PDA

View Full Version : anyone hear anything about this-????

Sherpa
09-12-2006, 08:45 AM
If you were the one at Shaver lake with your yellow ski boat with a tower with yellow speekers Saturday Sept 2 at 400 pm, you ran over a 11 yr old boy wake boarding. He has face and chest cuts from your prop, and is in critical condition at Valley Childrens Hospital. Dont run and hide, step up and be a man and face the music.
Father of Injured Boy Makes Desperate Plea

September 5, 2006 - A boy from Bakersfield is in critical condition at Children's Hospital in Madera County after a boating accident on Shaver Lake and his father is making a desperate plea
Over the weekend, Jeff McEntire's jet ski was pulling his 11-year-old son, Dallen McEntire, on a knee board at Shaver Lake until suddenly a speeding boat appeared and ran over the boy. Dallen suffered serious head injuries.
Jeff McEntire believes the driver of the yellow and white boat knew the boy was hit, but just kept going. "If you did it and know you did it, then you've got to live with that. If you're not willing to step forward and take action or be responsible, that's something you have to live with."
As of now, Dallen McEntire is still in a coma. It may be several days until doctors know how much damage has been done.
A possible suspect boat was tracked down in the Los Angeles area, but the owner has denied any knowledge of the accident.
Investigators are asking anyone with any information to contact the Fresno County Sheriff's Department.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Read about this in the Sunday LA times, very sad. We vacationed every summer for two weeks at Shaver Lake for over 20 years, great lake, totally different boating at 5600 ft when compared to desert lakes, cold water though.

Captain Dan
09-12-2006, 09:32 AM
The roll bar boater needs to step up and take responsibility for his/her actions. It's that damn Pepsi generation mentality.....
If the driver doesn't have the integrity to step up then hopefully a passenger or someone who knows about the incident will turn them in.
Thoughts and prayers for the injured boy.......

ratso
09-12-2006, 09:40 AM
How can you be so sure they knew they hit this kid???
He might have been Drunk and be totally unaware... :mad:

Jetdriver
09-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Any pics of the boat???

scared shippless
09-12-2006, 02:20 PM
What kind of shit is that to say, did'nt you read they got the cf #s you probly dont think clinton inhaled either, or he did'nt turn away the oppertunity to get bin****enladen, this kind of stick up for these out of line cowards, that dont have the balls to step up to the plate and except the responsibility of their own actions, puts a bad name on all boaters of all kinds, I know most of you out there do agree with what I aim saying, This little kid is only 11 yrs old out having a good time with his father, I can only prey to god that this little boy and his family will make it through his trouble times and most importantly they catch this guy who squats to go pee.
this is (katchenup) not scared shipless
steve

JetBoatRich
09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
It did not say they had the CF#'s, the tracked down a boat. :mad: what made them assume this person a suspect?
would like to know more about the "SUSPECT" was at that lake over the weekend, etc

poncho-pwr
09-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Yep, I would never believe that someone could run over another person and not know it, that's bullshit! If you are so messed up that you don't remember running over someone then you shouldn't be driving your f*cking boat or anything else. He may not remember running over the kid but I bet he remembered to haul ass to the boat ramp so he could put it on the trailer and go home. Chicken shit pansey!

Mrs.Racer277
09-12-2006, 02:34 PM
What kind of shit is that to say, did'nt you read they got the cf #s you probly dont think clinton inhaled either, or he did'nt turn away the oppertunity to get bin****enladen, this kind of stick up for these out of line cowards, that dont have the balls to step up to the plate and except the responsibility of their own actions, puts a bad name on all boaters of all kinds, I know most of you out there do agree with what I aim saying, This little kid is only 11 yrs old out having a good time with his father, I can only prey to god that this little boy and his family will make it through his trouble times and most importantly they catch this guy who squats to go pee.
steve
Where does it say they had the CF #'s

Mrs.Racer277
09-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Very sad. The family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

SHOTKALLIN
09-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I guess every yellow boat with a roll bar is a suspect?

Biglue
09-12-2006, 02:42 PM
steve
Take it easy buddy. I don't think you'll find one person that will condone what happened with the hit and run. I hope the kid pulls through. Best thoughts and prayers go out for the family.

