PDA

View Full Version : What's the best b-day present you ever got?

Riverkid
09-06-2006, 01:18 PM
This is pretty cool! :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880BBQ.jpg
Now I've gotta build something to stick it in... :rolleyes: :)

Jyruiz
09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Surprise party thrown by my wife.

Dave C
09-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Bj....

SoCalHD
09-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Last year wifeee rescued a new CBR1000RR for me!!
(well I rescued it, and she let me keep it!!lol)

ChumpChange
09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
I finished building mine about a month ago. There are some good times to be had with a good BBQ!

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Uh, still waiting on it... :rolleyes: :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
09-06-2006, 01:51 PM
A 16 year old redhead's virginity.

MR HARLEY
09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Dang............. :p Lets get with it No Name. :) :rollside:
What can I get for you my dear. :crossx:
Skater with 1080's and 6's?.....10million dollars?.....5 karat diamond? :D

24ROD
09-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Last year my boss picked me up and took me to 5 strip clubs in one day :) The whole deal was on him :rollside:

ratso
09-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Gold Card is on it's way...

MAINEVENT
09-06-2006, 01:54 PM
My Wife told me she wanted a Dicorce!!!! The Happiest day of my life... :rollside:

ratso
09-06-2006, 01:55 PM
...judging by the other thread, you'd think a blow job by Tiger Woods... :jawdrop:

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Dang............. :p Lets get with it No Name. :) :rollside:
What can I get for you my dear. :crossx:
Skater with 1080's and 6's?.....10million dollars?.....5 karat diamond? :D
Shiat, I'll take it!! :rollside:
Who's No Name? :crossx: .... :p

djunkie
09-06-2006, 01:56 PM
A car. But that was a gift from myself. :rolleyes:

ratso
09-06-2006, 01:57 PM
My Wife told me she wanted a Dicorce!!!! The Happiest day of my life... :rollside:
...kinda like the boat thing... the day you marry one and the day you divorce one. :D

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Gold Card is on it's way...
such generous HB peeps.. :crossx:

MR HARLEY
09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Shiat, I'll take it!! :rollside:
Who's No Name? :crossx: .... :p
Thats a good Gal,
You know where to find me. :crossx: :p

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Thats a good Gal,
You know where to find me. :crossx: :p
:cool:
And don't be surprised if I show up... :crossx:

MR HARLEY
09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
:cool:
And don't be surprised if I show up... :crossx:
Oh I wont, I'll even leave the light on for you. :clover:

FMluvswater
09-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Well after sustaining third degree frostbite to soles of both my feet on New Year's Eve 92-93 ... I was walking again 28 days later on my birthday. That was the best present definitely.
I learned my lesson: minus 27*C, vodka, stupidity, anger and running after someone on pavement in socks for five blocks is generally not a good combination for my feet.
Oh I also got my very first CD player that birthday. :cool: It was a close second.

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 02:26 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880BBQ-med.jpg
I'm at the final stages of building an outdoor kitchen from scratch...just a palapa roof is left. :cool:
To answer your question: Super easy one for me.....My wife saying "yes" to my last birthday request of the day about 18 years ago...will you marry me? :rollside: :rollside:

Riverkid
09-06-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm at the final stages of building an outdoor kitchen from scratch...just a palapa roof is left. :cool:
To answer your question: Super easy one for me.....My wife saying "yes" to my last birthday request of the day about 18 years ago...will you marry me? :rollside: :rollside:
Very cool! :)
Post up some pics when you can. I'm looking for ideas. We have quartz around the pool, fake rocks, and then some granite top tables, so I'm not sure which way to go for facing the thing or as a top surface... Definitley want something smooth on the face so as not to tear up people's kness sitting around it. We have all bar height tables existing so that should help a bit?..
Block, metal stud, or??? I think mine will end up half under the patio cover, and half out.

