PDA

View Full Version : Boat Bling Charity Golf Tournament!!

roln 20s
09-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Here is some prelim details...let me know your thoughts!
We are in the process of planning the First Annual Boat Bling Charity Golf Tournament -- to be held at The Refuge in Lake Havasu City on December 2nd. This will be a shotgun start (limited to 120 people) at around 8am. Lunch will follow at the 19th hole. Estimated cost is $100 per person which would include your green fee, cart, lunch, gift bag and a 20% donation to a local Havasu/River Valley Charity (TBD). This should be complete by 2pm to give you plenty of time to get ready or launch your boat for the HAVASU Parade of Lights show in the Channel. Just a great way to enjoy your boat friends, the lake, great golf and a fun December weekend.
The list of sponsors is in the works along with donations. The majority of the sponsorship money will go directly to the Charity choosen. This is a non-profit event--all proceeds will go directly to the Charity.
If I get my wish, there will be a NEW boat to anyone who gets a HOLE in ONE!
Questions:
Would you be interested?
Any suggestions you have- please let me know!
As a note--I am working out the details of potential "***boat.COM" beer girls every few holes :)
So many of us have the fortune to spend our time in Lake Havasu- we just want to create a fun, offseason event to help out the community.
Thanks,
Patrick
cell 602-312-4550
patrick@boatbling.net

Havasu1986
09-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Great Idea, but my snowbirds will be there by then. Oct. would work for me.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Oct. would work for me.
October is actually a bad month for golf as the courses along the river are overseeding at that time.

LakeRacer
09-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Patrick,
If you decide to do this sign me up.

TOBTEK
09-08-2006, 09:39 PM
im in! just name the date! maybe I can finally get a "BOAT BLING" shirt :crossx:

Ultracrazy
09-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Here is some prelim details...let me know your thoughts!
We are in the process of planning the First Annual Boat Bling Charity Golf Tournament -- to be held at The Refuge in Lake Havasu City on December 2nd. This will be a shotgun start (limited to 120 people) at around 8am. Lunch will follow at the 19th hole. Estimated cost is $100 per person which would include your green fee, cart, lunch, gift bag and a 20% donation to a local Havasu/River Valley Charity (TBD). This should be complete by 2pm to give you plenty of time to get ready or launch your boat for the HAVASU Parade of Lights show in the Channel. Just a great way to enjoy your boat friends, the lake, great golf and a fun December weekend.
The list of sponsors is in the works along with donations. The majority of the sponsorship money will go directly to the Charity choosen. This is a non-profit event--all proceeds will go directly to the Charity.
If I get my wish, there will be a NEW boat to anyone who gets a HOLE in ONE!
Questions:
Would you be interested?
Any suggestions you have- please let me know!
As a note--I am working out the details of potential "***boat.COM" beer girls every few holes :)
So many of us have the fortune to spend our time in Lake Havasu- we just want to create a fun, offseason event to help out the community.
Thanks,
Patrick
cell 602-312-4550
patrick@boatbling.net
Does it have to be on a Saturday?? I'm in either way and I can get a foursome easy. And the price sounds right...........
Steve

Riveratz
09-09-2006, 05:31 AM
Sounds like fun to me!

INSman
09-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Great idea Patrick and the NEW BOAT idea for a hole-in-one should be pretty easy, just a matter of buying some insurance:
http://www.holeinoneinsurance.com/?gclid=CPC4uvrooIcCFTIzGAodCxjo8w
http://www.hio.com/

djunkie
09-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Great Idea, but my snowbirds will be there by then. Oct. would work for me.
Same here. Maybe I'll have to look into renting something myself. :( :(

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Same here. Maybe I'll have to look into renting something myself. :( :(
come on you BALLER.... the agave is forsale, you need a few more solid investments anyway :) ya think any golfcart will get thrashed this day???

djunkie
09-09-2006, 01:10 PM
come on you BALLER.... the agave is forsale, you need a few more solid investments anyway :) ya think any golfcart will get thrashed this day???
Lets just say I've been known to break a golf cart or 2 in my day. Drove one in the lake at my grandparents condo in Palms Springs once too. That was an interesting night. :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu1986
09-09-2006, 01:15 PM
What format will you be playing 4 man scramble?

