PDA

View Full Version : "NEW" mini sandbar

cap'n chuy
09-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I heard there is another sandbar to go to. Where is it? North of the big sandbar?

Throttle
09-06-2006, 10:44 PM
mmmmmm, could it be at devils elbo? :cry:

Wake Havasu
09-06-2006, 10:54 PM
I heard there is another sandbar to go to. Where is it? North of the big sandbar?
South of the regular sand bar on the west (CA) side.

Havasu1986
09-06-2006, 10:55 PM
I heard it was crowed at Devils Elbow over labor day. But LE was there also.

cap'n chuy
09-06-2006, 10:57 PM
like half way south of the regular sandbar to the opening of lake havasu?

cap'n chuy
09-06-2006, 10:59 PM
i dont know devils elbow. :rolleyes:

Havasu1986
09-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Devils Elbow is No. of the sand bar where the high rock walls are. The mini sand bar is south of the sand bar near the lake opening.

Throttle
09-06-2006, 11:04 PM
i dont know devils elbow. :rolleyes:
devils elbo is north of sandbar... the mini sandbar is south of sandbar too, however when you asked about a "new" location... a few of us have been joking about the new no wake zone through devils elbo and how it would be attracting peeps to drop anchor, hang out and enjoy the sights! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes there is a sandbar just north of the MAIN sandbar on the cali side... To find it just look for the bouy signs to an entrance of a bigger opening, very small... it is a very nice place with a ledge
What I find odd is how many people came close to us while we were there standing in knee high water.... What do you think should have been a clue it was shallow, 4 people standing in knee high water, Duh
and by the way,the water was higher than normal...

Havasu1986
09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Is that across from the big rock on the Az side.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Is that across from the big rock on the Az side.
It is about 1/4 north of that, not the sectioned off little island...

Havasu1986
09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Seen it but never stopped there.

Kilrtoy
09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Seen it but never stopped there.
today most people drive very close to it...
It is just a matter of time when the water level is low that someone will crash there

cap'n chuy
09-06-2006, 11:19 PM
why do they close the big sandbar on holiday weekends?is it really cuz of gang activity? you would think if they have a problem they would post a couple of rangers to watch out instead of checking for noise.

Kachina26
09-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Devils Elbow could definately be a cool spot to chill. There is a shallow area on the cali side. I've hung out there a few times before, now that it's no wake.........
Yeah, LE has this one figured out really well. :skull:

No Name
09-07-2006, 01:05 AM
why do they close the big sandbar on holiday weekends?is it really cuz of gang activity? you would think if they have a problem they would post a couple of rangers to watch out instead of checking for noise.
This right here is why…….it will take more then a couple of rangers to keep this mess under control. :D
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16435&stc=1

cap'n chuy
09-07-2006, 01:20 AM
OMG, okay so all those people are there and the sand bar is closed and where do they go? they gotta go somewhere.......where? :cry:

cap'n chuy
09-07-2006, 01:21 AM
jeez..... i still cant get over that pic of the sandbar!!!!!!!!!

catman-do
09-07-2006, 07:24 AM
and to think when that pic was taken copper looked like a mess at the same time!!! now people migrate to all sorts of different places, mini, steamboat, park mohave (my fav), and other bodies of water besides havasu. I think since Havasu has gotten so strict and gas prices are high alot of people have been going to mission bay (san diego) the last couple years.

SummitKarl
09-07-2006, 07:48 AM
and to think when that pic was taken copper looked like a mess at the same time!!! now people migrate to all sorts of different places, mini, steamboat, park mohave (my fav), and other bodies of water besides havasu. I think since Havasu has gotten so strict and gas prices are high alot of people have been going to mission bay (san diego) the last couple years.
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! BAD water :yuk: made my insides sick 10yrs ago, I cant' imagine how bad it is now, it use to be nice in the 70's/80's, a buddy of mine had a wood boat :rolleyes: at the Sea World Marina so we got to spend a few hours a month scraping the bottom. :yuk: :yuk:
but I do have a few good memories from........OVER THE LINE :) :)

tcook33
09-07-2006, 09:23 AM
park mohave (my fav)
Wheres Park MoHAVE?

