PDA

View Full Version : Who's Ready for Glamis!

bignet
09-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Just got the sand toys out and getting them all serviced.....1st week of October is the HUGE :2purples: Chapparal sale in the IE. If you've never been to one, the deals are off the hook! Bought riding gear, new boots, and 3 pairs of Spy glasses for under $250! Gotta get there butt ass early though!
God I can't wait for Halloween in Glamis!!!! Who's a SandFanatic like me?
:crossx:
bignet

Devil's Advocate
09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I haven't been in a few years. It was a blast! :rollside: Gordon's Well actually.

bignet
09-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Glamis has actually toned down a little, but of course there are exceptions. The riding is awesome though. Sitting around the campfire with good music and friends is the best...Damn, I sound like a frickin Folger's Coffee commercial! :rollside:
bignet

beerjet
09-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I use to go but couldn't stand the 80 grit between my ass cheecks.
-beerjet-

bignet
09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
I don't think you could get 80 grit between the cheeks on your avatar! :)

rvrjunkie
09-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I just got my fix last week at Pismo. Not as fun as Glamis but still a very good time.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
You guys have yet to ride dirty in havasu, So how can you even think about Glamis

bignet
09-06-2006, 08:21 PM
What are you talkin about!!!! If I remember correctly Roni was checkin for breast symmetry a couple of trips back! :rollside:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-06-2006, 08:23 PM
The big Nite Ride is this weekend.
Whos going?
Read about it here:
http://www.americansandassociation.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=175046#175046

77charger
09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
been ready even done 2 night rides this summer.Was some of the best duning i have had.Nice to see it so empty and smooth.

bignet
09-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Glamis night rides? Those are the best. Set out around 10pm and return like at 2 am. Stars for days..

ultra27jay
09-06-2006, 10:15 PM
im pumped up, i cant wait to get the toys and the toy hauler out there for the first trip........... :crossx:

Bense468
09-06-2006, 10:24 PM
We shot out there for a night ride a few weeks back. Waiting another 3 weeks or so until first trip.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
What are you talkin about!!!! If I remember correctly Roni was checkin for breast symmetry a couple of trips back! :rollside:
I think Havasu is too much for you two :) :boxed:

H20 Toie
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
i need to get another enclosed trailer and then i'm set.

W.O.T
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
i hate to say goodbye to river season already. put alot of work in this season to the boat. but the des is always nice. with as hot as its been in so cal lately i think ill be at the river a little longer this season!

wsuwrhr
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
After buying three Banshee's last season and not being able to use them a single time....
I hope so.
We'll be out at Rasor Road alot this year.
Anyone ever go out there?
Brian

cap'n chuy
09-06-2006, 11:28 PM
rasor road? where is that? we havent been to glamis in years!!! when is everyone going?anyone go to coral pink, ut? its the best!!!

wsuwrhr
09-06-2006, 11:38 PM
rasor road? where is that? we havent been to glamis in years!!! when is everyone going?anyone go to coral pink, ut? its the best!!!
On the way to Vegas, between Barstow and Baker.

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:17 AM
After buying three Banshee's last season and not being able to use them a single time....
I hope so.
We'll be out at Rasor Road alot this year.
Anyone ever go out there?
Brian
Been there a few times. Its the best of both worlds. (sand and dirt) Some of the most fun riding I've ever had.

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:18 AM
I saw some pics of that place on glamisdunes.com. If I ever get back into riding or get a Rhino I'd like to make a trip out there.

cap'n chuy
09-07-2006, 01:36 AM
a bunch of us are heading out there oct 30 thru nov 2 after the final nhra race in vegas.cant wait!!!

DAVEY B
09-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Can't wait building new engine trans for sand car should be ready by october. :cool:

x7734x
09-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Dumont baby.
But I agree with W.O.T. I will be on the river through the middle of October.

