PDA

View Full Version : AZ Jetboaters

h2oboy
12-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Just moved to AZ from CO and am looking around to see if there are any jetboaters around me. Would love to chat with some locals to see where the hot spots are and who I can call on for help when needed!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-14-2005, 09:16 PM
I am in mesa;) welcome, we hang out at saguaro lake;)

Cole1313
12-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Just moved to AZ from CO and am looking around to see if there are any jetboaters around me. Would love to chat with some locals to see where the hot spots are and who I can call on for help when needed!!
Welcome to AZ. We usually go to the Colorado river on the weekends, which is 2 1/2 west on the 10 fwy with a couple of people. During the week we go to Sagaruo. s/p We are usually up there Tue and Fri evenings during the summer and on Fri during the winter.
If you need anything, just let me know. We have a couple of friends who live in Queen Creek. I am in Chandler. Also, watch out for 396, he will make you spend alot of money on your boat. From what I hear he has a ton of hook ups. Also 460 on here is a really cool guy from Mesa. Just hang around for a while and you will see a bunch more folks on here from AZ. If you would like to stop by for a beer sometime let me know, my garage is always open.

460 jus getn it
12-15-2005, 08:30 AM
welcome....like cole said im in tempe.we hang out at saguaro most of the year. if there is anything we can help you with just let us know...welcome to az.................

Some Kind Of Monster
12-15-2005, 08:44 AM
There are lots of lakes in the area within an hour driving distance, not to mention the river out west! Lets see yor ride so we will know you on the water!

1978 Rogers
12-15-2005, 08:50 AM
I've heard no one in AZ has a jet boat. There all up here.

Sleek-Jet
12-15-2005, 08:56 AM
What part of Colorado are you from???
Sleek <-------- Colorado transplant too :D
Oh yeah, our crew boats up at Roosevelt/Apache quite a bit, with a trip or two to the river every year.

h2oboy
12-15-2005, 09:00 AM
What part of Colorado are you from???
Sleek <-------- Colorado transplant too :D
Oh yeah, our crew boats up at Roosevelt/Apache quite a bit, with a trip or two to the river every year.
From East Denver, near Aurora..... Happy to be in AZ.... Have a lot more options when it comes to water around here....

h2oboy
12-15-2005, 09:10 AM
There are lots of lakes in the area within an hour driving distance, not to mention the river out west! Lets see yor ride so we will know you on the water!
Would love ot post a few pictures, but do not know how... Been trying for a while now.... any suggestions...
1979 18' southwind... work in progress includes: Complete clean up (previous owner had no cover for the past 4 years in the colorado sun), new carpet, seats, wiring, pump overhaul, rubbing compund and wax (x10), and a lot more... She runs good, just going through it to turn it back into a show piece (or close).
I would love to meet up with everyone and meet some fellow boaters. I always seem to learn something new from people I meet.... Hope you all do not mind drinking a few cold ones....

Sleek-Jet
12-15-2005, 09:43 AM
From East Denver, near Aurora..... Happy to be in AZ.... Have a lot more options when it comes to water around here....
Cool, I moved down to Tucson a couple years ago from the 4 Corners area. :D

h2oboy
12-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Any problems with OT headers out here... Should I invest in some muffs for my ride?? I was reading that they were cracking down in AZ?? Thoughts??

460 jus getn it
12-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Any problems with OT headers out here... Should I invest in some muffs for my ride?? I was reading that they were cracking down in AZ?? Thoughts??
no problems.............we have peeps who run dry headers and dont have problems....there cool out at the local lakes here.........

h2oboy
12-15-2005, 10:01 AM
no problems.............we have peeps who run dry headers and dont have problems....there cool out at the local lakes here.........
Thats good to heaar... I run wet headers, but I know at havasu they can tend to give you a few problems... I am loud, but not crazzy loud.... Thats a releif....
Going to reg the trailer today out here.... and attmept to find a place to switch the boat over....

460 jus getn it
12-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Thats good to heaar... I run wet headers, but I know at havasu they can tend to give you a few problems... I am loud, but not crazzy loud.... Thats a releif....
Going to reg the trailer today out here.... and attmept to find a place to switch the boat over....go to the game and fish dept....its in east mesa on power and universtiy.......on university east of power....should be that big of hassle..............

Cole1313
12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Going to reg the trailer today out here.... and attmept to find a place to switch the boat over....
Or go on-line, print the aplication, send in your $5. and you are done.

h2oboy
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Or go on-line, print the aplication, send in your $5. and you are done.
Even if I am transfering registration... Don't I have to go in someplace???

