PDA

View Full Version : Do you Remember the FURMAN crash?

monkey rage frank
09-11-2006, 07:42 AM
For a little update, The Furman Family was T-BONED by a drunk boating driver. This happend near Windsor. The verdict is in GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want more info google www.lancefurman.com all the updates are there.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Anyone know if the family is pressing for the full sentence?
This clown should get all his priors factored into the sentence.
If a family rep is on scene, it's a BFD to the court.
A sad event. Really sux.

sigepmock
09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I agree. I hope this guys gets put away for a long time.

DILLIGAF
09-11-2006, 08:15 AM
I remember this. Thanks for the update Frank. Hope he gets the full sentance

slink
09-11-2006, 08:17 AM
It says he is still out on bail. Kind of surprised the judge didn't remand him into custody right after the verdict. With that kind of sentence hanging over one's head, not uncommon to flee. Hope he is there on the 19th

HefeRaton
09-11-2006, 08:51 AM
What a tragedy! I hope they lock him up for a long time.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM
We were neighbors before they moved to Norco. Glad to hear - Guilty!

RitcheyRch
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the update.

Dave4XTC
09-11-2006, 11:53 AM
You should really get all the facts not just what you read on the Furman site, Anno was .07
What wasn't brought up was Furman was higher than a kite on meth and he crossed over between Anno and the boat he was following!

monkey rage frank
09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey Dave log onto the police report, not a word mentioned about lance being on meth. I knew lance and his Family personaly and he did not use Meth. for the record. I also had heard many stories about anno, both guys from Downey. Annos record tells what kind of character he is. Let Lance R.I.P.

LETZGO
09-11-2006, 05:59 PM
You should really get all the facts not just what you read on the Furman site, Anno was .07
What wasn't brought up was Furman was higher than a kite on meth and he crossed over between Anno and the boat he was following!
I think that's a pretty sh*t head thing to say at this point, were you there? Did you personaly see a blood test on Lance? Why no metion of this in police report? I guess police, whittness', jury and stated facts are all wrong and you are right!
The fact is that NOBODY should be operating a boat while drunk and if he blew or tested a .00 level he would'nt be going to prison for this accident, it would've been just that an accident.
The guys record (Anno) shows what a turd the guy is and should be flushed.
Maybe, if Anno was'nt intoxicated he could have had a faster reaction time and Lances family would still have a Father and husband.
R.I.P. Lance

SmokinLowriderSS
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I had no reason to post on here ..... untill ...............
Well, so far, in my digging (which tends to be agravatingly thorough), I can fi9nd absolutely NOTHING of your accusations Dave. If you have evidence of it, please post it, and reference it (unlike the above summary statement). I'm sure parties here would like to see it.
What I am finding looks like THIS:
Anno's blood alcohol level at the time of the accident was approximately .13, .08 is the legal limit operating a vessel.
Anno's boat had no lights.
Per Deputy Smith, Anno is at fault in the accident, even if you remove alcohol from the situation.
Anno was in violation of (Title 14, 6600 rules):
Unsafe speed for conditions
Not providing proper lookout
Unsafe crossing - Failure to yield to oncoming vessel to the right
Lance's lights on the boat were on and functioning.
As much as it sux, IF your "claim" that Furman "went between" Anno and a vessel in front of Anno, it STILL forces Anno to be the "give-way vessel", period, USCG regs. It STILL makes Anno wrong for hitting the vessel.
Otherwise, no need to go away angry, just go away. Back it up, or back up and shaddup.

Dave4XTC
09-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I think that's a pretty sh*t head thing to say at this point, were you there? Did you personaly see a blood test on Lance? Why no metion of this in police report? I guess police, whittness', jury and stated facts are all wrong and you are right!
The fact is that NOBODY should be operating a boat while drunk and if he blew or tested a .00 level he would'nt be going to prison for this accident, it would've been just that an accident.
The guys record (Anno) shows what a turd the guy is and should be flushed.
Maybe, if Anno was'nt intoxicated he could have had a faster reaction time and Lances family would still have a Father and husband.
R.I.P. Lance
Yes, I was there in court when the evidents of the toxicology report were presented to the judge showing that Lance had Meth in his system (taken from a tear duct) But because of Watsons Law (Look it up) the evidence were not let in.
As far as if Anno wasn't intoxicated it still would have been his fault according to Nautical Law, Furman had the "Right of Way"
All I'm saying is that Lance Furman is not a innocent victim!

THOR
09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
All I'm saying is that Lance Furman is not a innocent victim!
Show some class man. That sure sounds like you are saying he deserved it. Take that crap somewhere else.
I work for the Bobcat dealer that sold Lance his tractors and folks still talk about Lance all the time and what a great guy he was. He must have been from all the great stuff I hear about him.

Dave4XTC
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Nobody deserves to die, niether one of them should have been on the lake that night.

purrfecttremor
09-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes i remember this well.My wife and were just talking about this while floating at havasu last weekend and she got real upset all over again.This is why i have a designated driver when i drink out there.As far as making it sound like lance was partly at falt is pure BULL SHIT! Wasnt there a lance furnan donation thread last year ?

monkey rage frank
09-11-2006, 07:57 PM
thanks for all of your support! I guess that we all know who the sh*t heads are. There was a donation thread last year, you still can donate. Your donation goes to the Furman Family and you can get a sticker or a T-Shirt, I have a couple. The facts have come out, Lance did not use Meth nor did he even drink much, and at the time of the crash he did not have any alcohol in his system. Your sort of crossing up your words Dave first you said Lance was following someone and now you say Lance had the right away. This thread was'nt intended for you, If you have somthing to say please say it nicely or do yourself a favor and don't reply!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
09-12-2006, 06:39 PM
WOW they let him out... I bet he is already skipped out....

Nord
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=THOR]Show some class man. That sure sounds like you are saying he deserved it. Take that crap somewhere else.
QUOTE]
It didn't sound like he said he deserved it to me......

termiteguy
09-12-2006, 07:18 PM
omg this is depressing i knew this guy! he and i used to woork together back in 1992 at a termite company in bellflower i was just thinking about him the other day. im sad to here about this is there any other info on this accident.

Biglue
09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Just visited the his website. Man that was hard. He was in my age group with 3 kids as well. Seems like he had a good life going for him. God bless.

boats&bars
09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
dude were do you get off talking smack about someone who is not alive anymore and cannot defend himself. have some damn class and respecct the family and friends of lance take your b.s. accusations somewhere else.