PDA

View Full Version : Mr V-Driver

Rexone
09-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Mr Vdriver thank you for the multiple recommendations since I asked you to stop the promotional posts in the Rudy thread. I mean the thank you sincerely.
However that being said, I'm going to attempt to state the purpose of at least this forum and I'm sure it applies to others as well. That purpose is for discussion of vdrive related topics, experiences, events, and basically all things related to vdrives. It is an information exchange forum for the mutual benefit of all members. My purpose as moderator here is to regulate that content in the most unobtrusive way possible, keep things on topic etc. And to hold everyone to the same standards to the best of my ability, time considered. We moderate as volunteers so sometimes things don't get handled timely or get missed altogether.
What the forum isn't is a platform for self promotion or for anyone to promote their dealers excessively, me or anyone else. That's not what the forum is about nor what the readers come here for. We (manufacturers and those in the industry) buy advertising in magazines, banner ads on forums, etc to serve that purpose (and rightly so as this website costs money to operate and is provided free for users). While an occasional plug or recommendation is certainly acceptable, overwhelming self promotion isn't generally well received by forum readers. We do have a spam forum for those who want to sell and promote their stuff. But we don't do it in vdrive or any of the tech forums. Forum readers don't come here to read our posts about how great we are and how our shit smells so much better than our competitors.
Rex Marine has approximately 400 active dealers, OE's, etc. I can't imagine 399 of them appreciating me plugging the 400th one (or myself) continually over them. I'm not posting this to reprimand you as the moderator here or to offend you, but to hopefully educate you just a little on forum ettiquite and what most people come here for. I'm sure many appreciate the fact that several of us in the industry have chosen to participate on various forums. I also believe that appreciation stems from genuine help we offer solving problems, offering solutions, providing info, etc, while at the same time not coming across in a self promoting way in every post we make. I promote Rex Marine with paid banners and in sig links which are allowed here but thats about it unless someone asks for information on something we sell or make.
I appreciate the fact you've chosen to refrain from further promo it in the Rudy thread. My only hope is that you don't overdue it in other threads. It just isn't what people want to read post after post. Everyone here knows you make Casale vdrives and everyone here knows Rex Marine is a dealer for you and a lot of other stuff as well as a manufacturer of many things. We don't need to ram it down their throats with every thread.
:)

Mr. V-Driver
09-07-2006, 07:05 AM
K,.....
There are 2 sides to every coin. As much as some don't like it, I get numerous calls from all over the World(Yesterday-Tennessee, Texas, Penn, Sweden and even a Mate down under) that people appreciate it very much!
Some tell me that they only like to read what Mr. V-Driver has to say, and don't pay much attention to the other threads.
If they see my name or logo they immediately click on!
I think your website benefits from me being here!!! Maybe you should create a column called "Ask Casale". That might take care of everything!!!
Although some may think I'm spam'n, I'm always explaining some type of part, or giving knowledge to those that don't know or have never owned a V-Drive before. My logo In the Avitar is who I am, I'm 3rd generation Casale and Proud of it!!! Thatz just my logo, does it mean I'm advertising everytime I answer a thread??? I think others do the same! I've never LIED, only stated TRUE facts about V-Drives or People that have used them and the relationship between us. I'm always trying to help the V-Drive boater, never miss-lead them. You should be very proud to still be one of our dealers as we have cut a lot of them off! Some don't know where to get parts or how to pay for them, So I try to offer the best solution at the time given.
It was Several of your subscribers that told me to come aboard here, that many could benefit from my expertise in the field. If it weren't for them I'd of stayed only at Donz site and never contributed anything to this forum or ***boat Website!!! I hope you understand where I'm coming from, Regards, Mitch Casale

