PDA

View Full Version : will OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE do the right thing ??

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 06:55 AM
will OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE do the right thing???????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is turning into an interesting event!
OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE picked up my brandnew 05 GMC HD2500 direct from the dealer in escondio before I ever took delivery, to install the lift, wheels/tires, AMP STEPS, billet grill, ECT.
Well there has been a few problems with the AMP STEPS for the last year or so, with the steps getting stuck in either the up or down position. ORW has never questioned anything, and allows fixed them in minutes. its been loose power leads three times( no biggy).
WELL, here is the new issue. Over the last year, I have from time to time had the air bag warning light come on in the dash. untill recently the light would go out next time the truck was started. I took the truck to my GMC dealer last week because the warning light has now been on for a few weeks and will not go out. The service writter called me and stated who ever installed these Amp steps, put a screw right next to or in to a wire harness and fried some wires and causing the air bag computer to also be distroyed. To repair this the bill is $1218.00
SO, ofcourse I called the Ryan the manager of ORW San Diego, and the first thing I hear as a long time ORW customer is our labor warranty is 90 days and we wont pay it. Well WHY did I pay a aftermarket accessory dealer to Professionally INSTALL THESE IF THEY AREN'T WILLING TO STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK?
At this point, my truck as been torn apart for over a week. The service writter has faxed a explanation of the events leading to this point, AND has discounted the labor rate. I have called a few times to speak with Ryan and the VP of OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE and havent had any resolution to this point.
SO WHAT WOULD YOU DO AT THIS POINT IF YOU WERE ME?
I'm very interested to see how ORW will stand behind their install.
Will OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE do the right thing ?

Trailer Park Casanova
09-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Make sure to copy and paste this post on all the sand sites.
Nothing lites a fire under ones ass like bad news.
www.Dumontduneriders.com
www.americansandassociation.org
www.glamisdunes.com
www.offroad.com

MBlaster
09-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I wonder why it took so long to fry, its been a year. No?
I'd think it would have cooked right away.
If you want to prove that better break out the digi cam.

RitcheyRch
09-09-2006, 07:42 AM
As already said. Definitely take some digital photos of the screw going into the wire harness.

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 07:51 AM
I wonder why it took so long to fry, its been a year. No?
I'd think it would have cooked right away.
If you want to prove that better break out the digi cam.
over the last year, they said the screw wore through the wires coating. Explaining the intermittent condition. Finally exposed enough wire to fry the modular.

INSman
09-09-2006, 07:59 AM
They likely have liability insurance if they are a legit company to cover their "Products and Completed Operations" and any ensuing Bodily Injury or Property Damage they may have caused or contributed to.
I would ask them to either turn the claim into their insurance carrier and ask that a Claims Adjuster call you personally within (2) weeks or you will be contacting your attorney and eventually costing them more money for the additional hassle. That along with a complaint to the BBB should get most people moving in the right direction towards resolution.

Starloans
09-09-2006, 08:00 AM
If I remember correctly, the owner of ORW is a big time bible thumping religious type person. Not that there is anything wrong with that but normally that would indicate some sort of "want to do the right thing" attitude. :idea:
Oh no, am I trying to mix business and religion? :cry:
Never mind, that was goverment and religion I was thinking of. :rollside:
Sorry, I'm from back east where the REAL bible belt is. Those people are a bunch of hypocrytes let me tell ya. WAIT, I gotta get my check book and send this months $1000 to Benny Hinn! :)
Sorry for the usless post. Good luck with your truck.

ratso
09-09-2006, 08:10 AM
If I remember correctly, the owner if ORW is a big time bible thumping religious type person. Not that there is anything wrong with that but normally that would indicate some sort of "want to do the right thing" attitude. :idea:
Oh no, am I trying to mix business and religion? :cry:
Never mind, that was goverment and religion I was thinking of. :rollside:
Sorry, I'm from back east where the REAL bible belt is. Those people are a bunch of hypocrytes let me tell ya. WAIT, I gotta get my check book and send this months $1000 to Benny Hinn! :)
Sorry for the usless post. Good luck with your truck.
A guy like that used to own a marina here... Biggest piece of Shit I ever met in my life. :yuk: :mad: :yuk:

superdave013
09-09-2006, 08:43 AM
I say they won't pay unless they loose in small claims.

