PDA

View Full Version : Paging :Jim Rich

Hopalong
09-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Jim, Kent Treble here, remember me? I have been trying to get hold of you for about a week and I guess you have changed your numbers and contact information. The reason I have been trying to reach you was to inform you that I finally got the pump overhauled with the rebuild kit I got from you as well as the new stainless impeller, droop snoot, loader and Place diverter and finally got to test it out this last weekend before last. The good news is that I picked up 4mph but part 1 of the bad news is that my holeshot went to total shit! If I try and flat foot it from an idle or even a 5-10mph roll it just instantly blows the pump away and hits the rev limiter for about 1-2 seconds before it starts to hook up. Part 2 of the bad news is that the bowl you race ported for me has developed hairline fractures in several places on the exit side along the last couple of inches of the vanes running horizontally. I noticed it after taking off the droop and diverter to see if maybe something up in there was causing the cavitation problem. I borrowed another bowl from a buddy of mine who's boat is in pieces right now and I went back out and it instantly gained the 4mph I mentioned earlier but the holeshot was still shit. A guy at the lake who saw us working on it came over and looked at it and he said that he also has a Youngblood like mine and that the loader I got from you just has too much blocked out area in the middle and suggested that I remove most of the blocked out part. I didn't want to do this without first talking to you though. What do you think? Would you be willing to do a swap for a different loader being as mine is still brand new? If not could you possibly sell this one for me if I buy a new one from you? I finally came to check out this website but for the life of me I can't remember what you said your handle is on here so if you see this please respond or give me a call as I am desperate to try and remedy this situation and save some of the boating season. Thank you, and thanks again for the good deal on the parts, especially the stainless impeller, it's purdeeee!

lilrick
09-07-2006, 07:28 AM
where do you live? I have a couple loaders you can try.

IMPATIENT 1
09-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Is Jim Rich Squirtin Thunder?

Oldsquirt
09-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Is Jim Rich Squirtin Thunder?
Yes.
Hopalong, Jim hasn't posted here in several months. There were a few previous threads started by people who were trying(unsuccessfully) to contact him. Hopefully someone who knows him will pass along your message. I'm not so sure he is still in the pump/parts business.
As far as the loader situation goes, the best advice you will get will be from others who run the same hull as yours. Rather than buying another loader, try to borrow several and try them out. When you find one that works, either modify the one you have to match or get someone at one of the pump shops to build you one.

Hopalong
09-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks everyone. Jim aka Squirtin Thunder sent me a private message so he is still in business thank goodness.

Cas
09-07-2006, 05:30 PM
WOW Hopyourdong, I'm sure everyone really is thrilled beyond belief, knowin Squirten Bullshit Artist is still in business. That's as exciting as finding out your girlfriend has an STD. Why don't you take this spam over to 'Crooks R' Us" and post it there. Blowjob Jimmy will fit right in.
Rio
how do you really feel? :rollside:

Gearhead
09-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Hopalong... if you would like some help with a Youngblood, we have a bit of information we could share to help. You can PM myself or e-mail from the Youngblood website.
Later,
Gearhead

steelcomp
09-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Part 2 of the bad news is that the bowl you race ported for me has developed hairline fractures in several places on the exit side along the last couple of inches of the vanes running horizontally. Can you post some pics of these cracks? I've never heard of a bowl cracking along the vanes...would like to learn something here if possible.

steelcomp
09-09-2006, 02:16 PM
WOW Hopyourdong, I'm sure everyone really is thrilled beyond belief, knowin Squirten Bullshit Artist is still in business. That's as exciting as finding out your girlfriend has an STD. Why don't you take this spam over to 'Crooks R' Us" and post it there. Blowjob Jimmy will fit right in.
RioSorry to hear about your girlfriend, Rio...hope you didn't catch that.