PDA

View Full Version : will OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE do the right thing???????

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 06:47 AM
this is turning into an interesting event!
OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE picked up my brandnew 05 GMC HD2500 direct from the dealer in escondio before I ever took delivery, to install the lift, wheels/tires, AMP STEPS, billet grill, ECT.
Well there has been a few problems with the AMP STEPS for the last year or so, with the steps getting stuck in either the up or down position. ORW has never questioned anything, and allows fixed them in minutes. its been loose power leads three times( no biggy).
WELL, here is the new issue. Over the last year, I have from time to time had the air bag warning light come on in the dash. untill recently the light would go out next time the truck was started. I took the truck to my GMC dealer last week because the warning light has now been on for a few weeks and will not go out. The service writter called me and stated who ever installed these Amp steps, put a screw right next to or in to a wire harness and fried some wires and causing the air bag computer to also be distroyed. To repair this the bill is $1218.00
SO, ofcourse I called the Ryan the manager of ORW San Diego, and the first thing I hear as a long time ORW customer is our labor warranty is 90 days and we wont pay it. Well WHY did I pay a aftermarket accessory dealer to Professionally INSTALL THESE IF THEY AREN'T WILLING TO STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK?
At this point, my truck as been torn apart for over a week. The service writter has faxed a explanation of the events leading to this point, AND has discounted the labor rate. I have called a few times to speak with Ryan and the VP of OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE and havent had any resolution to this point.
SO WHAT WOULD YOU DO AT THIS POINT IF YOU WERE ME?
I'm very interested to see how ORW will stand behind their install.
Will OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE do the right thing ?

INSman
09-09-2006, 07:56 AM
They likely have liability insurance if they are a legit company to cover their "Products and Completed Operations" and any ensuing Bodily Injury or Property Damage they may have caused or contributed to.
I would ask them to either turn the claim into their insurance carrier and ask that a Claims Adjuster call you personally within (2) weeks or you will be contacting your attorney and eventually costing them more money for the additional hassle. That along with a complaint to the BBB should get most people moving in the right direction towards resolution.

WFS ADAM
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
this is turning into an interesting event!
OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE picked up my brandnew 05 GMC HD2500 direct from the dealer in escondio before I ever took delivery, to install the lift, wheels/tires, AMP STEPS, billet grill, ECT.
Well there has been a few problems with the AMP STEPS for the last year or so, with the steps getting stuck in either the up or down position. ORW has never questioned anything, and allows fixed them in minutes. its been loose power leads three times( no biggy).
WELL, here is the new issue. Over the last year, I have from time to time had the air bag warning light come on in the dash. untill recently the light would go out next time the truck was started. I took the truck to my GMC dealer last week because the warning light has now been on for a few weeks and will not go out. The service writter called me and stated who ever installed these Amp steps, put a screw right next to or in to a wire harness and fried some wires and causing the air bag computer to also be distroyed. To repair this the bill is $1218.00
SO, ofcourse I called the Ryan the manager of ORW San Diego, and the first thing I hear as a long time ORW customer is our labor warranty is 90 days and we wont pay it. Well WHY did I pay a aftermarket accessory dealer to Professionally INSTALL THESE IF THEY AREN'T WILLING TO STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK?
At this point, my truck as been torn apart for over a week. The service writter has faxed a explanation of the events leading to this point, AND has discounted the labor rate. I have called a few times to speak with Ryan and the VP of OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE and havent had any resolution to this point.
SO WHAT WOULD YOU DO AT THIS POINT IF YOU WERE ME?
I'm very interested to see how ORW will stand behind their install.
Will OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE do the right thing ?
you should of went 2 wired for sound motorsports :crossx:

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 06:32 PM
you should of went 2 wired for sound motorsports :crossx:
it would still be there getting them installed :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

TOBTEK
09-11-2006, 05:28 PM
well, called to speak with the manager @ ORW this morning and I got the he's on the phone gig. So, I left a message for the V.P on Friday and asked to speak with him instead. I introduced myself again and about the message I had left him on Friday.... He says, "Oh yes let me have you speak to my operations manager" Im thinking ... here comes the run around! So, he gets on the phone and I explain the whole thing again, and hes says I've spoke with my managers and we just need your contact at the GMC dealer... "its no problem, we will take care of it" I was floored! nice to see a business "MAN UP" ( sorry carl had to :) ) and take care of the customer. Im very happy how this turned out. Just wanted to give the follow up....

