealer/service rep.

Jbb
09-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Brown has a direct line to Dustins sister ...I think....

Jordy
09-06-2006, 09:10 AM
There are a few threads of interest if you click on the giant bowl of popcorn. :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23popcorn.jpg (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1186564)
Paging Nodigg, Nodigg, cleanup Aisle 1. :D :D :D
And for some reason I couldn't find the really, really, really good Whipple thread. Must have some how been deleted. :(

gmocnik
09-06-2006, 09:14 AM
if whipple does not respond, try these guys:
http://www.psesuperchargers.com/indexpage.htm
around $700 and one week turn around....

jayd_jr
09-06-2006, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=atomickitn]has any one who has or have had a whipple blower had a front bearing /seal go bad and how long did it take to send it back to whipple and then get it back....
Here we go again!!!!!! :) :rollside:

NOTALENT
09-06-2006, 09:21 AM
I believe there is a old guy in Havi named BERNIE who does this in his spare time. He drives a AWESOME CAT I believe. I can get some contact info if you need it.

atomickitn
09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
thanks ..i already talked to bernies and they cannot help .....sooo i called Brian @ absolute marine.....and they will be taking care of all the work that needs to be done ......FYI... they are a Whipple service center that is capable of all , and Brian was really nice to talk to , i had talked to him one other occasion, and he was real helpful then as well ......stay tuned!! :)

Cat & Mice
09-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I had that same problem and they fixed mine super fast. When mine went it was because I was spinning to fast (for high altitude) with out an oil line feeding the bearings. I had the style that just had the oil res in the blower. They fixed it knowing it was my fault.
Allthough I didn't start a thread on here about it, maybe that helped.
I find that if you treat them with respect they will do the same. Whipple has always done more then I expected and has given me great customer support.
For the Record I am a Whipple fan and will always be. they build the best blower kits in the world hands down. And they do what they can for the customers that show respect. IMO
Good luck!
MP

djunkie
09-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Outdrive and now the blower? Damm Bobby, expensive season for you. Sorry to hear.

sigepmock
09-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I had a front seal start leaking on one of their automotive blower kits. It was probably my fault...I think I damaged it getting a stuborn pulley off with the wrong tools. Whipple sent me an entire new compressor to swap out because they knew the vehicle was my daily driver and tow vehicle. We were about to leave on vacation and if they hadn't taken taken such good care of me and sent me the new compressor I would have had to cancel the vacation.
Whipple has always gone above and beyond the call of duty for me. Like was stated above....treat them with respect and they will take care of you.
Give them a call and explain the sitution. If it's low hours on the blower, chances are they will warranty the work for you.
Just my $.02,
Chris

atomickitn
09-06-2006, 01:20 PM
well i like there blowers , but what ive heard from another member , is that he has had lots oof probs with service and getting things done soo on and so on .... well i called absolute and they said they can fix the problems with out a hitch soo ill give them the biz, that way i dont have to send it all the way up to fresno and get lost in the system ....plus brian @ absolute is going to see what he can do to help me make more boost ....we will see :)

atomickitn
09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Outdrive and now the blower? Damm Bobby, expensive season for you. Sorry to hear.
yep ! but it is still running like a clock .....having a broken boat is still better than not having one at all ......i put the reg manifold back on soo that i can still use my boat , not sure how much slower it will be but like i said it still works... :)

SoCalHD
09-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I had a front seal start leaking on one of their automotive blower kits. It was probably my fault...I think I damaged it getting a stuborn pulley off with the wrong tools. Whipple sent me an entire new compressor to swap out because they knew the vehicle was my daily driver and tow vehicle. We were about to leave on vacation and if they hadn't taken taken such good care of me and sent me the new compressor I would have had to cancel the vacation.
Whipple has always gone above and beyond the call of duty for me. Like was stated above....treat them with respect and they will take care of you.
Give them a call and explain the sitution. If it's low hours on the blower, chances are they will warranty the work for you.
Just my $.02,
Chris
I have to echo this statement....I have the Whipple on my 02 Chevy 2500HD, and while I have had some snags getting things fine-tuned-Whipple has been only a phone call away to help me sort, diagnose, and fix whatever issue I have had. I have the mind-set that since I am modifing my toys, I expect that it won't go perfectly the first time. Sometimes it does, but rarely is that the case. It has been more than re-assuring that Whipple has the attitude of, truck isan't right, Whipple isan't happy. That means a lot to work with a company that understands customer service. I know that not everyone here has been happy with them, but I have received nothing short of stellar service from everyone up there in Fresno that has helped make my baby the lifted 4x4 hot-rod that it is!!!!!!!!!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-06-2006, 02:24 PM
I believe there is a old guy in Havi named BERNIE who does this in his spare time. He drives a AWESOME CAT I believe. I can get some contact info if you need it.
Bernie Wadekamper.......928-453-1744.......
But I would talk to Dustin first......
Who I'm sure will comment here soon.....
Later,
CJG
:idea:

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 03:58 PM
There are a few threads of interest if you click on the giant bowl of popcorn. :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23popcorn.jpg (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1186564)
Paging Nodigg, Nodigg, cleanup Aisle 1. :D :D :D
And for some reason I couldn't find the really, really, really good Whipple thread. Must have some how been deleted. :(
Jordy,
Do you really think your constant BS actually is helping this customer?
To answer the question, you have to have special tools to put the compressor back together properly so nobody in Havasu can do the work.
Depending on the verision, seals can be replaced. Later models had a doulbe lip seal that can be replaced. Earlier versions had a different style, on in which we do not carry anymore. At the same time, the bearings must be replaced as they have to come out to get the seals out. Our typical turn around time is 1-2 days. The seals are proprietary seals you won't be able to find them in many places.
Thank you,
Dustin Whipple

atomickitn
09-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Jordy,
To answer the question, you have to have special tools to put the compressor back together properly so nobody in Havasu can do the work.
Depending on the verision, seals can be replaced. Later models had a doulbe lip seal that can be replaced. Earlier versions had a different style, on in which we do not carry anymore. At the same time, the bearings must be replaced as they have to come out to get the seals out. Our typical turn around time is 1-2 days. The seals are proprietary seals you won't be able to find them in many places.
Thank you,
Dustin Whipple
ummm ok brian at absolute marine has told me that they are a service center that can and will do the seal /bearing replacement.....is this not true! what are the concernes?