Starloans
09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
They don't address their labor policy on the website. I guess the customer could have gotten that labor policy in writing at the time of sale.
Return policy (http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/ContentPage.asp!ContentID!28)

JMC
09-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Take your DeWalt over to their shop and shoot a few self tappers in the side of his truck.

Starloans
09-09-2006, 09:12 AM
We could all call them and bug the piss out of them. Hey, it's Saturday. Later this afternoon we could all drunk dial them! :cry:
Contact ORW Escondido Store (http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/ContentPage.asp!ContentID!92)
Tobtek, you could take them to the Turko Files! (San Diego News Troubleshooter Guy channel 9) That guy catches some loosers, including the City and County. Free advertising for them! Bad advertising.
That would carry more weight than small claims.
Let us pray.

bruddah
09-09-2006, 09:38 AM
sorry to say but the people are orw are peices of sh*t. it used to be great 2 or 3 years ago cause they had people that actually knew what they were talking about and raced or had major offroad experience! now it seems like everytime i go in there for something they dont know what im talking about and i have to go behind the counter to grab it or show them where it is... it is rediculous! a friend of mine had his 3rd member redone by them and they totally ****ed it up, and his rearend went out on him while driving around town to go to the grocery store cause he decided to take his street legal prerunner. no beating, no offroading. they werent going to fix it or do anything about, so he sent in a supina(however you spell it) and gave them two weeks to reply. well that is all it took for them to totally replace everything inside because they didnt but a bearing in right or sometthing. so show some interest in getting down and dirty and they should fall through and do it! however i only will by small stuff from them such as zues fittings and small things but i am very disapointed in how it has gone down hill! :mad:
- sorry for the long post

CBadDad
09-09-2006, 12:11 PM
I've never had any problems dealing with ORW. I hope it works out for you.
For what it's worth, the schmucks down the street at 4Wheel Parts are just as bad, if not worse. They seem to spend half of their time trying to sell you something and the other half of their time trying to cover up the fact that hey focked up your rig. I'll never go there again.

09-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Not to say they didnt screw it up, but depends who was doing the
work on it, i had a problem with a Jeep that was in my shop with
a vibration lifted and Kenny the service mgr had it fixed in no
time, it was at N/C GMC Jeep aftermaket store Tag motorsports
they didnt even know what to do just blew me off.

SummitKarl
09-09-2006, 12:38 PM
if it's the ORW on Nordal......well...... :argue:
can't say I had the best installation service there, it's not often I take any of my vehicles to anyone for service..and they are one of the reasons I just do it myself. their rear end guy is suppose to be very good but I had trouble with their installers rushing the job. :rolleyes:
Toby if you want a good shop that's been around for 20 or more years, I can't remember the name right now but it's just down the 78 a bit at the SE corner of Woodland and Rancheros 2nd building on your right, I am fairly certain it's where ORW was/is farming out their alignments

djunkie
09-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Pay the bill, post your story on all the offroad and dirt sites (as mentioned above) and never use their shop again. To me it doesn't seem like enough money to go through the hassle of taking them to court. My time is worth more. That 90 day thing sounds like BS to me especially for a problem like this. If anything, maybe they will get wind of all your bashing on the offroad sites and maybe it will influence them to fix it.

Daytona100
09-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Shit Happens!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Shit Happens!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
I could accept that, IF I installed them myself in the garage. but not when you pay a company that claims they know what they are doing :cool:

slink
09-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Toby, were the add ons part of the "Due bill" from Chevy?. Were they included in the price of the finance? If so, the Chevrolet dealer is responsible.