Goad
09-07-2006, 10:11 AM
gang activity? are you kidding me?
i'll admit, i have only been to havasu once this summer and before that was when i was like 16 (12 years ago)...and pretty much grew up there through my whole childhood.....I remember when copper canyon was a cool place to chill out - now i hear rumors of it being closed because someone got shot?!
now - you would think that going to the sand bar up north would be a safer bet, but after i see countless comercials on TV for Girls Gone Wild being filmed at the sand bars and copper canyon - I can only imagine how crazy it gets (drunk naked girlfriend being video taped + drunk jealous boyfriend with a gun = disaster)
but gangs? are you serious? or are you using the term losely as if they are just gun packing thugs? and since when can such ignorance afford boats?
dont get me wrong. I am all about having a good time...drink some beers, see some tits and ass, and catch some rays.....but what drives anyone to think "i need to bring my gun just in case shit goes down!"

Havasu1986
09-07-2006, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=Goad]
but gangs? are you serious? or are you using the term losely as if they are just gun packing thugs? and since when can such ignorance afford boats?
They rent pontoon boats and head for the sandbar

unleashed
09-07-2006, 11:10 AM
There were a shitload of hardcore gangbangers at the mini sandbar Saturday. Some big dude got jumped and got his ass beat....it was sad to watch. Another guy was about to get jumped but a few of us intervened or it would have been a slaughter. I might end up dead one day but someone has to stand up for the lone individual.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Not So Fast
09-07-2006, 11:13 AM
There were a shitload of hardcore gangbangers at the mini sandbar Saturday. Some big dude got jumped and got his ass beat....it was sad to watch. Another guy was about to get jumped but a few of us intervened or it would have been a slaughter. I might end up dead one day but someone has to stand up for the lone individual.
Deano
Good for you, we need more like you. NSF

unleashed
09-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Good for you, we need more like you. NSF
I dont want to come off as a tough guy or anything like that. I just dont want to see anyone killed. If gangbangers get the messege people at the river wont tolerate there bullshiat than perhaps they'll start staying home or find some other place to cause problems. I always find it best to try to reason with people and for the most part it works. Another solution is to start pulling the focks over and citing them for whatever you can find. I hate seeing the mom and pops being pulled over for silly infractions while the gangbangers get away with bullshiat.
Deano

Tremor Therapy
09-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I couldn't agree more with you Deano! We had a similar situation like that happen at RRX 3 a couple years back. I think if more like minded individuals banded together when this crap goes down that we might be able to chase them off.

HavasuSelect
09-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Deano
What time did all this happen? I was there til about 3 and didn't see it.

No Name
09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Deano
Good man Deano. :)

unleashed
09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
What time did all this happen? I was there til about 3 and didn't see it.
I'd say around 4pm. Im curious how the big dude faired as he was rocked from all angles. Sad situation. Hope he's ok. I didnt come to his aid as it was basically over before I could get to the other end of the sandbar. He had a boatload full of freinds that pulled him up on the boat...than they took off.
Deano

OutCole'd
09-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I'd say around 4pm. Im curious how the big dude faired as he was rocked from all angles. Sad situation. Hope he's ok. I didnt come to his aid as it was basically over before I could get to the other end of the sandbar. He had a boatload full of freinds that pulled him up on the boat...than they took off.
Deano
Sad deal. That is not what I go to the river for. Glad to hear you & your friends were able to help #2.

HavasuSelect
09-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Deano
Hmmm.....I think I hav an idea of the guys you're talking about. There were some pretty shady people there. That's too bad stuff like that happens. It's things like that that get priviliges like the Sandbar taken away from us.

Mrs.Killer
09-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes there is a sandbar just north of the MAIN sandbar on the cali side... To find it just look for the bouy signs to an entrance of a bigger opening, very small... it is a very nice place with a ledge
What I find odd is how many people came close to us while we were there standing in knee high water.... What do you think should have been a clue it was shallow, 4 people standing in knee high water, Duh
Shut up big mouth, thats our secret spot....