Havasu47
09-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Jordy,
Thank you,
Dustin Whipple
Hey Bobby.... I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!! HA HA :D

atomickitn
09-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey Bobby.... I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!! HA HA :D
my blower top is sealed so well that i could not get it apart , soo i had to remove the entire unit, soo im trying not to have to send the hole thing via truck freight .....it is way heavy, and i do not want to damage ittrying to seperate it apart....just trying to get some info before i get into anything costly...

Havasu47
09-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Just messin' with ya. :rollside:
Probably around $25.00 each way UPS. Worth the expense to have it done right.

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 04:56 PM
ummm ok brian at absolute marine has told me that they are a service center that can and will do the seal /bearing replacement.....is this not true! what are the concernes?
Anybody can pull it apart, but getting it back together properly is a bit more tricky. Absolute is a service center, but we don't set anybody up for rebuilding the SC's, they would take it off and send it to us. We were only "allowed" to work on them when we cut ties from the original mfg Lysholm.
Thank you

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
my blower top is sealed so well that i could not get it apart , soo i had to remove the entire unit, soo im trying not to have to send the hole thing via truck freight .....it is way heavy, and i do not want to damage ittrying to seperate it apart....just trying to get some info before i get into anything costly...
If it's sealed with Black RTV sealant, and there are no leaks, then you basically have to take a fine chisel, gasket scraper or razor blade and hit it between the two surfaces that are sealed together. We only need the SC.
Before sending in, you must have an RGA# which you need to call to get or leave fax/email your contact info so we can have a rep. call you with the proper info. If we don't have this info, it's very confusing.
Thanks,
Dustin

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I had that same problem and they fixed mine super fast. When mine went it was because I was spinning to fast (for high altitude) with out an oil line feeding the bearings. I had the style that just had the oil res in the blower. They fixed it knowing it was my fault.
Allthough I didn't start a thread on here about it, maybe that helped.
I find that if you treat them with respect they will do the same. Whipple has always done more then I expected and has given me great customer support.
For the Record I am a Whipple fan and will always be. they build the best blower kits in the world hands down. And they do what they can for the customers that show respect. IMO
Good luck!
MP
Pyle,
Your email never works, take me off your reject list. I've emailed you like 10 times. I don't know if my current ship to address is the same, I don't think I've sent you anything to your new house.
Dustin

Tom Brown
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
We were only "allowed" to work on them when we cut ties from the original mfg Lysholm.
Did you cut ties at the end of the period when you stopped supporting your product or returning calls, or was that something else?
Please send my very best regards to your sister. :)

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Did you cut ties at the end of the period when you stopped supporting your product or returning calls, or was that something else?
Wow Tom, we never stopped supporting our product, I'm still here, and I think I'm supporting our product right now. Since you asked such a great question, I'll answer it for ya buddy. We cut ties with Lysholm when they failed to meet their promises or contractual agreements. We also cut ties when they felt that if there only 500 SC's, we, the largest consumer of the SC's, would only get 25. We also cut ties when they left us out to dry, promised and promised goods, but didn't deliver. We also cut ties when they decided not to come to the phone, answer emails, faxes or anyother type of communication. We also cut ties when they decided to not warranty their product anymore, again breaking their contractual obligations. Hope this helps answer your question Mr. Brown.
If it didn't, here's some more. When we had 5 employee's, 3 million in inventory for parts that required superchargers, 3000 superchargers back ordered, credit lines maxed, angry customers, lost potential customers, pending litigation, etc, we kept our doors open just to handle customers, whether it was rebuilds, misc. parts, service, tech questions, etc, since we were losing thousands a day, I think that actually meant something in today's industry. But thanks for the concern. Oh, by the way, we never once took a customers money during this crisis unless we shipped product. You know, like the real "bad guys" do.
Since a customer has a potential seal problem, and was trying to find out what to do about it, I think we should keep the post to something actually a little more to the point of helping this fellow boater cure his problem instead of bringing your concerns for no returned phone call. Maybe that would be best suited in a different thread?
Take care and I will past the smiley face over to my sis! :)

HM
09-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Why you gotta hate on whipple just because they won't make one fit on an evinrude?
Dustin, I sold my quad setup to a guy who is putting them on a street rod. Bounce had machined some billet adapters to bolt up to the EFI compressors that would take side draft Webers. The guy I sold them too thinks that is the coolest whipple(s) he has ever seen and is setting it up with the side drafts. He is supposed to send me pictures of the finished install.

Jbb
09-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Ignore Brown Dustin,.....he gets onery when he hasn't been beaten in quite some time...add to that he is trying to kick the Thorazine habit...and well...this is what you get.....Ignore him....and he will go back to picking on Hooligan and Sorry dog.... :p

Jordy
09-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Jordy,
Gee Dustin,
To tell you the truth, this is my first "BS" regarding your product in quite a while, so it's far from constant, but regardless, I was very disappointed that I couldn't find the original thread where you lashed out at Froggy as a potential OEM and Nodigg as a current customer, not to mention the countless others you insulted. Pretty much guaranteed that I would highly suggest going to a Brummet twin turbo system primarily, or anything other than a Whipple, on anything I'd ever build before I'd ever suggest a Whipple based upon the response you offered in that thread. I'll have to see if I have that thread archived anywhere, just to keep my "constant BS" going. You want constant BS, you got it Dustin.
Apparently someone had some pull and got that thread deleted. Sucks for those who don't know that they're walking into as you never came back and recanted your little rant. Oh well...
Jordy
p.s. Have a nice day.

