PDA

View Full Version : Caught a burglar

Cheap Thrills
09-08-2006, 12:12 AM
So I'm sitting here in the shop quietly surfing HB and hear something , sounds kinda like a can rattling in the back of my truck outside. I'm thinking the worst , some sorry SOB is out there trying to get into my truck. so I grab the Browning and sneaky peak close to the garrage door which I had left partly open for some fresh air. I listen for a second and still hear the rattle but it's from inside the garrage !! I nearly jumped out of my skin. upon further investigation I notice an almost empty coke carton that I had set in the corner to catch misc. empties paper towels ect. moving arround. so I saftied the Browning and shined the maglight inside the box to find this little guy looking up at me with a toothy grin.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127100_0191.jpg
Mr. Opossums lucky day . I tipped the box over so he could excape but the lil booger wouldn't leave. I actually had to pick the box up and shake it upsidedown several times to get him out. once I got him out he just looked at me , grinned as if to say WTF dude? and waddled out the door. :rolleyes:
C.T. :wink:

Danhercules
09-08-2006, 03:41 AM
I dont know why, but I like them guys. They are ugly!! Maby I feel sorry for them.

NOTALENT
09-08-2006, 05:03 AM
Haha...damn your crazy going up against such a mean looking mother focker..!! :crossx:

lewiville
09-08-2006, 06:06 AM
I saw him on the road 10min ago he was laying flat for some reason

Bradman
09-08-2006, 06:12 AM
I saw him on the road 10min ago he was laying flat for some reason
Granny will make good stew from that road kill. :)

Just Tool'n
09-08-2006, 06:35 AM
I have shot many possum's over the years on our back porch.
I get the flashlight & the 22 rifle, point blank, they never see the light of day.
The very first one, I tried to get, I missed. Must have been nervous. Shot a hole thru the leg of one of the alminum chairs on the back porch. We still have the lawn furniture after 12 years, when ever I look at that hole I still chuckle to myself!
One night when my wife was preganet with #2 she got up to relieve herself, you know how when they get bigger they allways have to go. She never turns the light, walks into the bathroom to go. She step on something, she turns the light on, low & behold it was a small possum.
It is a miricle she did not go into labor right then. Possum chewed a hole thru the screen door that is off of our bathroom, you now letting the cool air in at night.
This time I did not want to shot it in the house. Took a ball peen hammer to its head. So then it bleeds all over the bathroom, what a mess it made. should of shot it instead.
Since we got a new dog in febuary we no longer get possums around the house.

Itsahobby
09-08-2006, 07:05 AM
One good thing about possums, they eat snails!!!

Cheap Thrills
09-08-2006, 07:51 AM
I dont know why, but I like them guys. They are ugly!! Maby I feel sorry for them.
I do too Dan. I had one for a pet when I was a kid it's mother and a few of it's siblings were hit by a car in front of the house and there were a couple still alive hanging onto the momma possums back like they do. It was sad :( so we took the survivors and bottle fed them a week or two untill they could eat their regular diet of whatever got in front of their face. they'll eat anything :)
At one time I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot it but I think I'm getting soft in my old age or maybe it's that I appreciate life a little more than I once did. Heck I may even set him out a little bowl of catfood tonight as a special treat just to thank him fror dropping by.:D

topless
09-08-2006, 08:11 AM
I caught a baby one too when I was little. I fed it and then went to check on him and he was DEAD. I put him in the trash can and a friend came over so I went to show her my dead possum and he was gone! Damn sneaky critter.

Cheap Thrills
09-08-2006, 08:22 AM
I caught a baby one too when I was little. I fed it and then went to check on him and he was DEAD. I put him in the trash can and a friend came over so I went to show her my dead possum and he was gone! Damn sneaky critter.
Ha .. He must have been playing Possum ? :D
We kept ours for over a year he was friggin huge when we finally turned him out to the wild.
They're great pets when they're small but due to poor eyesight they'll snap at anything that gets in front of their face when they're adults. even though this little guy wasn't full grown I didn't try petting it :220v: and was a little more than nervous while I was trying to shake him out of the box. I was having thoughts of the little booger going all Tazmanian Devil on my ass. Now that would have been funny :D I would have been adding a few new steps to the "Possum Trot" :D

Thorsinc
09-08-2006, 08:34 AM
I watched a buddy of mine pick a dead one up with a shovel. It deiced to quit playing possum and ran up the handle hissing at him. Nothing better or funnier than seeing a man screaming like a little girl!

