PDA

View Full Version : For you street bike riders.....

NOTALENT
09-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Next saturday the 16th Some friends and I as well as some peeps from some motorcycle forums are going to do a A.M cruise to MALIBU. Should be quite a few people....im thinking about 20+. If anyone is intrested let me know. There will be meet up points around SoCal since peeps are coming from different directions.
Late,
NT

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Next saturday the 16th Some friends and I as well as some peeps from some motorcycle forums are going to do a A.M cruise to MALIBU. Should be quite a few people....im thinking about 20+. If anyone is intrested let me know. There will be meet up points around SoCal since peeps are coming from different directions.
Late,
NT
Be careful out there, big groups of sportbike riders unfamiliar with each other can be challenging.
I know you just got your bike.
Brian

NOTALENT
09-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Definatley. We had 14 bikes go to Dana point this past Sat. Some of the guys have been riding for years and it was funny how they thought I had been riding for years....go figure...haha...the transfer from dirtbikes to street wasnt to bad...I have been hitting up Palos Verdes, Cooks Corner and even Azuza once getting lots of practice.
As far as the group...I stay behind with the more skillfull riders. For the most part I ride within the law. Everyone else seems to want to haul ass, split lanes, pass cars etc...It got messy and I found myself trying to seperate a bit because of the crap they were pulling. Im down with stagger formation and safety. Im not trying to impress anyone.
Thanks for the concern.

JustMVG
09-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Be careful out there, big groups of sportbike riders unfamiliar with each other can be challenging.
I know you just got your bike.
Brian
Brian when do you wanna get out for a ride?
I have gone on a few group rides and have had more bad experiences than good, so i tend to go with folks i know and in small groups of maybe no more than 10, it works for me

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Brian when do you wanna get out for a ride?
I have gone on a few group rides and have had more bad experiences than good, so i tend to go with folks i know and in small groups of maybe no more than 10, it works for me
Me too.
I need to get time to blow the dust off.
Trust me I think plenty about you guys riding without me.
On a side note:
I have been witness to two bad accidents involving club members wanting to pass on the inside of a corner like they are grabbing a pass on a racetrack.
Both times the inexperienced rider getting passed stood the bike up because he was freaked out getting passed on the inside all leaned over.
4 bikes scrapped, two broken legs, it was a bloody damn mess. Just stupid too. Road Racing against yourself is dangerous enough, whether it is legal or not, it happens. Road Racing someone else is just asking for further complications.
Hwy 39 (Azusa)is a cool ride as long as you dont head up the main road until it ends. Too many blind decreasing raidius corners, too much gravel, too many cars not staying on their side of the road. I wiped the paint off my CBR600 when I was smarter than everyone else. I didn't know any better and I was riding with guys that were ALOT better than me.
Good experience, but at 21 I didn't know when it was time to wick it back.
Brian

JustMVG
09-07-2006, 10:14 PM
It's funny the bikes have gotten better, faster, easier to ride and set up handle like a dream, but there is still that lack of experience and too many folks are getting in waaaaayyy over thier heads thinking that they have the best bike money can buy but too little time behind the bars. I have seen folks buy the bike and then run on up to the canyons and eat it, good bikes now worthless and a rider hurt. I wish there was a licensing system that had you start with small cc bikes and work your way up, the same for cars and boats, plunk down the cash and you can be a teen just out of drivers ed driving Turbo Porsche, no experience and mucho power, recipe for disaster.
Ok Rant over....

NOTALENT
09-08-2006, 05:19 AM
I definatley agree with you guys..I have seen a few people who just got done taking the MSF course never rode prior to it, and went out to buy a brand new Harley, or top of the line street bike....No bueno. (They were adults too).
My buddy went to Angeles Crest this past weekend....He has been racing for years. Deer jumped out infront of him.....layed it down...slid about 150ft at 70mph. Good thing he had his 2 piece suit on....got up uninjured other then road rash where the suit moved.