Jbb
09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Gee Dustin,
To tell you the truth, I was very disappointed that I couldn't find the original thread where you lashed out at Froggy as a potential OEM and Nodigg as a current customer. Pretty much guaranteed that I would highly suggest going to a Brummet twin turbo system on anything I'd ever build before I'd ever suggest a Whipple based upon the response you offered in that thread.
Apparently someone had some pull and got that thread deleted. Sucks for those who don't know that they're walking into as you never came back and recanted your little rant. Oh well...
Jordy
p.s. Have a nice day.
Hit high and deep to left centerfield......that ball has a chance............ :p

Jordy
09-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Hit high and deep to left centerfield......that ball has a chance............ :p
How about a little extra help for the left field wall:
Dustin, I wouldn't wipe my ass with the Charmin your dad used to sell because I'm sure it comes with the same kind of guarantee and service that you've offered up over these forums. :D :D :D
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17392&stc=1
You sure you're ready to go down this road Charmin Jr???? :notam:

squirt'nmyload
09-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Why you gotta hate on whipple just because they won't make one fit on an evinrude?
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/hysterical.gif

Jrocket
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Yes Yes Yes I do believe that ball is gone!

nodigg
09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Okay, I'll bite.
1. F**k all you idiots that think my problems were due to a lack of respect.
2. Dustin makes a great kit and does good research.
3. I finally got to the bottom of my blower failures through my own research and I will NOT be posting the findings herein.
4. I found a place that WILL fix the Lysholm blower Dustin used to sell and can install the upgraded bearings required and repair other problems as well.
I will gladly give you the name of the place Bobby if you give me a call or em.
5. See number 1 above!
How'd I do coach?

Tom Brown
09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey, how about a little respect? :mad:
The problems must be you. No one has ever reported problems with an Evenrude Whipple product.

andy01
09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Okay, I'll bite.
2. Dustin makes a great kit and does good research.
3. I finally got to the bottom of my blower failures through my own research and I will NOT be posting the findings herein.
4. I found a place that WILL fix the Lysholm blower Dustin used to sell and can install the upgraded bearings required and repair other problems as well.
I will gladly give you the name of the place Bobby if you give me a call or em.
5. See number 1 above!
How'd I do coach?
Nice, 1 and 5 stand out to me.........
Andy

nodigg
09-06-2006, 07:49 PM
I just wanna know who to bitch about when the repaired Lysholm with no Whipple parts fails (not likely) on the 62 Vette?

andy01
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I think when you have a company that sells that kind of volume, doesn't build the product themselfs and has a supplier contract go bad, things are going to go bad. That fact that Dustin did try to help some customers (maybe not all) says something about trying to do right. He could have pulled a Boyd move and shut down, maybe re-opening under his sister... :) . But he didn't, so I say let him get back on his feet and sell some go fast compressed air makers... as for him getting in to it with Froggy ............ who hasn't?
Andy

nodigg
09-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Here Here!

Tom Brown
09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
I just wanna know who to bitch about when the repaired Lysholm with no Whipple parts fails (not likely) on the 62 Vette?
Ralph Nader

Cat & Mice
09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Dustin, I wouldn't wipe my ass with the Charmin your dad used to sell because I'm sure it comes with the same kind of guarantee and service that you've offered up over these forums. :D :D :D
Jordy,
I have not met you but you remind me of the short guy( no offense Charley) that got his ass kicked in High school and now wants to be a bad mo-fo on the internet. Grow up!
Have you ever met Dustin or Art? Would you have the balls to talk to someone like this to thier face? I doubt it! Mostly because Art would kick your ass right in front of all the people you are trying so hard to impress. Then he would shove a roll of that TP up your ass! good thing it is so soft.
Whipple's are stand up people! No one is perfect, you sure is shiet aren't.
Like I said GROW UP! :mad:
I can’t even believe I wasted time responding to you. :mad:
Mike

KLEPTOW
09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
has any one who has or have had a whipple blower had a front bearing /seal go bad and how long did it take to send it back to whipple and then get it back, what kind of money was spent to get it serviced ? is there someone that can service thease units local or in havasu?.....i have already talked to bmc in havasu and he cannot do the work soo he is out of the mix... any help ...thanks in advanced :cry:
Just an idea
You may want to check with Dustin about upgrading to one of the new 3.3 units, if your running one of the old 2.3 lysolm units and if by chance your spinning it to fast, you will be back here soon.

Jordy
09-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Jordy,
I have not met you but you remind me of the short guy( no offense Charley) that got his ass kicked in High school and now wants to be a bad mo-fo on the internet. Grow up!
Sorry, I just posted up a place for people to look in regards to past issues with Whipple. Sorry I was trying to be helpful. :notam:
Have you ever met Dustin or Art? Would you have the balls to talk to someone like this to thier face? I doubt it! Mostly because Art would kick your ass right in front of all the people you are trying so hard to impress. Then he would shove a roll of that TP up your ass! good thing it is so soft.
Sorry, I don't try to impress anyone, especially not on the internet. However, I have been here long enough to watch Dustin call lots of current and potential customers as well as OEM's full of shit and blow up at them. Prime example of customer service, at least as I see it, and no I don't have any problem saying anything to anyones' face. Have never hid behind a keyboard, or a fake screen name. Never will.
Whipple's are stand up people! No one is perfect, you sure is shiet aren't.
I've never claimed to be perfect, however, I've also never been in a position as a supplier of a name with such recognition as Whipple and put multiple people on blast such as Dustin did in the last big Whipple thread. Perhaps you read it???
Like I said GROW UP! :mad:
Mike
Hey Mike, you wasted your time and still didn't make a point. Now what??? :notam:

Jordy
09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh, and I'm not short. You must have me confused with Havasu Hangin' but nice try. :notam:

Jordy
09-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Mike
And you're doing it again. GROW UP!!!! :mad: :notam:

Cat & Mice
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Jordy,
It was a waste of my time, guys like you never get the point!
Why do you care what Whipple does? Have you ever bought a Whipple? Are you planning on buying a Whipple? Do you have any direct experiance with Whipple? Are you acting as some agent or counsel for the people on ***boat.com? Making sure they are not done wrong by suppliers that you know nothing about?
This is the reason why I only have 80 post since 2001. Guys like you can't not be happy unless you are beating up someone on the internet. :arque:
Mike