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 02:33 PM
awwweee, very nice... :)

h2oski2fast
09-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey B,
I've been thinking of building something along the lines of my cooler cart, but for a BBQ. That way it will still look cool, yet portable.

Riverkid
09-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Just so long as the cooler cart can be towed, too.
Kinda like a set of doubles! :crossx:
Man the wind just kicked up here like crazy. Huge dust storm rolling down the 15 right now from Elsinore up towards Corona...

Jbb
09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Well after sustaining third degree frostbite to soles of both my feet on New Year's Eve 92-93 ... I was walking again 28 days later on my birthday. That was the best present definitely.
I learned my lesson: minus 27*C, vodka, stupidity, anger and running after someone on pavement in socks for five blocks is generally not a good combination for my feet.
Oh I also got my very first CD player that birthday. :cool: It was a close second.
Um.....would that not be 29 days later? :p

blown dough
09-06-2006, 02:56 PM
A new house in Havasu!!!!!!!!!!

bruddah
09-06-2006, 03:00 PM
at least you wont forget your anniversery! cant think of my best present either...hmmmm..

h2oski2fast
09-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Just so long as the cooler cart can be towed, too.
Kinda like a set of doubles! :crossx:
Man the wind just kicked up here like crazy. Huge dust storm rolling down the 15 right now from Elsinore up towards Corona...
Yeah, that kind of weather happens out in the desert. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

QuickJet
09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
A girl named Erin and a girl named Lisa. It was my 26th birthday and I will NEVER forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RitcheyRch
09-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Bj and a surprise party this year.

Dan Lorenze
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
The best Birthday present I got was my boat that my wife bought for me..

Windy
09-06-2006, 03:47 PM
My dog. :)

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 03:55 PM
The best Birthday present I got was my boat that my wife bought for me..
I think I remember that from a post some time back..

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Very cool! :)
Post up some pics when you can. I'm looking for ideas. We have quartz around the pool, fake rocks, and then some granite top tables, so I'm not sure which way to go for facing the thing or as a top surface... Definitley want something smooth on the face so as not to tear up people's kness sitting around it. We have all bar height tables existing so that should help a bit?..
Block, metal stud, or??? I think mine will end up half under the patio cover, and half out.
I used wood studs, sheet it with 1/4ply, bbq level at tabletop height with a surrounding bar at (doh) bar height. Waterproofed with paper, added sink, granite counters and now about to wrap the structure with bamboo fencing for that tropical look/feel. Slot where BBQ fits is all protected with wonderboard for the heat. Last I need to do yet is build the framework for the thatched roofing material.
I tend to overbuild stuff around the house but I'd rather do it just once. :)
I'll see about taking a few pics.
If I had to guess if I had it built for me it would be $10-15k, I'll probably be under $2k. I work cheap for the wife :D :D :D :D

Riverkid
09-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, that kind of weather happens out in the desert. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
Bite me. You know all those 12' tall Plumeria trees we had? Now they are all about 8 footers... :cry: Did you get my email last week? Need some quotes...

Riverkid
09-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I used wood studs, sheet it with 1/4ply, bbq level at tabletop height with a surrounding bar at (doh) bar height. Waterproofed with paper, added sink, granite counters and now about to wrap the structure with bamboo fencing for that tropical look/feel. Slot where BBQ fits is all protected with wonderboard for the heat. Last I need to do yet is build the framework for the thatched roofing material.
I tend to overbuild stuff around the house but I'd rather do it just once. :)
I'll see about taking a few pics.
If I had to guess if I had it built for me it would be $10-15k, I'll probably be under $2k. I work cheap for the wife :D :D :D :D
Please do put some pics up. I never thought about bamboo. That's a great idea. We've got the whole Tommy bahama backyard thing going so that would fit right in... Did you find a place to get the palapa peeler poles?