lucky
09-07-2006, 07:12 AM
K,.....
There are 2 sides to every coin. As much as some don't like it, I get numerous calls from all over the World(Yesterday-Tennessee, Texas, Penn, Sweden and even a Mate down under) that people appreciate it very much!
Some tell me that they only like to read what Mr. V-Driver has to say, and don't pay much attention to the other threads.
If they see my name or logo they immediately click on!
I think your website benefits from me being here!!! Maybe you should create a column called "Ask Casale". That might take care of everything!!!
Although some may think I'm spam'n, I'm always explaining some type of part, or giving knowledge to those that don't know or have never owned a V-Drive before. My logo In the Avitar is who I am, I'm 3rd generation Casale and Proud of it!!! Thatz just my logo, does it mean I'm advertising everytime I answer a thread??? I think others do the same! I've never LIED, only stated TRUE facts about V-Drives or People that have used them and the relationship between us. I'm always trying to help the V-Drive boater, never miss-lead them. You should be very proud to still be one of our dealers as we have cut a lot of them off! Some don't know where to get parts or how to pay for them, So I try to offer the best solution at the time given.
It was Several of your subscribers that told me to come aboard here, that many could benefit from my expertise in the field. If it weren't for them I'd of stayed only at Donz site and never contributed anything to this forum or ***boat Website!!! I hope you understand where I'm coming from, Regards, Mitch Casale
Ya when i called last year and wanted some bushings for a c -500 you treated me like i was wasting your time -- maybe if you didn't fock off as much on the puter - you could have more time for customer relations - any ways - I would just like you to think about this --- do you enjoy a bad rash ?

dmontzsta
09-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Ya when i called last year and wanted some bushings for a c -500 you treated me like i was wasting your time -- maybe if you didn't fock off as much on the puter - you could have more time for customer relations - any ways - I would just like you to think about this --- do you enjoy a bad rash ?
Not trying to stick up for Casale here. When I called a few years back, I was looking for a detent ball and spring, (very small stuff). I am not sure who I spoke with, but I was shocked that they sent it out that same day, or the day after, it was only $30 or so. All this after hearing about how they only deal with the big guys, it made me happy. :)
Maybe you caught him on a bad day lucky! He might have been busy online too, you know when you are typing away and someone is trying to talk to you? My wife and son do that to me from time to time, I kind of blank them out. :D

Mr. V-Driver
09-07-2006, 07:43 AM
You obviously didn't talk to me!!!!! I'm Christian, college educated and was raised with manners. I never and I mean Never treat anybody like you say!!! I respect people that respect me and I do the the same in return!!!
The use of swear words doesn't accomplish anything, only shows How you are!
Maybe you got my pops, he's a little harsh sometimes, but definately knows his stuff. Anybody that has been dealing with us for a long time, knows how my pop's is. Haven't you seen Orange County Chopper??? Grouchy and Crabby, Father and son going at it, similar to our place sometimes.
This was Stated by a customer Willie Lawerence-"Andy Casale-I've never met a more honest man in my whole life!"
I was skeptic about joining this site, because of the Negative attention that I may get, but was encouraged by Nice customers to be here!!!
I guess you can't win them all!!!

lucky
09-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm not sure whom i talked to Donald , But I wasn't happy - Mr. V drive i apologize for the post - but it is how i think of Casale now - maybe next time i deal with them It will be more pleasant! any ways - sorry -

superdave013
09-07-2006, 08:06 AM
K,.....
Maybe you should create a column called "Ask Casale". That might take care of everything!!!
That would be better then doing it in Rudy's thread.
Really though in how to forum Billy B started a thread about paint questions. I would think you could do the same thing for v drives. I'd think if you kept it informative and contained in that thread it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Mr. V-Driver
09-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Apoligy accepted!!! You can always e-mail us directly to: Casale1vdrive@msn.com and it might serve your purposes better.
I'm here working 12hr days 7-7pm., Designing, and pumping out parts. I try to get to the boards in the morning so I can answer as many ??? as I can.
Everyday is a Hectic day here, but we try to do the best as humanly possible!
We take care of everybody, the small fish in the sea as well as the big one's!
It doesn't matter what your bank account says, it matters what you say!!!