Jordy
09-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Jordy,
It was a waste of my time, guys like you never get the point!
Yet you replied twice. Perhaps you should get a hobby. :D
Why do you care what Whipple does? Have you ever bought a Whipple? Are you planning on buying a Whipple? Do you have any direct experiance with Whipple? Are you acting as some agent or counsel for the people on ***boat.com? Making sure they are not done wrong by suppliers that you know nothing about?
I just know what I've seen on here and when a customer (then multiple customers) reaches a point of having to post their problems with Dustin and his customer service or lack there of on the boards, and then instead of coming on here and denying it OR perhaps EXPLAINING how overloaded and understaffed he is, and then make some apologies and offer solutions, HE (Dustin) chooses to come on here and go on the offensive, ie, call names, hurl accusations, and make excuses for a lack of service, as he pretty much confirmed near the bottom of page 1 on this thread. When that happens, then I tend to be a little bit biased, especially when it comes to people that I personally know and have no reason to believe that they would embelish their stories in their dealing with Dustin and his lack of customer service, especially when he comes on here and CONFIRMS every word they had said, and it's not an isolated case and he backs up what they have claimed.
And no, I'd never buy a Whipple product as I pointed out in my first post in this thread. I'd go with a twin turbo Brummet system, or a PSI, or a BDS, or ANYBODY else that makes a blower and stands behind their product and doesn't blame a supplier when THEIR name is on the product they're peddling. Just my $0.02. ;)
Now the question is, are you on the counsel for Whipple??? What special interests bring you out of the "I'm not going to waste my time to respond" woodwork??? :idea:
This is the reason why I only have 80 post since 2001. Guys like you can't not be happy unless you are beating up someone on the internet. :arque:
Mike
I haven't ever "beat anyone up on the internet" who didn't go out of their way looking for it. Name an example and I'll tell you why. It doesn't make me happy to do it as I've got much better things to do, however I'm very fair when it does happen.

No Name
09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
I’m glad I read this thread, it got really good towards the end. :)
I hope it keeps going. :D :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Well….
I feel sorry a few of you have had less than desirable results with Whipple…..
I, for one, have had nothing but great success in dealing with Dustin and his crew….
All I see is their commitment to the development and production of some of the most efficient & robust superchargers in the market……..and…..some of the best looking stuff out there!
As a business owner, I never stop trying to please everyone, even though I fall short now and then……..I believe Whipple tries to do the same…….
Here’s a few pic’s for you……
Later,
CJG
:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780W200_rotors_a.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780w305_rotors.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780305ax_and_200ax_6_5_and_3_3.jpg

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780IMG_0644copy.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780IMG_0647.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780IMG_0651.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780IMG_0655.JPG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780IMG_1159.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780IMG_0659.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780W305_r_small_2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780w305r_small.JPG

andy01
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Well….
I, for one, have had nothing but great success in dealing with Dustin and his crew….
All I see is their commitment to the development and production of some of the most efficient & robust superchargers in the market……..and…..some of the best looking stuff out there!
As a business owner, I never stop trying to please everyone, even though I fall short now and then……..I believe Whipple tries to do the same…….
Later,
CJG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=114065&password=&sort=2&thecat=500
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780305ax_and_200ax_6_5_and_3_3.jpg
They do make some cool shit, no dought.
Andy

djunkie
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Just an idea
You may want to check with Dustin about upgrading to one of the new 3.3 units, if your running one of the old 2.3 lysolm units and if by chance your spinning it to fast, you will be back here soon.
I don't think the smaller one is a problem since its on a Small Block chevy.

Jordy
09-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow, so I got a PM titled "Jackass." Apparently Cat & Mice didn't want to waste his time or up his post count so he decided to send it behind the scenes. Must be on the make excuses for Dustin payroll... :notam:
You are a Jackass!
I came out of the woodwork because I hate it when guys like you do harm to other peoples businesses.
Do you have a business? have you ever tried to make everyone happy? It is not easy.
I am a very difficult customer to make happy, not many companies can make me happy. When they do I have the utmost respect for them. Whipple has done just that, made me happy. I have bought and installed 8 Whipple systems over the years. I will continue to support them every chance I get.
If Dustin got out of control and said some bad things then so what! He is Human.He is also pretty young for his position and would be expected to make some mistakes. He still makes the best blowers and does a great job supporting them.
I am a pretty reasonable guy and you make me say things that I am not proud of. Does that make me a bad business guy? I don’t think so!
You need to stop your bullshit and stay away from bashing businesses.
BTW-My short reference was more about how you act not your actual height. Although I did just see a pic of you and I think you actually are short. What 5’9”maybe 5’10”? If I where a betting man I would say you got picked on when you where younger. It seems like you have something to prove.
why don't you try and take the high road just once?
Mike
My response: Who gives a shit??? :notam:
p.s. Apparently how tall you are plays into the relevance of your post, at least according to pussy & rodents, or Gomer PYLE. :notam:

Tom Brown
09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
I am a very difficult customer to make happy, not many companies can make me happy. When they do I have the utmost respect for them. Whipple has done just that, made me happy. I have bought and installed 8 Whipple systems over the years. I will continue to support them every chance I get.
I think he's saying that he has gotten what he wants so nodigg should shut the hell up about the white hot poker that was rammed up his ass. Sounds reasonable. :D

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Jordy,
That charmin thing, that's so original, man I've never heard something so clever.
You should let people get answers to their questions. If I read the post properly, I don't see anything about customer service, I see a question about replacing a seal, time, and money. Somehow, that doesn't seem to ask whether Jordy or Tigger thinks it's safe to deal with us.
Thanks again Jordy, hugs and kisses my love

Kilrtoy
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
That made for a good read
ONE QUESTION
FOR NO DIGG
why the 180 on what you were saying last year....

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I think he's saying that he has gotten what he wants so nodigg should shut the hell up about the white hot poker that was rammed up his ass. Sounds reasonable. :D
For the 100,645 time, SC was past it's 1-year warranty, spun past it's warranted rpm limit (14,000rpm) and we had zero parts to help with service, repair or replace, due to the mfg not supplying the proper level of parts. I gave all the info possible to help get it replaced via the mfg in Sweden. From my experience, it should've made it longer than it did, but I did not get to evaluate the unit to see the exact cause of the failure. Sending the SC to the mfg, as well as some email is certainly more work than what the normal circumstance was, but, as stated before, we had no other option.
It would be great if we can really just stick with the facts.
Thank you

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 11:06 PM
If it's front seals, then it's bearing's, seals and rear bearings are 550-650 depending on version of the compressor. 1-2 turn around. Seals must be calibrated before installing, and the right assembly procedure is important when putting back together. There are also many different versions of compressors from Lysholm, so some are upgradable, some are not.
Thanks

Whipple Charged
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't think the smaller one is a problem since its on a Small Block chevy.
If it's a Lysholm version, than it's max speed is 14,000rpm, it should be oil fed if sped past this for long periods of throttle. If it's past 16,000, I feel it's a must to oil feed off the engine.
The Whipple version can turn up to 18,000 before oil before it's mandatory to oil feed.
To calculate compressor speed, take crank pulley size/sc pulley size. Multiply by engine rpm.
Thank you

Jordy
09-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Jordy,
That charmin thing, that's so original, man I've never heard something so clever.
Thanks for noticing Dustin, I was just trying to hit it over the center field wall in JBB's eyes. Glad you picked up on it. :D
You should let people get answers to their questions. If I read the post properly, I don't see anything about customer service, I see a question about replacing a seal, time, and money. Somehow, that doesn't seem to ask whether Jordy or Tigger thinks it's safe to deal with us.
Gee, that's where we probably don't see eye to eye Dustin. Anytime someone in your position with a company posts, I see it as a customer service issue. When you start blasting people with regards to Whipple's lack of service, I see that as a representation of the company as a whole. When multiple customers come forth with the same complaints, I see that as an image problem that you can come here and try to control, or in your case with the now apparently non-existant-BLACK-LISTED BY WHIPPLE thread, you can go the opposite route with a bunch of my friends and throw gas on the fire. Which is your deal.
However, I didn't offer up any opinion either way with regards to your lack of customer service, I merely offered up the results of a search with "whipple" in the title. You are the one who offered up my "constant" bs. I'm merely catering to your wishes Dustin. You called me out in this thread before you made a half a page of excuses that were pointed out to you as a root of your problems in the Blacklisted thread. It's great you finally realized the problems. My best wishes to you in resolving them, however, this seems to be another route for you to point fingers and establish blame, much as you did in the Blacklisted thread.
Thanks again Jordy, hugs and kisses my love
I really hope that's coming from your sister Dustin because I don't swing that way. ;)
ONE QUESTION
FOR NO DIGG
I don't believe it was a 180. From what I read based upon Nodigg's response, it was more of the lack of service he recieved had no part to do with anything based upon respect as suggest by some of the Whipple nut-swingers in previous posts and he went somewhere else and got the recurring problems sufficiently corrected and hasn't had any problems from there. that's just how I read it though.

Tom Brown
09-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I don't believe it was a 180. From what I read based upon Nodigg's response, it was more of the lack of service he recieved had no part to do with anything based upon respect as suggest by some of the Whipple nut-swingers in previous posts and he went somewhere else and got the recurring problems sufficiently corrected and hasn't had any problems from there. that's just how I read it though.
That's how I understand it too. My understanding is that Whipple product has always been really good in general, including the Lysholm based product, and that Dustin has worked hard to help large numbers of people. There are many recounts of Dustin working his ass off make people happy.
I have no doubt that all legal obligations on Whipple's part were met and it's upsetting to hear that Whipple really got beaten up by the Lysholm people.
I wonder if the Lysholm people thought they knew what the Whipple people were going to say and do? I wonder if that's why they didn't return calls, as has been alleged? I wonder if they figured... "What's with these guys? We are making all the product we can and there's just no more to go around so why do they keep calling?"
Factory representatives tend to be pretty positive. Maybe they didn't want to answer the phone when they had nothing positive to say?
They're probably good guys who just didn't want to deal with the whole mess beyond what they absolutely had to.
It's interesting to speculate about how it might have gone, had communication remained intact. Maybe small amounts of g-code could have been sent out of the factory under NDA to allow the out sourcing of some of the assemblies. Not the entire product... just some of the most needed replacement items.
I'm not a compressor engineer and I've never seen inside a Lysholm supercharger, beyond an Internet picture but I know that bearing housing designs aren't the kind of thing that require military guard. If someone wanted to get their hands on those designs, they could spend a few minutes with a compressor and a caliper. Had they have outsourced some of their component manufacturing, it might have reduced the load on Lysholm and allowed them to produce more compete assemblies. With the numbers being cited, even a few more full assemblies would have been a big deal. Who knows, they may have even saved a customer.
I wonder why Rick doesn't want to share his experience that might be of tremendous benefit to Whipple?
It's interesting that a 3rd party was enterprising enough to have figured out the problem and has created a solution. Kudos to them. :cool:

Jbb
09-07-2006, 03:55 AM
That's how I understand it too. My understanding is that Whipple product has always been really good in general, including the Lysholm based product, and that Dustin has worked hard to help large numbers of people. There are many recounts of Dustin working his ass off make people happy.
I have no doubt that all legal obligations on Whipple's part were met and it's upsetting to hear that Whipple really got beaten up by the Lysholm people.
I wonder if the Lysholm people thought they knew what the Whipple people were going to say and do? I wonder if that's why they didn't return calls, as has been alleged? I wonder if they figured... "What's with these guys? We are making all the product we can and there's just no more to go around so why do they keep calling?"
Factory representatives tend to be pretty positive. Maybe they didn't want to answer the phone when they had nothing positive to say?
They're probably good guys who just didn't want to deal with the whole mess beyond what they absolutely had to.
It's interesting to speculate about how it might have gone, had communication remained intact. Maybe small amounts of g-code could have been sent out of the factory under NDA to allow the out sourcing of some of the assemblies. Not the entire product... just some of the most needed replacement items.
I'm not a compressor engineer and I've never seen inside a Lysholm supercharger, beyond an Internet picture but I know that bearing housing designs aren't the kind of thing that require military guard. If someone wanted to get their hands on those designs, they could spend a few minutes with a compressor and a caliper. Had they have outsourced some of their component manufacturing, it might have reduced the load on Lysholm and allowed them to produce more compete assemblies. With the numbers being cited, even a few more full assemblies would have been a big deal. Who knows, they may have even saved a customer.
I wonder why Rick doesn't want to share his experience that might be of tremendous benefit to Whipple?
It's interesting that a 3rd party was enterprising enough to have figured out the problem and has created a solution. Kudos to them. :cool:
Hey cybil......which one of you will be babbling next.... :p

gmocnik
09-07-2006, 07:11 AM
If it's front seals, then it's bearing's, seals and rear bearings are 550-650 depending on version of the compressor. 1-2 turn around. Seals must be calibrated before installing, and the right assembly procedure is important when putting back together. There are also many different versions of compressors from Lysholm, so some are upgradable, some are not.
Thanks
Just for the record....even during the time period when whipple experienced supplier issues, i received nothing short of outstanding support from whipple. nothing...nothing makes dependable horsewpower like a quad rotor....

