PDA

View Full Version : Any Formula One fans here?

Danhercules
09-11-2006, 06:11 AM
I am suprised not to see any threads on Michael Schumacher retiring. He is for sure one of the top drivers ever in motorsports.
This season will end with some good races.

Richie Rich
09-11-2006, 06:16 AM
I am suprised not to see any threads on Michael Schumacher retiring. He is for sure one of the top drivers ever in motorsports.
This season will end with some good races.
Michael Schumacher is the Ricky Carmicheal or Valentino Rossi (see Moto GP) of Formula 1. The talent pool is really gonna drop off once he retires. I use to think it was more car than talent with respect to his success but his body of work speaks volumes for his ability to drive car.

prosthogod
09-11-2006, 07:28 AM
I don't think he is done.

Danhercules
09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
I don't think he is done.
I never though about that. Interesting thought. You think he is gonna sit a season out?

Warlockjer
09-11-2006, 08:03 AM
At least he is going out while he's on the top. Great driver!!!!!!!!

Hardly Satisfied
09-11-2006, 08:09 AM
who cares Nascar rules

dossangers
09-11-2006, 08:20 AM
http://www.themagicofsenna.com/senna/images/92.jpg Greatest of all time Best rain driver EVER!http://www.themagicofsenna.com/senna/images/thheldsk.jpg

Danhercules
09-11-2006, 08:49 AM
who cares Nascar rules
Formula One is to NASCAR and MLB is to Little League.
MLB is the best of the best. Little League is fun to watch too. When I want to watch some ball, Little League will do. When I want the watch the best, i watch MLB.
Same with F1 and Nascar.

cdog
09-11-2006, 09:11 AM
I have to say, F1 in europe is like football, baseball and basketball combined. Michael S makes 30 million a year for racing and 40 million in endosements. F1 is world wide, everywhere except here in the US. The closest race is in canada. There are rumors MS will be racing in the http://www.americanlemans.com/home/ALMSHome.aspx
I'd say there really is no real comparison. Mabey tiger woods in another 10 years.

Waldo
09-11-2006, 09:13 AM
At least he is going out while he's on the top. Great driver!!!!!!!!
On top?..not yet. Fernando Alonso is the current champ and points leader. MS is only two points behind him with three races left so he could very well go out on top. Definitely one of the greatest racers of all time.

Danhercules
09-11-2006, 09:20 AM
F1 is world wide, everywhere except here in the US. The closest race is in canada.
Not true. US Grand Prix, held in Indy. But, there is not much of a following. Your right about that. I do hear next hear the USGP is in trouble.
There are rumors MS will be racing in the http://www.americanlemans.com/home/ALMSHome.aspx
That would be cool.

cdog
09-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Not true. US Grand Prix, held in Indy. But, there is not much of a following. Your right about that. I do hear next hear the USGP is in trouble.
That would be cool.
I had no idea they ran at indy. When are the dates? I follow this stuff and have never heard of it.

prosthogod
09-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Give him a year off and he will be back into it.

NorCal Gameshow
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
the speech he gave had... "i'm being forced out" all over it.
F-1 politics :rolleyes:

Waldo
09-11-2006, 10:18 AM
They had some tire issues last year which created a lot of bad blood between F1 and Indy.

Danhercules
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I had no idea they ran at indy. When are the dates? I follow this stuff and have never heard of it.
It was July 2nd.
Track Map (http://www.formula1.com/race/circuitmap/760.html)

dego red
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
I think he should go truck racing....He's won all the F1 there is to win, he's boring...go race a truck Mickey..
red

MOBrien
09-11-2006, 09:00 PM
the speech he gave had... "i'm being forced out" all over it.
F-1 politics :rolleyes:
no doubt about it. total sham. wouldn't be too surprised to see him in a new car with an even bigger contract in the not so distant future. no way he's done IMO.
isn't he only second only to Tiger in annual earnings among athletes?? I seem to have heard/read something to that effect. Michael's the man and F1 makes Nascar look like summer camp.

DMOORE
09-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Micheal is by FAR the top paid athlete. Total earnings from Ferrari is well over 40 million. With all other endorsements and business ventures, he makes over 100mil a year. Talk about the ultimate career!
Darrell.

dicudmore
09-11-2006, 09:21 PM
the series will definitely be different without him...but as stated above F1 has not been the same to me since Ayrton Senna was taken from us 12 years ago.

Tom Brown
09-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Greatest of all time Best rain driver EVER!http://www.themagicofsenna.com/senna/images/thheldsk.jpg
I love Senna and stopped watching after watching his crash and death in 93.
... but the only reason people cite him as the greatest driver is because he's dead. Prost edged him out, accomplishment wise. ... and neither of them dominated like Juan Fangio. Juan didn't win as many races as some of the modern drivers but they didn't have 17 race calendars back then.
... and then there's Richard Seaman. Seaman was a British driver who was head driver for the Silver Arrows team during the mid 1930s and early 1940s. Unfortunately for the English loin squirt, they erased his results because the Silver Arrows team was sponsered by the Nazi party during a dark period in history that everyone would like to forget. To give you an idea of Seaman's record, only 3 races were not won by Silver Arrows between 1934 and 1939 with the vast majority of those races being won by Seaman.
... so yeah, I loved watching him. The Senna/Prost battles were epic and beautiful for a rabid F1 fan like myself.
I wish Shumi would hang on for another year but there's no way that's going to happen.

Tom Brown
09-11-2006, 10:10 PM
no doubt about it. total sham. wouldn't be too surprised to see him in a new car with an even bigger contract in the not so distant future.
Are you kidding? Who can afford him? :D

Tom Brown
09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah. In 03 I sat beside a bunch of Americans who did nothing but talk about how great NASCAR is and how F1 sucks because there is no passing. It was the best race I'd ever seen with more passing than any race I can recall watching. The Indy F1 track is brilliant. I love the racing herritage there. It was way more fun for me than any race I've seen in Montreal and cost about half the price too.

Tom Brown
09-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Any Formula One fans here?
Oh... I guess I should mention, I fancy myself a bit of a fan. :)
Good thread. :cool:

cdog
09-11-2006, 10:25 PM
As a life long racing fan and racer I enjoy it all from F1 to Indy to neck car to monster trucks to MotoX. Something about engines and speed is awesome. I don't get the guy's who talk crap about other forms of racing. Road racing takes the most skill to master. But there are a lot of jonny come lately's to the auto racing arena.
TB yer takin it way old school.