PDA

View Full Version : Pump intake hole size

holorinhal
09-09-2006, 11:54 PM
I am swaping my Jacuzzi pump for a Berk pump.The hole that exists in the boat (from the jacuzzi) is a strong 3/8" biger(width wise) than the Berk intake and is shorter than the intake ,length wise.I am doing a set back so the length is already going to be cut.
My question is this. Is the strong 3/8" larger hole(larger than the intake)going to be a problem? We are talking a scant 1/4" on both sides.Can I fill this with the epoxy,or should i re glass the hole and recut the hole to the exact size? What do I do about the bolt holes that allready exist,as they do not match the Berk holes...Thank's.......Hal

Wicked Performance Boats
09-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Hal, Just grind it and glass it all in and you can use my template to cut it again. OR you buy the beer and I'll come over and cut it out with you!!!!! BL

holorinhal
09-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey Pat that sound's like a deal!
Glassing the hole back in was where I was leaning towards anyway I just wanted to hear some feedback.I know it works ,but i just am not crazy about adding the plate to cover the setback hole.With all the glass work that I have done,especially on the deck,I guess glassing the hole is relly not that big of a deal .I still have moe holes to fill any way,becouse I am filling in all the guage holes,through exhaust holes and fittig holes,so i guess the intake hole sold'nt be that much more work! ...Thank's a bunch ...Hal