atomickitn
09-07-2006, 07:17 AM
wow ! :) ok soo let me say this sorry for all the commotion Dustin, i really just wanted to know where i can get my blower serviced in havasu, and not have to send it all the way up to you since i have heard that you had your hands full, and it would be a benefit to me and the local business , i hope that all this bad talk will go away , i like your product since you are the only company that even has a vortech style unit on the market ...
ok soo what about upgrading to a bigger unit , what will be involved,,and how much do i need to replace on my current system....and of course $$$.. but you do not have to respond to this in any way shape or form my pm is open as you may have my number already via a pm i sent you again sorry for all the bs Dustin ...i just want to get my blower back on my motor asap.. :cool:

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 07:19 AM
That guy is AWESOME. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
One week ey? I figured he would change that.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 07:27 AM
I hope you guys don't mind, I just got my morning wood back.
Brian
Well….
Later,
CJG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780w305_rotors.JPG

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Someone could have called me.
Brian
If someone wanted to get their hands on those designs, they could spend a few minutes with a compressor and a caliper. Had they have outsourced some of their component manufacturing, it might have reduced the load on Lysholm and allowed them to produce more compete assemblies. With the numbers being cited, even a few more full assemblies would have been a big deal. Who knows, they may have even saved a customer.

OGShocker
09-07-2006, 07:51 AM
i just want to get my blower back on my motor asap.. :cool:
Next time you go out you'll be driving our boat. I better not find a SB intake on her when I get her back..:D
PS. Dustin, I fricken LOVE our Whipple. Good luck in the future.
Mark

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-07-2006, 07:59 AM
I hope you guys don't mind, I just got my morning wood back.
Brian
Too cool huh?...
The 3.3L on the right sure looks small in the shadow of the 6.5L.... :idea:
Later,
CJG
:)

Cat & Mice
09-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Wow, so I got a PM titled "Jackass." Apparently Cat & Mice didn't want to waste his time or up his post count so he decided to send it behind the scenes. Must be on the make excuses for Dustin payroll... :notam:
My response: Who gives a shit??? :notam:
p.s. Apparently how tall you are plays into the relevance of your post, at least according to pussy & rodents, or Gomer PYLE. :notam:
Jordy,
Gomer Pyle? that’s a new one, never heard that before. Again something I doubt you would say to someone's face, who’s the Pussy?
I just realized why no one really pays to much attention to you. You are like the kid with a helmet that spits when he talks and drools all over himself. It is not cool to make fun of that kid. Until now I just didn't realize that is who you are, I guess everyone else is more observant then me. That is one of the problems with the Internet, you just don’t know who you are talking too. Oh well I am sorry and will quit trying to have a conversation with a retard.
BTW- atomickitn , Sorry that Jordy derailed this thread and I was dumb enough to follow. Hopefully you get taken care of and solve the problem.

atomickitn
09-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Next time you go out you'll be driving our boat. I better not find a SB intake on her when I get her back..:D
PS. Dustin, I fricken LOVE our Whipple. Good luck in the future.
Mark
hummmm first a drive now a new blower !!!!......do you think i can fit the big block unit onto my small block??? :cool:

Jordy
09-07-2006, 08:50 AM
I just realized why no one really pays to much attention to you.
You seem to be paying lots of attention to me in this thread Mike. What does that say about you then??? :idea:

Whipple Charged
09-07-2006, 11:08 AM
[
It's interesting that a 3rd party was enterprising enough to have figured out the problem and has created a solution. Kudos to them. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Lysholm had our projections 6 months in advance, and we were up 25% from the prior year. They did not pay their main casting supplier, over a dispute of quality for the Ford GT program. This supplier cut them off completly when they did not pay for the 100K tooling for the GT. Lysholm merged with the Opcon group, now had to deal with a board, money got funnelled to different channels, had to pay for tooling, molds, etc. at other suppliers, then machining, many suppliers cut them off, they had $$ issues with quite a few vendors. They were way behind building the GT units, which consumed all the time they normally dedicated to our SC's. The only SC's we got did not meet the Ford GT/Eaton inspections for one reason or another. We only found out later about this. The majority of things went to Ford, they told many people, including us, via email and phone that they would rather be sued by us than Ford. If they slowed down the GT production line, they had to pay a huge fee per hour, per the contract.
This is the easy story, not the real dirty details. They were notified each time we laid a employee off, when parts were coming in such as intercoolers (cost more than the sc's) that we had to refinance our houses, sold our cars, borrowed vehicles, etc. They new this with a email a day, because they wouldn't come to the phone.
As for servicing the SC's, Lysholm NEVER wanted us to do this work and would not approve of it. They did not approve of PSE either, they didn't want anybody working on their superchargers. Stupid yes, but we didn't have control if we wanted to sale the supercharger. As stupid as it is, and it's the same with Eaton roots blowers, but if they have a problem with seal, bearing, etc., they replace the entire rotor assembly which is gears, bearings, seals, shafts, etc. all assembled. Easy for Eaton, rotor assemblies cost under $100 since they make 400,000 of them. But Lysholm made 5000-6000, and took 4 times as long to make, so it was pretty stupid to not rebuild, update, etc. here. Thats how THEY are.
The problem with rebuilding is that they can never go back together the same. The shafts are knurled, bearings are pressed in. Once you pull this apart, you will lose some tolerance. We have the proper tools to get this setup correctly, but thats why others can't just do it. Also PSE started by working on the Eaton's, which is what Jerry Magnusson at Magna Charger is liscensed from Eaton to do.
Thanks,
Dustin