Mr. V-Driver
09-07-2006, 08:28 AM
That would be better then doing it in Rudy's thread.
Really though in how to forum Billy B started a thread about paint questions. I would think you could do the same thing for v drives. I'd think if you kept it informative and contained in that thread it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Wait,.......Isn't this the V-Drive section????? And,... all I said in Rudy's thread was about the boat "The Hot Rod Special" that Rudy's dad made the cases for stated by someone else, Not me!!! As a matter of fact, I received several phone calls regaurding that thread, the cases, Rudy, and the boat. They told me how Neat it was, that they enjoyed the info very, very much!!!
Now I know how tuff it is to be "The Real Slim Shady"!!!!!
I'm with ya Marshall!!!!!

InKahntrol
09-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Mr Vdriver thank you for the multiple recommendations since I asked you to stop the promotional posts in the Rudy thread. I mean the thank you sincerely.
However that being said, I'm going to attempt to state the purpose of at least this forum and I'm sure it applies to others as well. That purpose is for discussion of vdrive related topics, experiences, events, and basically all things related to vdrives. It is an information exchange forum for the mutual benefit of all members. My purpose as moderator here is to regulate that content in the most unobtrusive way possible, keep things on topic etc. And to hold everyone to the same standards to the best of my ability, time considered. We moderate as volunteers so sometimes things don't get handled timely or get missed altogether.
What the forum isn't is a platform for self promotion or for anyone to promote their dealers excessively, me or anyone else. That's not what the forum is about nor what the readers come here for. We (manufacturers and those in the industry) buy advertising in magazines, banner ads on forums, etc to serve that purpose (and rightly so as this website costs money to operate and is provided free for users). While an occasional plug or recommendation is certainly acceptable, overwhelming self promotion isn't generally well received by forum readers. We do have a spam forum for those who want to sell and promote their stuff. But we don't do it in vdrive or any of the tech forums. Forum readers don't come here to read our posts about how great we are and how our shit smells so much better than our competitors.
Rex Marine has approximately 400 active dealers, OE's, etc. I can't imagine 399 of them appreciating me plugging the 400th one (or myself) continually over them. I'm not posting this to reprimand you as the moderator here or to offend you, but to hopefully educate you just a little on forum ettiquite and what most people come here for. I'm sure many appreciate the fact that several of us in the industry have chosen to participate on various forums. I also believe that appreciation stems from genuine help we offer solving problems, offering solutions, providing info, etc, while at the same time not coming across in a self promoting way in every post we make. I promote Rex Marine with paid banners and in sig links which are allowed here but thats about it unless someone asks for information on something we sell or make.
I appreciate the fact you've chosen to refrain from further promo it in the Rudy thread. My only hope is that you don't overdue it in other threads. It just isn't what people want to read post after post. Everyone here knows you make Casale vdrives and everyone here knows Rex Marine is a dealer for you and a lot of other stuff as well as a manufacturer of many things. We don't need to ram it down their throats with every thread.
Well said Mike, well said.
I work in advertising for a living, and I can tell you... ramming a message down people's throats only serves to turn them off. Follow that up with fake "jive" talk in a memorial thread about a recently departed legend, and it doesn't leave a good taste in people's mouths. Perhaps a "v-drive questions" thread in the "how-to" section would be the right way to go...
Dan

