PDA

View Full Version : Boat Rear-ended on trailer =(

Nubbs
09-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey all,
My boat was rear-ended on my way home from the lake today. The only visible damage is to the jet nozzle and the bow eye. However, I'm concerned with any possible hidden damage. I think I should have it inspected by a professional. Do any of you have any recommendations? I'm in So Cal near Long Beach.
Thanks
Nubbs

Trailer Park Casanova
09-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey all,
My boat was rear-ended on my way home from the lake today. The only visible damage is to the jet nozzle and the bow eye. However, I'm concerned with any possible hidden damage. I think I should have it inspected by a professional. Do any of you have any recommendations? I'm in So Cal near Long Beach.
Thanks
Nubbs
Your insurance company may have some good recomendations, even if you don't hand it over to them.
Oh brother do you ever want someone who knows what he's looking at.
Sorry to read of your hassle,, hope it's all straightened out soon.

VanDeano
09-09-2006, 02:35 PM
That has always crossed my mine. What horrific damage that could happen if my boat ever got rear ended. Im surprised no one has never invented some kind of bumper for that exact reason. I have seen some trailers that have a bumper on boats that have the outdrive always in the down positions like most cats. I never have seen any with V-bottom boats.

Havasu1986
09-09-2006, 03:19 PM
I would call Greg Shoemaker @ GS Marine in Corona. Jet boats are his specialty. 951 272-6060 172 Business Center Dr.

termiteguy
09-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I would call Greg Shoemaker @ GS Marine in Corona. Jet boats are his specialty. 951 272-6060 172 Business Center Dr.
I AGREE WITH ONE HE IS GOOD

Desert Rat
09-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Have it all checked out. If it hit the pump hard enough it might have transfered the impact into the crank, that would be bad! :cry:

HatenWinter
09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
My last boat was rear ended in Havasu while waiting in line to launch, while I was at a complete stop! The guy smashed up my outdrive and prop with his Chevy Tahoe. Worst part about it was the boat only had 4 hours on it. Good luck man, I feel for ya! :mad:

SOCALDETAIL1
09-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Go see Brian at B&D in El Monte right up the 605 from you. Mark

voodoomedman
09-10-2006, 07:08 AM
That has always crossed my mine. What horrific damage that could happen if my boat ever got rear ended. Im surprised no one has never invented some kind of bumper for that exact reason. I have seen some trailers that have a bumper on boats that have the outdrive always in the down positions like most cats. I never have seen any with V-bottom boats.
No they make then like that. I have seen a few. They are usually on the huge high dollar boats with high dollar engines and drives. It is an extra option from the trailer manufacturers.

VanDeano
09-10-2006, 07:34 AM
No they make then like that. I have seen a few. They are usually on the huge high dollar boats with high dollar engines and drives. It is an extra option from the trailer manufacturers.
I would like to see a pic of that. It would seem to be worth the expense to have something like that, just in case.

voodoomedman
09-10-2006, 07:42 AM
I would like to see a pic of that. It would seem to be worth the expense to have something like that, just in case.
This is from Extreme's website.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17501

LUVNLIFE
09-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Notice the swing away part. It opens up to drive the boat on. I have seen them made where there is a clear shot up the middle so you don't have to open up the swingaway. I'm sure someone has a picture. :cool:

VanDeano
09-10-2006, 09:32 AM
This is from Extreme's website.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17501
Thanks.....my luck a 4x4 would tag me.