PDA

View Full Version : Job opening

topless
09-12-2006, 08:27 AM
I just got this email from a very good friend who is a producer in Hollywood. This was sent to him so I thought I'd pass it along.
Hello Friends.
I have a position open in my dept. I post it @ the usual places but have yet to find the right person. I have been seeking this person for 4 mos. I need your help. If you know anyone, please send em my way.
WANTED: Ball busting, smart, work-a-holic, team leader, who wants to work for a next to nothing salary in the World Famous KROQ Promotions Dept. You will be the boss of 30 people, be accountable for coordinating everything we do on the streets @ our many concerts and events throughout the year. You will make no money and like it. You get to go to concerts, movie premieres and hang out with some dope people. I don't think you exist so prove me wrong. Email your resume to : hiremedamnit@kroq.com. No phone calls please. If you call us that means you can't follow instructions and no matter how good you may be, we will throw your resume away since you don't know how to follow directions.
amy stevens
marketing & promotions dtr
KROQ

Mandelon
09-12-2006, 08:29 AM
I wonder how much is doesn't pay....... :rolleyes:

topless
09-12-2006, 08:34 AM
I wonder how much is doesn't pay....... :rolleyes:Sounds like a promising position.

deltaAce
09-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Looks like a way to get a toe in the door & "Network" through the food chain.

soupersonic
09-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Can you get me the phone # ?
:p

Dave C
09-12-2006, 08:41 AM
me too... I wanna meet some "dope people" for little to no pay... :rollside:

topless
09-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Funny thing is, it was an actual email from that Amy Stevens chick. I think we all need to call her.

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 08:45 AM
My boss' son works for KROQ. He does meet some dope people, even dating Natalie Portman for a little while. He works on the Kevin & Bean show and sometimes produces other shows there. He loves it.

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 08:48 AM
My boss' son works for KROQ. He does meet some dope people, even dating Natalie Portman for a little while. He works on the Kevin & Bean show and sometimes produces other shows there. He loves it.
Does he still live at home with your Boss? :crossx: :p :idea:
Nothing better than a hard to get job that pays nothing;)

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Does he still live at home with your Boss? :crossx: :p :idea:
Nothing better than a hard to get job that pays nothing;)
Funny but no. As a communications major in college, one would be used to non-paying internships so this is actually a good job.

Phat Matt
09-12-2006, 08:53 AM
It's called being the head intern.

SHOTKALLIN
09-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I dont have, tatoos, multi colored hair, and piercings in my face. I wouldn't make it past the first interview.

Cole Trickle
09-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Funny but no. As a communications major in college, one would be used to non-paying internships so this is actually a good job.
My mom is an Executive with Universal and they pay for crap when you are hired out of college. She has nothing to do with it but they hire kids with MBA's all the time for under 30K a year.Sucks but everybody want's to be in the entertainment business. :rollside: :220v: