PDA

View Full Version : New Furd in the Family!!!

Cole Trickle
09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Well after months of trying to convince my Pops that it was time to trade the out of warranty H2 in for a new tow vehicle he finally broke down and purchased a new company truck.:D
With the deal that chris swung and the 0% it was too hard to pass up.
Big thanks to Chris Saylor (gqchris on HB) over at Ken Grody Ford for going out of his way to get us hooked up with a sweet price and insure that the deal wen't as smoothly as possible.
What really shocked me (Besides the price :crossx: ) was that chris is actually the I.T. director and has nothing to do with sales aside from geting me hooked up with the fleet sales department and making sure I got the best deal possible.(Not to mention he delivered it to my Dad and spent an hour making sure he understood all the new bells and whistles :p )
Here she is :rollside:
Fully loaded 2006 F-350 4x4 Lariat with the PSD.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491Furd2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491Furd1.jpg
This baby is sweet!!!20" wheels, Sunroof,FX4 package,Rear power Slider,Back up sensor,Built in tow command,adjustable pedals,etc.... I don't know if there is much more you can add to a truck.
I can't wait to steal this thing for the weekend and head for the desert:D

djunkie
09-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Does he park it in the garage?

Cole Trickle
09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
He has always parked his trucks outside.I don't think it would fit it pretty damm tall for a stock truck!!

djunkie
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
He has always parked his trucks outside.I don't think it would fit it pretty damm tall for a stock truck!!
Ok good. Just didn't want it to burn down his garage if it catches on fire. :rolleyes: :rollside:

RitcheyRch
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Nice truck.

SummitKarl
09-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Ok good. Just didn't want it to burn down his garage if it catches on fire. :rolleyes: :rollside:
maybe he won't be as sloppy and spill brake fluid all over the wire harness :crossx: :rollside:
BTW NICE!!! truck C.T.........I am jealous :cool:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-11-2006, 05:17 PM
What kind of warranty did they give you?

PowellScooter
09-11-2006, 05:36 PM
What kind of warranty did they give you?
Its 5 yrs and 60k, with the diesel powertrain running 5 yrs and 100k.
Nice truck, excellent choice, your dad should be well pleased with it.
Good one Karl ! :cool:

TOBTEK
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
thats my next truck. If Ford comes with the Twin turbo's.... im in! And not jacking with the suspension AT ALL! no lifts, no shocks, just air bags, and a AV system for the babies..... DONE!
The stock fords look nice, Congrats!

Riveratz
09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Ironically I just spent the weekend trying to find a truck like that. PM me his details if you do not mind so I can locate one myself. SB 350 are rare on the lots.

Cole Trickle
09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Ironically I just spent the weekend trying to find a truck like that. PM me his details if you do not mind so I can locate one myself. SB 350 are rare on the lots.
It took them a couple days to find the truck and convince the other dealer to part with it. :crossx:
I am almost positive that the other dealer had 2 of these when we were searching the database.
search gqchris and he will get you hooked up.(The 0% is gone but I think they still have rebates)

Cole Trickle
09-11-2006, 06:22 PM
thats my next truck. If Ford comes with the Twin turbo's.... im in! And not jacking with the suspension AT ALL! no lifts, no shocks, just air bags, and a AV system for the babies..... DONE!
The stock fords look nice, Congrats!
The truck is already big so were not sure if were gonna mess with the suspension.I would like to get some aftermarket 20's and wrap them in some 35's.
Tint and a touch screen up front with a couple monitors in the head rests should go in next week. :)

angry dad
09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Good call!! Nice truck!!

caroftheweek
09-11-2006, 07:28 PM
FORD...WHATEVER... :220v: :220v:

cc322
09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Let it gooooooooooo :rolleyes:

andy01
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I took a Ford this morning and wiped my tobtek when I was done......

cc322
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
How could you even compare the H2 as a tow vechicle compared to what you just got..... BTW Nice Rig

djunkie
09-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Let it gooooooooooo :rolleyes:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. casean
09-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Nice!!! Congrats to Chuck! :D Now you can get that bigger trailer and just use his truck :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-12-2006, 07:09 AM
GGChris just hooked us up with a 2006 F350 Super Duty 4x4 about 2 weeks ago. Super kickass deal too!!!
Congrats on the new truck! I love ours!!!!!
:rollside:

Tequila-John
09-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Congrats

Mrs. casean
09-12-2006, 07:14 AM
GGChris just hooked us up with a 2006 F350 Super Duty 4x4 about 2 weeks ago. Super kickass deal too!!!
Congrats on the new truck! I love ours!!!!!
:rollside:
Congrats Jason & Linda too :D Woohoo!