460 jus getn it
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Wow, that is horrible. Thought and prayers go out to the family. I hope the boy pulls threw.

ratso
09-12-2006, 02:52 PM
I guess every yellow boat with a roll bar is a suspect?
...yes? :idea:

scared shippless
09-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Chump change wrote I simply love this they get the cf#s and go to the owners house and he denies anything about it, I assumed they got the cf#s thats how I understood it, if they did not that is a shame, That still does not change my mind about this situation, and if I sound a little harsh I do apologize, I'm not normally like this, however when it comes to total stupidity like this it does get to me specially when it involves a little kid, I just dont see how anyone can run over someone and not know it, and being drunk that is not even an excuse, I'm finished venting thank you for your ears or in this case your eyes.
steve (katchenup)

ratso
09-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Chump change wrote I simply love this they get the cf#s and go to the owners house and he denies anything about it, I assumed they got the cf#s thats how I understood it, if they did not that is a shame, That still does not change my mind about this situation, and if I sound a little harsh I do apologize, I'm not normally like this, however when it comes to total stupidity like this it does get to me specially when it involves a little kid, I just dont see how anyone can run over someone and not know it, and being drunk that is not even an excuse, I'm finished venting thank you for your ears or in this case your eyes.
steve (katchenup)
I am sure they knew it and ran because they were drunk... I'd bet money on it.

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
A possible suspect boat was tracked down in the Los Angeles area, but the owner has denied any knowledge of the accident.
Investigators are asking anyone with any information to contact the Fresno County Sheriff's Department.
I simply love this part. They get the CF numbers off the boat, go to the owners house and he has no knowledge of the incident or of anyone using his boat......hmmmmm...

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
steve (katchenup)
I put my post back up. I took it down because quite frankly, I didn't know where you were coming from and quite frankly, I still don't understand your first post. I still don't understand your post in regards to mine though, maybe a little punctuation will help.
On another forum, they stated they got the CF#s, otherwise, how could they possible go to the owner of the boats / suspect's house as stated in the article.
The fact that the owner of the boat can somehow deny any involvement when the police found him "somehow" completely baffles me. When I stated, "I love this", it's the fact that people deny everything in life, even when they are guilty.

ratso
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I still never saw where they got the numbers... but then I might be in "Dumbass Mode"

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I still never saw where they got the numbers... but then I might be in "Dumbass Mode"
Although from another forum, that was what I guess I mistakenly assumed that due to the fact that they were able to go to an owner's house.

ratso
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Ratso I do appologize for getting a little excited at what you said, I dose'nt take me long to cool off. Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is steve my wife is janet I go by the name katchenup janet goes by scaredshipless, we live in vacaville ca. and are on laid back and banderlog all the time, I know this is'nt the thread to put this, It just seemed like a good time to simi introduce myself, once again I do apologize.
steve (katchenup)
lol...don't start apologizing on here. They'll come after you like a pack of wild dogs. :D

SummitKarl
09-12-2006, 03:16 PM
first off prayers to the young boy...thats awful :(
if the guy that the cops went to visit denies it, it's real easy for the cops to prove or disprove his claims and I am sure they are on it.
really it's as simple as checking the guys bank statements to see if he was in the area, unless he paid cash for the whole trip and has some sort of receipt for NOT being there. but it's kinda hard not to leave some sort of paper/Internet trail for just about anything you do these days. if the investigators are diligent in their duties he will be found.

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Here is an article from the day prior to the one posted above. I have put in bold part of the article which would make you assume they have numbers. I'll post it here too. How would they know where the boat is registered if they didn't have the numbers.
Investigators say the boat is registered in Los Angeles, and that they have talked to the boat's owner. But he is denying that they were involved in this accident with this child
Boy in Critical Condition After Being Hit by BoatSeptember 4, 2006
- A speeding boat hit a young boy while he was knee boarding. The accident happened Saturday afternoon at Shaver Lake.
The McEntire family drove up from Bakersfield to spend the holiday weekend at Shaver Lake. Saturday afternoon, Jeff McEntire said he was towing his 11-year-old son Dallen on his knee board, when a speeding boat came around the corner and ran over his son. Making things even worse, the boat's driver never stopped and kept on going.
"I know for a fact that the driver of that boat knows he hit something. You cannot possible hit something in a boat, especially a 70 pound child, and not be aware of it," said McEntire.
McEntire, a Fire Captain with the City of Bakersfield, tells Action News that his young son is in a coma with major head injuries.
"The father was heading into towards shore, and a boat was coming straight at him. The father yelled and waved to try to catch operators attention to get him to stop, but the boat just kept on going, the father said he looked back and saw the boat strike his son," said Deputy Chris Tullus of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department.
McEntire was hit by the boat's propeller, his head injuries are severe. A helicopter air-lifted him to Children's Hospital, where he is listed in critical condition.
"He was struck by the um, what we call the chine, where the two sides meet in the very front, and the prop is what cut, cut him, he has some pretty substantial cuts to his face," said Deputy Tullus.
"Very sad, you know, because I would want somebody to stop if my child was hit, just to make sure everything was ok," said camper Melinda Gomez.
Gomez and her family were camped out next to the boaters, and about 20 of their friends.
"Whoever was there, present, were all drinking, all day long," said Gomez.
Gomez said after the accident the boat disappeared and so did the group.
Investigators say the boat is registered in Los Angeles, and that they have talked to the boat's owner. But he is denying that they were involved in this accident with this child.
What investigators need now is a witness to come forward, to positively link the boat to the accident.