Throttle
09-07-2006, 12:49 PM
not anymore honey, :rollside:

No Name
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
That’s what I was thinking. :D

Mrs.Killer
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Really huh??

dicudmore
09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
if its any consolation I still don't know the "secret" spot so next time I'll just follow the Kilrs up there :cool:

Mrs.Killer
09-07-2006, 12:56 PM
if its any consolation I still don't know the "secret" spot so next time I'll just follow the Kilrs up there :cool:
Do you even use your boat anymore??

dicudmore
09-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Do you even use your boat anymore??
weekend before last it was out...
last weekend was in Utah, Utah again this weekend :220v:
One of these days I will get back down there and get to use it again. lol its hard when you have to pay people to come out and ride with you :cry:

Debbolas
09-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Is that Disneyland?

beaverretriever
09-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I went to sandbar on 4th of July about 6-7 yrs ago and there was stabbing. I think that is when they decided to shut it down.
I have to admit it was probably one of the craziest weeks of my life.

Biglue
09-07-2006, 01:25 PM
weekend before last it was out...
last weekend was in Utah, Utah again this weekend :220v:
One of these days I will get back down there and get to use it again. lol its hard when you have to pay people to come out and ride with you :cry:
I'm for hire. :D
How's it going Dan?

dicudmore
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm for hire. :D
How's it going Dan?
going good except that I'm in Utah not Havi :220v:
let me know, you're welcome for a ride anytime :cool:

Biglue
09-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Deano
Big Kudos to you Deano. It bothers me to see that shit too. I dont drive a few ours away to see the shit I see in LA. I wish those dumbasses would grow up or at the very least leave their bullshit behind when at the river.

Havasu1986
09-07-2006, 02:12 PM
There's another little secret spot about a 1/2 mile up. It's across from where the canoes stop to look at the indian rock designs. It has a buoy there and the opening is about the width of your boat. It opens up into a small lagoon behind the reeds. You can hear the boats go by, you can't see them and thy can't see you.

phebus
09-07-2006, 02:21 PM
We call that cove "Porky's" :D :lightsabe

me4drvr
09-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I went to sandbar on 4th of July about 6-7 yrs ago and there was stabbing. I think that is when they decided to shut it down.
I have to admit it was probably one of the craziest weeks of my life.
That's exactly when they shut it down, the year after that incident. It was the weekend Ron Jeremy and a couple other B celebs were out there and the sandbar was just out of control. That was probably also the first year that I noticed the "thug" element coming into the river scene. That was a crazy week cuz I still remember it.... ahhh the good old days :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-07-2006, 07:24 PM
There were a shit load of gangbangers in havasu this weekend, The most I have seen to date...
Sure wish the LE would deal with these assholes instead of the falling out boobs....
and these guys and vehicles are not hard to find at all

hallett21
09-07-2006, 07:30 PM
South of the regular sand bar on the west (CA) side.
agreed u know wats funny though is how the cops keep chasing people around, kicking them outta sandbar and jump rock but wen will they learn that they shouldve kept everyone at copper canyon where everyones contained

beaverretriever
09-07-2006, 07:53 PM
That's exactly when they shut it down, the year after that incident. It was the weekend Ron Jeremy and a couple other B celebs were out there and the sandbar was just out of control. That was probably also the first year that I noticed the "thug" element coming into the river scene. That was a crazy week cuz I still remember it.... ahhh the good old days :rollside:
Yeah, it was some of the craziest stuff I have ever seen. I didnt realize how naive I was till that weekend.
There were girls on every other boat putting beer bottles where the sun dont shine (among other things), chicks giving oral to men, other women.
Im really suprised I didnt catch a disease that weekend....LOL

Wake Havasu
09-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I dont want to come off as a tough guy or anything like that. I just dont want to see anyone killed. If gangbangers get the messege people at the river wont tolerate there bullshiat than perhaps they'll start staying home or find some other place to cause problems. I always find it best to try to reason with people and for the most part it works. Another solution is to start pulling the focks over and citing them for whatever you can find. I hate seeing the mom and pops being pulled over for silly infractions while the gangbangers get away with bullshiat.
Deano
Were they White, Black or Mexican or Asian gangbangers?