AzMandella
09-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Wait,.......Isn't this the V-Drive section????? And,... all I said in Rudy's thread was about the boat "The Hot Rod Special" that Rudy's dad made the cases for stated by someone else, Not me!!! As a matter of fact, I received several phone calls regaurding that thread, the cases, Rudy, and the boat. They told me how Neat it was, that they enjoyed the info very, very much!!!
Now I know how tuff it is to be "The Real Slim Shady"!!!!!
I'm with ya Marshall!!!!!
Yes it is the V-drive section.A section where people ask questions about their boats and others respond with answers in order to help them out.Mabey you should listen to Rexone a little bit.Or better yet mabey you should read his posts.He answers peoples questions without self promoting himself and hijacking their threads.That's all you do.Just about everyone knows they can get parts for their Casale V-drive from Casale.We don't need you chiming in and taking over peoples thread because it makes you feel better about yourself and help's stroke your ego that you are the allmighty Andy Casale.If you havn't noticed there is a SPAM section just for this kind of stuff.
P.S. Your attitude is exactly why I bought my whirlaway from JJ Beaverfab.He doesn't come on here and stroke his ego telling everyone that his product is the only one and everybody else's is inferior.The only thing you have that can't be purchased elswhere are gears.There are plenty of other people who make cases shafts,whirlaways that every bit as good as yours.You might want to listen to what we are saying before you get tossed off the board's here.They don't put up with the shit like AzDon's.

AzMandella
09-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Well said Mike, well said.
I work in advertising for a living, and I can tell you... ramming a message down people's throats only serves to turn them off. Follow that up with fake "jive" talk in a memorial thread about a recently departed legend, and it doesn't leave a good taste in people's mouths. Perhaps a "v-drive questions" thread in the "how-to" section would be the right way to go...
Dan
Very well said.But I don't think he will listen.I'm still waiting to hear that he showed up to Rudy's funeral with a stand to sell parts and shirts.He has no respect for others.

Mr. V-Driver
09-07-2006, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=AzMandella] it makes you feel better about yourself and help's stroke your ego that you are the allmighty Andy Casale.
Wrong!!!! Thatz my pop, I'm Mitch Casale! Please get it correct!!!
Slander, where's the moderater now!!!!! Is court in session???
Swear words only tell us how you are!!! Not appropriate!!!
Should be stricken from the boards!!!
And, about Rudy's funeral, enough is enough, give it a rest!!!
My dad Andy,will probably in fact be asked to speak about Rudy as they are both legends in "The Hot Boat Hall of Fame" and Friends for many years!!!
Please don't be rude as this is a time of mourning and no one should cause any problems there!!!
Next>>>

BADAXE
09-07-2006, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=AzMandella] it makes you feel better about yourself and help's stroke your ego that you are the allmighty Andy Casale.
My dad Andy,will probably in fact be asked to speak about Rudy as they are both legends in "The Hot Boat Hall of Fame" and Friends for many years!!!
Please don't be rude as this is a time of mourning and no one should cause any problems there!!!
Next>>>
Does your Daddy know that you're driving his good name into the ground on the internet?
I'll give you a tip......"Silence is Golden".

Mr. V-Driver
09-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I was WARNED, about all you guys!!!! Man, I should of listened!!!!
Try to help, and get shot down!!! That's why None of the famous don't respond to public forums! The media, Paparazzi, and others are just so Jealous, always trying to point out flaws, when they wish they were them!!!
We'll, You guys can now through yourself a Party!!!! I'm out of here!!!
You can Thank Yourself for Blowing it for all the True guys out there that really need my help! Give yourself a big pat on the back!!!!

beerjet
09-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Maybe if you use more smilies in your posts you would come off less like an @$$ :eek: :D
See that . Alot less offensive.
-beerjet-

BIGAMIST
09-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Try to help, and get shot down!!! That's why None of the famous don't respond to public forums! The media, Paparazzi, and others are just so Jealous, always trying to point out flaws, when they wish they were them!!!
You can Thank Yourself for Blowing it for all the True guys out there that really need my help! Give yourself a big pat on the back!!!!
:idea: Full of yourself?? :rolleyes:

Jetboatguru
09-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey Mitch,
Take this for what it is worth. I personally know your dad and your brother Drew and I have a good relationship with them. They are good people and are the best at what they do. It is no secret that Casale V-drives are THE VDRIVE to have that is a given. When I first stated learning about V drive boats back in 1990 I thought that boats were actually built around a CASALE because that was the only Vdrive I ever saw. There were no other V drives in any boats I saw. We have one in our TAF that is currently the Worlds Quickest TAF @6.45 and never had a failure. That being said, Dude you are completely alienating yourself and your family's business by all this shameless spam and self serving rhetoric. Then after being sternly warned by Rexone, you start spamming his company like a madman. Take chill and let the accolades that your company has earned come to you.
Tony Scarlata

AzMandella
09-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Next>>>
Sorry to mix up you and your father.But the statement stands.If you cannot get it through your head the difference between answering a question and SPAMing then your not very bright.And as far as defamation of character goes I doubt that saying someone likes to stroke their ego even comes close.But mabey your lawyer is as bright as you are.
Mitch.
I in no way have any hatred towards you or your family company.Casale is and almost always has been the way to go when putting a v-drive in.But this is exactly why you were warned about coming on here because we don't like people constantly posting self serving answers to our questions.And you have a way of turning it into a Casale advertisment.I'm sure that your technical knowledge and experience is more than welcome here as long as you do it without SPAMing.

InKahntrol
09-07-2006, 12:29 PM
That's why None of the famous don't respond to public forums! The media, Paparazzi, and others are just so Jealous, always trying to point out flaws, when they wish they were them!!!
Um... wow. :messedup:

Rexone
09-07-2006, 01:17 PM
My logo In the Avitar is who I am, I'm 3rd generation Casale and Proud of it!!! Thatz just my logo, does it mean I'm advertising everytime I answer a thread??? I think others do the same! I've never LIED, only stated TRUE facts about V-Drives or People that have used them and the relationship between us. I'm always trying to help the V-Drive boater, never miss-lead them.
Nowhere did I imply that your logo was a problem and yes it is certainly allowed. I also never implied that you had lied. Not sure where you come up with this stuff. The self promotional spammish language "in your posts" is what my post was referring to. It doesn't come across well to readers and certainly was inappropriate in the Rudy thread.
You should be very proud to still be one of our dealers as we have cut a lot of them off!
Mitch if that's a veiled threat of some kind you're barking at the wrong guy because I don't respond well to threats from vendors. We enjoy handling your parts but certainly not enough to need to deal with threats of being cut off if I don't handle things a certain way on this forum. ***boat has rules and they will be followed. Everyone is treated the same here. I'll leave it at that.
On the idea of an "ask Casale" thread you're welcome to start one. If it gets significant interest we can pin it at the top just as we did in the how to forum with Billy B's paint thread. However if one is started the same spam rules apply as elsewhere on the forum.

olbiezer
09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
mitch talking bad to rex is like talking bad to a cop........even if u are right u end up wrong.(and u are wrong so that being said) rex does a good job for free on here and u arent going to win so take your broken ego back to don's site and spam away over there....... :argue:

dmontzsta
09-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I am going to have to agree with Tony on this one. Casale V-Drives are the only ones you see in boats. If someone has a Hallcraft or any other brand, you can bet it is on their list to upgrade to a split case Casale in the future.
Casale V-Drives do not need any advertising, what other competitor is there? Sure there are guys who sell parts and work on them, but that is just business. There will always be some form of competition.
Nobody is trying to run Casale off the boards, it is nice to have them on board. This site has grown a bunch and there is tons of knowledge on board.