INSman
09-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Brandin
Although I am a loyal GMC guy for the time being and just picked up my new truck as well, that is a nice rig you guys got there and can do some serious towing. Nice to have the 20's already on and a step bumper :cool: Congrats

sigepmock
09-12-2006, 07:36 AM
My buddy just got one too. I was really suprised with how nice it was and I like the integrated brake controller and Aux switches. Got to ditch the running boards though...
Tell pops congrats on the new ride, very nice.
Dave says whenever you're ready for the AV upgrades he'll give you the hook up......now that you guys are famous and all from Truckin....I bet you get all kinds of freebee's :crossx:
Chris

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 07:41 AM
My buddy just got one too. I was really suprised with how nice it was and I like the integrated brake controller and Aux switches. Got to ditch the running boards though...
Tell pops congrats on the new ride, very nice.
Dave says whenever you're ready for the AV upgrades he'll give you the hook up......now that you guys are famous and all from Truckin....I bet you get all kinds of freebee's :crossx:
Chris
It's a pretty sweet truck and my dad seems to be happy with it.(He keeps asking me if there supposed to make the clacking noise;))
I was pushing him towards the Chevy or the Ford due to the tranny but the deal on the Ford was to hard to pass on.
Dave can be my first sponsor on the new truck;) I will be contcting him this week to see what we can do.:)
Hows the boat? How did it and the stereo perform?

socalmoney
09-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Will your Rhino fit in the back of a short bed?

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Brandin
Although I am a loyal GMC guy for the time being and just picked up my new truck as well, that is a nice rig you guys got there and can do some serious towing. Nice to have the 20's already on and a step bumper :cool: Congrats
Thanks!!
Congrats back at ya....do you already have the truck or is it in the shop getting the Blaine Pimp treatment?
How do you like the new motor and tranny?
Pretty big improvement over your previous truck?

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Will your Rhino fit in the back of a short bed?
I believe it will fit back there.I have seen others do it but I would want to rig up something to help strengthen the tailgate because the wheels do hang over the bed onto the tailgate.
I still have a 20' enclosed Carson but it would be nice to throw it in the truck for shorter trips.

INSman
09-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Thanks!!
Congrats back at ya....do you already have the truck or is it in the shop getting the Blaine Pimp treatment?
How do you like the new motor and tranny?
Pretty big improvement over your previous truck?
Not in the shop yet, but I will start the process in the near future. No big rush as the boating season comes to a close. Runs very nice and incredibly quiet. I haven't driven it much but in it's stock shell, it is nowhere near as fast as my last truck that was all "juiced" up. It will get there though, just on a more conservative basis.

sigepmock
09-12-2006, 08:06 AM
It's a pretty sweet truck and my dad seems to be happy with it.(He keeps asking me if there supposed to make the clacking noise;))
I was pushing him towards the Chevy or the Ford due to the tranny but the deal on the Ford was to hard to pass on.
Dave can be my first sponsor on the new truck;) I will be contcting him this week to see what we can do.:)
Hows the boat? How did it and the stereo perform?
Boat turned out great. Still getting used to driving a cat but it ate up the worst of Havasu's wind blown Saturday afternoon mess like it was nothing.....I couldn't stop grinning. The stereo turned out great too. It's nice to listen to the tunes running across the lake at 65mpg....then open the hatch when we stop and get blown out of the boat with the hatch speakers :crossx: I'm very impressed with Dave's work, the rigging/wiring on the stereo install is the best I've ever seen. I owe him big time.
When are you guys headed out next....you'lll have to check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.
Chris

GETSOME
09-12-2006, 08:13 AM
FORD? I think your dad lost some pimp factor.. But i know why he did it. Congrats on the new truck.
PS. I need a ride in your rhino before i buy one.....

