PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a problem with Lake Lice?

Wicky
09-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Well, for $19.99 go buy yourself a fishing rod and reel. Purchase a heavy lure preferably in the 2-3oz range with triple treble hooks while you are there. If the reel doesn't include line, buy some good monofilament (I prefer Stren Clear) in the 12lb test or higher strength.
Next, head to the lake, launch your boat, and head out.
Once you've reached your favorite cove, tie your lure onto the line and wait for any unsuspecting lake lice. Don't forget to set your drag tight!!!
Once lake lice is spotted, pick up your rod and start casting in the vicinity of where the lake lice will be approaching.
If the dipshit is stupid enough to ride through your fishing path, the 12lb test will be strong enough to "set the hook" for a second or two. This is just enough time to teach a well deserved lesson without doing anything illegal.
Oh yes, don't forget your fishing license!!!
You will be amazed on how fast those fockers steer clear of you when your casting a big lure!
Mow,
Wicky

Warlockjer
09-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey Wicky, YOUR a real dick. YOU might think that is funny, but it really is not. There are alot of us "lake lice" on this forum, and I would not want to see any of them get hurt, by some funny ass...........

OGShocker
09-08-2006, 07:38 AM
I rarely have problems with inanimate objects, but I do have problems with those who control them. :mad:

superdave013
09-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Hey Wicky, YOUR a real dick. YOU might think that is funny, but it really is not. There are alot of us "lake lice" on this forum, and I would not want to see any of them get hurt, by some funny ass...........
well on the other side of the coin....
I took a boating saftey class when I was a kid. Ralph Taylor of the Indiana DNR told me that if a fisherman could cast and hit me I was too close. End of story! I had asked him that question because this old focker would be fishing and when he would see us he'd pick up his "other" rod and cast a big azz jitter bug at us.
Now with all that said, we did have the entire lake and there was no need to get anywere near that guy. (but we were punk kids and did it anyway)

HocusPocus
09-08-2006, 07:57 AM
2 years ago some friends and i were on a designated trail riding our cycles for the day. we came into an area with trees and some idiot decided it would be funny to hang fishing line with hooks at the end from these trees directly across the trail. two of the 4 got snagged and both ended up needing stitches for their wounds. so any activity that would do intentional harm to anyone else is just wrong!!!!

Ziggy
09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
I rarely have problems with inanimate objects, but I do have problems with those who control them. :mad:
Well stated.........its just that simple.
If riders are close enough to get snagged by a lure....they are too close.

blown65
09-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Well stated.........its just that simple.
If riders are close enough to get snagged by a lure....they are too close.
agreed. We have owned jet skis for quite some time and its just a matter of respect and proper driving. Problem is probably 75% of those on jetskis are total morons. They dont look when turning, they think being 5' from your boat at 50mph is a smart thing. Along with that you have every other boat making a B-line right for you so they can get a closer look, leaving you absolutely no where to go at times. Difference being the skis can go quite a bit faster and you never know what the idiot behind the wheel is thinking coming at you head on.

KreatinKaos
09-08-2006, 08:14 AM
I was sitting in front of my beach house fishing when one dip*hit lakelice driver came withing 10 feet of shore and emptied my spool .. he was sure shocked when the 20 pound line set the hook in him :crossx:

78 challenger
09-08-2006, 08:15 AM
If you own a jet, use the diverter to shoot them off.
hilarious!!!

riverracerx
Having formerly raced jet skis for over 8 years and been riding for over 25 I have opinions on both sides. I agree 85% of the people on "watercraft", especially the gigantic three seaters, don't have a clue what is going on around them. They certainly have made the rest of the PWC community get a bad wrap. There are still riders who are very competent and mindful of other boaters. There are also alot of a-holes who can get credit and buy a 100K, 100mph boat too.
I am all for mandatory safety classes for ALL operators.
But to say you want to snag someone with a fishing lure is a little sick.

Bradman
This artical says a lot.
Jet Skis and other high-speed Personal Water Crafts (PWC) are small and nimble, providing inexpensive fun in waterways for nearly a decade. They've been described as snowmobiles for the water by some - extremely fast and easy to maneuver. While these recreational vessels can provide hours of safe entertainment, they can be extremely dangerous in the hands of a negligent, inexperienced, and/or intoxicated driver. On average, approximately 5,400 personal watercraft accidents occur each year, resulting in 2,200 injuries and over 72 deaths. Jet Skis make up a fraction - 6.5 percent - of boating vessels owned in the United States, but they're involved in a monstrous 55.6 percent of boat collisions and a disproportionate 32.8 percent of overall accidents.
A Jet Skier is 7.2 times more likely to get hurt than a motor boater and 31.6 times more likely than a canoer or kayaker, according to a survey commissioned by the U.S. Coast Guard and published in 2002. The injuries sustained in a Jet Ski accident or collision can be severe. Some of these injuries include drowning to death, carbon monoxide poisoning, burns, amputations, hypothermia, head injuries, disfigurement, or situations where someone is ejected from the Jet Ski, which can cause a soft tissue injury or broken bones.

lalhc
09-08-2006, 08:24 AM
agreed. We have owned jet skis for quite some time and its just a matter of respect and proper driving. Problem is probably 75% of those on jetskis are total morons. They dont look when turning, they think being 5' from your boat at 50mph is a smart thing. Along with that you have every other boat making a B-line right for you so they can get a closer look, leaving you absolutely no where to go at times. Difference being the skis can go quite a bit faster and you never know what the idiot behind the wheel is thinking coming at you head on.
It's all a matter of respect and understanding when on the water. I don't consider myself lake lice even though I own a Sea Doo. When the lake is calm and not crowded (weekdays :) ) the Sea Doo is a fun toy to ride. I still prefer my Conquest, but I still enjoy riding Sea Doo's every now and then.

LHC Kirby
09-08-2006, 08:27 AM
hilarious!!!
Might look hilarious - but it can hurt, pre-boat days, my sister and I were just cruising straight south of Thompson Bay and some jerk in a Jet boat came up from behind and than cut over in front of us and put the diverter up and tehat water that hit us... felt like rocks . . . If I could have caught him, My plans were to implant the ski moments after "falling off" into the side of his boat (yeah I was a little pissed) . .not a good idea - but it never got to that point

Tremor Therapy
09-08-2006, 08:35 AM
If you would have come on complaining about another a'hole on a PWC, I would have agreed. But coming on with a recipe to hurt somone is just plain ridiculous! Many of us have ridden jet ski's and have been at least 100 feet away from someone....but give me a good pole and a large sinker and I can cast that far!
Yes there are way to many idiots on PWC's, but I can almost come up with just as many incidents with a'holes in boats. I have had my frustrations with the PWCers in the past as well, but you need to be careful of what you wish for. If someone got hurt because of you being an a'hole with a rod and reel, you may find yourself in a bigger jam than the person you hurt!

Schiada76
09-08-2006, 08:50 AM
well on the other side of the coin....
I took a boating saftey class when I was a kid. Ralph Taylor of the Indiana DNR told me that if a fisherman could cast and hit me I was too close. End of story! I had asked him that question because this old focker would be fishing and when he would see us he'd pick up his "other" rod and cast a big azz jitter bug at us.
Now with all that said, we did have the entire lake and there was no need to get anywere near that guy. (but we were punk kids and did it anyway)
HMMMMMMMMMM with my jig stick and a heavy yo yo iron I bet I could get my jig well over the center of the river at Echo.
Fresh One! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! :D
Aww fock it, damn jet skier would be too hard to clean and probably taste really greasy. :220v:

Sotally Tober
09-08-2006, 08:52 AM
I hope that was a joke. I do understand there are a lot of negligent PWC riders out there. I'm sure some of these riders deserve that kind of treatment. But, I hope you would never do a thing like that. I own both and was a boater first. Riding a PWC around boats is no fun. It is better out where no one else is. If it is busy I never take them off the trailer.

Schiada76
09-08-2006, 08:53 AM
I have a canoe, and everytime I've gone where there's skiers, some ass thinks I look hot and takes a cut next to me and washes me down. Nice, radio wet, sleeping bag wet, an inch of water in the boat. So I bought a paint ball gun to deal with that...except the thing shoots a curve ball, I can't hit crap with it. And of course I realized that if I did hit the ass, him and his boat of people would probably kick the crap out of me if I was lucky, or get me arrested...
And everytime I've gone on a boat lately, if not me, someone has to really move to avoid the things. Why? Because they really aren't aware of what they are doing or how what they are doing impacts other...and probably don't care.
To deal with this on my boat I want to install some LOUD train horns. The problem is that the boat will be a restored Lebel, very cool shallow V drive. I don't want the horns behind me (about 120 DB), but don't want to mount them on the deck like a glastron...any ideas?
Blower with Zoomies
Seems to get their attention.
:crossx:

OGShocker
09-08-2006, 09:02 AM
the Sea Doo is a fun toy to ride.
So is a 400 lb chick with a bad cough, but you wouldn't admit that out loud.. :D :rollside: :D :) :D

HocusPocus
09-08-2006, 09:58 AM
So is a 400 lb chick with a bad cough, but you wouldn't admit that out loud.. :D :rollside: :D :) :D
would it be ok to admit to it if she were only 350 lbs with alergies. :crossx:

Wicky
09-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Riding a PWC around boats is no fun.
Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.