Howie Feltersnatch
09-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Those suckers won't leave. The dogs have cornered them in the yard before & we'll have the bring the dogs in for a few hours before the damn possum will finally wander off. Even the hose won't work.

Beer-30
09-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To prove to the Possum it could be done.

Midlife Advantage
09-08-2006, 10:55 AM
One good thing about possums, they eat snails!!!
NO SHITE??!!

HCS
09-08-2006, 11:33 AM
That's funny. Those things are ugly.
I had my German Sheppard bring one in the house.
She picked it up in the back yard with her mouth and drop it on the living room carpet right in front of me.
The thing laid there playing dead. I grabed it by the tail and flung it out the door. Gave me the creeps! :220v: :D

Debbolas
09-08-2006, 12:15 PM
:D
Well at least he wasn't armed :D
lol ;)
ha ha
I'm going to the lake, see ya!
:crossx:
Feel Better!:D

Cheap Thrills
09-08-2006, 12:49 PM
:D
Well at least he wasn't armed :D
lol ;)
ha ha
I'm going to the lake, see ya!
:crossx:
Feel Better!:D
Something with that many sharp teeth doesn't need to be armed.
:skull:
Feeling Fanfabutastic.

Debbolas
09-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Something with that many sharp teeth doesn't need to be armed.
:skull:
Feeling Fanfabutastic.
Ok, now I'm worried, how much tylenol did ya take?
:rolleyes:
Did I mention I was going to the river?!?!?:D:D:D

Cheap Thrills
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Ok, now I'm worried, how much tylenol did ya take?
:rolleyes:
Did I mention I was going to the river?!?!?:D:D:D
Dont know :idea: I'll have to count the empty bottles...
Ha Noooo seriously about 4 for the day.
Hey you're not by chance headed to the river anytime soon are ya ? :D

Debbolas
09-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Dont know :idea: I'll have to count the empty bottles...
Ha Noooo seriously about 4 for the day.
Hey you're not by chance headed to the river anytime soon are ya ? :D
How kind of you to ask, I'm headed that way (no kids) in about an hour or so:D :clover: :D :clover:
Deb<-------------------getting in river mode :D

Cheap Thrills
09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
How kind of you to ask, I'm headed that way (no kids) in about an hour or so:D :clover: :D :clover:
Deb<-------------------getting in river mode :D
Lucky You :) Have a great time& watch out for the loonies.

Debbolas
09-08-2006, 01:32 PM
I will alert my driver (Scream) :D

Devil's Advocate
09-08-2006, 05:27 PM
So I'm sitting here in the shop quietly surfing HB and hear something , sounds kinda like a can rattling in the back of my truck outside. I'm thinking the worst , some sorry SOB is out there trying to get into my truck. so I grab the Browning and sneaky peak close to the garrage door which I had left partly open for some fresh air. I listen for a second and still hear the rattle but it's from inside the garrage !! I nearly jumped out of my skin. upon further investigation I notice an almost empty coke carton that I had set in the corner to catch misc. empties paper towels ect. moving arround. so I saftied the Browning and shined the maglight inside the box to find this little guy looking up at me with a toothy grin.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127100_0191.jpg
Mr. Opossums lucky day . I tipped the box over so he could excape but the lil booger wouldn't leave. I actually had to pick the box up and shake it upsidedown several times to get him out. once I got him out he just looked at me , grinned as if to say WTF dude? and waddled out the door. :rolleyes:
Luckily you got him at a disadvantage, you would have been a goner with that viscious thing... :D