PDA

View Full Version : If you complain do you get better service?

Mandelon
09-08-2006, 02:18 PM
We were supposed to start a mold remediation project at a dentist's office today. Start time was 3:30 on a Friday afternoon, and then work over the weekend and nights so we don't interrupt the patients....The office manager called the our project super to talk about the job.
She tells him to be there at 3:00 sharp. He says he can't get there that early, but can be there by 3:30. Ok, she says.
She immediately calls the property manager, ( who hired us) to complain about the rude and unreasonable contractor.....
Anyway I bet you can guess where we won't be at 3:30 today.... :idea: :cool:
If they are going to be that difficult before we even start, imagine how they will be after the mess and noise is going on.....:rolleyes: The property manager said he wished he could pass on the job too.. :p

Sleek-Jet
09-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Anybody that starts in on me automatically gets pushed to the next day... "sorry, all our crews are busy today, probably won't be able to make it out till tomorrow afternoon..."
Now, if someone is nice and pleasent... yeah, I'll do a little extra to help them out.
I tire of dealing with rude people...

DILLIGAF
09-08-2006, 02:33 PM
We just got a call from a customer that blew us off a year ago. They owed us money and could not understand a maintenance contract is like an insurance policy but the one they had did not cover adds. moves or changes. Well, actually it was mutual as they were total assholes with all of their accusations. We bent over backwards for them without even having any contractual obligations prior to them insisting that we provide them with a maintenance contract. So now they need service and want us to do the job. Bought their additional components off of the internet to save a couple of dollars and berated us for our remote maintenance charges before the work was even done. We have no obligations to them in the least and they want to berate my employees? Not going to happen and they can go jump off a cliff. I just sent them a copy of the last email between us so there is no mis-communication this time.
Yes, I handled it professionally and did not stoop to their level of name calling, etc. I have to admit, it felt awfully good to tell them "Thanks but no thanks".
:)

JB in so cal
09-08-2006, 02:39 PM
I think you can complain about a meal to your wait staff without worrying :rolleyes: Go ahead and send it back; good stuff.

Her454
09-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I think you can complain about a meal to your wait staff without worrying :rolleyes: Go ahead and send it back; good stuff.
If ya dont mind spit in your food. :rollside:

OCMerrill
09-08-2006, 02:49 PM
We are in a simular line of work. Not so much mold but restoration none the same. I am a certified remediator but shy away from the work as the issues abound. We do total property maint. and repair on the HOA / Property Management Level. What you describe happens all the time. My property managers know me and can sense the untrue situations but in some cases I have to write a response to the complaint. Some people just suck.
Trying to put an entire downstairs of a condo back together in one day is just not possible. This was the last complaint.
I will grin and bear it 99% of the time to keep the managers happy but there are times.... :mad:
We were supposed to start a mold remediation project at a dentist's office today. Start time was 3:30 on a Friday afternoon, and then work over the weekend and nights so we don't interrupt the patients....The office manager called the our project super to talk about the job.
She tells him to be there at 3:00 sharp. He says he can't get there that early, but can be there by 3:30. Ok, she says.
She immediately calls the property manager, ( who hired us) to complain about the rude and unreasonable contractor.....
If they are going to be that difficult before we even start, imagine how they will be after the mess and noise is going on.....:rolleyes: The property manager said he wished he could pass on the job too.. :p

ratso
09-08-2006, 04:04 PM
As of 330 today we walked off of a 2 million dollar reno.....you wanna whine....FU.....
...and immediately started drinking??? :rolleyes:

centerhill condor
09-08-2006, 04:41 PM
it was happy hour!
I do the sales/service and pick my clients. I've had some clients quit me for whatever reason...corporate contracts, too expensive, etc.. and I part well enough to get the business back at about 10-20% more money. my clients call me "easy money"...kinda like that!

Ziggy
09-08-2006, 04:43 PM
whiners bite......

TCN
09-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Do your customers get better service if they complain?????????

Mandelon
09-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Do your customers get better service if they complain?????????
It won't get them a bunch of stuff they weren't supposed to get in the first place if that's what you mean..... :rolleyes:
My point was that its better to not take on a project that will turn out to be problematic.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-08-2006, 06:18 PM
It won't get them a bunch of stuff they weren't supposed to get in the first place if that's what you mean..... :rolleyes:
My point was that its better to not take on a project that will turn out to be problematic.
agree 100% the problems just get worse. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-08-2006, 06:22 PM
i was going to do/start(lath) this guys house the other day,showed up 3 times,rolled out ready to start (on his call)sorry i'm not ready(FOCKED UP OWNER BUILDER),then he starts "my freind (a lather)down in LV"say's "do it this way""do it that way" :mad: :crossx: so i say" LET YOUR FRIEND DO IT"c ya mofo :rollside:
LMAO!! I love it when we give an estimate and the customers says. My Handyman can do it for such and such. Jamie tells them they are not comparing apples to apples. So have your handyman do it with no lic or ins. :crossx: Then see where he is in a year when you have a problem. :220v: :p :p

BOBALOO
09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
LMAO!! I love it when we give an estimate and the customers says. My Handyman can do it for such and such. Jamie tells them they are not comparing apples to apples. So have your handyman do it with no lic or ins. :crossx: Then see where he is in a year when you have a problem. :220v: :p :p
How about when you hire a plumber that has a hot "employee" and he wont send her out to check the "plumbing". :crossx:
Will I get anywhere by complaining?:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-08-2006, 07:01 PM
How about when you hire a plumber that has a hot "employee" and he wont send her out to check the "plumbing". :crossx:
Will I get anywhere by complaining?:D
ROTFLMAO!! Carlos didn't do it for you I take it. I will be there next time. :crossx: :p :p

BOBALOO
09-08-2006, 07:03 PM
ROTFLMAO!! Carlos didn't do it for you I take it. I will be there next time. :crossx: :p :p
I think I still need an "inspection" C-ya soon.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I think I still need an "inspection" C-ya soon.
I can inspect the pipes. :) :p

rmarion
09-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I had an owner asked for their pricing to be broken down 3 ways, mat, labor & demo.
The owner had the audasity to state, she could not believe some contractors will markup there sub-contractor pricing with their own O/P. Then stated the same about materials markup.
Which I politely claimed, your correct, you can hire the demo contractor, go to your local Home Depo and then installing the F-ing material yourself. Have a Great Day.
That call made my day......... :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
09-08-2006, 10:03 PM
I had an owner asked for their pricing to be broken down 3 ways, mat, labor & demo.
The owner had the audasity to state, she could not believe some contractors will markup there sub-contractor pricing with their own O/P. Then stated the same about materials markup.
Which I politely claimed, your correct, you can hire the demo contractor, go to your local Home Depo and then installing the F-ing material yourself. Have a Great Day.
That call made my day......... :crossx:
I tell my custmers up front that I mark up paint 10% over my cost. 90% of the time they ask why. I always tell them the same thing.
"2 reasons: 1 It cost time and money to go pick up the paint and 2 It pays for the tools.( brushes, roller cover, drops and etc)" A several times I have been asked, "what if I buy the paint" "it will cost you about 30% more then I will charge you for it." Also since my bids change on grade of paint being used the labor price will change depends on what you bought. For example if you are changing colors it will actaully cost you MORE to buy the cheapest( or crappy brand hd/lowes) paint then if you buy high med- high grade.
I have a feeling like its going to be a "long" job for you Mandelon. You could always drop a line to the custmers of that office about the mold.... I am sure they will be over joyed to hear that thier denists office is full of mold...