PDA

View Full Version : Sierra by Forrest River

TCN
09-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Anybody have any issues with this brand? Good or bad. We have a chance to get a 25' toy hauler for what seems to be a good price. 2004 loaded for around 15,000. Thanks, Nick

Pheelin Phroggy
09-08-2006, 04:55 PM
We had one, a fiully loaded 2005, had it for one year, in the shop 4 times, never did get everything fixed, finally just sold it for 14k to get rid of it. Alot of leaks, fuel station kept going out, stereo never worked right, had to replace the roof....... the factory's explanation was " well, every now and then someone gets a lemon"
If you buy used, and they have had everything fixed, they are probably pretty nice.

Jetdriver
09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Have the Sand Piper and the thing is flawless so far. Also there customer service is top notch.

Boomhowers
09-08-2006, 05:21 PM
We have the T31 with the slide and the garage and the only issue we have had with it was the fuel station.. seems that they put the wrong seals in the pump. I have to have the main oring to the pump replaced but other than that It has been a great trailer. .

TCN
09-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the reply's. The one we are looking at has a fuel station so I will ask the seller about any problems with it or service history.

CHEETER-JOE
09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
I have the '04 SP38 fifth wheel and have had no problems at all.

JESSE
09-08-2006, 07:16 PM
we had a 04 21' and now a 06 28'. never any probs with the 04 the 06 had some shore power probs some switch they had went to a new company for
when i took it back they told me what happen and put the switch from the old company in it and has been fine. the new switch didn't go in untail 06 so the one you are looking at would not have that prob.i have been happy with
both trailers and when they had to fix mine they had it for less then a week

TCN
09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Sweet. Going to look at it on Sunday am.

talbert450r
09-08-2006, 08:27 PM
If you want to haul anything heavy do yourself a favor and buy a Weekend Warrior. Much better built trailer. :)

Danhercules
09-09-2006, 12:59 AM
I had a 2000 30' Wildwood, and now have a 2004 32' Sierra. Have had no major problems with either. Well, tires, and I just got 5 new tires shipped to me. I will buy another Forrest River product.
Dont get me started on a Weekend Warrior. Lots of friends that have nothing but problems.

Redneck
09-09-2006, 10:13 AM
we have a 2006 sierra 29 ft and we have had the refridgerator, genearator, airconditioner, sterero (2times) fueling station all replaced. We have had something go wrong everytime we have went out in it. First trip no refridgerator and the last trip at 110 the air would not work. I am not happy with mine

catman-do
09-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Ive got two sandpipers (same as Sierra). One is a T28SP 2004 that Im selling for 17500 right now (or whatever payoff is at the time). The only problem ive ever had with that one was the fuel line kinked up. Country Time in Riverside had it fixed in about 45 minutes while i waited. The new one we just bought is a F39. The only problem with this one was the automatic converter from shore power to Gen Power was a bad unit from the Manufacturer. Again Country Time Rv replaced it in about 30 minutes while i waited.
To be honest with you, every manufacturer has problems. The GearBox's have been having alot of delaminating problems with their fiberglass sides. Weekend Warriors are known for the rear bed falling out of the roof (2005 and previous), Forrest river you will get mixed opinions on, mostly depending on where you buy the unit. Carson has very thin walls, not much insulation not a great design. The Adrenaline trailers are stamps off of several other brands and are generally POS trailers.
Depending on where it is you go, and how much trailer you want for your money. I like the Sierra and Sandpiper line for price vs. quality. However you need to make arrangments with dealers to get fixes done. On the other hand Warrior costs more, but they have a repair crew that goes out to Glamis and now to Pismo and can fix the coach while you are out there. They have fixed 2 of my friends coaches on numerous occasions.

hipcash
09-09-2006, 03:47 PM
If you want to haul anything heavy do yourself a favor and buy a Weekend Warrior. Much better built trailer. :)
Do you honestly think WW is a better built trailer? WW is a nice trailer and they have great floor plans but the quality is the same as all of the other stick and staple trailers on the market. I almost bought a WW but I wasn't going to pay 5k more for the WW name.

talbert450r
09-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Do you honestly think WW is a better built trailer? WW is a nice trailer and they have great floor plans but the quality is the same as all of the other stick and staple trailers on the market. I almost bought a WW but I wasn't going to pay 5k more for the WW name.
Take a look underneath all the trailers and note the substructure. This is where Warrior has the competition beat. :rollside:

hipcash
09-09-2006, 04:20 PM
I can't say that I've climbed under a WW and looked so maybe the floor is stronger. I was very close to buying a WW but I didn't want to pay an extra 5k for the name. I bought a Next Level by Holiday Rambler. The trailer is rock solid from top to bottom.

catman-do
09-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Take a look underneath all the trailers and note the substructure. This is where Warrior has the competition beat. :rollside:
Look under the floor of my friends F375 and you will notice all the tanks missing because warrior didnt mount the tanks correctly and the brackets bent causing the grey tank to puncture... The same guys you will also notice the eyeholes torn out of the floor from the weight of his protruck as he drives back and forth on the 86... Any of the trailers in which the tiedowns are tied into the frame are going to have the same strength. Its the ones in which are just bolted through the wood floors that will have major problems. I wouldnt go worshiping WW, they by far arent the best trailer out there. Customer service is good, but the trailer i cant say the same for. From a quality standpoint I would look at santek's. Expensive, and not the best looking but for quality no one can beat them... Next in line would be the Alfa Toyhouse.... Great layouts, strong frame, strong cabinets, and most functionality (if you dont own a rail).

BLOWN HOWARD
09-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Had mine almost 2yrs now and no problems. Have friends with Gear Box, Weekend Warrior, Ragen, and my oppinion for the money you can not beat a Forrest River for the money hands down.