PDA

View Full Version : NFL Tops 9/11 Specials Sunday

Riverless
09-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I guess a lot of people forgot... :mad:
Link to article (http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratings091006,0,2187911.story?coll=zap-tv-ratings-headlines)
NFL Tops 9/11 Specials Sunday
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3692jmadden.jpg
NBC moved into the lead at 8 p.m. with the debut of "Sunday Night Football," which combined with the final segment of the pregame show for a 12.0/19. ABC's movie "The Path to 9/11" earned a 7.6/12 for the hour to take second. CBS got a 6.2/10 from "60 Minutes" and the documentary "9/11." FOX aired the season premieres of "The Simpsons," 6.9/11, and "American Dad," 5.3/8. "Charmed" brought up the rear for The WB.
The NFL game between the Indianapolis Colts and New York Giants improved to 13.2/20 at 9 p.m. ABC's movie stayed in second with an 8.2/12, while "9/11" improved to 7.6/11 on CBS. FOX stayed in fourth with "Family Guy," 5.9/9, and "The War at Home," 4.6/7. The WB closed its night with a second "Charmed."
At 10 p.m., "Sunday Night Football" delivered a 12.9/21 for NBC. "The Path to 9/11" drew a 7.9/13 for ABC, while the end of "9/11" and "Cold Case" averaged 5.6/9 for CBS.

Rexone
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I find it not all that surprising. Many people have gotten real complacent in the aftermath of 911. :mad:
There will be another wake up call I'm afraid though. A rogue nuke or bio weapon set off in one of our cities could kill millions, not 3000. Our borders are essentially transparent. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the eventual results given the known agenda of terrorists.
Yes I'm pissed. Our government can kill thousands of terrorists elsewhere but all it takes is a few here. Just leave the borders open Bush, its great for business and we wouldn't want to offend Mexico now would we? The richest country in the world can't control its own borders, but we can track every damn cow in the world down to the square foot and give billions away to foreign governments who for a large part waste or don't appreciate it.
I guess its a good thing I'm not president. All the concrete block, rebar, and barb wire companies would be having record sales and foreigners would have a little different check in procedure to the US. Tom Brown wouldn't just drive on over with his M16 in the trunk.

Caribbean Jet
09-11-2006, 06:00 PM
My wife and I watched a documentary on 9/11 last night on CBS. There was a camera guy out doing some video work with a NYFD crew and shot video of the plane going over and hitting the tower. The story began there, they ended up being one of the first teams on the scene. This camera guy was in one of the buildings when of the first tower fell, along with the crew he was filming. It was a heart wrenching thing to watch. It was a 2 hour special with NO commericals and this guys live video showed shots from in side the towers. He was able to show what the firemen were going through along with people from the street. You firemen are just that MEN. Thank you for doing what you do.

Jbb
09-11-2006, 06:06 PM
I dunno......television here has been saturated with 911 specials for the last week....I dont think that many have forgotten,and I would hesitate to judge their patriotism if they didnt watch the specials all day.....People want to move on with their lives......I understand.....and I had relatives in the north tower as well....It's pretty doubtful that this country will ever forget what happened that day...I myself,am happy our country is exacting some measure of revenge for the innocents who lost their lives....but it's coming at a terrible cost as well......there are no easy answers......and the problem we face with terrorism will not go away anytime soon....

Riverless
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I agree JBB, the airwaves have been saturated with 9-11 specials. I also understand people wanting to move on with their lives, especially people that lost loved ones that day. I guess it was the irony that got to me, that in the United States of America, the NFL (which I am a fan of), would gather more attention than 9-11 anniversary specials. :rolleyes:

Riverless
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Tom Brown wouldn't just drive on over with his M16 in the trunk.
:p

QuickJet
09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I didn't do the math, but if you ad up all the 9/11 shows don't they surpass the amount of viewers watching NFL. Sure they might not have been watching the "same" show about 9/11 but they were watching a 9/11 show none the less.

imbndvs
09-12-2006, 04:58 AM
I have seen 5 years worth of specials on 9/11. Do you expect people to stop their lives and watch the same specials every year? I WON"T forget 9/11 but I chose to watch brother vs. brother on Sunday night football. That is a game you won't see every year after year.

Riverless
09-12-2006, 05:42 AM
I watched The Path to 9/11 on ABC. It was a "new" miniseries based on the 9/11 Commission Report and other sources. Very educational, helped me understand the events that led up to 9/11. Some of the events I had already heard of, others I had not. Excellent show IMO. It also had a lot of controversy leading up to its airing, because of the controversy, I thought more peeps would have watched it.

bear down
09-12-2006, 07:16 AM
My wife and I watched a documentary on 9/11 last night on CBS. There was a camera guy out doing some video work with a NYFD crew and shot video of the plane going over and hitting the tower. The story began there, they ended up being one of the first teams on the scene. This camera guy was in one of the buildings when of the first tower fell, along with the crew he was filming. It was a heart wrenching thing to watch. It was a 2 hour special with NO commericals and this guys live video showed shots from in side the towers. He was able to show what the firemen were going through along with people from the street. You firemen are just that MEN. Thank you for doing what you do.
This was the best documentary made on 9/11. Those two brothers did a great job, sad to see the father be the first official death in the attacks. Sad to see the towers the night before and the footage the day after. Sad to say the least

QuickJet
09-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I watched The Path to 9/11 on ABC. It was a "new" miniseries based on the 9/11 Commission Report and other sources. Very educational, helped me understand the events that led up to 9/11. Some of the events I had already heard of, others I had not. Excellent show IMO. It also had a lot of controversy leading up to its airing, because of the controversy, I thought more peeps would have watched it.
I watched and had heard about the controversy as well. Apperantly there was an uproar about missleading "fiction" added to the film. I thought it was all pretty true until I saw the A-Rab in the bath tub...then I knew it was full of shitt....

