PDA

View Full Version : Havasu?? or Mead?? on 10/13

talbert450r
09-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Will be taking the new Ultra out for the first time and I am having a difficult time deciding where to go. Leaving on 10/13 and returning on 10/17. Any suggestions on either Havasu or Mead? Will anyone else be out on these days? :boxed:

blown dough
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
We will be in Havi, not that that matters!!!!!!

talbert450r
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Where are some good places to stay in mead or havasu?

phebus
09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Not to be negative, but if you were to have any issues with your new boat, they could more easily be resolved at Havasu.

talbert450r
09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Phebus, I will have it out for a couple after work runs to Elsinore B4 my first real trip. :rollside:

phebus
09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Awesome, congratulations on the new boat!!

beaverretriever
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Not to be negative, but if you were to have any issues with your new boat, they could more easily be resolved at Havasu.
I live 15 min from Mead but I would have to agree with phebus. There are only a handful of boat repair places in Boulder City, and I seriously doubt one of them will even be open on a Sat or Sun....LOL, Boulder shuts down by 6 every night. My retired parents live there and if they want to go out to dinner past 7, they have to go to Henderson or Vegas. LOL.
Although, If Im free on that Sunday, I will drop the boat in with you, and if you have any problems I have a full rollaway 5 min away to fix whatever is needed..... BTW, it is an ULTRA, Im sure it will be fine. JW, builds a fine boat. :)

talbert450r
09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I live 15 min from Mead but I would have to agree with phebus. There are only a handful of boat repair places in Boulder City, and I seriously doubt one of them will even be open on a Sat or Sun....LOL, Boulder shuts down by 6 every night. My retired parents live there and if they want to go out to dinner past 7, they have to go to Henderson or Vegas. LOL.
Although, If Im free on that Sunday, I will drop the boat in with you, and if you have any problems I have a full rollaway 5 min away to fix whatever is needed..... BTW, it is an ULTRA, Im sure it will be fine. JW, builds a fine boat. :)
Thanks, If I decide to go to mead you should definatly drop, mabee you can show me some good coves :)
Where is a good place to stay at Mead? Echo Bay?

Run_em_Hard
09-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I would rather go to Havasu any weekend...but thats just my opinion. I also agree with having any problems, Havi would be better.

beaverretriever
09-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks, If I decide to go to mead you should definatly drop, mabee you can show me some good coves :)
Where is a good place to stay at Mead? Echo Bay?
I would stay at the Sunset Station in Henderson. Lots of parking, hell, you can leave your boat in front of my house if you are worried about it.
You cant really stay at Mead. You will have stay in Boulder (there are a few nice little motels), and its a sleepy, cute, little town, but super nice. Makes Havasu look like Los Angeles...LOL. Everyone in Vegas calls it Mayberry.

dicudmore
09-12-2006, 07:18 PM
will be in Havasu most likely...
probably make room at the house for an Ultra brother if ya need it.
Good coves at Mead?? Thats FUNNY! Ok there are a few, but its definitely not Havasu :220v:

talbert450r
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
will be in Havasu most likely...
probably make room at the house for an Ultra brother if ya need it.
Good coves at Mead?? Thats FUNNY! Ok there are a few, but its definitely not Havasu :220v:
OK, Fine, Since you twisted my arm. I guess ill go to Havasu. Mabee we can get Mock, Shippingguy, Voodoo and some other Ultra people out there. Im gonna try to find a place to stay near Windsor.

talbert450r
09-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Would love to come to powell just not for the first trip out :rollside:

cap'n chuy
09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
isn't it getting kinda cool at powell this time of year?

dicudmore
09-12-2006, 07:34 PM
OK, Fine, Since you twisted my arm. I guess ill go to Havasu. Mabee we can get Mock, Shippingguy, Voodoo and some other Ultra people out there. Im gonna try to find a place to stay near Windsor.
good, havasu it is :cool:
I'm sure they will be out as well...

shippingguy
09-12-2006, 08:24 PM
We will be in Havasu with the new boat as well.