ratso
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I do know that around here, 2 of my boats are Red Yellow and Orange... so if a boat even within that spectrum of colors is involved in anything, they show up at my place first... matter of fact if it's a speedboat period, they show up at my place... :rolleyes:

Her454
09-12-2006, 03:20 PM
lol...don't start apologizing on here. They'll come after you like a pack of wild dogs. :D
No they wont, I've got yer back Steve. ;)
I hope they catch the bastards. :mad: If that was my child I would be devastated. I feel so bad for that family. I also cant imagine not knowing you have hit an 11 year old kid, UNLESS you were drinking. Either way, its very sad and my heart goes out to the family and that child.

ChumpChange
09-12-2006, 03:22 PM
MudPumper: We hadn't even started to flame you yet ;)

Biglue
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
first off prayers to the young boy...thats awful :(
if the guy that the cops went to visit denies it, it's real easy for the cops to prove or disprove his claims and I am sure they are on it.
really it's as simple as checking the guys bank statements to see if he was in the area, unless he paid cash for the whole trip and has some sort of receipt for NOT being there. but it's kinda hard not to leave some sort of paper/Internet trail for just about anything you do these days. if the investigators are diligent in their duties he will be found.
At a local lake here in Socal, they log on your CF numbers everytime you're on the lake. If they do that at that lake. He's as good as road kill. :yuk:

socalmoney
09-12-2006, 03:31 PM
When they make us all get licensed to drive a boat, they should take some of the licensing fees and install cameras at all the launches. They would then have a photo/video of all who boated that day and we could log into them for entertainment.
This guy is going down. He is sweating right now. Too many people are keeping his secrete if he did have a large party on his boat that day. It will come out.

scared shippless
09-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I just dont see it, When one is cruzing or going balls out, one does look to see if there is anything in the water that may get sucked up in the pump, or hit our props, or hit our boats, that is what I would call a cautious boater.
after all we all know the cost of repairs that are caused from even the smallest piece of wood, to the biggest. A wake board boat going 45 hitting a 70 pound whatever they are going to know they hit something, and if (by chance) they did not know they hit a person, they or anybody is going to stop and find out what they hit and what damage has been done to their very expensive $40,000 + boat, just my 2 cents.
steve

Sherpa
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I've camped and boated on Shaver, it's a small high-mountain lake. I would
guess the campgrounds would have to have been pretty full over that weekend. someone has to know about that boat......... the fact that the
cops tracked down "a boat" at all, means they got a partial CF number. IF the boat is yellow, (and it must be if the cops interrogated the owner) someone just needs to place that guy/and boat at that lake and he's toast.
I don't remember if you are required to post your CF# when you pay for a
launch at the lake or not.........
papertrail, witness, gas receipts, camping receipts, someone...........
I just hope the boy pulls thru...................
--Sherpa

scared shippless
09-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Well it's about f...en time T. I thought you ran off and got married. :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I've camped and boated on Shaver, it's a small high-mountain lake. I would
guess the campgrounds would have to have been pretty full over that weekend. someone has to know about that boat......... the fact that the
cops tracked down "a boat" at all, means they got a partial CF number. IF the boat is yellow, (and it must be if the cops interrogated the owner) someone just needs to place that guy/and boat at that lake and he's toast.
I don't remember if you are required to post your CF# when you pay for a
launch at the lake or not.........
papertrail, witness, gas receipts, camping receipts, someone...........
I just hope the boy pulls thru...................
--Sherpa
When we camped there, we stayed the week before and the week after Labor Day, you are correct, the campground filled up by Friday night and stayed that way until Monday morning.

Her454
09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Well it's about f...en time T. I thought you ran off and got married. :rollside:
Got married? Yea right.

Wake Havasu
09-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I pray this poor boy makes it OK without pain and recovers fully.
They must know somethings that lead them all they way to interview someone in LA.
Also, note that the dad APPEARS to have been pulling this kid using a PWC and no spotter.
I am not laying blame just pointing things out that may have not helped.
They guy - yellow boat with tower was wrong for hitting a kid and not stopping.
Guy had to be blasted not to know he hit a 70 pound object.