pumpercaptain
09-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to Carribiean Jet, and I'M WITH YOU REXONE!!
Both parties share the blame for this mess our great country is in.
Pick any subject you want regarding government and look how screwed up it is...
Do you think if we were to say- keep a few billion dollars of OUR MONEY that we send to whomever has their hand out here at home for a few years, we could build a barrier and hire the people to watch over it?
But its really not about that. Its about these PC correct politicians getting their pockets lined quite handsomley by the special interest groups and lobbyists year after year, and getting votes so they can continue that MO.
Not one of these yaps has taken a stand and made a public statement saying "we need to close the borders, and send everyone here that is not a U.S. citizen home."
Got no problem with anyone coming here... DO IT THE RIGHT WAY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS BEFORE!!!
I am so fed up with these spoiled, silver spoon Yale boys wasting my tax money and telling me they are working hard for me and my family, and saying we are doing the right things for this country.... NO YOUR NOT.
Yes. It is going to happen again. They are already here. They know there are numerous "sleeper cells" here now, just waiting patiently and planning.
But this stuff is old news, right??? Even the FIRE DEPARTMENTS have forgotten about this stuff... read this link.
http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=41&id=51109
And wonder what would be a good way to get more and more of these towel heads in here???
My Grandpa always said keep your hogleg handy and your powder dry... anyone that thinks something else is not coming down the road for all of us capitalist pigs is flat wrong. And the clock is ticking.
And when the invasion of armed Chinese, Russians, and Muslims begins, run to your gunsafes and get your weapons boys and saddle up... just like the revolution and the minute men... cause thats who we are going to be fighting with as well...
Thats if the liberals haven't taken your guns away from you by then...
The sheer numbers of soldiers between these 3 outnumber us probably 10-1.
During WWII, when England was on the edge of being invaded by Nazi's, many American's sent the British citizens there guns to defend themselves and their homeland, cause they didn't have any!!!
People like to call this kind of talk "rhetoric" or "crazy" I think...
"Hey. Who's going to start a war on a beautiful Sunday morning here in Paradise???"
Or on a Sunny Tuesday morning in September????
Well here is one more "crazy" idea...
how long has the southern border been ignored by Washington and left wide open??????
The first WTC attack was in 93.
Thats been 13 years ago.
In just 13 years I wonder how many terrorists and their equipment could have just walked in from Mexico just over that time frame, and be here positioned all around the country in small fighting groups???
How many people could be killed or injured if say just a small group of 200 towel heads in several major cities started shooting and conducting urban warfare... what about in your smaller suburban cities and towns?
I dare say a well armed and coordinated battle group could take a small city hostage for some time if your is anything like where I live.
If hell breaks loose in several areas of the U.S., who is going to fight these animals? The police???
Whats the number you call to get the Marines or the Army or a couple Apache's?????
We saw what just TWO GUYS could do with automatic rifles and body armor in Los Angles several years ago after a bank robbery. The poor cops and the public were sitting ducks.
Crazy???? Maybe.
Whats the alternative? How about a nuke in downtown Chicago or L.A.???
5 years ago did YOU really think someone would fly airplanes into buildings and kill thousands of people here in our own cities?????
Do the American people really believe what happens in Isreal nearly every day can't begin happening here in our malls and on our streets???
CLOSE THE BORDER. ROUND UP ALL ILLEAGALS AND SEND THEM HOME. YOUR BREAKING OUR LAWS... AND IF THEY ARE A MUSLIM, GIVE EM SOME BACON TO EAT AND A PLAYBOY FOR THE TRIP OUT A HERE.
I'm done with this mess!!
9-11 NEVER FORGET
FDNY Lt. Pete Martin and FF John Vigiano
GODSPEED TO OUR TROOPS, and may GOD be with AMERICA.
If he still cares...
Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Riverless
09-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Quickjet,
To my understanding, the controversy was mostly about how the show trashed the Clinton administration. The democrats were pissed and put pressure on ABC to delete some of the scenes. ABC ended up caving and deleted some of the scenes that made Clinton look bad. Here is a link to the deleted scenes if you are interested.
http://www.redstate.com/911clips

QuickJet
09-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Quickjet,
To my understanding, the controversy was mostly about how the show trashed the Clinton administration. The democrats were pissed and put pressure on ABC to delete some of the scenes. ABC ended up caving and deleted some of the scenes that made Clinton look bad. Here is a link to the deleted scenes if you are interested.
http://www.redstate.com/911clips
I know. I had been following the whole thing on KFI and how it was be butchered. What I wrote was actually meant as a joke (with some seriousness as well). The whole purpose of my post was to point out that A-rabs don't bathe, therefore the whole movie was a lie :D
And rather than blame Clinton or Bush, I put the blame on Bin Laden and those who carried out the acts.

Riverless
09-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Ok, so I'm a little slow, lol.
I didn't watch all the deleted scenes yet, but most of #3 was not deleted. Even with the deleted scenes I still felt the creators of the show got their point across, that the Clinton admin had opportunities to get Osama, but chose not to. And, that there were red flags all over the place, that Bin Laden and his boys were planning an attack on american soil, involving aviation. Many in the CIA and the FBI wanted to get these bastards, but the higher ups would not give the go ahead, for whatever reason. Hopefully our gov't has learned many lessons from this, but after watching this show, I feel even less secure in this country than before 9/11.