Chipster27
09-08-2006, 01:52 PM
There are still riders who are very competent and mindful of other boaters. There are also alot of a-holes who can get credit and buy a 100K, 100mph boat too.
I am all for mandatory safety classes for ALL operators.
Thanks, well put. I have composed numerous responses to all the "lake lice are a-holes" threads but never posted them. There are idiots in every form of activity. I choose not to own a boat right now, it's not because I can't afford it, I just prefer the flexability a PWC offers. I like fast, my wife likes slow, at the end of the day we're both happy.
However, I feel I boat responsibly. I'm aware of my surroundings, know who is behind me and beside me and always have a bail out plan. I under stand the laws of physics, bigger almost always wins. I do not want to be on the receivng end of bigger. I'm young, have a great life and don't want to end it out of stupidity.
I've seen enough f-sticks in ther tunnels speeding through boaters, I've seen boats dragging their "yard apes" on tubes down the river with little regard for anyone else - like a floating chicane. I've seen ski boats drop a skiier and immediately hook a turn without looking. I've experienced assholes with jet boats that think it's funny to hit you with their jet.
You're kidding yourself if you only think it's PWCs.

OCMerrill
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
While I do firmly believe the vast majority of PWC rider is a complete inconsiderate, lack of knowledge, zero down financing moron I don’t think this is the approach I would take. To inteninally harm would not keep us boaters on top of the food chain :)
I did say vast majority as I am sure there are a few (possibly on here) that operate them properly. They certainly don’t hang out in front of Echo Lodge or Emerald Cove.
Possibly the same percentage as oh say an honest politician. :idea: :rollside:
Well, for $19.99 go buy yourself a fishing rod and reel. Purchase a heavy lure preferably in the 2-3oz range with triple treble hooks while you are there. If the reel doesn't include line, buy some good monofilament (I prefer Stren Clear) in the 12lb test or higher strength.
Once you've reached your favorite cove, tie your lure onto the line and wait for any unsuspecting lake lice. Don't forget to set your drag tight!!!
Once lake lice is spotted, pick up your rod and start casting in the vicinity of where the lake lice will be approaching.
If the dipshit is stupid enough to ride through your fishing path, the 12lb test will be strong enough to "set the hook" for a second or two. This is just enough time to teach a well deserved lesson without doing anything illegal.
You will be amazed on how fast those fockers steer clear of you when your casting a big lure!
Mow,
Wicky

Chipster27
09-08-2006, 03:12 PM
While I do firmly believe the vast majority of PWC rider is ...zero down financing moron...To inteninally harm would not keep us boaters on top of the food chain :)
Possibly the same percentage as oh say an honest politician. :idea: :rollside:
OCMerrill, I guess I'm the minority. I paid over $22k cash for my water toys. Quick glance at used boats and that's more than a 20.8 Sebring with a 350 is worth. Huh, maybe I can buy my way "to the top of the food chain:))

OCMerrill
09-08-2006, 05:40 PM
OCMerrill, I guess I'm the minority. I paid over $22k cash for my water toys. Quick glance at used boats and that's more than a 20.8 Sebring with a 350 is worth. Huh, maybe I can buy my way "to the top of the food chain:))
My comments were not directed to you personally. Glad to read your the minority. :boxed:
Zero down was only one of the stupid examples I gave. If the others dont apply...excellent. YOUR RARE but your not in good company out there on the water.
Under your user name it's stated "Turning in front of you" :D :D :D Exactly what we all complain about the most! :) :) :)
My Lavey is worth less money every day. I am sure not even $22k. Check it...your stuff is more than likley faster too! :boxed:

vee-driven
09-08-2006, 07:09 PM
the reason ther is alot of stupid pwc owners is because it is easier for an idiot to get a pwc, but there is alot of stupid boat owners to, just look at the pictures posted on this site, i have seen plenty of bumb asses in financed out the ass boats at the sand bar trying to manuver getting caught up in lines bumping into other boats running aground even smashing into the dock and i just laugh, espically with the dick eating grin they have on their faces, all i am saying it is just harder for a stupid boat owner to qualify for a big loan, or refi the house, there are idiots everywhere. shit i own a super charged sea doo and a badass boat i like them both. i guess people have nothing better to do than bitch, talking shit or hurting someone aint going to accomplish anything.