OCMerrill
09-09-2006, 05:52 PM
If their warrantee is 90 days, spelled out clearly on your paperwork, and your past that (I read that you are) then your probably not going to get anywhere with small claims court either. I think you will need to pony up a pay the dealer to fix it. Now they will be on the hook for proper diagnosis if you have issues down the road.
Now having said that...threaten the shop or just go to Pirate4x4.com and post away your issue. Brutal folks over there and they will BBQ that shop over the net in a heart beat.
It's better than getting caught with a screw gun to a fender but won't feel as good. :)

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Toby, were the add ons part of the "Due bill" from Chevy?. Were they included in the price of the finance? If so, the Chevrolet dealer is responsible.
didnt buy the add ons from the dealership...... bumer huh :cool:

TOBTEK
09-09-2006, 06:29 PM
If their warrantee is 90 days, spelled out clearly on your paperwork, and your past that (I read that you are) then your probably not going to get anywhere with small claims court either. I think you will need to pony up a pay the dealer to fix it. Now they will be on the hook for proper diagnosis if you have issues down the road.
Now having said that...threaten the shop or just go to Pirate4x4.com and post away your issue. Brutal folks over there and they will BBQ that shop over the net in a heart beat.
It's better than getting caught with a screw gun to a fender but won't feel as good. :)
when I made my call to tell the Mgr of all this, was the first id ever heard of this 90 day warranty. I do believe they are responsible. IF they would have installed them properly in the first place this wouldn't be an issue now.

JMC
09-09-2006, 08:19 PM
This isn't a warranty issue. This is an installation error. You can beat this.

INSman
09-09-2006, 08:50 PM
This isn't a warranty issue. This is an installation error. You can beat this.
Absolutely correct, what we would call Error's & Ommissions in my biz

core attitude
09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
WAIT, I gotta get my check book and send this months $1000 to Benny Hinn!
I drive by his house a couple of times a week........just send me the cash and I'll save you the postage. :)

andy01
09-10-2006, 02:02 AM
It's a $1,000 bucks who cares? With your money just pay the bill and move. I would post it all over the net and I would bother them as often as I could.

Hiddenvalley-Kid
09-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Been chevy all my life. i'm a mechanic, wife chevy accounting 30 yr's, son, sales chevy. My 05 had same problem. back on warranty 5 times,same problem. Faulty plug under driver's seat. Apparently bad wiring loom to seat sensor. Traded for 06 with dealer up fit from my son. Dealer gets 100% markup on all dealer installed options. Most salesmen get 50% of that. If it is included in the original delivered vehicle the dealer should assumes all warranty 3/36 on any upfit. If they are not willing to honor this, they themselves have sold you a modified vehicle and now is not legal to be sold in California as a new vehicle and must be stated in the contract. SIMPLE, SAID AND DONE!

Sherpa
09-10-2006, 08:17 AM
one guy mentioned posting about this on Pirate4x4.com....... I wouldn't,
I've been on Pirate since inception. it's a hardcore4x4 site, and most will
barbeque guys that don't do their own work themselves.......
you should post on:
OFFROAD.COM
JEEPSUNLIMITED.COM
IHATEMUD.COM
PAVEMENTSUCKS.COM
It sounds like they're burning their own bridge..... you'll either have to
eat this, and not go back to their store, and or, fight them in court, and
they'll want to repair the work themselves, in case do you actually want
them to ever touch your ride again anyways-???
--good luck,!
--Sherpa

bigq
09-10-2006, 08:32 AM
when I made my call to tell the Mgr of all this, was the first id ever heard of this 90 day warranty. I do believe they are responsible. IF they would have installed them properly in the first place this wouldn't be an issue now.
Maybe you should read the contract if you signed one. If there is no warranty explaination I would call him back on that one.
Is it a flaw in the installation instructions on the product? Maybe the manufacturer would be responsible.

riverroyal
09-10-2006, 08:37 AM
I've never had any problems dealing with ORW. I hope it works out for you.
For what it's worth, the schmucks down the street at 4Wheel Parts are just as bad, if not worse. They seem to spend half of their time trying to sell you something and the other half of their time trying to cover up the fact that hey focked up your rig. I'll never go there again.
bunch of uninformed kids working at that place,not a penny from me,ever...So the air bags dont work?This make sthe truck undrivable as far as in concerned,what if you get in a accident?Make sure you document the down days,thats a good court issue also,50k truck that cant safetly be driven....