NOTALENT
09-07-2006, 06:54 AM
I wish Sandrails werent so damn expensive these days!!! :mad: I plan on going for Halloween (My Bday) Should be a good year. :rollside:

catman-do
09-07-2006, 07:02 AM
My Glamis season wont start until Holloween weekend... Its still too freekin hot out there for riding, and I cant ride at night (no lights on bike, quads are for old men and girls). We stay off Gecko Rd, usually around pad-4. We are planning a few rides into Mexico if anyone is down!!! Bring a sh.t load of cable locks and lets get trashed in the t!tty bars!!!

Throttle
09-07-2006, 07:04 AM
I have never been, I might be able to get it in this year :idea:

havaduner
09-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Car is ready, one quad almost ready, another quad still in the trailer, a couple things to do the trailer, and I'll be ready.
Cant seem to stop thinking about Havasu though. Gonna be out at Havi everyweekend this month. Maybe if it cools down, I'll start getting pumped for the sand.

CBadDad
09-07-2006, 07:32 AM
We're a (R)ocotillo Wells family. Usually make it out to Glamis for a boys trip at least once, but I don't like taking the kids there. Too friggin' crazy.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-07-2006, 07:44 AM
We are Ocotillo peeps and I cannot wait for the season to start!!!!! I wish it would cool off already so we can go!
Glamis is fun too but for some reason, I like riding Ocotillo mo' better!
:rollside:

Squeezing Spectra
09-07-2006, 08:02 AM

unleashed
09-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Im definitly ready. I pickup my car from service today. Picked the quads and bikes up yesterday. Cleaned my trailers, the motorhome just got all new batteries...I fried them by having them plugged in to long...OUCH! Also the Sandsportssupershow.com is next weekend...whos all going. We'l have our booth setup and this year should be the biggest yet....come by and have a beer and lets talk sand and dirt season!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
Glamis/dirt/river its all good (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedclothing) :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

surfer2001
09-07-2006, 08:13 AM
anybody need a toy?
AZ street legal, comes with both sand & offroad tires

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 08:23 AM
anybody need a toy?
AZ street legal, comes with both sand & offroad tires
Give you 5K :crossx:
Looks alot better without the pink!!!

2forcefull
09-07-2006, 08:28 AM
As the leaves turn to yellow, and the sun sets earlier,
the water turns to sand'
and the props turn to paddles!!!
I'm ready for the camp fire smoke in my eyes!!

BADBLOWN572
09-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Can't wait. As much as I love summer, I alwasy look forward to riding season. :) It is just around the corner. :)

GAME TIME
09-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Can't wait. Halloween weekend will be the first trip. Usually stay between wash 3-6.

havaduner
09-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Im definitly ready. I pickup my car from service today. Picked the quads and bikes up yesterday. Cleaned my trailers, the motorhome just got all new batteries...I fried them by having them plugged in to long...OUCH! Also the Sandsportssupershow.com is next weekend...whos all going. We'l have our booth setup and this year should be the biggest yet....come by and have a beer and lets talk sand and dirt season!
Deano
Glamis/dirt/river its all good (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedclothing) :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
We'll be at the show Friday, we'll stop by.

unleashed
09-07-2006, 10:02 AM
We'll be at the show Friday, we'll stop by.
Great...see you there!
Deano
Glamis/dirt/river its all good (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedclothing) :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:[/QUOTE]

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Deano
Do we get the usual HB discount? :crossx: :D
I keep meaning to grab some stuff from you but the stars haven't alligned yet :cry: :p

bohica
09-07-2006, 10:24 AM
We're ready. Taking the moho down to Newport Dunes for the weekend of the sand show. We'll be at the show Friday to Sunday. :rollside:

unleashed
09-07-2006, 11:01 AM
I keep meaning to grab some stuff from you but the stars haven't alligned yet :cry: :p
Ofcourse...20% for all members of ***boat. You're gonna freak when you see all the new shiat...came out awesome and will be debuting at the show.
Deano
Glamis/dirt/river its all good (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedclothing) :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:[/QUOTE]

unleashed
09-07-2006, 11:02 AM
We're ready. Taking the moho down to Newport Dunes for the weekend of the sand show. We'll be at the show Friday to Sunday. :rollside:
hahahah...hey you gonna sneak in again! LOL
See you there.