echo
09-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Well,one thing for sure,if you have been into boats along time.Casale = Icon

old rigger
09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
God, you have to love Rexone. On one hand he's telling Mr V-Driver this forum isn't a platform for self promotion and then in the next paragraph he manages to promote and spam his own company yet again.
Mike I've said it before, you are the biggest hypocrite on the boards. You endlessly spam your company as well as cross over to other forums to sling shit that's not forum related.
I hope Mr. V driver can see through your crap and come back on the boards, I for one would love to read what he, and his dad, have to say. Of course that would be spam free, just like your posts right? :)

sawtooth
09-07-2006, 05:37 PM
WOW, and all this time I thought that if you wanted drama you had to go over to the Sandbar Forum. RexMar has always given me STAR service and so has Casale so they are both all right in my book........this is not ment as Spam, only my opinion, Officer :)

Rexone
09-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Mike I've said it before, you are the biggest hypocrite on the boards. You endlessly spam your company as well as cross over to other forums to sling shit that's not forum related.
I hope Mr. V driver can see through your crap
You lost me on that ORigger but everyone has a right to his opinion. I rarely spam anything unless someone is asking a question and I can help them with a Rex Marine related solution. You don't see me starting spam threads or promoting anything Rex related in the majority of my posts.
It's obvious you have a problem with me since I called out the flake ex-employee in the jet section a couple mo ago for not paying his f'in bill. He deserved it and is an ass and you have no idea of the background on that issue to critisize me for doing it. I take your opinion with a grain of salt. Can't please everyone.
btw I never suggested Mr V-driver should leave the boards, in fact my post was to help him stay in that regard. If he leaves that's his choice.

old rigger
09-07-2006, 06:24 PM
It's obvious you have a problem with me since I called out the flake ex-employee in the jet section a couple mo ago for not paying his f'in bill. He deserved it and is an ass and you have no idea of the background on that issue to critisize me for doing it. I take your opinion with a grain of salt. Can't please everyone.
Your comments had nothing to do with jets, it didn't belong in that forum, you'd be the first one to bounce something like that from the v-drive section, yet you find it perfectly OK to do it. I never said I had a problem with you calling the guy out, but that there are other forums for that, that's all I ever said.
By the way, I don't give a shit one way or the other how you take my opinion. :)

Rexone
09-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Your comments had nothing to do with jets, it didn't belong in that forum, you'd be the first one to bounce something like that from the v-drive section, yet you find it perfectly OK to do it. I never said I had a problem with you calling the guy out, but that there are other forums for that, that's all I ever said.
By the way, I don't give a shit one way or the other how you take my opinion. :)
You're right it didn't have to do with jets. But it was my sole way at the time to contact the jackass. That was his first post in months and I knew he'd see it there. And... my first post there was not off topic as I offered to solve his problem if he stopped by and paid his 8 mo past due deliquint bill which I would have happily done for him.
I can't even recall the last time I bounced something like that out of vdrives so I disagree with you on that. BR type stuff and spam get moved. Someone's got a legit bitch it normally stays, just like the threads on the AZ guy rippin folks off a couple weeks back. They didnt' get moved as many others have not as well that weren't directly vdrive related. Bad News (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124596) BN2 (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125082). One did get locked cause it turned into BR, but it did not get moved because part of the thread was useful with good info.
At least we agree on one thing, we don't give a shit about each others opinion :)

old rigger
09-07-2006, 07:22 PM
At least we agree on one thing, we don't give a shit about each others opinion :)
well, I never mentiond what I thought about your opinion, but now that I think about it, you're right. I don't give a shit about it. :)

Rexone
09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Okay all, thats enough, this is one of the better forums, with lots of good people who post both positive and negative comments/ thoughts, lets keep the v-drive a cut above.
No more shit throwing, shake and move on................
I agree HP.
I offered some constructive advice to Mitch. He wasn't real receptive. Some others jumped his ass which wasn't the intent when I posted. Old Rigger and I obviously don't and aren't going to see eye to eye.
Hopefully Mitch will continue posting utilizing some of the info I offered as he would be a valuable addition the forum imo less the constant Casale chest beating.
That said, this thread has veered off topic now and run it's course. As I said above it was not intended to become a Mitch beating thread so it is now closed so we can get back to useful and positive vdrive threads.