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
We will be in Havasu with the new boat as well.
I can't wait to see it. Looks awsome in the pics and probably better in person. :boxed:

DMVQUEEN
09-13-2006, 04:09 PM
I think we are comming home on the 13th, but now we might just have to stay till Sunday. We will need to find a room for that Friday and Saturday,
Have to check out on the 13th. After 7 days whats two more.
Mark out (just another cross post.)

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Keep us updated. I don't know if we'll be out there that week. Leaving next week for South Carolina for a week and the last couple of months have got us burned out so we haven't decided which weekends in October to go. We will go though. If it's a mini Ultra regatta I'm sure I can convince my wife. It would be fun. From the looks of it all of us are pretty much family type guys so it's not an all out drunken crazy naked fest. Well at least not until my son goes to sleep and we slip off to our bedroom. :D

RitcheyRch
09-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Havasu would be the best bet incase you need to get something fixed on the boat. Shouldnt be too crowded this time of year.

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Keep us updated. I don't know if we'll be out there that week. Leaving next week for South Carolina for a week and the last couple of months have got us burned out so we haven't decided which weekends in October to go. We will go though. If it's a mini Ultra regatta I'm sure I can convince my wife. It would be fun. From the looks of it all of us are pretty much family type guys so it's not an all out drunken crazy naked fest. Well at least not until my son goes to sleep and we slip off to our bedroom. :D
I'll remind you when I get back from Germany on Oct 1. Mabee by then you will have the wife convinced. :hammer2: :D

chub
09-13-2006, 05:56 PM
I would rather go to Havasu any weekend...but thats just my opinion. I also agree with having any problems, Havi would be better.
Have you ever beento lake Mead. Havasu is nothing party excepted to Mead.
The only reason I boat at the River and not Mead is Mamasaan doesn't like the extra drive and won't move there. Havasu has no comparison to Mead or Powell.
Don't get bent that's just my HO.

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Have you ever beento lake Mead. Havasu is nothing party excepted to Mead.
The only reason I boat at the River and not Mead is Mamasaan doesn't like the extra drive and won't move there. Havasu has no comparison to Mead or Powell.
Don't get bent that's just my HO.
Kinda depends I think. I will first start saying that I haven't been to Mead or Powell but with the exception of peak season Saturday's on Havasu then the likes of Mead and Powell can get nasty chop wise. Also as far as life in town after your off the lake then Havasu is a great spot. Also for concessions and things like that on the water the Havasu has them beat. But like I said it's what you want to do. I actually do like Lake Mohave better than Havasu. I'm talking about the lake itself. More nice sandy coves, and you can go north of Cottonwood to get away. On Havasu on a Saturday we can go towards Parker and get away from most of the idiots but you still have the Lake Lice from Black Meadow and such and there isn't really anywhere you can find and be alone. So for the lake itself I believe Mohave has Havasu beat. But to own a house in Bullhead or Havasu I think Havasu has BHC beat. Now not owning a house then Laughlin has nicer cheaper rooms but Katherine's sucks a$$. All the lakes have their better points. Everybody has different likes and dislikes. Crowds aside though I think Havasu is the best all around boating lake.

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I can't wait to see it. Looks awsome in the pics and probably better in person. :boxed:
Thank you very much. I am heading down to El Cajon tomorrow to go over a few things. I hear you are picking yours up Friday I assume? Told you it would not take long. Congrats. See you out there around the 13th.