Bense468
09-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I will be at the sand show. Get in from mexico friday night, and to the san show sat. See ya there.

Mrs. casean
09-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm ready! Hubby got a new bike so he's ansy! And I only rode my new one last season a few times so I'm ansy! Two more river trips to go and it's on! But not over Halloween... no thanks. We'll cruise the Rhino around at Ocotillo that weekend. Then it's Glamis most of the season... w/ a few trips to Ocotillo w/ our friends that won't go to Glamis... I'm ready!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Ok, all this desert talk has got me fired up.
Just checked and then weather in Ocotillo is 100 high and 70 low. That is totally doable for night riding! Anyone wanna go this weekend???

djunkie
09-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Who are you kidding, you aint going. :crossx: :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
09-07-2006, 12:58 PM
No Halloween for us this year. Last year was way too fricken HOT & way OVERCROWDED! Never ever in the 25 years I have been going, have I ever witnessed such chaos! Dont get me wrong, I love......Chaos....but, not with the kids ridng like us adults now! They dont just like to putt around camp on the quads anymore, they want to take off on their 65's with paddles & fly around the dunes with daddy on his bike. The quads usually sit now. :220v: Until mommy takes hers out! :rollside:
1st trip for us will be Turkey week!! :220v: Camping with the Rynobelts, Nicen Hotts, Bellababes................Possibly J540's, Thrust Productions & Glamisinfo.com! :rollside: Thats the big trip of the year! Take a day trip to Algondones Mex ....lots of fun!

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Who are you kidding, you aint going. :crossx: :crossx:
Sell that Golf cart yet Fawker? :crossx: :cry:

pixilatedpussy
09-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Ok, all this desert talk has got me fired up.
Just checked and then weather in Ocotillo is 100 high and 70 low. That is totally doable for night riding! Anyone wanna go this weekend???
Too fricken hot hunny bunny!
But the crew has been talkin about a few more Ocotillo trips this year!!!
Hoots, Phat Daddy's, DJunkie....(yep), OG, Racers, Nice N Hotts, Bellababes, & us baby!!! Cant get deeper into the crew than that! :220v: Ya ready???

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:02 PM
nope

Mrs. casean
09-07-2006, 01:03 PM
He needs to get a Rhino so he can join us on our Rhino trips to Glamis this year :crossx: :D

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Hoots, Phat Daddy's,DJunkie ....(yep), OG, Racers, Nice N Hotts, Bellababes, & us baby!!! Cant get deeper into the crew than that! :220v: Ya ready???
Do I get to share your bed with you in your rolling Castle? :crossx: :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
09-07-2006, 01:06 PM
He needs to get a Rhino so he can join us on our Rhino trips to Glamis this year :crossx: :D
I dont think he will be hitting Glamis anytime soon. :cry:

djunkie
Oh no. You too? :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
Why?
Your girlfriend sick of you peeing on her sleeping bag when you go camping? :crossx: :cry:

pixilatedpussy
Just get my husband drunk.....Its cool! Remember what he said to you....LOL! :rollside:

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 01:07 PM
nope
$100.00;)

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Why?
Your girlfriend sick of you peeing on her sleeping bad when you go camping? :crossx: :cry:
Thats the problem. My spoiled ass g/f doesn't camp. I asked her if she'd like to go to glamis and she asked me if the hotels were nice? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sun burners
09-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Last time I was out was...
last weekend!!!

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Just get my husband drunk.....Its cool! Remember what he said to you....LOL! :rollside:
Refresh my mind. I don't remember.

Cole Trickle
He will go we just need to train him to not jump Razor backs while under W.O.T!!!(Also we need to buy him a michelin man outfit)

djunkie
$100.00;)
I actually had an offer for $5k. I told they guy $5500 and he said he'd let me know. Probably should have taken the $5k and ran.

Sun burners
09-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I was out was last weekend,
It was Havasu with off road tires.

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Thats the problem. My spoiled ass g/f doesn't camp. I asked her if she'd like to go to glamis and she asked me if the hotels were nice? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Show her your Pimp hand and yell does Djunkie have to choke a Bitch!!??

