PDA

View Full Version : Daytona, Cheyenne, Stealth..Research

poncho-pwr
09-07-2006, 05:04 PM
I am trying to do some research on these three particular hulls. I can see the differences in the deck designs of these thre hulls but would love to know what the bottom differences are, ie. tunnel depth, width and shape, and which differences give what different effects? I have heard that pound for pound in a properly set up boat that the Cheyennes are the quickest of the three and the Daytonas MPH the best with the Stealth being the most stable over 120mph. I have not heard why this is though. I am ruling out the Stealth because I think it is ugly and I don't like the deck on it. I have called Eliminator and they don't seem to want to build anymore 19' Daytonas although I hear SoCal is going to be building them. The Cheyenne is easy to get built any way you want it and I am leaning towards the Cheyenne at the moment. I will be putting a n/a 1120 HP motor in the boat and I would like to bracket race some maybe in SDBA events or whatever is close to us as well as use it on weekends at the lake. If anyone has any good input on these three hulls please post it up.

Duane HTP
09-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Poncho, Give me a call. I sell all three of the hulls that you mentioned. I can help you decide.
316-794-8616

blue wonder
09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I am trying to do some research on these three particular hulls. I can see the differences in the deck designs of these thre hulls but would love to know what the bottom differences are, ie. tunnel depth, width and shape, and which differences give what different effects? I have heard that pound for pound in a properly set up boat that the Cheyennes are the quickest of the three and the Daytonas MPH the best with the Stealth being the most stable over 120mph. I have not heard why this is though. I am ruling out the Stealth because I think it is ugly and I don't like the deck on it. I have called Eliminator and they don't seem to want to build anymore 19' Daytonas although I hear SoCal is going to be building them. The Cheyenne is easy to get built any way you want it and I am leaning towards the Cheyenne at the moment. I will be putting a n/a 1120 HP motor in the boat and I would like to bracket race some maybe in SDBA events or whatever is close to us as well as use it on weekends at the lake. If anyone has any good input on these three hulls please post it up.
I personally own a stealth...and have driven a few different daytona's and cheyenne's...hands down in my opinion the stealth is the best...and im sure 50 other people will argue this to the death...but this is just my opinion on the whole thing...i have about 850 horse and mine runs a consistant 118...and has run a best of 119.

Ken F
09-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Poncho,
I'd sure call Duane and listen to what he has to say. I've personally seen him set up all three for racing & lake use. Each one has their own little pecularities as you mentioned in your post. He'd be the one to listen to.
Ken F

Unchained
09-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Ugly.....you must be joking.......Stealths are the best.
This hulls for sale too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/220Polishedsplashguardls.jpg

pce680
09-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Call Tommy Papp at 951 734-4606.Tommy designed and built the Cheyenne and the Stealth molds.Both plugs started with a Eliminator hull designed by Ron Ehde in 1976.Tommy can tell you as to what he changed in both boats from the original Daytona.Everything else is hearsay.Get it from the horse mouth.

screamdreambrad
09-07-2006, 07:03 PM
ditto what ron said! i've driven all three! i own a stealth, and i looove it! mine runs 126 in 1320. stable as can be. driven a 120 mph cheyenne, bitchen! driven a 133 mph daytona, was good. my choice would be a 450 lb stealth. then you can race and go to the lake and do whatever you want. just my humble opinion. oh, one more thing! if you can get eliminator to build one for you, you'd better have a king sized wallet!. i don't know what the guy in ar. is charging for a cheyenne, but cheyenne or stealth is a better deal by far.

W.O.T
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
i would love to have any of them. i almost bought a 93 daytona off my friend, but couldnt afford it at the time. but i would much rather have a stealth if i could own either either. ive seen a stealth at tom papps shop they are beautiful. i really hope to own one someday

Rondane
09-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Poncho,
He'd be the one to listen to.
Ken F
i think the guy to listen to would be the one who had a hand in designing them all. They would give the BEST advice. My .02.
rondane

Taylorman
09-08-2006, 07:03 AM
i think the guy to listen to would be the one who had a hand in designing them all. They would give the BEST advice. My .02.
rondane
Unlike someone we know.

poncho-pwr
09-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Unchained, why are you selling your Stealth? Thanks for the replies everyone else. I really like the lines on the Cheyenne the best and that is probably what I will go with, unless I come across a kevlar/carbon fiber Daytona.
I have talked to Papp and yes he is very knowledgable on all three, I did feel like he was trying to sway me towards the Stealth because that what he is building and pushing now. He did say that the Cheyenne was the quickest of the three up to a certain point. He did not however say what that point was. Believe it or not he actually seemed proudest of the Cheyenne design just by listening to the tone and inflection of his voice whenever he talked about the boats, and he also verified for me that Ervin Capps here in Arkansas is building boats out of the "Real Deal" Cheyenne molds and not a splash made mold like the Oklahoma Cheyennes and some of the others are that aren't near as good a boat.

502 JET
09-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Unchained, why are you selling your Stealth?
Did you notice the Daytona in his sig. line it's a v-drive he has crossed over to the Dark Side. :crossx:

Duane HTP
09-08-2006, 04:29 PM
The Ft Cobb, OK races are this week end. There will be some of all three boats there. Ervin is already there and I know of two Stealths that are already there. It would be a good place to go and compare boats.

Unchained
09-08-2006, 04:43 PM
It's not really a jet vs v drive thing. The Stealth as it sits is far quicker and faster than the Daytona V drive. It's more my needs have changed. I thought I was going to go racing when I put the Stealth together. After I got it together and seen what an animal it was with that turbo motor, I decided I wasn't a racer, just a laker. I'm 50 and I think I'll leave the racing to the 25 to 35 crowd.
That together with the fact that the nearest place to race is Kentucky and I'd rather go to the lake with that crowd than drive 10 + hrs each way to race at the track in KY to make a couple passes.
The Daytona V drive does rougher water better being a 21' boat and where I boat it gets pretty rough.
The Stealth is the best jet boat I ever had by far. If it sells, fine, if it doesn't, that's fine too. I've got lots of storage space.
Mark

poncho-pwr
09-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks Unchained.
Hey Duane, I might try to run over to the races Sunday, if so where can I find you?

Duane HTP
09-08-2006, 07:19 PM
I didn't get to go this week end. Just have too much to do. But several of the boats we built will be there. Have fun.

Dog
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I know this thread isn't about Ft. Cobb but I am guessing if Ervin is there Dr. Jay is there? If you here any news please post it. I might try to get out there tomorrow or Sunday. Thanks
The Ft Cobb, OK races are this week end. There will be some of all three boats there. Ervin is already there and I know of two Stealths that are already there. It would be a good place to go and compare boats.