PDA

View Full Version : just want to clear it up

amw
09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
The week before the dcb reggata on a tuesday or wendsday I was in copper canyon with my family and some friends tied up to a magic boat. It was getting late so I thought my wife and I would go for A ride down lake while it was still light out, my friend took my kids to the nautical cove and I told them that I would meet them there, when I left copper there was a cobra 29 in the back of copper and they also left at around the same time I figured they were thinking alike with it being so nice out, they were heding in the same direction and when we were both on plane very far apart from eachother I was probably doing about 70 with nobody on the lake when I picked it up to about 112 115 around that wide turn left came up on steamboat and asked my wife if she saw the cobra around not as if we were racing but just to make sure the surroundings were clear behind me she said she did'nt see them and "maybe they turned around" so I just stayed at 110 and went pretty far down the lake turned around and on my way back I saw a pontoon towing what I thought was an upside down dinggi cause only the front part was exsposed it looked nothing like any type of ***boat so I went to the nautical to meet my friend JC told him about the ride that there was only the cobra and nobody on the water and that we ran it down pretty far and that I went 115 bla bla that was that. Well I did the rest of my vacation through the week boated and come friday morning I get a call from AJ at savage marine and he asked me if I was running next to a cobra earlier in the week I said yes but April and I put some gas on and cut out and that were going on a ride down lake. "He says they had an accident" "I said oh my gosh are they ok" "he said yes" "I said what about the dog they had" "He said the dog is ok to" but I guess as the conversation went on they thought I saw the accident and left them in the water and just didnt tend to them during there accident they had.
I just want to say to the family that I had no idea that they had an accident and that was there boat being towed by the pontoon, my family and I would never leave someone in need of help if I had known that this happened I would have turned around stoppped to help and do whatever I had to do for there family to help them, I was very far infront and trveling very fast I did not know that this happened and it would take a very cold harted person to leave someone in a bad situation, I nor my family is not that person and I feel terrible about there incident Iam glad they are alive and well I didnt know they were upset at me cause they thought that I left them there. I think the people who know me will explain the type of family we have and that I would never want his to happen to anyone. I hope we can resolve this missunderstanding.

DCBDaytona
09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
This makes complete sense to me...I heard some rumors, no big deal. The Cobra flipped behind you...How could you have seen it at 100+mph?

MrsSigEpMock
09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
This makes complete sense to me...I heard some rumors, no big deal. The Cobra flipped behind you...How could you have seen it at 100+mph?
Good point, The last place I want to be looking (doing 100+) is behind me. Eyes on the "road" I hope this clears the air for ya. I wonder how the accident happened/caused it. I read the other thread about it but didn't give details.
Good Luck.

amw
09-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Thats what Im afraid of is rumors I dont want anyone to think Im like that I want everyone to come over and hang give a wave Im not like that..

Jyruiz
09-11-2006, 12:43 PM
So what really happen to the Cobra, did it really flip?

amw
09-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Good point, The last place I want to be looking (doing 100+) is behind me. Eyes on the "road" I hope this clears the air for ya. I wonder how the accident happened/caused it. I read the other thread about it but didn't give details.
Good Luck.
I didnt know there was another thread about it, to bad I missed it

amw
09-11-2006, 12:46 PM
I dont know didnt see the accident dont want to start any rumors

DCBDaytona
09-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes...there was a thread of people bashing the Cobra. It was the 29 Mod VP with a big blower motor. It blew over.

riverracerx
09-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I know AMW personally and he is one of the best guys around. He would never leave someone in need, especially on the water.
I hadn't heard about any of this before now, but I am sure it is a misunderstanding.
Glad everyone is alright.

amw
09-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Yes...there was a thread of people bashing the Cobra. It was the 29 Mod VP with a big blower motor. It blew over.
Thats too bad about the bashing, with boats getting faster and changing and with all the accidents lately I hate too bash anything or anyone

DCBDaytona
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Thats too bad about the bashing, with boats getting faster and changing and with all the accidents lately I hate too bash anything or anyone
It wasn't too bad :crossx:
People were questioning (I was one of them) the concept/idea of a larger Mod-VP style boat.

amw
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I know AMW personally and he is one of the best guys around. He would never leave someone in need, especially on the water.
I hadn't heard about any of this before now, but I am sure it is a misunderstanding.
Glad everyone is alright.
Thanks chris I think thats all It is but you know me I dont want anyone or family upset, chris I think I spelt misunderstanding wrong in my og statement you sure spell good

amw
09-11-2006, 12:52 PM
It wasn't too bad :crossx:
People were questioning (I was one of them) the concept/idea of a larger Mod-VP style boat.
I hear ya

TOBTEK
09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
If anybody personaly knows April and Anthony, they would know that they would have stoped in a second IF they knew of the accident! Great people, great boaters!!!... now if they would just spring open the check book and buy my Rhino :)
Sorry to hear of this Anthony! Im sure you and the Misses fill about the event. :frown:
Hope to see ya out there soon..... Toby

Havasu_Dreamin
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I had not heard any rumors about you, or anyone for that matter, not stopping. However, if the accident was behind you, you've got nothing to feel bad about.

havaduner
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
AMW, the owner of the Cobra is a friend of mine. He doesnt post ( I doubt he even lurks here) I will pass the info on to him.
Just to clarify, the boat didnt blow over, it rolled, from what has been figured, it was a driver over correction at speed.