Huckleberry
09-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Another solution is to start pulling the focks over and citing them for whatever you can find. I hate seeing the mom and pops being pulled over for silly infractions while the gangbangers get away with bullshiat.
This is what needs to happen right here. LEO's need to start targeting these fooks and citing or arresting them for every and anything! The word will get out real soon they are not welcome and move on to the next area they want to screw up.

unleashed
09-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Were they White, Black or Mexican or Asian gangbangers?
When I say gangbangers...we all know there are all types, whites, blacks, mexican, Asian...well ok I never see asian gangbangers at the river...LOL These dudes were straight tatted up Jailhouse latino gangbangers. No hiding where they were from or anything. Ofcourse the police were busy giving out no mooring tickets so they didnt notice all 100 of them! :rolleyes:
Deano

Throttle
09-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Is that Disneyland?
no, disneyland is on the az side.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
09-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I have been thinking twice about buying a home in havi because the city/police are so backwards. Last time i was up, i got a noise ticket (with my outboard), meanwhile we had out shit broken into up at the house. Seems as if they need to get there priorities straight. Target the trouble makers, and beef up patrols on land. Peoples boats and trucks are being broken into because all the coppers are writing senceless tickets on the water!

Wake Havasu
09-07-2006, 09:01 PM
When I say gangbangers...we all know there are all types, whites, blacks, mexican, Asian...well ok I never see asian gangbangers at the river...LOL These dudes were straight tatted up Jailhouse latino gangbangers. No hiding where they were from or anything. Ofcourse the police were busy giving out no mooring tickets so they didnt notice all 100 of them! :rolleyes:
Deano
Please don’t misunderstand my question as being accusatory.
I’m just trying to get a feel for the lay of the land.
Were they MS-13?

Old Man Havasu
09-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Deano
Probably the group I saw next to Bradley Ford on Industrial Saturday about 10 AM. Lots of wife beaters/gray shorts and white socks beers in hand on the street. Two rental pontoons pulled up and they piled on. Headed for the mini sandbar??? :mad: :mad::mad:
It takes a group to confront this bunch because it won't be one on one if your alone. Havasu Posse??
Peace

Kilrtoy
09-07-2006, 11:04 PM
I had the unforuante pleasure of seeing these groups
ms,18, san gras, puente,(I THINK BIG NET WAS IN THERE SOMEWHERE J/K), ofcourse they were all in packs of 10...
Hel,l as I was leaving the channel on friday, I saw about 30(island side) of them all drinking smoking weed(you could smell the shit big time), causing a big scene
of course the PD had a mom and pops with their kids pulled over .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

phebus
09-08-2006, 06:10 AM
We were in the channel on Tuesday, and a rental pontoon with gang bangers on it came flying down the channel, pulled up near the Channel Island Market, and hit another boat. That was the end of the line for them, as they were swarmed by LE, and two of them were arrested. One of them had "Santa Monica" tattooed on the back of his head.
Justice, and something tells me they will never be back.

SHOTKALLIN
09-08-2006, 07:38 AM
First they ruined the Santa Monica Pier, now Havasu. Sad.

SHOTKALLIN
09-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Maybe Lake Havasu P.D. does not know what a gang member looks like? Maybe they need some gang training seminar where they can learn. Just a thought. :rolleyes: Besides the family with kids will pay their ticket = revanue for the city. they are trying to build a new bridge you know.
:idea:

KREGER
09-08-2006, 08:02 AM
devils elbo is north of sandbar... the mini sandbar is south of sandbar too, however when you asked about a "new" location... a few of us have been joking about the new no wake zone through devils elbo and how it would be attracting peeps to drop anchor, hang out and enjoy the sights! :rollside:
Throttle that is so funny you say that. We were calling it the new channel. Less authority on hand to keep it under control. It will soon be called The Devil's Naked Valley! :idea:

cap'n chuy
09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
devils elbo here i come !!!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Throttle that is so funny you say that. We were calling it the new channel. Less authority on hand to keep it under control. It will soon be called The Devil's Naked Valley! :idea:
Like that is gonna happen, the fish cops live there

Kilrtoy
09-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe Lake Havasu P.D. does not know what a gang member looks like? Maybe they need some gang training seminar where they can learn. Just a thought. :rolleyes: Besides the family with kids will pay their ticket = revanue for the city. they are trying to build a new bridge you know.
:idea:
I can help with that nothing like a tour in S.C. but i better put plastic on the seats for when they pee on themselves