09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
some of us are rounding up a tail gate @4pm in the parking lot
just look for my Falcon
gates open @4pm race starts @ 6pm
get there early cause this is going to sell out fast

Boatcop
09-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Sold out.
Closed the gates a little after 6:00 PM. Place was packed. Racing was OK. Bunch of wrecks in the trophy dashes. They setled down for the main events.
The female announcer (Kathy) made my ears bleed. Sounded like Fran Dresher with an even worse sinus problem.
Concessions sucked. 45 minutes in line to get a couple hot-dogs and cokes. And we were only about 20 back in line. On a positive note, the concession folks are keeping the mentally handicapped and Alzheimers patients employed. :rolleyes:
I didn't see an ambulance or any medical folks at the track, and the crash (fire) crew was the 3 stooges in the back of a white Toyota P/U. Concerned me, since there were a couple of hard hits.
High point of the night was the wrecker crew. Company is called:
"Camel Towing" :rollside:

Kachina 34
09-09-2006, 09:35 PM
The female announcer (Kathy) made my ears bleed. Sounded like Fran Dresher with an even worse sinus problem.
That's funny.

RiverRatMike
09-09-2006, 10:50 PM
some of us are rounding up a tail gate @4pm in the parking lot
just look for my Falcon
gates open @4pm race starts @ 6pm
get there early cause this is going to sell out fast
I could hear the powerful V8's running hard over there from my home here on the South side of town.

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 09:41 AM
I could hear the powerful V8's running hard over there from my home here on the South side of town.
that was just me leaving the park, :) only things ther with any real power were the open wheel modifieds.

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Sold out.
Closed the gates a little after 6:00 PM. Place was packed. Racing was OK. Bunch of wrecks in the trophy dashes. They setled down for the main events.
Concessions sucked. 45 minutes in line to get a couple hot-dogs and cokes. And we were only about 20 back in line. On a positive note, the concession folks are keeping the mentally handicapped and Alzheimers patients employed. :rolleyes:
I didn't see an ambulance or any medical folks at the track, and the crash (fire) crew was the 3 stooges in the back of a white Toyota P/U. Concerned me, since there were a couple of hard hits.
High point of the night was the wrecker crew. Company is called:
"Camel Towing" :rollside:
hey where were you, I was in the dirt at the north side right behind the camera man, NO WAY.....were BigDoug and I going to fit in the bleachers and we figure that much weight in a concentrated area was a hazard to Riverroyals parents sitting next to us and UNCLELARRY under the bleachers :eek:
your calls on the set up are true to the point, Kathy is not the girl to be the voice of the track, it should be me DJSK :rolleyes:
I have to give them credit where it is due...I DEFINETLY!!!!!! know how hard it is to put a car event like this on...it's hard to predict your gate sales and what you should have on hand, my guess at head count probably isn't far off at 4k, that's ALOT of beer drinking Havasu mouths to feed :rollside:
I doubt every race will be like that SOLD OUT...it would be nice tho to see the track have that success.
I am sure they will learn from there experience it may take a few races to fine tune it all, but the end call is did I have fun and will I be back, the answer is YES I DID!!! and I will be first in line to get in next time.
and I think I just found something to do with my spare parts falcon sitting in the back yard, pure stock class...HERE COMES SK :D :D

Boatcop
09-10-2006, 11:10 AM
hey where were you, I was in the dirt at the north side right behind the camera man, NO WAY.....were BigDoug and I going to fit in the bleachers and we figure that much weight in a concentrated area was a hazard to Riverroyals parents sitting next to us and UNCLELARRY under the bleachers
We were in the first stands north of the tower. They used to designate it the "Family" section. No beer allowed. I liked that, since there were less loud mouths, and less shuffling to let them in and out to take on/offload supplies every 20 minutes.
I'd like to see it go back to that, once the crowd thins out.

Kilrtoy
09-10-2006, 11:14 AM
We went friday night for practice and the one thing that stood out was
EVERYONE HAD A CIGARETTE IN THE HAND...
DAMN I HATE CIGARETTES AND THEY SMELL LIKE SHIT.... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 12:20 PM
start smoking so you can fit in :crossx: :)
did you think car people were vegetarian tree huggers :rolleyes:

wildbillg
09-10-2006, 12:49 PM
hey where were you, I was in the dirt at the north side right behind the camera man,
I was right there too standing with some folks from the Boat Brokers..
To bad I missed Big Doug.... I like talkin to him.... (hes a good guy)....

RiverRatMike
09-10-2006, 01:07 PM
don't you know Havasu is the biggest smoking city in the US

JB in so cal
09-10-2006, 01:12 PM
someone asked me whether I smoked after sex; told 'em I'd never checked :)

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I was right there too standing with some folks from the Boat Brokers..
To bad I missed Big Doug.... I like talkin to him.... (hes a good guy)....
how can you miss either one of us, thats close to 600 lbs total :rollside:

phebus
09-10-2006, 02:47 PM
how can you miss either one of us, thats close to 600 lbs total :rollside:
He didn't realize it was you two guys, he thought it was two piles of used tires :D

Kilrtoy
09-10-2006, 03:57 PM
don't you know Havasu is the biggest smoking city in the US
That is the ONE thing I miss the most of California,
NO SMOKING......