OCMerrill
09-08-2006, 09:06 PM
WAKEBOARD BOATS PISS ME OFF TOO! :crossx: they gota have the morning glass,KISS MY ASSSS :crossx: i'm/we are trying to sleep it off :cry: and you guys have to go round and round in the cove and i/we are trying to sleep in the cabin and the waves are kicking our ass :crossx: :cry: sorry just venting a little :argue:
It never fails...you can be 100 miles from anywhere in a bitchen bay and 6:00am rap and wake boards will show only if your hung over :) :)

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 09:32 PM
hilarious!!!
I have heard that works rather well! Especially when they are in the air jumping your wake... and they land up-side-down!:crossx:

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Just curious, what do those $22K blue book for now? :crossx:
LOL!!! :rolleyes:

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Mow,
Wicky
You're a horrible person and a dick... wooo weee
LMAO!!!!! :rollside:

Wicky
09-09-2006, 05:44 AM
"If," is a funny, two lettered preposition that leads to a circumstance.
I've fished my whole life and apparently, a 2-3oz weight with triple treble hooks is an excellent deterant. I've never had lake lice run close by me when I've been fishing and no, I have never hooked one. It's kind of like the death penalty if you think about it. Besides, "if" I ever did hook one, I guarantee that person will never run close to a boat that is fishing again. I've been hooked plenty of times. It definitely stings, but leaves no permanent damage. Just a scar or a "reminder" if you will.
I did however, get sprayed by a boat/waterskier when I was about 7 years old fishing with my Dad. I can still remember the guy laughing as he did it. I was in a cove up at Silverwood with my Dad. The boat that almost hit us was your typical slow bubble deck with lots of chrome on the motor. Well, those fockers nearly hit us. We were soaked in our lil 13 ft. anchored Valco. After doing a little bit of mopping up, Dad started up that 15 Johnson and we raced on over to where the "wanna be fast" Jet boat was beached. Yes, their motor was HOT!!!
You should have heard that big block crackling when Dad threw buckets of cold water all over it!!!! You should have seen the cloud of steam!!!
The dudes were in so much disbelief they didn't know what to do except stand there.
Case at point, we never saw them again. They learned their lesson and no small animals were injured.
Mow,
Wicky

dschifan
09-09-2006, 04:28 PM
CASE in point if you can hit these fockers with a lure then they are too close and there is nothing wrong with doing that...check out my thread
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126848
i am so sick of these dummies

Chipster27
09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Just curious, what do those $22K blue book for now? :crossx:
LOL!!! :rolleyes:
OC Merrill - No worries. Seriously I wave at most people in boats and respect the boating community as a whole. I just get a little spun up when every MOFO is predjudice against PWCs. Yeah it's Hot Boat so it's your play ground and your rules. I've seen my share of a-hole on PWCs and boats. FYI, my Doos run high 60s and can beat "most" v-hulls. I'm smart enough not to mess with the tunnels, but it sure is fun to see them turn it up! You guys with the tunnels have some sweet @ss boats!
Forkin' Crazy, who cares what they BB for now. I paid $22k last year and could have bought a number of boats for the same money. They are paid for, and I'm not going to have to sell them next year to put food on my table or pay for my house.
And yes people have spent more on their motors than I spent on these. Jeez an Ilmor is probably $40k and god knows what an 800 HP teague goes for :220v: .Good for them, I chose to let my money make more money than let it depreciate on toys. What did you pay for your "Fork" and what's it worth today? I bet I have significantly less depreciation than you (or the original owner) has on your boat, and the difference continues to make money for me so that next year when Andy "adjustable mortgage" has to sell his crap I'll buy it for a song.
Just don't hate all PWC owners, we're not all jack asses!

Chipster27
09-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Under your user name it's stated "Turning in front of you" :D :D :D Exactly what we all complain about the most! :) :) :)
I know... :rollside: that's why I put it there :) Seriously most PWC riders scare me too. :mad: About 20 years ago I had a guy on a wetbike (anyone remember those) hook a left in front of me on Perris. I had no where to go and t-boned him. It's probably that experience that stuck with me and raised my awareness of all watercraft.