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Thank you very much. I am heading down to El Cajon tomorrow to go over a few things. I hear you are picking yours up Friday I assume? Told you it would not take long. Congrats. See you out there around the 13th.
hmmmmmm! I do believe some pictures will be in order tomorrow afternoon. Some of both boats please. :) :) :) :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Yep, picking it up friday and then I have to go to Germany for 2 weeks on Sunday. Sucks I won't get a chance to take it out till I get home. Mabee a day trip to Elsinore or Perris on Sat. :crossx:

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:05 PM
some people never work :) :p
its cooling off a little...see if you can sneak a few props out the door for me to "test"

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:06 PM
hmmmmmm! I do believe some pictures will be in order tomorrow afternoon. Some of both boats please. :) :) :) :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
agreed! :cool:

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Ill put some pics up friday night :cool:

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:12 PM
some people never work :) :p
its cooling off a little...see if you can sneak a few props out the door for me to "test"
I will be working in the truck on the way down and while I am there. I have a RH labbed 28 sitting in my garage. Let me know if and when you want to borrow it. If you like it I will make you a REAL SWEET DEAL, seriously!!
Voodoo, the only update that I will have will be the paint work in the engine compartment. Will post those pics tomorrow. Rigging starts late Friday or Monday. Motor was delivered yesterday.
Talbert, Are you picking up in El Cajon or Corona? If in Corona I may be there to help do your delivery. If so see you there.

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 08:16 PM
I think Corona. Not sure. Barry said he had to do a demo on Fri. on a 24 Stealth in Elsinore so I said why don't you just bring my boat to Elsinore and do the demo in it and deliver it to me. Kill 2 birds with one stone. :rollside:

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I think Corona. Not sure. Barry said he had to do a demo on Fri. on a 24 Stealth in Elsinore so I said why don't you just bring my boat to Elsinore and do the demo in it and deliver it to me. Kill 2 birds with one stone. :rollside:
Sounds good. Yeah the people came down from Northern CA. I do not know if he still is doing it. By the way we are practically neighbors. We are in Murrieta. Where are you in Hemet?

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
I will be working in the truck on the way down and while I am there. I have a RH labbed 28 sitting in my garage. Let me know if and when you want to borrow it. If you like it I will make you a REAL SWEET DEAL, seriously!!
Voodoo, the only update that I will have will be the paint work in the engine compartment. Will post those pics tomorrow. Rigging starts late Friday or Monday. Motor was delivered yesterday.
Talbert, Are you picking up in El Cajon or Corona? If in Corona I may be there to help do your delivery. If so see you there.
RH works...I'll just run the boat in reverse :wink:
next time you guys come out works for me if it works for you...
this boat is gonna be sick :cool:

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Sounds good. Yeah the people came down from Northern CA. I do not know if he still is doing it. By the way we are practically neighbors. We are in Murrieta. Where are you in Hemet?
Near Sanderson/Devonshire By Home Depot

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:22 PM
RH works...I'll just run the boat in reverse :wink:
next time you guys come out works for me if it works for you...
this boat is gonna be sick :cool:
We will be out there Friday through Monday this weekedn staying at Black Meadow Landing with some friends. We are going to be wakeboarding all weekend. I can bring it if you would like. There are some minor and I mean minor chips that will not hurt you at all. I was going to take it tomorrow and send it out and have it all cleaned up, but if you want to try it this weekend I will hold off. Let me know.

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Near Sanderson/Devonshire By Home Depot
I have a buddy who lives right off Sanderson in the new homes on the right with the lakes and Holly's brother lives in there as well. My buddy has a 27 with blue tribal graphics that you may have seen out there being towed around.

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
We will be out there Friday through Monday this weekedn staying at Black Meadow Landing with some friends. We are going to be wakeboarding all weekend. I can bring it if you would like. There are some minor and I mean minor chips that will not hurt you at all. I was going to take it tomorrow and send it out and have it all cleaned up, but if you want to try it this weekend I will hold off. Let me know.
I will be in Havasu sunday...but likely not on my boat :(
Looks like the boss' 30' Spectre is sold so I'll probably have that out with the new owners :cool:
Whatever is easier for you, I probably wouldn't be trying it until next weekend.

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I will be in Havasu sunday...but likely not on my boat :(
Looks like the boss' 30' Spectre is sold so I'll probably have that out with the new owners :cool:
Whatever is easier for you, I probably wouldn't be trying it until next weekend.
I will be right up the street from JW house on Sunday for most of the day. I can bring it there or I bring it out on our first trip out with the new ride and I will get it all cleaned up in the meantime(it will be freshly cut for you to try)

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I will be right up the street from JW house on Sunday for most of the day. I can bring it there or I bring it out on our first trip out with the new ride and I will get it all cleaned up in the meantime(it will be freshly cut for you to try)
right up the street from JW's house puts you at my house ya know...
either trip works just fine for me :cool:

98 Vector 21
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey I want to play! What if one of you guys need a tow? I could call one for you... :)

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Hey I want to play! What if one of you guys need a tow? I could call one for you... :)
did you get vessel assist?? :wink:
you know you're welcome too :cool:

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:36 PM
right up the street from JW's house puts you at my house ya know...
either trip works just fine for me :cool:
I will bring it up with me. If it works out nad you can get it cool. If not I will bring it back home and get it recut and then bring it back up on our first trip. Should be around the 10-13.

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I won't be playing for a few more weeks, but I would love to make some runs with you once I get out there. :p I have Vessel Assist so I should be alright. By the way your boat came out real nice. Cannot wait to see it in person.

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 08:39 PM
I sure hope I don't need a tow :crossx:

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I sure hope I don't need a tow :crossx:
You won't. You are going to be a very happy camper. I had a 24 before my last 27 and it is a great boat.

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:41 PM
You won't. You are going to be a very happy camper. I had a 24 before my last 27 and it is a great boat.
hey we all need a tow sometimes :(

98 Vector 21
09-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Towing is part of my warranty...esp when you boat with Dan just trying to keep up!Cant wait to catch up with everyone we will make our own regatta!

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Towing is part of my warranty...esp when you boat with Dan just trying to keep up!Cant wait to catch up with everyone we will make our own regatta!
every weekend :cool:

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 08:43 PM
The extended warranty Ultra sells offers towing????

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I do not know, but get Vessel Assist. It is $120 a year and you get unlimited towing all year. You get free jump starts, gas delivery and if for some reason you run aground they will pull you off. It is well worth the money.

shadow
09-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Theres enough Ultra owners out there,You would never be stranded.
Not that you should need a tow.We got your back! :)

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:49 PM
That is definitely true. There is always somebody there to help. How you been D? Should be back out soon. Can't wait to see and hang with you guys again. I know it is late in the season, but the weather is still nice.

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Vessel Assist....................$120
Ultra Owners Assist..........Priceless :)

shadow
09-13-2006, 08:53 PM
That is definitely true. There is always somebody there to help. How you been D? Should be back out soon. Can't wait to see and hang with you guys again. I know it is late in the season, but the weather is still nice.
We've been good.We will be on the water sun and possibly Sat afternoon.
May just drive the Rhino down on Sat.Never too late in the season here.It's just getting nice,temps are perfect and crowds are gone. :)
Can't wait to see your new boat,It's gonna really give me the itch.

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 08:55 PM
We've been good.We will be on the water sun and possibly Sat afternoon.
May just drive the Rhino down on Sat.Never too late in the season here.It's just getting nice,temps are perfect and crowds are gone. :)
Can't wait to see your new boat,It's gonna really give me the itch.
We cannot wait till we can get out there. You are right best time a year is now. We will be down south at BML Friday through Monday. I will be down seeing JW tomorrow I will tell him he better get a move on that 34 :)

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Vessel Assist....................$120
Ultra Owners Assist..........Priceless :)
It's not even $120. If you only boat on Havasu then you only need the package that cost like 70 bucks or so. The mileage covers enough. It's not like it's super far from Topock to Windsor. You also get to belong to Boat U.S. and get magazines and when you spend so much at West Marine you get bonuses. I have a $15 gift certificate on my desk right now so that actually brings the cost down.

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 08:57 PM
We cannot wait till we can get out there. You are right best time a year is now. We will be down south at BML Friday through Monday. I will be down seeing JW tomorrow I will tell him he better get a move on that 34 :)
You need to sell that place in BHC and buy in Havasu. Your always in Havasu anyways. Either that or just get a key to JW's place. I'm sure it's nicer than all of ours put together.

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:01 PM
You need to sell that place in BHC and buy in Havasu. Your always in Havasu anyways. Either that or just get a key to JW's place. I'm sure it's nicer than all of ours put together.
I must say. We love the house in BHC. Come off the water head into Laughlin to the casino. I also never have to wait more than 15 minutes to launch on a holiday weekend from Jack Smith and then I get to hit Topock first and then cruise the Gorge all the way down. then after all that I get to come back bbq and take the electric boat around the lake off the backyard to the pool at the clubhouse. We do stay at JW's sometimes though.

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I must say. We love the house in BHC. Come off the water head into Laughlin to the casino. I also never have to wait more than 15 minutes to launch on a holiday weekend from Jack Smith and then I get to hit Topock first and then cruise the Gorge all the way down. then after all that I get to come back bbq and take the electric boat around the lake off the backyard to the pool at the clubhouse. We do stay at JW's sometimes though.
haha you make it all sound so rough :)

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
does look like a nice pad :D
what we need to do is get JW to build himself a 27 and have another out there running with us :cool:

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
haha you make it all sound so rough :)
It is a rough ride sometimes through the Gorge :crossx:

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Ummmmm! Well when it's hot out and we don't take out the boat we will sit in the backyard under the cover with our feet in a blow up pool and let our son run around in the water eating a popsicle.
Let's see you beat that one show off :p :rollside:

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 09:11 PM
What does JW have a 28 Stealth?

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
What does JW have a 28 Stealth?
used to...it was sold and went back east a while ago...
I think currently, NOTHING unless you count the used inventory and or the fear factor boat...

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Ummmmm! Well when it's hot out and we don't take out the boat we will sit in the backyard under the cover with our feet in a blow up pool and let our son run around in the water eating a popsicle.
Let's see you beat that one show off :p :rollside:
No showing off. It is all good no matter where you are as long as you are at the river.

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
does look like a nice pad :D
what we need to do is get JW to build himself a 27 and have another out there running with us :cool:
Shoot does he even have his own boat anymore? I guess I would want my own especially to leave out there and not tow but geez. He has a showroom full of them, delivers out there and pretty much can ride on any one of the hundreds out there that he built. I mean crap if he said were riding with you tomorrow I wouldn't say no. He built the dang thing for us.

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I think currently, NOTHING unless you count the used inventory and or the fear factor boat...
He will be popping his personal 26 Deck hopefully tomorrow. I hear it is a nice one. :cool:

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Used to have a 1200 horsey jet in a 22 Stealth too but sold that as well.

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:15 PM
It is a rough ride sometimes through the Gorge :crossx:
don't forget about the noise cops :220v:

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:17 PM
No showing off. It is all good no matter where you are as long as you are at the river.
True. I didn't really think you were showing off anyway.

dicudmore
Shoot does he even have his own boat anymore? I guess I would want my own especially to leave out there and not tow but geez. He has a showroom full of them, delivers out there and pretty much can ride on any one of the hundreds out there that he built. I mean crap if he said were riding with you tomorrow I wouldn't say no. He built the dang thing for us.
yeah, none of us would say no but I just don't see that happening

talbert450r
He will be popping his personal 26 Deck hopefully tomorrow. I hear it is a nice one. :cool:
Try to get some spy pics of it when your there tomorrow :D

shippingguy
don't forget about the noise cops :220v:
Yeah I know. I guess I will be doing alot of idling through there :mad: Plus side of that is gas conservation :)

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
somebody (read you or Holly) better have some pics to send over of that one :cool:

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah I know. I guess I will be doing alot of idling through there :mad: Plus side of that is gas conservation :)
thats a good point, but its time to burn some now :D
you've been without a ride since June and mine has been in storage the last 2 weeks...its time to run :cool:

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah, none of us would say no but I just don't see that happening
True just trying to make a point.
Must be some sort of stuck up celebrity. :D :crossx: :rollside: :rollside:

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
somebody (read you or Holly) better have some pics to send over of that one :cool:
I have no control of that. He will be out there for Hot Boat on the 9th of Oct. maybe you guys can catch a glimpse of it then :crossx:
Voodoo, I know you really did not think I was. :)

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
thats a good point, but its time to burn some now :D
you've been without a ride since June and mine has been in storage the last 2 weeks...its time to run :cool:
Yeah I will not be conserving much, but I do have a break in period to follow you know :p
Voodoo, I would say half the hours on my otehr 27 were from JW driving. He drove that thing more than me and harder too :boxed:

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
True just trying to make a point.
Must be some sort of stuck up celebrity. :D :crossx: :rollside: :rollside:
yeah you know those TV stars :)

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah I will not be conserving much, but I do have a break in period to follow you know :p
Voodoo, I would say half the hours on my otehr 27 were from JW driving. He drove that thing more than me and harder too :boxed:
I can verify that statement :p

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah I wouldn't care if he drove mine cuz if he broke it I'd get a new one. Now anybody else has to look from a distance. :D

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 09:25 PM
What does the breakin period require?

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
the folks at Ultra will do a nice job explaining it to you but basically varying the engine RPM, avoid long periods of full throttle etc for a certain period of hours

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:28 PM
For your motor. You just do not want to stay at one RPM for a long period of time and you do not want to run W.O.T. for a long period of time. Just very speeds throughout the day while running it. Keep an eye on your drive oil and motor oil. The drive will use a bit more oil in the beginning.

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:28 PM
while you're breaking in I might be able to keep up :220v:

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
For your motor. You just do not want to stay at one RPM for a long period of time and you do not want to run W.O.T. for a long period of time. Just very speeds throughout the day while running it. Keep an eye on your drive oil and motor oil. The drive will use a bit more oil in the beginning.
lol there is a way to check that stuff?? :220v:
NOT ON MY BOAT...the drive reservoir is buried up against the transom...I'm not a big guy but I think it takes a contortionist to get to the bottle.
I have noticed that the 525 consumes some oil. My HO did not but I'll buy a quart now and then for the performance difference

shippingguy
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
while you're breaking in I might be able to keep up :220v:
I told you. We will be running side by side the majority of the time. Taht is what makes it fun. I am off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow do not work to hard. I will touch base with you before this weekend regarding the prop.

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:32 PM
What does the breakin period require?Technically, No full throttle or full throttle starts for the first 10 hours. The next 10 hours no full throttle starts but you can full throttle at speed for short periods of time. Also don't leave it at one RPM too long. It will be in your Merc Manual. They will give you all the basics on delivery. It's simple though because you should do these things normally. I usually do 3/4 throttle starts and save the full throttles for those special times. I also save Wide Open Throttle for passing or that let's put the bimini down and go tear up some water time. Also when cruising bouncing around will move your stick and you have to put it back where you want it but if on glass I will vary 100 RPM in either direction every few minutes.

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I told you. We will be running side by side the majority of the time. Taht is what makes it fun. I am off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow do not work to hard. I will touch base with you before this weekend regarding the prop.
sounds good...say hi to MrsUltra27

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:35 PM
sounds good...say hi to MrsUltra27
That's why he's off to bed
:eek: :devil: :D

dicudmore
09-13-2006, 09:37 PM
That's why he's off to bed
:eek: :devil: :D
can't say that I blame him...

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
can't say that I blame him...
Nope. Wifes not home from work yet so I'm off to an empty bed. :cry:
Gotta leave early for work in the morning. :cry: :cry: :cry:

shippingguy
09-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Nope. Wifes not home from work yet so I'm off to an empty bed. :cry:
Gotta leave early for work in the morning. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Actually I was home alone. She stays in San Diego on Wed. Nights. If she was home I would not have been on Hot Boat for so long last night. :)

Tequila-John
09-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Try and book both out

voodoomedman
10-05-2006, 06:05 AM
So what's the deal Talbert? You start all this stuff about a mini regatta on the 14th and now it's quiet! I know your back from Germany. :D
Still trying to figure out if we can go but I want to know if you all are going. If not then we don't have to go that specific weekend.

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 08:07 PM
So what's the deal Talbert? You start all this stuff about a mini regatta on the 14th and now it's quiet! I know your back from Germany. :D
Still trying to figure out if we can go but I want to know if you all are going. If not then we don't have to go that specific weekend.
Sorry, Ive been traveling since I got back from Germany and working long hours. I can only get on here when im at my hotel like now here in Modesto, Ca.
Ill be there in Havasu 10/13 - 10/17 :rollside: Hope to see and meet some Ultra Hot Boaters there or any Hot Boat peps :boxed:

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
So.........Who's going??? :confused:

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm still in for this :D

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm still in for this :D
I can't wait to finally get out on the water :rollside:

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I can't wait to finally get out on the water :rollside:
oh I'd bet on that :cool:

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 08:36 PM
oh I'd bet on that :cool:
Where are u staying?

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Where are u staying?
casa de dicudmore...I live in Havi (on the weekends anyway)

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Must be nice to be a BALLER :D

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Must be nice to be a BALLER :D
haha apparently you didn't notice the fire sale price on my Shadow? :220v:

Todd969
10-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Ha ha, he called you a baller.

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Your selling?? :yuk: I did not see that.

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Your selling?? :yuk: I did not see that.
lets just say if you know somebody looking for a REALLY good deal on an 06 Shadow...I gots one for sale :cry:

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Ha ha, he called you a baller.
pretty funny isn't it? :p

Todd969
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Funny,yes, but you know you are.

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 09:00 PM
How good of a price? I may be looking..........or not :D

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Funny,yes, but you know you are.
you know...for the right price you could have a Spectre sticker on your truck too...but anybody can buy the sticker :wink:

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
How good of a price? I may be looking..........or not :D
your PM's may or may not have the answer...

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Hmmmmm............................................ .......... :idea: ............................................. :idea: ......................................... :boxingguy ..................................... :notam: ....................................... :idea:

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 09:10 PM
:idea: ............................Wonder if I could convince the wife .................... :argue:

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 09:12 PM
:idea: ............................Wonder if I could convince the wife .................... :argue:
a ride could be arranged :D preferably on a windy day with big chop too :cool:

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I wonder how long it would take to dump my boat

Todd969
10-05-2006, 09:16 PM
you know...for the right price you could have a Spectre sticker on your truck too...but anybody can buy the sticker :wink:
Dude, easy on the talk,please.

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I wonder how long it would take to dump my boat
no time at all if JW takes it back on trade and sells you mine :cool:

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Dude, easy on the talk,please.
ok I'll get you a sticker...but I want a NORDIC sticker in exchange :220v:

Todd969
10-05-2006, 09:20 PM
ok I'll get you a sticker...but I want a NORDIC sticker in exchange :220v:
Not yet, I really don't feel like fielding 20 F'n questions right now.

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Not yet, I really don't feel like fielding 20 F'n questions right now.
anybody question the avatar?? lol I feel like a celeb with all the attention my avatars have received

Todd969
10-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Few, but I blah blah blah it away. See ya tomorrow.

talbert450r
10-05-2006, 09:27 PM
no time at all if JW takes it back on trade and sells you mine :cool:
Ill have to get back to you after I get home. How many hours?

dicudmore
10-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Ill have to get back to you after I get home. How many hours?
not sure on the hours...I'll have somebody scan it for me...I took delivery March of this year so can't be TOO many??
Surely she can't say no to this...teaser pics :wink:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385tmpphprSCWD4.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385tmpphpKgXI9J.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385tmpphph2wFGU.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385tmpphpasGhQc.jpg