PDA

View Full Version : U.F.C. - What happened ???

LaveyOne
09-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Just saw that Matt Hughes is now fighting B.J. Penn for the title at UFC 63. What happened to his fight against Georges St. Pierre? Did he get hurt or something? :confused:

dmontzsta
09-07-2006, 05:17 PM
yes, St.Pierre is hurt.

reDECKulous
09-07-2006, 05:34 PM
St. Pierre pulled his groin... Hughes caught a lucky break... guess he can keep his title for a few more months

NOTALENT
09-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Hughes is going to work St. Pierre. It will be a good fight, but im sticking with the corn fed american! :crossx:

Goodtime$
09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
You have to give BJ Penn some respect, remember the first fight. Comes out in surf shred gear, not shredded at all and boom. Tap
but Matt Hughes is a monster and will remain on top. See u at the pond.

LaveyOne
09-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks!
I didn't hear about St. Pierre. Should be a good fight, either way. Penn doesn't look like much, but is pretty skilled. Not good enough to beat Hughes though, IMO.
Let's hope he doesn't try to kiss Matt again ... :rolleyes:
http://www.zengrappling.com/BJ%20Kiss.jpeg

Tequila-John
09-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks!
I didn't hear about St. Pierre. Should be a good fight, either way. Penn doesn't look like much, but is pretty skilled. Not good enough to beat Hughes though, IMO.
Let's hope he doesn't try to kiss Matt again ... :rolleyes:
http://www.zengrappling.com/BJ%20Kiss.jpeg
Do you home work bud. He took the title from Hughes already once. Rear naked choke...DING DING!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
09-08-2006, 09:01 AM
It will be a good fight for sure...go back a few months to Pierre vs. Penn, even though Pierre won by decision, Penn sure messed up Pierre's face in round 1
Hopefully Penn is ready and "brings it" so it will be a good fight instead of a quick blowout..
Matt is definately a better fighter now than when he met with Penn the first time.

Charley
09-08-2006, 09:03 AM
quick and to the point
Hughes will defeat Penn and eventually lose to Pierre

x7734x
09-08-2006, 09:38 AM
quick and to the point
agreed

LaveyOne
09-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Do you home work bud. He took the title from Hughes already once. Rear naked choke...DING DING!
Homework was already finished, bud. ;)
I know that Hughes lost the first time ... I just think the second time will be different.
Still don't know why Penn walked away from the title though. :confused:

LaveyOne
09-08-2006, 09:49 AM
quick and to the point
Hey Charley,
Got any plans on going?

XtrmWakeborder
09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
quick and to the point
As much as i hate to say it i have to agree....give it a while though, Hughes has to get a bit older.

Tequila-John
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Homework was already finished, bud. ;)
I know that Hughes lost the first time ... I just think the second time will be different.
Still don't know why Penn walked away from the title though. :confused:
From what i heard the UFC said something to him to piss him off and he walked away. Kinda silly YA?

AirtimeLavey
09-08-2006, 12:13 PM
From what i heard the UFC said something to him to piss him off and he walked away. Kinda silly YA?
Wasn't that from the previous UFC owners? I don't think either one of them will beat Matt. Hoping Penn's ready for the fight.

Ivan Dan
09-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Wasn't that from the previous UFC owners? I don't think either one of them will beat Matt. Hoping Penn's ready for the fight.
I agree! I think Hughes is by far the best pound for pound MMA fighter in the world. I truly hope Penn comes out ready to go because I'm tired of the 30 second fights we've been seeing lately (Tito/Shamrock, Liddell/Sobral, etc.)

Arkansas
09-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Penn is not much to look at but he has sick skills. I wouldn't bet much either way...has the potential to be a fantastic fight.

Charley
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey Charley,
Got any plans on going?
I wish I could I have Inland Invasion that night ... hopefully we can order the fight backstage! :D