Wake Havasu
09-12-2006, 09:49 PM
This arrticle says boat was yellow and white.
Where does it say roll bar and yellow speakers?
I have read 3 articles on this and not one has mentioned roll bar or tower with yellow speakers.

sea2lake
09-12-2006, 09:55 PM
no offense, but the only witness is the father,(fireman). No one has mentioned that he might have been drinking, OR, he might have pulled the boy into the path of the boat.
just MY .02
I wasn't there and neither were you

centerhill condor
09-13-2006, 05:13 AM
sea2lake makes a very good point. when I read the article the first thing that I noticed was "jet ski". Its the same with running over or nearly hitting motorcyclists. They're small craft and a small person is difficult to see skiing anyway.
how many of us have "almost" collided or had "close calls" with a pwc for whatever reason? Poor kid...happens all too often. If he's lucky and I mean real lucky he'll pull through and have physical therapy etc...
another reason to leave the brew at the house.

Mrs.Racer277
09-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Update
Injured boy gets special visitor
The Bakersfield Californian | Monday, Sep 11 2006 10:25 PM
Last Updated: Monday, Sep 11 2006 10:29 PM
The 11-year-old boy injured in a boating accident Sept. 2 continues to progress in his recovery and no longer needs a ventilator.
Dallen McEntire, son of Bakersfield fire Capt. Jeff McEntire, suffered a severe head injury when he was struck by a boat's propeller while riding on a knee board on Shaver Lake. He is recovering at Children's Hospital of Central California in Madera.
Dallen received a visit Sunday from an FDNY firefighter who survived the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center, according to a Bakersfield Fire Department news release. The firefighter gave Dallen a FDNY T-shirt and promised that he'll receive another special guest before he leaves the hospital.
The McEntire family expresses its gratitude for the community's support during this time, the news release said.

Mrs.Racer277
09-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Boy injured by boat in stable condition
BY STEVE E. SWENSON AND SHELLIE BRANCO, Californian staff writers
e-mail: sswenson@bakersfield.com
e-mail: sbranco@bakersfield.com | Wednesday, Sep 6 2006 10:40 PM
Last Updated: Wednesday, Sep 6 2006 10:44 PM
An 11-year-old Bakersfield boy critically injured Saturday in a Shaver Lake boating accident has improved to serious but stable condition at Children's Hospital of Central California in Madera County, officials said Wednesday.
Dallen McEntire, son of Bakersfield fire Capt. Jeff McEntire, was struck by a boat's propeller as he was riding on a knee board being pulled by the boat his father was driving.
The boat that struck the boy did not stop and no suspects have been identified. The Fresno County Sheriff's Department could not be reached for comment.
Dallen, who is in a medically induced coma, has undergone several initial surgical procedures to relieve pressure in his head, Bakersfield Fire Department Public Information Officer Doug Greener reported.
The boy is expected to remain in a coma for at least five to seven more days.
Greener said the McEntire family wishes to thank everyone for their concern and support during this time, especially the Bakersfield and Fresno fire departments.
Battalion Chief Ross Kelly said he was at the lake vacationing with the McEntires and the families of several Bakersfield firefighters.
Kelly said he helped Capt. McEntire rescue his son, but he did not want to discuss the accident out of respect for the family.
"We're all looking forward to him making a full recovery and that's everybody's main priority at this point," he said.

DAVEO
09-13-2006, 08:07 AM
If you were the one at Shaver lake with your yellow ski boat with a tower with yellow speekers Saturday Sept 2 at 400 pm, you ran over a 11 yr old boy wake boarding. He has face and chest cuts from your prop, and is in critical condition at Valley Childrens Hospital. Dont run and hide, step up and be a man and face the music.
Father of Injured Boy Makes Desperate Plea

September 5, 2006 - A boy from Bakersfield is in critical condition at Children's Hospital in Madera County after a boating accident on Shaver Lake and his father is making a desperate plea
Over the weekend, Jeff McEntire's jet ski was pulling his 11-year-old son, Dallen McEntire, on a knee board at Shaver Lake until suddenly a speeding boat appeared and ran over the boy. Dallen suffered serious head injuries.
Jeff McEntire believes the driver of the yellow and white boat knew the boy was hit, but just kept going. "If you did it and know you did it, then you've got to live with that. If you're not willing to step forward and take action or be responsible, that's something you have to live with."
As of now, Dallen McEntire is still in a coma. It may be several days until doctors know how much damage has been done.
Where in here does it say cf#,s, Anyway That is BS. The person that ran this young person over. shold be hung by there feet and beat then put in jail to be beat agian. DUMBASS. I hope the boy recovers and does not remember what happend. Just think what he is going to say the next time he gets in a boat.