PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations!!

n8dawg
09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Ever since I tightened up my loose motor mounts my boat seems to have a little bit more vibration in it. I checked the stringers for cracks and found nothing there. The drive shaft seems okay.
Any other suggestions?
Does anybody know where I can get a rail kit for a 455 Olds?

ironman44bear
09-07-2006, 10:12 PM
I am in the process of designing a rail kit for a buddy's 73 kona with a 455. It will be a trick rail kit all cnc machined out of 6061 t-6 aluminum, 3/8 thick motor plates, 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3/8 angle for the rails. How big of a hurry are you for them. I am extremley busy right know but once winter hits i will have more time to work on them. If you can wait till this winter I can give you one hellova deal for a bitchen rail kit. We might be able to do some tradin' as i am building a 75 tahiti and i am in need of some parts ( many parts) Let me know if i can help you out.
Ironman

n8dawg
09-08-2006, 10:58 AM
I am in the process of designing a rail kit for a buddy's 73 kona with a 455. It will be a trick rail kit all cnc machined out of 6061 t-6 aluminum, 3/8 thick motor plates, 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3/8 angle for the rails. How big of a hurry are you for them. I am extremley busy right know but once winter hits i will have more time to work on them. If you can wait till this winter I can give you one hellova deal for a bitchen rail kit. We might be able to do some tradin' as i am building a 75 tahiti and i am in need of some parts ( many parts) Let me know if i can help you out.
Ironman
I'm in no rush! I was kinda thinking winter project. But I'm on an extremly tight bugdet this year. Let me know, maybe we can work something out. Sounds like a pretty trick rail kit.
Thanks

ironman44bear
09-09-2006, 12:19 AM
n8dawg pm sent. later
ironman