PDA

View Full Version : Fighter jets in the 909!

TRG
09-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Did anyone catch the fly over just north of the 10 fwy today roughly about 12-1:00PM (not too sure about the time) i was standing outside of my shop talking with the neighbor and two jets (?of the model of plane) flew over pretty close heading due west toward LA, and about a min later two more came by just "GETTIN IT!" in the same pattern (LA) made me kinda nervous but in any event,....it was insane!....Oh!, and the four planes were LOADED DOWN!
:crossx:
Todd

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-08-2006, 08:17 PM
we live 6 miles away from LAX. We has about the same time about 10 fire engines and swat and police cars going down sepulveda blvd. lights , sirens, horns bells and whistles. But I haven't heard about anything.

FASTJTBT
09-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I Was On My Job Site Heard Them And Looked Up They Were Loaded Up With Some Big Stuff.

talbert450r
09-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Drove by LAX today on Imperial and saw 4 fighter jets on the tarmac. :crossx:

mbrown2
09-08-2006, 08:33 PM
President coming to town?

Badger301
09-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Maybe some sort of exercise/training related to the anniversary of 9/11

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-08-2006, 08:57 PM
you probably hit it on the head. They may be preparing for the anniversary.

TRG
09-08-2006, 09:12 PM
all i know is i was stokked to see them planes bustin ass! could you imagine the rush of knowing how many people were staring up at you as you were hustling westbound above the 10fwy, whether it be an exercise or rushing to the aid? its also amazing that the news or any other media outlet mentioned not one word of this today,...knowing how many heads looked up and saw this? interesting...

Ryphraph
09-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I saw them from In-And-Out on Foothill in Upland. I thought they were doing a fly-over for the Fair opening... Who knows?
Ryph

Rexone
09-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Last weekend 2 F117's made a couple circles right over my house, up over the mountains and came back around a went right out the 210 E pretty low.
Very :cool:

socalmoney
09-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't care how cool people think they are, fighter pilots are the shiznit. I was watching this insane show on the George Washington Carrier. I couldn't help but to think, those piolts have to really keep their egos in check. Basically everyone on that ship and all that money being spent is for those guys to have the ability to scamble quickly and kick some ass anywhere in the world. That is pretty cool to have like 5k crew members and a billion dollar ***boat helping you do your job.

SummitKarl
09-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Last weekend 2 F117's made a couple circles right over my house, up over the mountains and came back around a went right out the 210 E pretty low.
Very :cool:
that was the fly over for NASCAR

Hal
09-08-2006, 10:57 PM
The races were last week end.... :) they are in Richmond this week.

boatsnblondes
09-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Most likely F16's oughta March.

PBOCOP
09-09-2006, 12:04 AM
It was for the LA County Fair opening. Swartznegger left LAX with the convoy and they had the planes loaded down and ready just in case when he went to the Fair. No problems, so they hit it full speed back home !

dmontzsta
09-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Fighter jets are definately bitchen! We get alot of them out here, I am right next to March AFB and they flow right over my street, all the big cargo planes too, it is the crazy just how big they are.
I will never forget the time the blue angels flew right over us, within 100' and we could see the flames coming from the back, it was nuts.

ratso
09-09-2006, 06:17 AM
...we get that a lot living by Bush in Crawford. Fighter Jet Pilots by far have the coolest jobs.

MudPumper
09-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Did anyone catch the fly over just north of the 10 fwy today roughly about 12-1:00PM (not too sure about the time) i was standing outside of my shop talking with the neighbor and two jets (?of the model of plane) flew over pretty close heading due west toward LA, and about a min later two more came by just "GETTIN IT!" in the same pattern (LA) made me kinda nervous but in any event,....it was insane!....Oh!, and the four planes were LOADED DOWN!
:crossx:
Todd
I heard they were on a super secret 909 trailer trash erratication mission and your place was on the list but they got diverted at the last second for a priority mission at the Fair. LOL :crossx: :220v:

RitcheyRch
09-09-2006, 07:50 AM
A few weeks back (2) F22's left the Palmdale airport with their afterburners on. Sure was an awesome sight. See F117's leaving there on a regular basis.