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Boat turned out great. Still getting used to driving a cat but it ate up the worst of Havasu's wind blown Saturday afternoon mess like it was nothing.....I couldn't stop grinning. The stereo turned out great too. It's nice to listen to the tunes running across the lake at 65mpg....then open the hatch when we stop and get blown out of the boat with the hatch speakers :crossx: I'm very impressed with Dave's work, the rigging/wiring on the stereo install is the best I've ever seen. I owe him big time.
When are you guys headed out next....you'lll have to check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.
Chris
Nice....
Glad it all turned out like you expected. you need to post some more pictures of the install and some of the boat in the water.
We will be out on the water for the RRX Regatta.We are leaving thursday night and will be launching into havasu friday around 11am.
Can't wait to peep it out!! :p

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
FORD? I think your dad lost some pimp factor.. But i know why he did it. Congrats on the new truck.
PS. I need a ride in your rhino before i buy one.....
Pimp??
His truck came with factory 20's and your still rolling around on 17's;)
You ready to buy his 20's and Terra graplers? I am pretty sure you can unload your current set up for a decent amount and then I will make you a smoking deal on his.:D
Rhino rides are possible :crossx: :p :)

GETSOME
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Pimp??
His truck came with factory 20's and your still rolling around on 17's;)
You ready to buy his 20's and Terra graplers? I am pretty sure you can unload your current set up for a decent amount and then I will make you a smoking deal on his.:D
Rhino rides are possible :crossx: :p :)
I like the big tire look. Lifted trucks on 20s is not my style. Lowered trucks on 20s is fine. Call me old school. You need the lifted truck in the 909 so you will fit in better. Need to ride in a rhino before i buy one girlfriend wants one bad now that she rode in williams that drunkin night.

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 08:35 AM
I like the big tire look. Lifted trucks on 20s is not my style. Lowered trucks on 20s is fine. Call me old school. You need the lifted truck in the 909 so you will fit in better. Need to ride in a rhino before i buy one girlfriend wants one bad now that she rode in williams that drunkin night.
It's cool I know you have a little country in ya and would be sporting the 15" Aloca wheels if the Duramax didn't have such big brakes.
When are you getting the cow killer on the front and the naked lady mud flaps?
If your OK with driving it on the street you can check it out this weekend.If you think there fun on asphalt there 10X more exciting in the dirt.The whole key to the side by sides is no fast turns..they don't slide like quads)
I still haven't gotten that paperwork?

GETSOME
09-12-2006, 08:54 AM
It's cool I know you have a little country in ya and would be sporting the 15" Aloca wheels if the Duramax didn't have such big brakes.
When are you getting the cow killer on the front and the naked lady mud flaps?
If your OK with driving it on the street you can check it out this weekend.If you think there fun on asphalt there 10X more exciting in the dirt.The whole key to the side by sides is no fast turns..they don't slide like quads)
I still haven't gotten that paperwork?
Not sure about the paper work, just keep a eye out for it. Just got back from Cabo so working on gettin my ass to regular life again. Get the concrete in and electric? BBQ at your house! I think i want the rhino experience or go to the desert with my parents and you can sell my dad on it.(he is not sold yet)

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Not sure about the paper work, just keep a eye out for it. Just got back from Cabo so working on gettin my ass to regular life again. Get the concrete in and electric? BBQ at your house! I think i want the rhino experience or go to the desert with my parents and you can sell my dad on it.(he is not sold yet)
They started yesterday on moving dirt and breaking up the concrete. Hopefully the old concrete is out today and they start on the wall. electrician is coming to look at the house tonight and I hope to run everything this weekend so they can start on the concrete next week.
Barbeque is about done we stopped by and checked it out sat. :)
Bring your work clothes and I will suppply food and beer. I neeed to run sprinkler lines and electrical piping sat/sun :yuk: :220v: