PDA

View Full Version : Anybody recognize this famous race boat?

maxwedge
09-09-2006, 06:15 AM
Ok, so the trolling motor and through transom exhaust don't scream "I'm a former raceboat" But the HIN decodes as Performance Jet Boat MFG, Hot Springs AR (AKA Earl Smith). Anyway, it seemed like a cheap hull at the current price although the trolling motor is going to need some serious performance upgrades to take it back to record breaking race level. :D
Guy selling it doesn't seem to know much about it. Just thought I'd post it up in case somebody is interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/jet-boat_W0QQitemZ160028705325QQihZ006QQcategoryZ80653 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

h2oboy
09-09-2006, 06:32 AM
Damn... Getting OLD must suck..... You start to lose it and put a trolling motor on a jet boat... Classic...

Wicked Performance Boats
09-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Damn... Getting OLD must suck..... You start to lose it and put a trolling motor on a jet boat... Classic...
I believe that is the one CP that Bill Scotten said he built for a bass fisherman. And BS owned the molds in 1979. He used the same Hin# as ES. He told me that info one day when we were bullShiting. I'm not 100% positive THAT is the one,as somebody could have modified another one BL

Vern S
09-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I believe that is the one CP that Bill Scotten said he built for a bass fisherman. And BS owned the molds in 1979. He used the same Hin# as ES. He told me that info one day when we were bullShiting. I'm not 100% positive THAT is the one,as somebody could have modified another one BL
I believe you are correct BL about Bill owning the molds in 79. The portion of the HIN the reads 103 means this is the 3rd boat Bill built. I have # 107 the seventh boat, I got this information from Bill several years ago. I think shortly after this he changed the HIN to PJT.
Vern