Whipple Charged
09-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brown
If someone wanted to get their hands on those designs, they could spend a few minutes with a compressor and a caliper. Had they have outsourced some of their component manufacturing, it might have reduced the load on Lysholm and allowed them to produce more compete assemblies. With the numbers being cited, even a few more full assemblies would have been a big deal. Who knows, they may have even saved a customer.
Lysholm was very, very secretive with everything and did not share much. Again, they wanted nobody to touch this stuff. Rotors were never a problem because they came from their sister company SRM. Gears, rotor shafts, bearings, seals, machining, etc. was all a problem. Everything was outsourced already. They couldn't pay the vendors, according to an article in a financial magazine, many creditors were after them as well as the goverment for unpaid taxes. Then, they went to new vendors, which takes time, money, etc. These parts have very high tolerances, somebody with a set of calipers would have no idea what to do. There are many different procedures to get these to work properly, especially in machining. Lysholm now supplied Saleen and Mercury Racing. MR uses about 400-500, Saleen about 1500. Saleen was our account, which we lost when we had no SC's.
Things are so more complexed, we did everything we could. We built 6 100% new designed blowers in a matter of months, spent millions of dollars, risked EVERYTHING.
Thanks

RiverDave
09-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Well I read the threads in the past.. I agree that Dustin made some mistakes with regards to blasting on some customers, but lets be real here for a second. Whipples whole business was based upon a contract with another company that contract more or less went up in smoke! So now he's not only juggling warranty issues with no parts, supplier issues, and in deciding to keep the doors open got a class A fire lit under his ass in terms of having to develop and build his own blower lines in miracle timelines.. (Wish I could've helped with that BTW Mr. Whipple.. ;) ) Under that kind of stress and going in that many directions at once anybody is going to drop the ball once or twice, and yes I think anybody would've probably blown up after getting attacked on the internet after everything else that's going on day to day. The guy was watching his business getting flushed down the toilet, and on top of it having people (Not necesarrily nodigg) jumping on a bandwagon chastizing him on the internet.
At the end of the day, I think Rick got screwed don't get me wrong.. But I also think he was a victim of circumstance, and I can't hardly believe that Mr. Whipple would've done it intentionally.
I've never owned a whipplecharger, but god knows I've been around alot of them, and I've been nothing short of blown away at how well they work, and how reliable (in my limited experience) they seem to be. The next time I need a compressor Whipple would definatley be on my short list to fill the application.
As for all the talk on the internet, both past and present.. It's just that, talk on the internet. The bottom line is it's a high quality, nice efficient blower, in a small lighterweight (compared to most) package.
It's threads like these and the personal attacks, why more OEM's, and aftermarket businesses don't post on the internet. There's no way to "win" here for Dustin. He backs down and says he's sorry for whatever, the ***boat lynchmob thinks he's a pussy and can walk on him for any customer service issues. He comes up and wins some nontangible internet argument and he makes people angry and they go around bashing his product and costing him revenue.
If it was me Dustin, I'd answer Atomickitten's questions via PM and roll out.. Lurk and answer questions via PM, becuase it's a basic rule of life that you can't make everybody happy, and it's the basic rule of ***boat that the one guy you didn't make happy is bound to be on here, and have 100 friends with pitchforks and torches.. LOL
RD

Jbb
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
rd sux.................................. :p

atomickitn
09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
it sucks that this thread had to come to this but all i wanted was to know about service/repair for my lil blower for a simple mouse motor.......not to see anyone get bashed.... i hope that all of the Whipple family knows this and will disconnect from the dummies that say things out of there .......... :cool:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Dustin,
Thanks for the brief explanation of your past business woe's.....
People who never make it to the sharp end of the sword will never have any idea of what you and your family went through to stay in business.... :idea:
The average worker-bee sleeps well at night because someone else is staring at the ceiling all night long trying to solve the problem.... :idea:
Continued success to you and the family....
Regards,
CJG

doesitfloat?
09-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Dustin, for what it's worth, I think you've shown yourself to be a stand up guy with your detailed explanations and your tough supplier circumstances.
As a business owner, I understand that you will NEVER please everyone. Also, the "behind-the-scenes" stress can be unbearable affecting marriage, kids, health, etc. These are issues that many others do not understand or have not experienced. Even if, in some other thread, you were rude or whatever to some HB peeps, I get it...there's more to the story...or, maybe, you just lost your cool? Whatever.
I don't understand why people who have NEVER dealt with you find the need to add their .02 about things that they READ on a THREAD on an INTERNET FORUM. Why not let the people who ACTUALLY have/had a beef with you do the bashing? As RD said, in the future just rise above it, just answer the specific customer question and move on because everytime you respond, they'll come back at you. Pretty soon, a simple thread about a specific question becomes a lame bashing thread.
I WILL be contacting you if I need SC services in the future.

CornWater
09-07-2006, 09:20 PM
People who never make it to the sharp end of the sword will never have any idea of what you and your family went through to stay in business.... :idea:
The average worker-bee sleeps well at night because someone else is staring at the ceiling all night long trying to solve the problem.... :idea:
Very well said... kinda rings a bell because I am, and have been, that guy staring at the ceiling many a night...

SummitKarl
09-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Next time you go out you'll be driving our boat.
Mark
well you better send another $4 with him :crossx: :p :)

Tom Brown
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
At the end of the day, I think Rick got screwed don't get me wrong.
Maybe Dustin will cut you a deal when it comes time for a blower, Dave. :cool:
What I was trying to say with my long winded post is, "Gee Dustin... supplier really wants to help you but can't and won't even return phone calls? It sounds like you know exactly how Rick feels."