SHOTKALLIN
09-09-2006, 09:00 AM
In Moreno Valley jets always get your attention. They are always taking off from March. You see them all the time but you still stop what you are doing and stare. They are the shizzle.

Kilrtoy
09-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Driving back home on the40 thursday I saw a flash in the air a few miles ahead of me, and i realized it was two military jets and the next thing you know they blew past me about 1000' of the deck and were gone....
It was bad ass, i just figured some type of training, this was right past the last rest stop e/b on the 40

Desert Rat
09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
We were at Cottonwood cove this June and one of the older ladies there had her son and his wingman give one hell of a show right over the top of us in there F16's. VERY cool!! Had a A6 roll over me at about 300' on the 15 heading to Vegas about three years ago. I'm in the truck whoopin and the wife is bitchin because the thing made her almost sh!t her pants. Living out in the valley and working at Edwards makes most of the things somewhat mundane, hell I don't think I even notice the sonic booms any more. But there is nothing like looking out your front window and seeing a B2 up on edge making a tight turn... Friggen awesome!!! :crossx:

voodoomedman
09-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Driving back home on the40 thursday I saw a flash in the air a few miles ahead of me, and i realized it was two military jets and the next thing you know they blew past me about 1000' of the deck and were gone....
It was bad ass, i just figured some type of training, this was right past the last rest stop e/b on the 40
Ummmmmmmmmm what were you doing on the 40? You always say how you hate the 15 and 40 and that you only take Rice Road!

Old Man Havasu
09-09-2006, 02:35 PM
We were at Cottonwood cove this June and one of the older ladies there had her son and his wingman give one hell of a show right over the top of us in there F16's. VERY cool!! Had a A6 roll over me at about 300' on the 15 heading to Vegas about three years ago. I'm in the truck whoopin and the wife is bitchin because the thing made her almost sh!t her pants. Living out in the valley and working at Edwards makes most of the things somewhat mundane, hell I don't think I even notice the sonic booms any more. But there is nothing like looking out your front window and seeing a B2 up on edge making a tight turn... Friggen awesome!!! :crossx:
I was coming back from Ridgecrest south on the 395 mid-week on a business trip. Two F-18's came around this ridge head on to me. I started flashing my bright lights for the hell of it and both planes went nose down towards me. I was alone in the middle of the road and slowed hard got out and gave two thumbs up waving. Both planes cranked a hard 180 and came over again wagging wings. It was an awesome personal airshow.
I would have love to have the camera phone I have now!!
Remember 9/11

Desert Rat
09-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I was coming back from Ridgecrest south on the 395 mid-week on a business trip. Two F-18's came around this ridge head on to me. I started flashing my bright lights for the hell of it and both planes went nose down towards me. I was alone in the middle of the road and slowed hard got out and gave two thumbs up waving. Both planes cranked a hard 180 and came over again wagging wings. It was an awesome personal airshow.
I would have love to have the camera phone I have now!!
Remember 9/11
What color were the F18s?? Gray would be the Navy out of China Lake, White with a stripe on the side that is Blue Angel blue would be one of mine from NASA :crossx:

bignet
09-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Didn't see the jets, but I did see the 3 Apache helicopters cruising down the 10 freeway...pretty impressive and scary at the same time.
bignet

Playbuoy
09-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Flyovers are one of the most patriotic and emotionally charged things u can experience.
Wifey and I were just a click south of Cottonwood (doesn't exist any more) on July 3 and had two Apache helicopters see us waving at them about a half mile out. They dropped to 100' and flew right over us with a thumps up. Coolest thing....makes ya feel so proud to be an American.
Armed Forces rock!

wsuwrhr
09-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Flyovers are one of the most patriotic and emotionally charged things u can experience.
Wifey and I were just a click south of Cottonwood (doesn't exist any more) on July 3 and had two Apache helicopters see us waving at them about a half mile out. They dropped to 100' and flew right over us with a thumps up. Coolest thing....makes ya feel so proud to be an American.
Armed Forces rock!
Now that would be pretty awesome.
Brian

VanDeano
09-11-2006, 02:05 AM
I was on the water in Long Beach Sunday night and heard a few up above just after sunset.