DCBDaytona
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I think the thread might have been deleted...I believe it was a new Cobra 29SXT with an 1100 hp blower motor. Something happened while he was trying to push close to the F-29 and it let go. Boat rolled, passengers were okay.
There was a long thread about the design of a larger 29 ft. Mod VP...It was all relating to this flip/rollover. The king of the Mod-VP, Stoker, stopped making there 26 footer long ago...Not sure why, but that's the biggest that had been built before the Cobra.

Pro Max
09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
If it means anything to anyone I know Anthony and April and have for over a year now. They are stand up folks and I would bet anything when I tell you they would never leave anyone behind. I hope no one would think anything different of them.
note: I dont know how he could even see behind him with a prop spray twice as tall as his boat.

amw
09-11-2006, 01:38 PM
AMW, the owner of the Cobra is a friend of mine. He doesnt post ( I doubt he even lurks here) I will pass the info on to him.
Just to clarify, the boat didnt blow over, it rolled, from what has been figured, it was a driver over correction at speed.
I wasnt sure if he was on here or not Im glad there ok and I hope this clears it up on what they may have thought of my knowledge of the accident thanks

Trailer Park Casanova
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Good post.
And you know people vanish from behind all the time headed out other directions.
Your boats didn't make contact,, your thoughts are correct and to be expected.
Good to read all is well.
Hope everyone is over it and can put it all behind now.

UnionJack
09-11-2006, 02:52 PM
I think this is the boat... but I don't want to start a rumors.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0891.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_0909.JPG
I am just glad to hear everyone's alright. Anthony and April are great people, and rumors just suck, I would trust my daughter with them any weekend.
by the way.... I think my dad did the lettering

havaduner
09-11-2006, 03:02 PM
thats the boat,
BTW, your Dad does the lettering on all Cobras.

UnionJack
09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Not all, some people don't want a name... .but they all get their numbers from him

havaduner
09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Not all, some people don't want a name... .but they all get their numbers from him
Yeah, I know just giving you a hard time...
Also, the guy in the Black SKIN shirt is the owner of the 29.

UnionJack
09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Right on, well it looks like in the picture everyone's alright and the boat looks great.

isthismikeon?
09-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Was that a GPS 115mph or a speedometer 115mph.

amw
09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Was that a GPS 115mph or a speedometer 115mph.
gps speedo livorsi why?

amw
09-11-2006, 03:55 PM
If anybody personaly knows April and Anthony, they would know that they would have stoped in a second IF they knew of the accident! Great people, great boaters!!!... now if they would just spring open the check book and buy my Rhino :)
Sorry to hear of this Anthony! Im sure you and the Misses fill about the event. :frown:
Hope to see ya out there soon..... Toby
Im trying to clear this up and your trying to sell me a rhino you are a broker.

havaduner
09-11-2006, 03:57 PM
gps speedo livorsi why?
I think he's trying to yank your chain.

TOBTEK
09-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Im trying to clear this up and your trying to sell me a rhino you are a broker.
just playing with ya buddy......

amw
09-11-2006, 04:13 PM
just playing with ya buddy......
I know I called a couple of weeks ago to see if you were going up

amw
09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
I think he's trying to yank your chain.
yea didnt get it just thought I would give up the info

Havasu1986
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
How did Salvage Marine know it was you and how did they get your #

SnakeWrench
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
AMW, thank you so much for clearing things up. I will pass it on to the owner. I hope you don't think anyone ever blamed you for anything in this incident. The owner admitted it was his deal but wondered if you had seen it happen. That's all, He never laid any blame on you. But thank you for clearing things up on that end of it.

amw
09-11-2006, 05:25 PM
How did Salvage Marine know it was you and how did they get your #
Savage marine works on my boat the original call came from cobra to AJ at savage there was something said there in regards to "did he know of the accident" dont know what exact but they called AJ at savage cause they work on my boat he knows my #

amw
09-11-2006, 05:34 PM
AMW, thank you so much for clearing things up. I will pass it on to the owner. I hope you don't think anyone ever blamed you for anything in this incident. The owner admitted it was his deal but wondered if you had seen it happen. That's all, He never laid any blame on you. But thank you for clearing things up on that end of it.
Im glad to clear it up, I never thought anyone was blaming me for anything it was just unfortunate that I didnt see them, I wish I had been able to help and I hope they understand where I was at both of those points, infront didnt see behind me and on the way back couldnt make out that that was them and that it never crossed my mind that that had happened to them we just dont think of that its in the way way back of the mind. please pass it on like I said I hope they understand the circumstances.

bignet
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Man...that sucks, I hope those kids weren't on board. Only a few weeks left in the season.....it would suck to hear of any more accidents.
bignet