Kilrtoy
09-06-2006, 04:29 PM
SOrry Honey....
I told you, you would have to stop by to receive it :p

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 04:36 PM
SOrry Honey....
I told you, you would have to stop by to receive it :p
you're right, you did, just keep it to the side till I get there. Make sure no one throws it out or steps on it. :crossx:

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Please do put some pics up. I never thought about bamboo. That's a great idea. We've got the whole Tommy bahama backyard thing going so that would fit right in... Did you find a place to get the palapa peeler poles?
Exactly, tropical was my theme.
I can get the peelers locally at a shop or online but I might just go with HomeDepot poles they have for the Reed fencing. I think they'll do fine for the thatching. I even considered the Reed fencing but thought they'd be more fragile if kicked while seated at the bar. The bamboo can take a beating.
I'm even gonna take the friggen time to wrap thistle rope at all the pole joints for appearance sake..... geez I can be anal with my projects :rolleyes: :p

JB in so cal
09-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Exactly, tropical was my theme.
I can get the peelers locally at a shop or online but I might just go with HomeDepot poles they have for the Reed fencing. I think they'll do fine for the thatching. I even considered the Reed fencing but thought they'd be more fragile if kicked while seated at the bar. The bamboo can take a beating.
I'm even gonna take the friggen time to wrap thistle rope at all the pole joints for appearance sake..... geez I can be anal with my projects :rolleyes: :p
uhhhhhhhhhhhh huhhhhhhhhhhh! :cool: just when you think it's safe to go on HB, again...
When's the break in party? I can be there in a 1/2 hour, Zig!

Trailer Park Casanova
09-06-2006, 04:55 PM
That is really cool.
My birthday at the dunes the wife asked me to marry her.
She promised to never get fat, cheat or refuse sex.
She's kept that birthday present promise.

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 04:56 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhh huhhhhhhhhhhh! :cool: just when you think it's safe to go on HB, again...
When's the break in party? I can be there in a 1/2 hour, Zig!
JHChrist---I thought I was safe using that word, but nooooooooo, who shows up butt JB....lmao
shhhh, I was supposed to have this project done by early July but river trips can not be sacrificed...LOL

JB in so cal
09-06-2006, 04:57 PM
That is really cool.
My birthday at the dunes the wife asked me to marry her.
She promised to never get fat, cheat or refuse sex.
She's kept that birthday present promise.
Marriage vows for the 21st century. :cool:

Riverkid
09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
JHChrist---I thought I was safe using that word, but nooooooooo, who shows up butt JB....lmao
One more frequent flyer from Royal's thread and this one will get gayed up for sure... :crossx: :) :rollside:

JB in so cal
09-06-2006, 05:06 PM
shhhh, I was supposed to have this project done by early July but river trips can not be sacrificed...LOL
Just send out the invites and I won't tell a soul! We are for sure going out to the 'Zoo the weekend of the 16th. You said you were going then; still?

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Just send out the invites and I won't tell a soul! We are for sure going out to the 'Zoo the weekend of the 16th. You said you were going then; still?
Magic 8ball says= Very Likely yes.

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 05:41 PM
One more frequent flyer from Royal's thread and this one will get gayed up for sure... :crossx: :) :rollside:
:D :D :D

FMluvswater
09-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Um.....would that not be 29 days later? :p
Well give a girl a break would ya! :p NYE still feels like NYE even after midnight it isn't New Year's Day until the sun has risen and screamed at your eyes that you're an idiot for celebrating that much. :D It was still dark when the "incident" happened. :redface: :squiggle:
Edit: I'm sure I've mentioned I suck at math too :( diagnosis happened on Jan 1st, so 28 days later I was walking again ... I probably should have just said "yes Jbb you are correct", huh? :idea: Did I mention I'm a slow learner? :D

Garrddogg
09-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Last year my girl got me a Movado.. Ill prolly get a lump of coal this year :rollside:

MOBrien
09-06-2006, 06:29 PM
DITTO. Got the same project on my list and would love to see some pics for ideas.
Sounds like a fun honey-do.
-MOB