ultra27jay
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Just a little F Y I to all, in a few weeks i will be opening a off road shop in orange county.but thats all i can say right now. and i will be taking special care of all the hot boaters!!!!!! With great priceing and good labor rates, and no short cuts...... :rollside:
P.S. wfs adam whats up. i know u are not too worried about it but i got the stereo in my boat taken care of. it was just easer to take it over to car toys in havi. might i add they kick ass. frank and jp big props, got it in and took care of it in no time flat........ :crossx:

ultra27jay
09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
well, called to speak with the manager @ ORW this morning and I got the he's on the phone gig. So, I left a message for the V.P on Friday and asked to speak with him instead. I introduced myself again and about the message I had left him on Friday.... He says, "Oh yes let me have you speak to my operations manager" Im thinking ... here comes the run around! So, he gets on the phone and I explain the whole thing again, and hes says I've spoke with my managers and we just need your contact at the GMC dealer... "its no problem, we will take care of it" I was floored! nice to see a business "MAN UP" ( sorry carl had to :) ) and take care of the customer. Im very happy how this turned out. Just wanted to give the follow up....
tobek u are in the right. i as a store owner would have paid to fix it as soon as possable...and would hope u would come back in the future. im glad to here u are getting it taken care of. good luck.

WFS ADAM
09-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Just a little F Y I to all, in a few weeks i will be opening a off road shop in orange county.but thats all i can say right now. and i will be taking special care of all the hot boaters!!!!!! With great priceing and good labor rates, and no short cuts...... :rollside:
P.S. wfs adam whats up. i know u are not too worried about it but i got the stereo in my boat taken care of. it was just easer to take it over to car toys in havi. might i add they kick ass. frank and jp big props, got it in and took care of it in no time flat........ :crossx:
sorry jay john said he took care of it. if he charged u let me know how much and i will take care of it...

Hardly Satisfied
09-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Toby i think it's time to trade that old truck in for a new 07. why do you let such a little problem like this take up all your time. the wife gets a new BMW 740L EVERYYEAR so you should do the same :rollside:

Hardly Satisfied
09-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Toby we will see you friday what time do you want us to pick up the family at the airport. :rollside:

INSman
09-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Jayson
I will be looking for the new 4-6" Cognito lift for my new 2500HD when it hits the street in about 5 weeks. I owe you a drink too !! :)

ultra27jay
09-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Jayson
I will be looking for the new 4-6" Cognito lift for my new 2500HD when it hits the street in about 5 weeks. I owe you a drink too !! :)
no worries man i will take care of that for u, are u geting a new 07 or are u staying withe the late model 06.Also, i want to get my pool done this winter and would like to talk a little more with u on that and check out your pool in person from the picts it looks great. :rollside:

ultra27jay
09-12-2006, 08:30 AM
sorry jay john said he took care of it. if he charged u let me know how much and i will take care of it...
hey adam, its relly no big deal it turns out the amp that ran the 2 jl 12 inch subs had no power out put. i dont know if it fried or what? it never went into protect mode and it still showed power? buy nothing going to the subs. anyway i replaced it with a 500/1 jl amp and 100 bucks later in labor i was back on the water. so thanks for the offer but shit happens and its no big deal u guys did a great job and im still telling people where to go.(WIRED FOR SOUND MOTORSPORTS). anyway talk to u soon. i have a few questions for u about a chevy 4500 tires and wheels, my dad wants to go with a single rear tire with a 22 combo so any help will be great....

INSman
09-12-2006, 09:37 AM
no worries man i will take care of that for u, are u geting a new 07 or are u staying withe the late model 06.Also, i want to get my pool done this winter and would like to talk a little more with u on that and check out your pool in person from the picts it looks great. :rollside:
I just went with the new 2006, could not pass up on the free financing AND rebate. Pool came out very nice and you can swing by anytime. I will be in town this weekend for the RRX Regatta.

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I just went with the new 2006, could not pass up on the free financing AND rebate. Pool came out very nice and you can swing by anytime. I will be in town this weekend for the RRX Regatta.
:idea:
Pretty sure the Regatta is next weekend?(September 23rd)

INSman
09-12-2006, 02:40 PM
:idea:
Pretty sure the Regatta is next weekend?(September 23rd)
Yeah, next weekend is what I meant :cool:

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, next weekend is what I meant :cool:
It all becomes such a blurr;)
You get the pool heated for the 23rd yet? :crossx: :)

djunkie
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

INSman
09-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Is was perfect last time I was there, no heating necessary. Then I get a call from my realtor saying my pool looks all hammered with algae or whatever, so the pool guys call me back to say a bunch of shit blew into the pool and clogged evrything up, so they are cleaning up as we speak :220v:

Magic34
09-12-2006, 08:57 PM
My Amp steps only work when they feel like it. They worked great at first, then quit working, then 2 months later 1 side will work for a day, then take another month off before the other side works for a fwe hours, before its vacation.

TOBTEK
09-12-2006, 09:19 PM
My Amp steps only work when they feel like it. They worked great at first, then quit working, then 2 months later 1 side will work for a day, then take another month off before the other side works for a fwe hours, before its vacation.
check your power connections. that has been the issue with mine a few times.