PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

rude235
02-09-2002, 05:14 PM
I have just aquired a v-drive for the unbelieveable price of FREE! It was sitting in a field all by its lonesome. The problem is I don't really know much about v-drives. The only thing I know about the boat is that it is a Mandella and is a bit over 17ft. It is currently painted mostly black with the numbers 449 on each side toward the back. On the transom it has the name "Seatrend". There are no registration numbers and I can't find any hull ID numbers. There is no motor or interior either. I don't really know where to start on this future hot boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Like I stated earlier, I don't really know to much about v-drives so any advice would need to be in terms an outboard guy could understand. Thanx in advance for any help.

old rigger
02-09-2002, 05:28 PM
rude235,
Wow, what a find. Any hardware in the boat?
You're not gonna find any #'s on the hull like a boat has now days. Putting them in the hull, and sometimes deck, didn't start until the 70's and I would venture a guess your Mandella is a little older than that. Maybe not. The older boats had a little tag screwed to the inside of the gunnale, transom, or sometimes on an old outboard, inside the motor well. Hopefully, Hottrodder will see this and respond to it. He's pretty sharp on the Mandella stuff.
It's funny, I know of one, all white, no motor or seats, but have not seen it yet. It's pretty cheap but not free!!!

SPECTRABRENT
02-09-2002, 05:31 PM
Old Rigger,
HOw is your Spectra 20 coming along? Are you going to Long Beach swap meet?
Brent

rude235
02-09-2002, 06:16 PM
unfortunately there really was no hardware with the boat. there are two fins on the bottom but the front one is pretty bent and gouged. i did find what looks to be a steering fin lying on the ground near the hull. i'll have to see if i can find a tag or something along those lines inside the boat somewhere. thanx for the info.

old rigger
02-09-2002, 06:57 PM
SPECTRABRENT,
Yeah, I'm going to the swap tomorrow. You?
The Spectra? Well, it's at a big friggen stand still. I should have looked into picking up the 24 you had for sale. I just had no place to put that big of a boat, but I would have been much closer to having a Spectra in the water. I'm looking for a little dock beater now just to have something to use. I might buy back a 16 Tahiti that I restored about 10 years ago. It's an outboard, but what the hell.

boat030
02-10-2002, 04:43 PM
rude235, what part of the country are you in[?]

rude235
02-11-2002, 12:19 PM
i'm in nevada. why do you ask?

boat030
02-11-2002, 12:37 PM
because i have a friend that runs that # on his race boat i know he hasn't raced long enough for it to be one of his but sometimes when you run a # that has been run before you end up with some history about the # like who used to run it, what class, etc. , etc., i will ask him. you don't have any idea what year it is???

rude235
02-15-2002, 04:48 PM
no i sure don't. i've got some idea on where to start looking for the ID number for the hull but have yet to find it. once i figure out where the ID plate is i should be able to get you a bit more info about the boat.