PDA

View Full Version : What Languages Do You Speak?

Trailer Park Casanova
09-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I was watching the Discovery channel, and they were showing American Indian Tribes and American Indian Nations that have written Languages.
They told of the advantages it brought to the tribes. A bfd.
The wife and I were walking through the train station, when 3 attractive German girls walked up to us trying to get directions.
Amtrack really sux,, brutally hard to find your train, and no help from the employees, they ask us too.
The girls had no grasp of english at all.
Alice says she doesn't speak any foreign languages "anymore" (she's spoke them her whole life), but she quickly picked up the girls linga, and rapped off in German what they needed to know.
They were stunned and really appreciative.
Another time at a German restaurant beer garden,, some Germans we talking some raunchy but good sex suggestions about the awsum bartenders.
The chix bartenders and servers wore very low cut short dresses. All very good looking girls.
Alice quietly translated from German to French to the girl bartenders what the guys were saying. Pretty cool x rated stuff, give ya a woodie just listening to the translation,, and the bartenders & servers reacted in a hilarious way.
Funny as hell actually. It was a great nite. Took quite some time for the Germans to figure out they were being translated.
What languages do you speak??

Forkin' Crazy
09-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Ebunix. :crossx:

Kim Hanson
09-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I speak focked up Engrish, some good shit talking ability's though :p ............( . )( . )............

RitcheyRch
09-09-2006, 07:46 AM
American Sign Language (ASL).

LUVNLIFE
09-09-2006, 07:49 AM
American :notam: :rollside:

GHT
09-09-2006, 07:52 AM
There is such thing as Language other than English???
I don't think so......

Boatcop
09-09-2006, 07:55 AM
The Cherokees are the only Native American people to have their own written language. Sequoyah (http://www.cherokee.org/home.aspx?section=culture&culture=culinfo&cat=gV4q5zmQTuw=&ID=SWAHfDHmWs4=) developed it in the early 1800s. BTW, Sequoyah was a distant cousin to my wife.
All others transfer the "sounds" of their language to English alphabet.
In addition to my poor English, I speak pretty good Hawaiian, picked up after living over there for several years.

Keith E. Sayre
09-09-2006, 08:04 AM
I speak fluent spanish. I lived in Concepcion Chile for 2 years. After that in
college, my brother and I could carry on a conversation whenever we wanted and usually get away with it. I've also sat here in my office listening to customers talk about how they were going to grind on the price of the boat
or some option they want for free etc. I just smile and never say a word until after it's all over. Then as they're leaving, I will let them know that I
speak by saying something in Spanish. They are usually stunned!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

FMluvswater
09-09-2006, 08:09 AM
I was watching the Discovery channel, and they were showing American Indian Tribes and American Indian Nations that have written Languages.
The wife and I were walking through the train station, when 3 attractive German girls walked up to us trying to get directions.
Amtrack really sux,, brutally hard to find your train, and no help from the employees, they ask us too.
Alice says she doesn't speak any foreign languages "anymore", but she quickly picked up the girls linga, and rapped off in German what they needed to know.
Another time at a German restaurant beer garden,, some Germans we talking some raunchy sex suggestions about the awsum bartenders.
Alice quietly translated from German to French to the girl bartenders what the guys were saying. Pretty cool x rated stuff, and the bartenders reacted in a hilarious way.
Funny as hell actually. It was a great nite. Took quite some time for the Germans to figure out they were being translated.
French ... but not very well, anymore. My audio comprehension is worse. Written is okay. Reading I get the gist. I think I could pick it up again if I had to communicate and English wasn't an option for the other person.
My pig latin's a little ustyray ootay. :D

ratso
09-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I need to learn Spanish... Most of my customers on used cars now days seem to be Mexicans.
Ooops... I hope that wasn't a racist remark.

Bradman
09-09-2006, 08:25 AM
We had to learn to speak some Russian. We adopted a 10 year old girl from Russia who is now 12. She didn't speak a word of English when she arrived here to America. It's amazing how fast she picked up the English language. We are also making sure she retains her Russian even though she doesn't want to.

Ziggy
09-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Can speak relatively fluent German, gets easier when I use it more often. Read and write it too but at a much slower pace.

Cheap Thrills
09-09-2006, 11:06 AM
English , Redneck, Pig Latin , Jive and just enough Spanish to piss a mexican off . :D
C.T. :wink:

deltaAce
09-09-2006, 11:13 AM
English, the universal langauge, spoken in Air Trafic Control centers the world over. I also know some Japanese....Suzuki, Kawasaki, itchypussy, I meant Mitsubishi..........

Cheap Thrills
09-09-2006, 11:15 AM
English, the universal langauge, spoken in Air Trafic Control centers the world over...........
Usually on Amplitude Modulated Frequencies around 120Mhz :D
C.T. :wink:

Biglue
09-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I speak fluent spanish. I lived in Concepcion Chile for 2 years. After that in
college, my brother and I could carry on a conversation whenever we wanted and usually get away with it. I've also sat here in my office listening to customers talk about how they were going to grind on the price of the boat
or some option they want for free etc. I just smile and never say a word until after it's all over. Then as they're leaving, I will let them know that I
speak by saying something in Spanish. They are usually stunned!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Quieren todo gratis eh? LOL
I can speak read, and write Spanish. I've been in the states all my life and many Mexican folks figure me for not knowing Spanish a lot. I like proving them wrong unsuspectedly as well. LOL

Forkin' Crazy
09-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I need to learn Spanish... Most of my customers on used cars now days seem to be Mexicans.
Ooops... I hope that wasn't a racist remark.
Me too. I am fluent in ebonics... or ebunix as I call it... Racist? Maybe so. :crossx:

Forkin' Crazy
09-09-2006, 11:34 AM
English, the universal langauge, spoken in Air Trafic Control centers the world over. I also know some Japanese....Suzuki, Kawasaki, itchypussy, I meant Mitsubishi..........
LMAO!!!!! :D :D :D :D

ROZ
09-09-2006, 11:47 AM
I speak Jive. dig?