RVRKID
09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a great time, sign me up for at least one foursome maybe 2.
Suggestion: since it's an AM tourni have 2 Vodka bar holes, serving bloodys, screwdrivers and greyhounds. One on the front one on the back.

al cole'holic
09-09-2006, 02:09 PM
...I'm in, sponsorship maybe as well!
Suggestions....put it together like the AVN/Free Speech tourney we have every year, chickies at every other hole with drinks/photo's opportunity! :crossx:
I am sure you can get any boat company to put up a hole in one boat if you don't mind paying the insurance on it..I've put bikes up before, but its a healthy amount of $$.
I think me an HH were putting a golf tourney together like 5 years ago that never hapened... :boxed:

Todd969
09-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Count me in this fiasco. :rollside:

roln 20s
09-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the great words and suggestions everyone.
This date is a Saturday, Dec 2nd--to be confirmed soon.
Plans are for a Best Ball, Scramble format or ____ format.
I will provide some more sponsorship info shortly-- thanks al cole'holic.
Yes, the HOLE IN ONE will definitely be insured :) :D
Yes, I will be including many of the top players among the Havasu area and ***boating Community nationally. A complete list of sponsors, prizes and awards will be listed soon.
More info to come by weeks end.
Thanks,
Patrick

Kilrtoy
09-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Don't know jack shit about golf, BUT I /we can help you out if you need

Throttle
09-10-2006, 11:14 PM
did someone say JACK?
I dont golf either but I am an ok golf cart driver... :idea:
Ice blocking too!

Havasu_Dreamin
09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
*****NEWS FLASH*****
Just confirmed, Hole-In-One contest. A hole-in-one on one of the par 3 holes will bring the lucky golfer a brand new 2007 Ultra Custom Boats 26 Shadow Deck.

OutCole'd
09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Is the foot wedge going to be allowed?

Havasu_Dreamin
09-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Is the foot wedge going to be allowed?
Only if you can kick it from the tee-box to the green. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
09-11-2006, 06:42 PM
*****NEWS FLASH*****
Just confirmed, Hole-In-One contest. A hole-in-one on one of the par 3 holes will bring the lucky golfer a brand new 2007 Ultra Custom Boats 26 Shadow Deck.
Bump.....

pattymelt18
09-11-2006, 06:51 PM
hell im ready for this thing sounds great. :)

andy01
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Im in, just say when I will be there!! e-mail me when you get it all together.... andy871@msn.com or pm me!
Don't know jack shit about golf, BUT I /we can help you out if you need
You can come and be my caddy....... :)

Havasu_Dreamin
09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Im in, just say when I will be there!! e-mail me when you get it all together.... andy871@msn.com or pm me!
Date is Saturday December 2.

nodigg
09-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Sounds like fun. I can't golf worth a shite but I have a set of clubs to break. Put me on the list.

Ivan Dan
09-11-2006, 08:53 PM
*****NEWS FLASH*****
Go ahead and have John make the boat up with Red, metallic silver, and gun metal gray's....tell him I will shoot over my designs next week so its ready for me to pick up after I nail the hole in one. :crossx: :p :cool: :D
Count me in and I'm sure I can come up with a 4 some or 2 no problem!
Patrick....keep me in the loop with the sponsorship dealio and I would like to be involved.

roln 20s
09-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Sounds great everyone--seems like its going to be a full crew hittin the links. I hope to have registration and the official flyer ready within the next couple of weeks. I should have sponsorship info together by next week--there will be numerous opportunities--as of now-- the most expensive option is $500. This may change :)
Thanks again for the support--can't wait to get everyone out there.
Special thanks to John West and Ultra Custom Boats for immediately stepping up and offering a boat for the HOLE IN ONE prize :) :D And Dan, I'll let him know to expect your graphics soon :)
Patrick

Kilrtoy
09-11-2006, 11:15 PM
You can come and be my caddy....... :)
As long as you have a gold cart and a full cooler LETS GO

DCBDaytona
09-12-2006, 05:52 AM
As long as you have a gold cart and a full cooler LETS GO
I'm in...Hey Mig, want to place a friendly wager on this round of stick?

