PDA

View Full Version : Are there any dates or places

ratso
09-06-2006, 04:16 PM
... that you find it tough to deal with or hard to cope with? As time goes by I'm sure some of it gets easier, as in the passing of a loved one, a divorce, or something like that. I had a favorite restaurant I used to frequent with someone, and won't go into details, but just haven't ever been able to make myself go back to it.
After my last divorce, for about 2 years, I would drive about 5 miles out of the way to keep from driving by where my ex worked. To this day I can see a car like she drives and I still get a sick feeling in my stomach.
A friend of mine died in a hospital after an accident, and when I drive into Ft Worth past that hospital, it just flat nauseates me.
A lady I know after a breakup sold all her furniture, ALL of it, that she had bought with her fiancee... because of all the memories.
What about the rest of you? Elaborate...

ratso
09-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Did everyone just go jump off a building? :idea:

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Did everyone just go jump off a building? :idea:
Uh, yeah. Thanks for the cheerful reminders... :crossx:
Actually when I first moved out here with my then fiance at the time, we were living in an apartment. We split up 7 months after. After splitting up stuff and all, the days came right after that I felt I was walking around in a place where someone had died. I couldn't wait to move out of that place, and when I did, it made it so much easier. And I got rid of old furniture and stuff and got new things, it helped.

ThongMagnet
09-06-2006, 05:08 PM
This thread is just too difficult to deal with....more than the date :cry:

HocusPocus
09-06-2006, 05:16 PM
in pearblossom ca, there is an intersection off of hwy 18 known as "four corners". when i was 25 i had a very close friend die there, when he fell asleep at the wheel on the way home and ran into the back of a semi truck parked on side of the road. every time i drive by there i get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and that was almost 20 years ago.