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-09-2006, 11:54 AM
I speak english and truck driver. :crossx:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
09-09-2006, 12:05 PM
American Sign Language (ASL).
ASL, Me too. :)
I love being able to talk to my girls across the room without anyone eles understanding. IE: Sit down and behave and/or I am proud of you. Depending on the situation. It's pretty nifty!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
09-09-2006, 12:07 PM
truck driver. :crossx:
Me too, on occastion! Say, for example, at the ramp at night when someone doesn't turn their head light OFF. :crossx: Oh yea, we've already been over that.

RP2
09-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Alice says she doesn't speak any foreign languages "anymore" (she's spoke them her whole life), but she quickly picked up the girls linga, and rapped off in German what they needed to know.
Another time at a German restaurant beer garden,, some Germans we talking some raunchy but good sex suggestions about the awsum bartenders.
The chix bartenders and servers wore very low cut short dresses. All very good looking girls.
Alice quietly translated from German to French to the girl bartenders what the guys were saying. Pretty cool x rated stuff, give ya a woodie just listening to the translation,, and the bartenders & servers reacted in a hilarious way.
that's odd that the German girls did not speak English. We have a Nanny that is from Germany (21) and she told us everyone from 30 yrs and below speak fluent English... it is required to graduate.
I think the girls were messn' with the TPC. :wink:

RitcheyRch
09-09-2006, 01:41 PM
I forgot some of it since been awhile but am sure would remember once started signing. I took classes at College of the Canyons (COC) in SCV.
I also speak enough Spanish to get by. Was forced to learn when Boeing sent me to Mexicali for 6 months to monitor one of their suppliers.
ASL, Me too. :)
I love being able to talk to my girls across the room without anyone eles understanding. IE: Sit down and behave and/or I am proud of you. Depending on the situation. It's pretty nifty!

PowellScooter
09-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I speak a moderate amount of Spanish, a minimal amount of German and conversational Navajo. I too enjoy hearing my customers say things they think I dont understand, and then I will reply in Navajo to what they just said... their looks are priceless... My wife speaks fulent German (she was born there) both sons are learning German and Navajo.

Sleek-Jet
09-09-2006, 04:21 PM
I speak a moderate amount of Spanish, a minimal amount of German and conversational Navajo. I too enjoy hearing my customers say things they think I dont understand, and then I will reply in Navajo to what they just said... their looks are priceless... My wife speaks fulent German (she was born there) both sons are learning German and Navajo.
Ya te he.... :D
I know just enough Navajo to get my ass kicked in Kayenta... :D
That, and I can't speak English for crap either... I am no-lingual. :rolleyes:

bruddah
09-09-2006, 04:21 PM
english and spanglish!

Seadog
09-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Korean enough to get my face slapped, a small amount of German and French. I was talking to a sweet thing from Romania Saturday that knew 5 languages and working on her doctorate in Texas.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
that's odd that the German girls did not speak English. We have a Nanny that is from Germany (21) and she told us everyone from 30 yrs and below speak fluent English... it is required to graduate.
I think the girls were messn' with the TPC. :wink:
I asked my wife about that.
She replies:
She talked again to the girls in the Cafe' car. The girls were Swiss German.
English has not been required there for some time, but it is again now.
Also, they were 19 and taught High School. 4 year degrees to teach were waved for some time, but starting again this year required for new hires to recieve credentials to teach.
Romanch, Italian, French, Swiss Deutch (SIC) and High German are spoken in Switzerland.
It is a requirement that all schools in the entire country now teach in High German.
When I was dating off the internet, I met several girls that were Swiss, worked in the medical field, and went to Univ of Louisiana.
The common thread:
The Swiss Govt picks up the cost of their school. Louisiana is warm climate, cheap to live on a per diem, interesting culture & awsum food, French spoken, and easier to get into their medical schools than most other places.

Schiada76
09-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm fluent in gobbledegook but only sufficient in gibberish.

Roxysnow
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Stayed in Palmdale one nite last week and learned ebonics at Denny's!

Nord
09-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I speak English and Spanish.
It is a necessity at my work.
I learned Spanish in Junior High and High School..........
It was one of the highlights of my education.

Boatcop
09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm fluent in gobbledegook but only sufficient in gibberish.
Reading the posts on this board, it appears that most people who post on here are, too.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-12-2006, 06:31 PM
We had to learn to speak some Russian. We adopted a 10 year old girl from Russia who is now 12. She didn't speak a word of English when she arrived here to America. It's amazing how fast she picked up the English language. We are also making sure she retains her Russian even though she doesn't want to.
How's her english now?

RitcheyRch
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I know I dont speak or understand "idiot" so please speak clearly, slowly and precisely.

SnoopJonnyJon
09-12-2006, 07:12 PM
I a noa squeek engrish. http://homepage.usask.ca/~xbc719/image14J.JPG

Konabrent
09-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Deutsch

wolfie
09-12-2006, 08:45 PM
After 22 year of being married to one, I finally understand Blonde.
I just can't speak it.