PDA

View Full Version : 68 bullnose Sanger

curtis26
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
OK I bought this boat its my first V-Drive I own 2 other jets and dont know shit about v-drives. Its basically the hull with outboard steering and needs some tlc on the floor and stringers. I guess my question is what kinda gear box should I use, gears and prop? I wanna run a 500-600hp chevy. The mounting holes for the shaft and mounts have been covered so can i mate any shaft assembly to this boat? I got the boat on a trade for some old chevy parts so I didnt spend anything on it, is it a good hull to use? Can I just buy another cheap v drive and rob everything out of it?? :crossx: :crossx:

beerjet
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm a jet guy too but I think it's a shovel nose hydro :idea: But then again what the hell do I know .
-beerjet-
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17558

curtis26
09-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Yah thats what I thought too, but it was advertised as a bullnose? I dunno, like I said I dont know shit about these things :rollside:

ss396
09-12-2006, 04:22 PM
it is a sanger hydro shovel nose. it looks like a lot of work getting it ready for the water. circlejerk helped me do mine and he did a great job and is very knowlegeable about v-drives :idea: . i will have my sanger flat in the water this weekend at moses lake wa boat races :rollside:

QuickJet
09-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Bullnose????? I have that on the interior corners in my house. Awsome shitt!

FlatRat
09-13-2006, 02:24 AM
it is a sanger hydro shovel nose. it looks like a lot of work getting it ready for the water. circlejerk helped me do mine and he did a great job and is very knowlegeable about v-drives :idea: . i will have my sanger flat in the water this weekend at moses lake wa boat races :rollside:
Are ya gonna race it..or is it a trailer queen? :boxed:

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 07:22 AM
If that thing gets hit in the bow one more time it WILL be a bull nose hydro.
Slap that guy for playing bumper boats with it.
Nice boat BTW. Get to work.
Brian

curtis26
09-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the compliments, no im not gonna race it unless someone wants to line em up :crossx: :skull: but its gonna be my weekend warrior. It needs some work but should be pretty cool when im done with it. Im just waiting for some advice on the gears and drive/prop setup I should be looing for as this boat came with nothing! :)

beerjet
09-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I have always been a big fan of the shovel nose . They often appear in my wet dreams . I think they just look like they are haulin ass on the trailer . Maybe thats just me or the pile of coronas is kickin in . Either way I like it . :D
-beerjet-

502 JET
09-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Im just waiting for some advice on the gears and drive/prop setup I should be looing for as this boat came with nothing! :)
Cool project :cool:
I sent you a pm with a link to some parts check it out.

curtis26
09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
thanks, I found a 69 aquacraft for $800 thats complete. I hope to snag it up this weekend.

mouzer
09-17-2006, 09:12 AM
HHHMMMMMMMmmm! hydro huh!

IMPATIENT 1
09-17-2006, 09:35 AM
here's a link to my unk's shovelnose hydro:
http://texas***boats.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1594
this should give ya a idea on the rigging.
he made a pass last weekend on hugo lake at 118mph gps'd.i have one suggestion when you build this boat.make the frt. sponson skegs @ 1inch deeper into the water.it makes its easier to hold her line a top speed, otherwise she'll get alitte crazy above 100mph.his boat is still for sale if anyone's lookin, 18k obo(580-317-9188 ask for billy).

curtis26
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Nice boat. Yah mine has a long way to go. I need to redo the floor as the fiberglass they laid down in lifting and the stringers are rotton. I have searched the forums for stringer repair and havent found all the info I need to do the job right! I Like what kinda wood, do I re-glass the floor then lay my stringers over the top of that and glass them to the new floor? And bonding them to the hull? Do I cusion them with fiberglass mat or use some kind of bonding agent? I am very confident in doing it all myself as ive done fiberglass repairs on other hulls ive owned as well as paint. I just wanna do it the "right" way so my motor doesnt come flying out!! Also how do you go about balsa wood laminating the floor?

mouzer
09-18-2006, 07:50 PM
DID YA SEE THE ONE ON Dragboats.com under race boats now that would be a fun project!!!! :p

Life's Rough
09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
here's a link to my unk's shovelnose hydro:
http://texas***boats.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1594
this should give ya a idea on the rigging.
he made a pass last weekend on hugo lake at 118mph gps'd.i have one suggestion when you build this boat.make the frt. sponson skegs @ 1inch deeper into the water.it makes its easier to hold her line a top speed, otherwise she'll get alitte crazy above 100mph.his boat is still for sale if anyone's lookin, 18k obo(580-317-9188 ask for billy).
I think i just saw a picture of a boat with a chain steering wheel
Holy SHIAT!!!