Kilrtoy
09-10-2006, 03:58 PM
start smoking so you can fit in :crossx: :)
did you think car people were vegetarian tree huggers :rolleyes:
HEY NOW,
Im a beer guzzling redneck like the rest of ya'll, but I dont smoke. That is like sticking a penis in your mouth....

playdeep
09-10-2006, 05:06 PM
...I hate to jack this smoking thread with a stupid racing question,
I was curious about the track itself...Were there 2 grooves or did the modifieds all play follow the leader around the bottom?(usual w/asphalt short tracks)
How many mods did they have?
Who won?(local or out of towner?)

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I was curious about the track itself...Were there 2 grooves or did the modifieds all play follow the leader around the bottom?(usual w/asphalt short tracks)
it's a 1/4mi paved oval, with two grooves, bottom groove is flat and top is banked, it makes for some tuff transitions if they get it wrong, turns 1&2 favor the inside pass turns 3&4 favor the outside pass, it was a 50 lap main for the modifieds, attrition was heavy, with some on track squabbles :argue: going on, but all in all it was more like 1-1/2 groove racing with lots of passing and action. in pre-race interviews ALL the drivers committed on how good the track was for being new. from my eyes the track and the modifieds seem to be a good fit for each other.
I believe the winner was from Oceanside Ca, in a field of 20 or so

Boatcop
09-10-2006, 05:25 PM
The modified winner was a self proclaimed "hired gun" from Texas. He was driving a family member's car. It was obvious he had a little more seat time than our locals, and even the Cal imports.
Nobody could touch him. The race was for positions 2-6. (which was all that was left of the 20 starters)

playdeep
09-10-2006, 05:40 PM
...Thanks for the info.
Just curious,our local asphalt track is a 1/2 mile with only 1 groove,everybody flies down, the straights and stays on the bottom in the corners...makes for some boring racing....It's all MOTOR.
Hopefully I will have modified out there shortly...I am looking forward to racing out there... Luv the little bull rings.
I think a lot of the crashes were probably due to no one being familiar with the track...Opening night big crowd,lots of adrenline...
The guys running Havasu speedway are former racers,I gotta believe they'll get a handle on whatever problems they encountered opening night...

BigDoug
09-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Phebus, or shall i call you Rick, that remark was uncalled for, now the next time i see you in the chanell im going to call you a "HOMO" but i think this has already been done. :)

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Phebus, or shall i call you Rick, that remark was uncalled for, now the next time i see you in the chanell im going to call you a "HOMO" but i think this has already been done. :)
NOPE..no name calling.....we will just SIT on him after a bowl of broccoli EACH!!!! :D :2purples:
I think Phebus would make a great bleacher cushion :p

Kilrtoy
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM
IM NOT SURE
Watching practice, the low line worked well,
The high line had people losing it and backing out.
Did not watch the racing, but it was a short track and would require some skills

72 Hondo
09-10-2006, 07:26 PM
I didnt get to go so I want to know how Chip Campbell from Campbell Redi-mix did

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 07:30 PM
I didnt get to go so I want to know how Chip Campbell from Campbell Redi-mix did
I do lots of biz with Chip, he got knocked out of the trophy dash, lost a front wheel, but was back for the main, can't recall but I think he finished 3rd or 4th in the main

72 Hondo
09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
cool deal Im glad to see he got that far, He didnt have very long to get that car together again.

phebus
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Karl and Doug, Can't wait to do the races with you two........ :D
Booccoli or not :crossx:

BigDoug
09-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Rick, i can't wait either..........................................ca use the next time i see you, well im gonna...........................oh never mind :cry:

Kilrtoy
09-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Karl and Doug, Can't wait to do the races with you two........ :D
Booccoli or not :crossx:
THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU WERE SAYING FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE FIREHOUSE
You said I aint no 3 amigos,
HOMEY DONT PLAY THAT, is what i heard

BigDoug
09-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Miguel, did he really spat off at the mouth like that ?
Im gonna have to break out a can of whoop ass for Rick...........................Well atleast a half can :)

SummitKarl
09-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Im gonna have to break out a can of whoop ass for Rick...........................Well atleast a half can :)
Broccoli comes in a can :confused:

Kilrtoy
09-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Then he started talking shit to grass pays,
BUT it was his brother
RICK WAS ON A ROLL
and it was my birthday...
I LOVE WHEN PHEBUS IS LILE THAT,
its takes the lime light off me...

phebus
09-11-2006, 06:26 AM
I deny ever being there. Firehouse, never heard of it :D

phebus
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
It's a good thing he's changed, in the old days, Summitkarl would have broke out a can of Spam. Whew!!! :D

BigDoug
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Rick, you are too funny :)

SummitKarl
09-12-2006, 05:20 PM
It's a good thing he's changed, in the old days, Summitkarl would have broke out a can of Spam. Whew!!! :D
oh man you just upped the ante, screw the Broccoli, Burger king onion rings here I come :p