PDA

View Full Version : "uh oh....it's the new guy"

Skyni
09-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey everyone...I am new here. I just aquired a 67 sanger from my brother....needs alot of work...new floor...stringers....it'll be a busy winter! Anyway I might have a few questions to ask you guys, if ya don't mind. I will be looking for a gear box also. Thanx.......

vdriver4ever
09-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Welcome!
Everyone is really good at giving support. Sometimes you get a little fun harasment too. :)

FlatRat
09-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone...I am new here. I just aquired a 67 sanger from my brother....needs alot of work...new floor...stringers....it'll be a busy winter! Anyway I might have a few questions to ask you guys, if ya don't mind. I will be looking for a gear box also. Thanx.......
Skyni,
we are happy to have ya....ya freak.Who's your bro?Prolly some loser dude witha Injected Howard Runner....We will have a good time workin' on the Sanger...I hep ya!!You will have the follwing emotions working on your first Flat................. :argue: :220v: :rollside: :cry: :idea: :boxed: :cool:

fc-pilot
09-09-2006, 06:43 PM
What is it with guys from Montana? I lived there for two years and can't figure where you guys would run your boats. So where do you guys live?
Paul

FlatStupid
09-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Not in frickin Az you loser!!!!!!!!!! :crossx:

GofastRacer
09-09-2006, 07:45 PM
LMAO!.. :D

FlatStupid
09-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Hows it going Art? Hope all is well. CK

y2k
09-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Welcome from another newb,picking up my first boat tomorrow.
:smile:

GofastRacer
09-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Hows it going Art? Hope all is well. CK
Hi Craig, everything is cool here hope the same for you!... :cool:

FlatRat
09-10-2006, 05:38 AM
What is it with guys from Montana? I lived there for two years and can't figure where you guys would run your boats. So where do you guys live?
Paul
Paul,
we live up in the NW corner,15 mi. from Canadian border.We have three nice lakes within 12 mi of us.Where did live,the East of the mountains?

CircleJerk
09-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Geez Flat S, chill out and take a Smiles :) pill dude! I would understand you if it were Winter with NO races! !

CircleJerk
09-10-2006, 07:12 AM
You still talking to me? Nice job skinny, I knew it was only a matter of time before you landed one! At least you didnt have the winter passes to contend with while trailering your new family member home! I am still installing a new roof so I hope the boat heals itself by next weekend! Hope you can make Moses.
They do have a few puddles up there and even have inclined plane style shorelines to aide launching flats! Progress, isnt it wonderful! Mustard Fever or 'Mustard Gas'.............?

fc-pilot
09-10-2006, 09:55 AM
I lived up in Kalispell for a while during the time I lived up there. I absolutely loved it. After growing up in AZ the summers up there seemed too short and the winters WAY too long. I still would not take back that time for anything. I did live just off Flathead Lake for a while during one summer, but never saw any flats there.
Post some pics of the project as it comes along.
Paul

Skyni
09-10-2006, 06:29 PM
I lived up in Kalispell for a while during the time I lived up there. I absolutely loved it. After growing up in AZ the summers up there seemed too short and the winters WAY too long. I still would not take back that time for anything. I did live just off Flathead Lake for a while during one summer, but never saw any flats there.
Post some pics of the project as it comes along.
Paul
As a matter a fact, FlatRat and I and our wives rode the bikes today to Flathead. We used to go to Yellow Bay for vacation since around '67 or so. I will post some pics of the boat as it goes along.

FlatStupid
09-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Geez Flat S, chill out and take a Smiles :) pill dude! I would understand you if it were Winter with NO races! !I was just having a little "Northwest Fun", with the southern guy. :D

DelawareDave
09-11-2006, 05:47 AM
Are you a "dental floss tycoon"? :rolleyes: I saw Montana and just couldn't help myself asking! :)
Welcome! I'm sure someone around here has done some of the repairs you are looking to do.

FlatRat
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Are you a "dental floss tycoon"? :rolleyes: I saw Montana and just couldn't help myself asking! :)
Welcome! I'm sure someone around here has done some of the repairs you are looking to do.
Dental floss....?Only the hot chics have two toofs...Honey,can I use the teeth now...it's my turn to eat :rollside:

fc-pilot
09-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Yes, I moved up there hoping to make it in the dental floss business, but got run out by all those tycoons. :p I guess it is better than owning scared sheep.
Paul
The dental floss thing has to do with a Frank Zappa song about moving to Montana to raise dental floss. If you don't already know the song don't waist your time trying to find it, you probably won't like it. :rolleyes:
Yippie-Eyeyo-Kyeaa!

fc-pilot
09-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Well?
Paul

FlatStupid
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Well?
PaulHauser and Canyon Ferry in the Helena area. :) There are actually a small fleet of V-drives around here.