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Glamis is a maybe. Dumont is a definate HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Show her your Pimp hand and yell does Djunkie have to choke a Bitch!!??
LMAO!!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
09-07-2006, 01:12 PM
He will go we just need to train him to not jump Razor backs while under W.O.T!!!(Also we need to buy him a michelin man outfit)
Not to mention a rail with SUSPENSION! :220v: Wanna go for a ride! I may be a chick but I know how to drive! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
09-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Refresh my mind. I don't remember.
I will later....IN PERSON! :p

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I will later....IN PERSON! :p
RRRROOOWOWOWWWWRRRRRRRRR :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 01:17 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:
Also you could just drive out set up your tent and point to the road and tell her the nearest Hotel is 50 miles North.
Pretty sure she will be OK with spending the night in your truck tent!!!
Now we just need to get rid of teh dogs!!!!!!!!!! :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Glamis is a maybe. Dumont is a definate HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!
:rollside: :rollside: I dont blame you....we dont really like Dumont either. But Glamis is my home away from home! ( Besides the river) :p

pixilatedpussy
09-07-2006, 01:21 PM
RRRROOOWOWOWWWWRRRRRRRRR :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

djunkie
09-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Also you could just drive out set up your tent and point to the road and tell her the nearest Hotel is 50 miles North.
Pretty sure she will be OK with spending the night in your truck tent!!!
Now we just need to get rid of teh dogs!!!!!!!!!! :crossx:
How far of a drive is it from La Quinta to Glamis?

bohica
09-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Woo Hoo, looks like I'm gonna make it out for the night ride this weekend. It's goona be so nice to rip up some smooth sand. If anyone else is headed out, keep an eye out for us, it'll be 2 Funco's and an Allstar. We'll get there Saturday around 5:00, dune all night, get a couple of hours of sleep and another ride at sunlight until it gets hot. :)

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
How far of a drive is it from La Quinta to Glamis?
That may be the gayest thing you have ever typed!!!and you have typed some pretty gay shiat!!!

djunkie
09-07-2006, 02:49 PM
That may be the gayest thing you have ever typed!!!and you have typed some pretty gay shiat!!!
We have a house in La Quinta. Go to Glamis for the day then come back and sit in the hot tub. Doesn't sound gay to me. Would you rather me sit out there and hold your hand by the campfire? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

riverroyal
09-07-2006, 03:04 PM
05 yfz450 or raptor 350,,,anyone? :rollside:

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 03:10 PM
05 yfz450 or raptor 350,,,anyone? :rollside:
I only buy Banshees
Brian

riverroyal
09-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I only buy Banshees
Brian
Rhino is much more fun

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 03:13 PM
We have a house in La Quinta. Go to Glamis for the day then come back and sit in the hot tub. Doesn't sound gay to me. Would you rather me sit out there and hold your hand by the campfire? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
I though you meant La Quinta inn.....
I take back what I said about La Quinta...Offering to hold my hand around the fire is by far the gayest thing you have ever typed!!! :argue:

djunkie
09-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I though you meant La Quinta inn.....
I take back what I said about La Quinta...Offering to hold my hand around the fire is by far the gayest thing you have ever typed!!! :argue:
But you would like it wouldn't you? FAG!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Rhino is much more fun
Rhino?
Are you kidding me?
Brian

Cole Trickle
09-07-2006, 03:19 PM
But you would like it wouldn't you? FAG!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
<----- not gay and I don't even hold my womans hand.(I like the hand tucked into her pocket thing;) :crossx: )
Can you type w/o being gay??? your turning into the new WYRD :p

riverroyal
09-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Rhino?
Are you kidding me?
Brian
last season,I started the bikes maybe once,chased my kids in the rhino all day,Im fricken 37 with a body of a 38 year old,Id rather sip a beer and sit

djunkie
09-07-2006, 03:20 PM
<----- not gay and I don't even hold my womans hand.(I like the hand tucked into her pocket thing;) :crossx: )
Can you type w/o being gay??? your turning into the new WYRD :p
You sure are running with this. I think WYRD may have gotten to you afterall. :rollside: :rollside:

