PDA

View Full Version : Which Anchor?

Itsahobby
06-24-2003, 07:34 AM
Hi All,
I need an anchor for my 21' RaysonCraft.
Any suggestions on which one? I had a
Danforth(SP) for my Spectra but was wondering
if there is something better.
I mostly boat on lakes but do wonder the delta.
Thanks for your input.
ItsaHobby

DogHouse
06-24-2003, 07:38 AM
I think you'll get a lot of votes for the box anchor. It almost always sets on the first throw, doesn't need chain, folds up for easy storage. It's all good except a little pricey at about 120 bucks.
-brian

superdave013
06-24-2003, 07:50 AM
I say use wsuwrhr's mopar engine. That otta hold ya! lol
I've just got some old anchor from the ol' bait & tackle shop that works just fine.
My buddy got one of those box anchors and loves it. He better for the coin it cost. But it did come in a nice storage bag and it folds up pretty flat when not in use. Also you don't need to use a chain for it to work correctly. That's a big + as who wants a flippin chain in their boat.
So if you want to be big pimpin get a box anchor. They are pretty nice.

Itsahobby
06-24-2003, 07:56 AM
Looks like I'll be pimpin. I hated that chain.
Thanks guys.
Itsahobby
superdave013:
I say use wsuwrhr's mopar engine. That otta hold ya! lol
I've just got some old anchor from the ol' bait & tackle shop that works just fine.
My buddy got one of those box anchors and loves it. He better for the coin it cost. But it did come in a nice storage bag and it folds up pretty flat when not in use. Also you don't need to use a chain for it to work correctly. That's a big + as who wants a flippin chain in their boat.
So if you want to be big pimpin get a box anchor. They are pretty nice.

Hud
06-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Use a 35 lb. dumbell from Wal Mart. Put a bungie cord on the boat end of your anchor rope with a snap hook. Cost about 20 bucks for everything. If you want to get fancy, put a bungie cord in the middle of your tie off rope for the back. Been doing for 20 years and works great. The boat just sits there & rocks back & forth. Like having shocks on the water!! idea :D

superdave013
06-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Hud:
Use a 35 lb. dumbell from Wal Mart. Put a bungie cord on the boat end of your anchor rope with a snap hook. Cost about 20 bucks for everything. If you want to get fancy, put a bungie cord in the middle of your tie off rope for the back. Been doing for 20 years and works great. The boat just sits there & rocks back & forth. Like having shocks on the water!! idea :D I can tell you don't boat at Parker.

Hud
06-24-2003, 09:11 AM
No, never been there, but next year for Billy's deal in April. Whats the hot setup for Parker. idea

Hud
06-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Here's my setup for the lake. I have used it on the Sacramento river before. We just leave the tail loose! Works fine :D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119Anchor001-med.jpg

ssmike
06-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Hey HUUUUUUUUUUUUD,
I still need to come pick up some Kung Fu sauce..... When are you guys hitting the lake again??

I_C_E_Y
06-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Bag of rocks will hold it nicely.

Hud
06-24-2003, 10:19 AM
SS Mike, whats up :D

wsuwrhr
06-24-2003, 02:53 PM
superdave013
[QB] I say use wsuwrhr's mopar engine. That otta hold ya! lol
[QB]Hey now. What is that all about? I see how it is.
I'm not sure how to take that dig, so I'll just laugh and move on.
My boat RUNS....
haha
Brian

Hud
06-24-2003, 03:35 PM
SS Mike, as soon as my back doesn't feel like it's broke!! burningm