PDA

View Full Version : Garage Door Opener ??????'s

blackcloud75
09-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Anybody have issues with their garage doors just opening at random?????
Do I need to recode the unit itself?????
I don't have a clue how to figure the damn thing out...
HELP..

Riveratz
09-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Same problem here. Coming home from the river to see your garage door wide open and wondering how long it has been that way? Finally just unplugged it... Let me know what you come up with..

TCN
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Anybody have issues with their garage doors just opening at random?????
Do I need to recode the unit itself?????
I don't have a clue how to figure the damn thing out...
HELP..
Cory it is really easy to re-code. Call me when you get home and I will walk you through it. Also call me and let me know when you get off work because I may be heading to Havi in the morning with Nate to get away for a few days. Nick

cxr133
09-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Same problem here. Coming home from the river to see your garage door wide open and wondering how long it has been that way? Finally just unplugged it... Let me know what you come up with..
i have a thing called GARAGE BUTLER on our door.
our garage is detached and off an alley.... the wife was notorious for leaving it up.
the garage butler after a few minutes (can be changed 3, 5 , 10 , 20 min..etc.) will beep and then close opened garage door.

blackcloud75
09-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Cory it is really easy to re-code. Call me when you get home and I will walk you through it. Also call me and let me know when you get off work because I may be heading to Havi in the morning with Nate to get away for a few days. Nick
I am on OT tomorrow...
I am not sure what I did....I programmed an extra remote that's when things started going "hay-wire"....It won't do it for a couple days and then it will do it....
Havi tomorrow......wish I could muster up some time to go!

TCN
09-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I would just re-code the main and remotes and see if that fixes your problem. Sometimes mine will go down then go back up if the sun hits the laser thing just right. Kristan offered up the trip as a get away so maybe I will go if no OT tomorrrow or if I don't I will definately surf in the am then go somwhere for the charger game vs. the gayraiders.

blackcloud75
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I would just re-code the main and remotes and see if that fixes your problem. Sometimes mine will go down then go back up if the sun hits the laser thing just right. Kristan offered up the trip as a get away so maybe I will go if no OT tomorrrow or if I don't I will definately surf in the am then go somwhere for the charger game vs. the gayraiders.
You can work my OT here.........it's at Club Dred(St. 5) aka Project Central..
I am geeting burnt out! No PUN intended!
:rollside: The "speed wobble" is gettin' a coat of wax tomorrow!! :rollside:

C-2
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Somebody might have a universal remote/garage opener in the neighborhood. Between two of them you can open up pretty much anything. They work 2-3 houses away in average neighborhoods. if someone has one, it doesn't matter if you recode - it will still happen. Check with your neighbors, see if somebody lost a remote and got one.

blackcloud75
09-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Somebody might have a universal remote/garage opener in the neighborhood. Between two of them you can open up pretty much anything. They work 2-3 houses away in average neighborhoods. if someone has one, it doesn't matter if you recode - it will still happen. Check with your neighbors, see if somebody lost a remote and got one.
I added/programmed a universal remote.....that is when the problems began

cola
09-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Try the wired button on the wall. If the switch sticks it will send false signals and the door will open at random and may stop anywhere inbetween. I came home from Havasu on Monday to the same, open garage. :mad:
Late, Mike

C-2
09-10-2006, 09:31 PM
I added/programmed a universal remote.....that is when the problems began
Maybe it was coded to another nearby opener? Have you reprogrammed it several times?

RitcheyRch
09-11-2006, 03:51 AM
Could be a mismatch with the universal remote.