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 03:30 PM
last season,I started the bikes maybe once,chased my kids in the rhino all day,Im fricken 37 with a body of a 38 year old,Id rather sip a beer and sit
Sucks to be old.
haha
Brian

bignet
09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
On the way to Vegas, between Barstow and Baker.
Isn't that Dumont Dunes?? Ultra Jay, you gotta give a shout out when you're headed out to the dirt! :crossx: It's funny cuz when my crew is at the River all we talk about is riding, and when we're riding all we talk about is the River!
LMAO
bignet

bignet
09-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Hoots, Phat Daddy's, DJunkie....(yep), OG, Racers, Nice N Hotts, Bellababes, & us baby!!! Cant get deeper into the crew than that! :220v: Ya ready???
Ocotillo's cool, but it freakin kicks my quads ass! :cry: Too many boulders and big ass rocks. There's nothing like soft sand! :rollside:

bignet
09-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Deano
bignet
Hey Deano, where is the show? Is that the one at the Pomona Fairgrounds? I'll definately go by with my lady and talk duning!

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Isn't that Dumont Dunes?? Ultra Jay, you gotta give a shout out when you're headed out to the dirt! :crossx: It's funny cuz when my crew is at the River all we talk about is riding, and when we're riding all we talk about is the River!
LMAO
bignet
Dumont is west of Baker.
Rasor Road is an exit off the 15 before you get to Baker.
Brian

bignet
09-07-2006, 09:19 PM
How's the riding?? Never been there, but have been to Stoddard Wells and of course Dumont.....I prefer the sand, but shit I'll rip up anything. :crossx:

unleashed
09-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey Deano, where is the show? Is that the one at the Pomona Fairgrounds? I'll definately go by with my lady and talk duning!
No its at the costa mesa fairgrounds next weekend.
www.sandsportssupershow.com
Deano

bignet
09-10-2006, 03:18 PM
No its at the costa mesa fairgrounds next weekend.
www.sandsportssupershow.com
Deano
Thanks for the link...I've got USC tickets all season long, so I may have to make it either Friday or Sunday.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-10-2006, 04:06 PM
How's the riding?? Never been there, but have been to Stoddard Wells and of course Dumont.....I prefer the sand, but shit I'll rip up anything. :crossx:
It's different.
Glamis proper ya can ride and ride at speed & drop into endless bowls & rollers to the border.
As good as it gets.
South Glamis Dunes Gordons Well is nice too.
A little slower travel, fewer big bowls, but really different and fun.
Thanksgiving boat/sand Forums RV run to Dumont Big Dunes this year BTW.
Nov. 22nd to the 27th.
Nice group.

unleashed
09-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Got back from Glamis last night. The dunes were fantastic...virgin sands and the riding was off the hook. Bent a rim but I fixid it up with a hammer! This is the time of year I take all my stuff out there to Storage and leave it for season. Unfortunatly my generator went out on the motorhome and I had to bring it all the way back home! :mad:
Other than that a great weekend!
Deano

ultra27jay
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
My Glamis season wont start until Holloween weekend... Its still too freekin hot out there for riding, and I cant ride at night (no lights on bike, quads are for old men and girls). We stay off Gecko Rd, usually around pad-4. We are planning a few rides into Mexico if anyone is down!!! Bring a sh.t load of cable locks and lets get trashed in the t!tty bars!!!
count me in......

ultra27jay
09-10-2006, 06:59 PM
LMAO
bignet
u got it. im bringing the rhino home next week from havi and getting the yfz450 tuned and redy to rool......

bignet
09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Got back from Glamis last night. The dunes were fantastic...virgin sands and the riding was off the hook. Bent a rim but I fixid it up with a hammer! This is the time of year I take all my stuff out there to Storage and leave it for season. Unfortunatly my generator went out on the motorhome and I had to bring it all the way back home! :mad:
Other than that a great weekend!
Deano
Damn! Man, I 'm jealous. That's a great call though Deano, checking Glamis out since it probably wasn't as hot as normal. I can't wait to get out there.
:crossx: bignet