AirtimeLavey
09-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Just might be able to bring a 4 some ( or a least a couple players)...sounds like fun. :cool:

chub
09-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I 'd love to work on a foursome................I mean I can get four to play!
Oh yeah fockers, I've hit a hole in one and have the trophy to prove it and used to own an ULTRA and would love another one.
Could this be my lucky day????? :crossx:

NautiTwins
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I could get at least on foursome. Count me in.

pixilatedpussy
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey Patrick, I think Mr Pixilated & Mr NicenHOtt will be interested in joining! ( iIf we are not in soccer playoffs ) If I need anymore info, please PM me. I can donate something from our shop if you like??? Maybe I will put together a nice basket. :) Tina

INSman
09-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey Patrick, I think Mr Pixilated & Mr NicenHOtt will be interested in joining! ( iIf we are not in soccer playoffs ) If I need anymore info, please PM me. I can donate something from our shop if you like??? Maybe I will put together a nice basket. :) Tina
A Line-X treatment might be nice !!??!! :cool:
How much do you charge HB memebers for that anyway ?

Jrocket
09-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Special thanks to John West and Ultra Custom Boats for immediately stepping up and offering a boat for the HOLE IN ONE prize :) :D
Patrick
Entry fee's just went up to 60k a head?! LOL

phebus
09-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Tina, I can pass on that donation I PM'd you about.

Kilrtoy
09-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm in...Hey Mig, want to place a friendly wager on this round of stick?
What putting them all the way down I have already won that one....
YOUR SCARED

roln 20s
09-27-2006, 09:36 PM
well...its FINALIZED--event is on December 2nd, shotgun start at 8:30am. The registration will be available by next week. Know any one else that can benefit from a sponsorship showing off their 2007 products...let me know and I'll get a sponsorship package available.
Thanks again,
Patrick

Riverat84
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
im down! count me in...ive been golfing my whole life and would love to participate...f' sho...
Reid

RVRKID
09-28-2006, 07:54 AM
The registration will be available by next week
Is there going to be a website up or are you going to just post it on here?

Havasu_Dreamin
09-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Is there going to be a website up or are you going to just post it on here?
I believe the plan is to link off of the Boat Bling (http://www.boatbling.net/) site or the Boat Bling on-line store (https://boatbling.net/store/)

RVRKID
10-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Any updates on the tourni??

thom
10-13-2006, 10:48 AM
let me know what you need for prizes.. i can probably come up with something... It would be PING of course..

Havasu_Dreamin
10-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Cross-post for Patrick
Well, sorry for the delay, but the tournament is a go and registration is open. There are numerous opportunities for sponsorship available as well (info is available on the link).
Click on the profile page and click the "Boat Bling Golf Tournament"- you will need to register INDIVIDUALLY but can request 3 other people to be in your foursome. When you provide the other people to complete your foursome, please include their first and last name. Once you register for the Golf Tournament, you will be directed to our online store to purchase your registration. If you are not a customer on the Boat Bling website currently, you will need to provide email and password and register on the site. YES--I appologize but you WILL need to register for the tournament and the online store separately.
NOTE-- if someone requests you to be in their foursome and you DO NOT individually register for the event--you are NOT registered. You will receive a confirmation when you register. LIMIT to 100 players- register early - first come, first serve.
Cost of the tournament is $100 each-- it includes your round of golf, cart, lunch, gift bag, raffle tickets for prizes and a donation to the charity of the event.
Charity of Choice for 2006: Pat Tinnell Memorial Fund (Havasu resident killed in Iraq)
Remember-- get a HOLE IN ONE and win a new 2007 Ultra Custom Boats 26 ShadowDeck Thanks again Ultra.
After the event, please enjoy the Parade of Lights in the Channel.
If you have any questions, please let me know patrick@boatbling.net
Thanks and look forward to a great day of golf-- all for a great cause.
Patrick