DelawareDave
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Yes, I moved up there hoping to make it in the dental floss business, but got run out by all those tycoons. :p I guess it is better than owning scared sheep.
Paul
The dental floss thing has to do with a Frank Zappa song about moving to Montana to raise dental floss. If you don't already know the song don't waist your time trying to find it, you probably won't like it. :rolleyes:
Yippie-Eyeyo-Kyeaa!
At least somebody figured out what I meant! Points for fc-pilot! Movin' to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon. Got my zircon encrusted tweezers, me and my pygmy pony, over by the dental floss bush!

fc-pilot
09-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Hauser and Canyon Ferry in the Helena area. :) There are actually a small fleet of V-drives around here.
Wow, I lived in Townsend just south of Canyon Ferry but never saw any flats while I was there. I guess I missed out. I moved around quite a bit while I was in Montana so I got to see a lot of the state. That would have been way cool to see a bunch of v-drives on that lake.
Paul

fc-pilot
09-11-2006, 02:07 PM
At least somebody figured out what I meant! Points for fc-pilot! Movin' to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon. Got my zircon encrusted tweezers, me and my pygmy pony, over by the dental floss bush!
I was debating posting all the words to the song, but figured most would not appreciate it as you would.
Paul

FlatStupid
09-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Wow, I lived in Townsend just south of Canyon Ferry but never saw any flats while I was there. I guess I missed out. I moved around quite a bit while I was in Montana so I got to see a lot of the state. That would have been way cool to see a bunch of v-drives on that lake.
PaulDrive through there once a week at least. If your gonna run em you get on the east side below Hellgate.That way the federal :D ies wont GET ya!

DelawareDave
09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
I was debating posting all the words to the song, but figured most would not appreciate it as you would.
Paul
Hell, I can't even remember half the words. Too many hazy days have gone by. ;)
Actually- I was in Montana over 30 years ago during my "travels". Put in a truck scale somewhere around Billings.

Jim W
09-11-2006, 05:32 PM
I have a woman friend who is 3 yrs. out of Montana, born and raised there.
Billings, Flathead Lake, Havre.
She swears, the women eagerly have their teeth pulled for better BJ's?????
The whole time we were together, she said she wanted to have her teeth pulled since they hurt so much.
Funny thing was, they looked fine and she never complained about them.
Must be a Montana thing???
Be good, Jim

Skyni
10-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Here is some pics of the ol' sanger. I have the stringers and most of the ply- wood out now. I will keep postin'.......If these don't take I will try again later...

Roaddogg 4040
10-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey Skyni, I like your trim saw!!! How are you going to keep the boat straight while you take out the stringers and floors? Should be a good project for the eight month long winters up there... :rollside:
PS: Welcome to the boards...
Steve

FIVE O
10-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Lookin great Skyni! keep em coming. I keep wanting to do my floor but for now Ill live through you.
The guy workin the " Montana Saws-All " sent those pics the other day but they were all up-side-down. His block is looking good to. Take care

FlatRat
10-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Skyni,
get off he computer and get back to work.We gotta alot a work to do.
Five-o,
upside down pics?Damn Coronas anyway.Block is painted,working on the heads now.Need more power....must...have ...more ...power :idea:

TAF
10-03-2006, 06:49 AM
You may not live here but you race here, I hope. :idea: The weather is already getting nice (cooling to the 80's). :cool:

Schiada76
10-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Poodle bites, come on Frenchie, poodle chews it. :p

FlatRat
10-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey Skyni, I like your trim saw!!! How are you going to keep the boat straight while you take out the stringers and floors? Should be a good project for the eight month long winters up there... :rollside:
PS: Welcome to the boards...
Steve
Steve,
I'm the hillbilly with the trimsaw,it was just a prop.My bro.Skyni blocked up the hull real nice.I think he might make it into the darkside.He's been workin' his arse off on this thing.I give him a lot of smit,but he's do'in a good now that chopper season is gone.....Get'em Skyni.... :idea:

Skyni
10-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Here is some pics of the ol' sanger. I have the stringers and most of the ply- wood out now. I will keep postin'.......If these don't take I will try again later...
Ol' FlatRat is a slave driver!!!There's a few more "chopper days" left. Be headin' to Spokane in a couple weeks to see "Mr. Warren Haynes". I am having a lot of fun working on this boat with Tim....don't know where I'd be without 'im!!!

CircleJerk
10-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Ol' FlatRat is a slave driver!!!There's a few more "chopper days" left. Be headin' to Spokane in a couple weeks to see "Mr. Warren Haynes". I am having a lot of fun working on this boat with Tim....don't know where I'd be without 'im!!!
Haynes,,,,does he do Skinner? or CC? Bad to the Bone?

FlatRat
10-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Slave driver....?I heard ya by the house on yer bike....have you ordered your cloth and matting yet......?

Skyni
10-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Slave driver....?I heard ya by the house on yer bike....have you ordered your cloth and matting yet......?
That you did "sir"...nothin' like a quick ride to rid the sawdust boogers. At this moment I am stewing over my strigers that I have to take back!!!dogs! Hey Boyd, Warren Haynes is in Govt. Mule. He can play the dickens of a banjo...Do you still have that 396 in your shop?

Skyni
10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
I am ready to order my cloth and matting for the floor. Does anyone know what ounce of cloth i should lay on the floor before I put the plywood down?Also what ounce of matting should I use on top of the plywood? Any suggestions would be appreciated.