09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
For the record, I purchased & installed my SC during the time when all of the drama and new compressor R&D was happening. My engine was one of the first 2005 496's and had the new pulley configuration that was not compatible with the previous years' kit. An e-mail & phone call to Dustin netted me a custom fabbed piece (now part of the '05&up kit) that made the whole thing work, in less than a week! I'm not a "multi-unit" customer, or a custom boat builder. I'm just a hot rodder that wanted to make his boat faster. I was unaware of the problems Whipple was having at the time; but when I look back, I am just amazed at how quickly Whipple responded and solved my problem.
I also am a business owner who must keep customers happy, and Whipple's problems were transparent to me when I needed help.
Just my .02
Thanks again Dustin!
-----Rob

KLEPTOW
09-08-2006, 05:34 AM
[QUOTE=djunkie]I don't think the smaller one is a problem since its on a Small Block chevy.[/QUOTE
Spinning a blower to fast has nothing to do with the size of motor it's on.

ratso
09-08-2006, 05:41 AM
Dustin,
Regards,
CJG
...right on target. ;)

COELIMINATOR
09-08-2006, 06:50 AM
I had issues with the old 2.3 charger. Seals and bearings. Dustin took care of it every time. This happened more than once. It was because I was turning it tooooooooo fast. He still took care of it. KUDOS. I have since upgraded to the 3.3 and have had no issues.
Thanks Dustin.
Sam

OGShocker
09-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Dustin,
Regards,
CJG
I think this needs to be nominated for "perfect post of the year".

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-08-2006, 07:17 AM
I think this needs to be nominated for "perfect post of the year".
Awwwwww......
Shucks Mark.......
CJG
:redface:

Dave C
09-08-2006, 07:24 AM
so you can draw a map of your ceiling from memory too! ;) ;) :rollside:
Dustin,
Regards,
CJG

djunkie
09-08-2006, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=djunkie]I don't think the smaller one is a problem since its on a Small Block chevy.[/QUOTE
Spinning a blower to fast has nothing to do with the size of motor it's on.
What I was meaning to say is, that he probably didn't need a larger volume blower cause he has a smaller cubic inche nmotor and I don't think Bobby runs much boost to it so I assumed he wasn't spinning it faster. But what the hell do I know?

atomickitn
09-08-2006, 01:01 PM
What I was meaning to say is, that he probably didn't need a larger volume blower cause he has a smaller cubic inche nmotor and I don't think Bobby runs much boost to it so I assumed he wasn't spinning it faster. But what the hell do I know?
shhhhh dont tell anyone that .......they all think its bigger than it really is :rollside: ,,but to have abigger blower on top of my mouse would mean that i can make moor hp with out turnning it more rpm..... hi dave :)

djunkie
09-08-2006, 01:08 PM
shhhhh dont tell anyone that .......they all think its bigger than it really is :rollside: ,,but to have abigger blower on top of my mouse would mean that i can make moor hp with out turnning it more rpm..... hi dave :)
Hell as hard as that thing runs I'd let everyone look under the hatch. Make them feel real small cause they just got wooped up on by a small block. :crossx: :crossx:

atomickitn
09-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Hell as hard as that thing runs I'd let everyone look under the hatch. Make them feel real small cause they just got wooped up on by a small block. :crossx: :crossx:
just think if that tank of mine was just weeee bit lighter...funny thing before i built this motor i had the same blower on my 383,and put a whooopin on a guy with a built 502....how pissed was he ? :crossx:

Cat & Mice
09-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Go with the 3.3's We changed out my 2.3's for 3.3's on my 406 SBC and they make huge power and run way cooler. Over 800hp. Here is a pic, though these are the old style.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/2065whippled406.jpg

djunkie
09-08-2006, 02:04 PM
just think if that tank of mine was just weeee bit lighter...funny thing before i built this motor i had the same blower on my 383,and put a whooopin on a guy with a built 502....how pissed was he ? :crossx:
Exactly. :rollside: :rollside:

mbrown2
09-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Whipple was always able to answer my questions when I had a whipple motor and was quick to respond. Up to about a year ago he was always the number one (other then Rex) vendor responder when it came to supercharger help.
Wish you well on your new direction Whipple....times have obviously been tough as all companies have them....Appreciate seeing you on the boards again.

atomickitn
09-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Go with the 3.3's We changed out my 2.3's for 3.3's on my 406 SBC and they make huge power and run way cooler. Over 800hp. Here is a pic, though these are the old style.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/2065whippled406.jpg
wow thats a nice mouse! i wish i could afford the bigger blower , but since i also broke my drive as well a few weeks back i just cant afford to do both now soo maybe next year i can find a used one to bolt on soo im upping the boost on my lil one to get as much as i can .......now with 5.5 psi it makes around 550 hp 670 tq ...so with a lil more boost i should see 600/700...wish me luck ...and thanks for the info....bobby :)

nodigg
09-09-2006, 08:52 AM
If it's a Lysholm version, than it's max speed is 14,000rpm, it should be oil fed if sped past this for long periods of throttle. If it's past 16,000, I feel it's a must to oil feed off the engine.
The Whipple version can turn up to 18,000 before oil before it's mandatory to oil feed.
To calculate compressor speed, take crank pulley size/sc pulley size. Multiply by engine rpm.
Thank you
I WHOLLY agree with this statement! After expensive and time consuming personal research I have also come this conclusion. BUT, if its a 2300 that is not intended for boat use, get better bearings.

nodigg
09-09-2006, 09:16 AM
ONE QUESTION
FOR NO DIGG
I have just made a lifestyle choice to be more positive is all. (Not always working) :argue:
I've had lots of failed parts and service issues in the boating field as well as other toys, equipment and machinery over the years. Only ONE has resulted in me getting what I felt was not only being treated unjustly but with no respect, understanding or professionalism. Some of which was attempted to be resolved later btw. I now know a lot more about what Dustin was going through at the time (and I sympathize) that was not made public.
I now know the biggest issue I had was that the 2nd 2300r I had did not work well with sustained higher rpm. I believe now it was intended for use in an automotive engine.
Now to answer your question. Read between the lines;
1. "Dustin makes a great kit" (as in accessories for a supercharger) One has to give him his due in that regard.
2."and does good research" (as in on his kits) NO DOUBT!
I still like the Whipple product line. Nothing mentioned about my thoughts on customer service, reliability, proper Lysholm application or bearing kits for boat motors, respect for customers or vendors. That is for each customer to decide based upon their own experience. Whipple definately has more good than bad customer experiences.
Businessmen must defend their positions. Don't we all? Its the going on the attack as a businessman that sits badly with some I think. It just serves no purpose as far as I am concerned.
Best of luck Dustin. I hope you can continue to survive and better yet thrive in your business endevors.

nodigg
09-09-2006, 09:17 AM
One more thing. If I had gone with a 3.3, none of this would have happended I am sure!