09-07-2006, 02:33 PM
What are you up to now ? :)

taxman
09-07-2006, 02:36 PM
just ****ing titty dancers and drinking allot

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Pro's............................................. ....NONE
Con's............................................. ..TOO MANY TO POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NautiTwins
09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I have heard they work well.
Hard to get parts, rebuild etc.... May get expensive. Resale would suck. The look pretty ugly, but that is just my opinon.
Good luck!

Cas
09-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Panthers are a good pump and very reliable. The main shaft is a little on the small side which could lead to some issues with a lot of HP (500+) but the main bearings are very strong. Panthers main bearings are a pretty good sized roller bearing that are constantly submerged in 90wt oil. So long as the ceramic seal stays in tact, they'll last for many years.
My 21' Tahiti had a Panther that was 26 yrs old,when I took it apart, all the clearances were well within OEM.
The good things about a Panther are they come stock with a S/S impeller, come stock with a ride plate, are basically already set back along with the bearings being in oil.
The not so good, very few aftermarket bolt-ons and the main shaft. Panther does make a diverter that works very well in trimming the boat but if you're wanting to throw a big high rooster, it's not the way to go.
I've rebuilt a few of them now and only one needed new bearings as there was a little rust on them. The last one was put in a boat a few months ago, 18' Tahiti bubble deck, 454 BBC (mildly built), Panther with diverter...71 mph.
If you're wanting to going 1/4 mile racing, it's not the pump you want.....unless the 13 sec class is good enough for you.
If you're looking for an excellent bubbledeck boat, the one I mentioned above will be coming up for sale, less engine, real soon.

taxman
09-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Is Panther still in biz

Cas
09-07-2006, 05:15 PM
yep, and all parts are still available. Here's the link to their website
Panther Performance Products (http://www.pantherjet.com/)