Kim Hanson
09-09-2006, 08:14 PM
It's for real..........( . )( . ).....catch and release, is the best way :crossx: .......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72funnyboatshitliftingpowr.jpg

W.O.T
09-09-2006, 08:45 PM
most of those jet skiers are definitely something to watch out for. they dont just cruise in a straight line like most boats. their always cutting and weaving around the river which makes things a little dangerous especially while passing. but there sure are alot of boaters that have no concept of saftey or other people. i also dont like alot of wakeboard boaters. seems like every time im hanging out in a cove or on the river one or two will come haulin ass by on purpose to show off and do a trick like i give a fock! with a little jet boat those wakes can be dangerous! just be a defensive driver there are to many idiots out there. i also think part of a boating saftey course should just be launching. i wish people would practice backing up before taking 10 mins to launch their boats and pwc

W.O.T
09-09-2006, 09:06 PM
anyone with half decent credit can go down to the bike shop and finance one for 100$ a month or whatever and they have something that goes 70mph with zero experience=recipe for disaster.

riverroyal
09-10-2006, 08:52 AM
its the operator,30% to 40% of pwc on the water arent the owners driving.
Pwc get loaned all day,theres no training,no learning curve,just give it gas and go...Not all pwc owners are bad,some dont wanna get run over by a 6000 pound boat.

Biglue
09-10-2006, 12:27 PM
We were in Parker and there was a PWC riding and jumping our wake and getting within 20-30 feet of us and it was making me nervous since my friend let me take the wheel of his new boat. As we make the turn on the river headed to Buckskin I look out to see where this guy is and I see he's going to come around on my left so I start slowing down. Well this focking genius decides he wants to still jump our wake and gets behind us again.....even after I slowed down. He realized I slowed down finally and he came around my left again and had the nerve to raise his hand and give me the "WTF" look on his face. Get this the whole time he had a passenger riding with him. Prior to him almost hitting us I actually just kept the boat on plane to let this dumbass get away from us because he was all over the place. He wasn't looking before he made his turns.....the whole nine.
That same trip, we were hanging out across from Roadrunner's and another PWC rider being a hot shot launched his PWC out of the water and lost it. That thing came down hard and he fell real hard too. The PWC still had enough momentum it went and smacked into someone's dock just up river from Roadrunners. I mean the sound it made coming back down onto the water and the crash into the dock was load enough to be heard across river. Another PWC picked him up and took him out of the center of the river. He took a few minutes to get back on his PWC. He was apparently hurt and or winded. Who knows, the first slap we heard could have been his ass flopping on the water. LOL

Sherpa
09-10-2006, 12:42 PM
It's for real..........( . )( . ).....catch and release, is the best way :crossx: .......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72funnyboatshitliftingpowr.jpg
I don't care who ya are, that right thar is funny-!
I have a close freind who fishes semi-pro.......... he can put a lure in a
hoola-hoop sized space from about 30 yards every time..........
he can put a 3-treble hooked lure into a jetskier from probably 40 yards...
--He usually doesn't have to "catch and release" too often though........
--Sherpa

Watchdog
09-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I finally have to butt in and put in my 2c. worth. I have been boating for 40 years, I own a 48' cruiser, a pickle fork tunnel hull drag boat, a 23' ski boat, and 2 wave runners, I have a 6 pack captains license,,so I have a little experience,,I have seen fools on PWC, fools in ski boats, people who have no business in fast jet boats, people who are dangerous in 40' - 50' cruisers, and the absolutely craziest fishermen in 250 hp 90 mph bass boats, so fools are not limited to just jet skis. People lose their senses when they get in watercraft. But now,,they are outnumbered by the educated and courteous boaters on all the different types I named, so you cannot just put all "lake lice" in a group together.

Wicky
09-11-2006, 05:16 AM
you cannot just put all "lake lice" in a group together.
OooooooKay. Whatever you say!!
I guess we have lake lice or stupid lake lice then!! Unfortunately, the majority are stupid!!
Hooooook Uppppppp!!!!!

a catered life
09-11-2006, 05:42 AM
lake lice are not my problem its the ass that "generally" rides it...so many parents allow their untrained teens and half drunk friends just get on and go.......i have rode a few in my day and made a point to steer clear of boats any size.....jet ski rides have just a much rights to enjoy the water i just feel many of them need to pay more attention to what they are doing :p