Cole1313
12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Good question. My COLE is still in CA. The new boat we just paid $5 and got a new plate and title.

azgfboatgirl
12-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Welcome to AZ. If you need your boat registered, call me with your Colorado Reg in hand. I'll tell you what you need. :)
Libby 602-789-3406
AZ Game & Fish Dept
Phoenix AZ

Cole1313
12-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Welcome to AZ. If you need your boat registered, call me with your Colorado Reg in hand. I'll tell you what you need. :)
Libby 602-789-3406
AZ Game & Fish Dept
Phoenix AZ
Nothing like having the source right at your hands H20boy. Thanks Libby

h2oboy
12-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Libby 602-789-3406
AZ Game & Fish Dept
Phoenix AZ
Thanks Libby,
When is a good time to get ahold of you??

Vin-Dog
12-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Welcome to Arizona! I'm in Gilbert, not to far from you. Me and Big-Ern hang out with 396 and the rest of the crew at saguaro.

h2oboy
12-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Welcome to Arizona! I'm in Gilbert, not to far from you. Me and Big-Ern hang out with 396 and the rest of the crew at saguaro.
Well I looked up Saguaro today and it seems like a nice lake... I will have to bring some of my Coors Light with me and meet up with you all!!
Seems like there are some nice beaches on the lake... where is the spot to hang and be seen.... Not that my wife would approve but hey a boy has to be a boy!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Well I looked up Saguaro today and it seems like a nice lake... I will have to bring some of my Coors Light with me and meet up with you all!!
Seems like there are some nice beaches on the lake... where is the spot to hang and be seen.... Not that my wife would approve but hey a boy has to be a boy!!!
We hang out in the back of the lake. Its called "party beach". Drive to the back of the lake untill you hit the "no wake" zone Then idle back for about 10-15 minutes until you see it on your left. In the summer you better be out there early or you wont get a parking spot;) Oh yeah, coors light is my choice of beer;)

EMCAM
12-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Welcome to AZ H2O. I also hang with 396 ways, BIG ERN,460gettinit,and vin dog and many others. We kick it almost every sun in the summer more then welcome to throw some shoes and drink some beers. If you need parts pm any of us we will help with what we can.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Welcome to AZ H2O. I also hang with 396 ways, BIG ERN,460gettinit,and vin dog and many others. We kick it almost every sun in the summer more then welcome to throw some shoes and drink some beers. If you need parts pm any of us we will help with what we can.
AMEN brotha;) We have some pull out here:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Dammit you forgot 454 ways to go:D :crossx: :crossx:

Squirtcha?
12-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Dammit you forgot 454 ways to go:D :crossx: :crossx:
Hey what the heck? Are we chopped liver or sumthin? O.k. fine we don't hang there every weekend, but still................ :p

TIMINATOR
12-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi! Welcome to the valley! First things first; once you have been here for even part of a summer, you won't think that the Colorado sun is any big deal, trust me. Me and most of my pals hang at Pleasant, occasionally Bartlett, and Havasu. Whenever I'm out I bring my radar gun and GPS, look me up (25 Daytona, white w/teal and purple stripes and a 14-71 hanging out on top). Be happy to radar ya. Also I own a HP boat and complete auto machine shop, we also do glass, jet rebuilding and perf mods, outdrive work,etc. We are in the west valley just North of I-10, so the trip is mostly freeway.I usually have a bunch of new and used pump and motor parts too. We are compiling a list of boats regarding weights, and Center of gravitys too. Bring it on by and I'll do it for ya. We are open on Saturdays 9:00 to 1:00. Timm aka TIMINATOR

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey what the heck? Are we chopped liver or sumthin? O.k. fine we don't hang there every weekend, but still................ :p
Dan, I am so sorry :crossx: I am chopped liver sucka;) :D :D We will have to do west side trips next year;) Thats my word;)

jamessampica
12-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh yes welcome to the valley of the Sun.Hope you like here this summer.See ya on the lake.LATER!!!!!!
JIM S

NautiII
12-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Welcome h2oboy, I am new to the jet boat scene to. 396 is one hell of a guy. he has been extremely helpful to me. I live in Chandler. as a matter of fact, for those in the Phoenix area, who wants to get together for a beer sunday, 12-18-05?? good time for us all to meet and pretend we are christmas shopping!! lol

h2oboy
12-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Welcome h2oboy, I am new to the jet boat scene to. 396 is one hell of a guy. he has been extremely helpful to me. I live in Chandler. as a matter of fact, for those in the Phoenix area, who wants to get together for a beer sunday, 12-18-05?? good time for us all to meet and pretend we are christmas shopping!! lol
Thank you all for the warm welcome... I look forward to a great summer... Spent most of last summer on NM lakes, and look forward to more days on the lakes out here this summer.
Wish I was going to be in town tomorrow (12-18) but I will be on my way to CT for a few weeks for X-Mas!! Going from warm weather to extremly cold... Now I know why I continue to move further SW this weather is unbeatable!!!! Wishing everyone a happy holiday season!!