TOBTEK
09-10-2006, 09:10 AM
bunch of uninformed kids working at that place,not a penny from me,ever...So the air bags dont work?This make sthe truck undrivable as far as in concerned,what if you get in a accident?Make sure you document the down days,thats a good court issue also,50k truck that cant safetly be driven....
only 50K...... I wish :p

TOBTEK
09-10-2006, 09:15 AM
It's a $1,000 bucks who cares? With your money just pay the bill and move. I would post it all over the net and I would bother them as often as I could.
dont know how fat your wallet is..... BUT $1218.00 is still alot of money in my book. Why should I pay it? I didnt do anything wrong!

TOBTEK
09-10-2006, 10:03 AM
A labor warranty is not in place for deliberate malice or negligence. Screwing into a wire harness is negligence. It would be the same as if I put a screw through the bottom of a boat hull and the owner didn't notice for over a year.
HERE,HERE....Jon! thats what im talking about!

sorry dog
09-10-2006, 07:32 PM
one guy mentioned posting about this on Pirate4x4.com....... I wouldn't,
I've been on Pirate since inception. it's a hardcore4x4 site, and most will
barbeque guys that don't do their own work themselves.......
you should post on:
OFFROAD.COM
JEEPSUNLIMITED.COM
IHATEMUD.COM
PAVEMENTSUCKS.COM
It sounds like they're burning their own bridge..... you'll either have to
eat this, and not go back to their store, and or, fight them in court, and
they'll want to repair the work themselves, in case do you actually want
them to ever touch your ride again anyways-???
--good luck,!
--Sherpa
IH8MUD.com = landcruiser site. If your not running a LC or at least a toyota, you probably won't get much response there. I kinda remember having fun following this guy trying to sell electric supercharger on Pirate. Those guys really hounded him til he left, and his products even half way worked...

TOBTEK
09-11-2006, 08:44 AM
If they don't step up, you have a 100% for sure winner in small claims court. It would be over in 5 minutes.
really dont want to go down that road! Just want ORW to take responsibility for what they did. THATS WHY I PAID THEM!

TOBTEK
09-11-2006, 05:27 PM
well, called to speak with the manager @ ORW this morning and I got the he's on the phone gig. So, I left a message for the V.P on Friday and asked to speak with him instead. I introduced myself again and about the message I had left him on Friday.... He says, "Oh yes let me have you speak to my operations manager" Im thinking ... here comes the run around! So, he gets on the phone and I explain the whole thing again, and hes says I've spoke with my managers and we just need your contact at the GMC dealer... "its no problem, we will take care of it" I was floored! nice to see a business "MAN UP" ( sorry carl had to :) ) and take care of the customer. Im very happy how this turned out. Just wanted to give the follow up....

ratso
09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
well, called to speak with the manager @ ORW this morning and I got the he's on the phone gig. So, I left a message for the V.P on Friday and asked to speak with him instead. I introduced myself again and about the message I had left him on Friday.... He says, "Oh yes let me have you speak to my operations manager" Im thinking ... here comes the run around! So, he gets on the phone and I explain the whole thing again, and hes says I've spoke with my managers and we just need your contact at the GMC dealer... "its no problem, we will take care of it" I was floored! nice to see a business "MAN UP" ( sorry carl had to :) ) and take care of the customer. Im very happy how this turned out. Just wanted to give the follow up....
...can we start a thread on how awesome they are now??? :rollside: :)

TOBTEK
09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
...can we start a thread on how awesome they are now??? :rollside: :)
NAAAAAAAA, you can if you like :) im just happy they stood behind their work!

riverroyal
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
NAAAAAAAA, you can if you like :) im just happy theres stool behind their work!
what did you say'?

ratso
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
NAAAAAAAA, you can if you like :) im just happy they stood behind their work!
I'm glad it ended up the way it did for you... ;)

stompnstang
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
hmmmmmmm is this going to turn out like that huge blow up about AMP that started in that little mustang forum 2 years ago????