PDA

View Full Version : need your help!

05caliberone
09-12-2006, 08:42 PM
newbie here! what a great site! I need some help I just got a 2005 caliber1 210 with a 5.7 gi volvo penta, and would love to get more out of it performance wise...Is there anyone out there that does fuel injection tuning if I was to build a stroker motor? Or what can I do to get more out of the boat thanks in advance ....

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2006, 08:50 PM
The modifications for a 5.7 L. FI. SBC. are endless. This question will do alot better in the Gear Heads section. I don't think it will get enough attention here in the sandbox.
Welcome to the forums :rollside:
C.T. :wink:

Kilrtoy
09-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Save your time and money..
There are alot of almost new 496 motors out there , pony up spend the 10k and buy one and then drop it in... You will be happy....

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2006, 08:56 PM
There are alot of almost new 496 motors out there , pony up spend the 10k and buy one and then drop it in... You will be happy....
If I dropped 10k into that 5.7 I'de send that 496 home crying to it's mommy. :D :p

05caliberone
09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
If I dropped 10k into that 5.7 I'de send that 496 home crying to it's mommy. :D :p
I think thats the truth.......... could a mod. move this to gear heads please and does this mean that it can be tuned (the fuel injection )? thanks

dicudmore
09-12-2006, 09:04 PM
above mentioned route, maybe a supercharger for your small block??
OR, honestly...cut your losses and sell the boat now. Buy something that already is set up with bigger power.

05caliberone
09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
so who can tune the fuel injection If I get a blower?

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2006, 09:26 PM
I think thats the truth.......... could a mod. move this to gear heads please and does this mean that it can be tuned (the fuel injection )? thanks
I'm going to assume it's TBI (Throttle Body Injection) rarely have I seen a TPI. in a marine app.
there are quite a few mods for the TBI as well as TPI. larger throttle bodies and performance chips . are the basic easiest mods. without knowing what ECM you're running thats about as far as I can go into those mods. weather or not you're tied to a rev limiter will have a major impact on performance also. if it were mine the fuel injection would be the first thing to be retired to the shelf. but thats just my opinion. The fewer computers in my vehicles the happier I am. Although FI. is nice , trouble free& quite reliable they're not my first choice for budget performance. I'm all about the cheap thrill thats why I run a 5.7 myself.
A nice intake/carb/cam/ignition would be my first mods. it's a major plus if it's a roller cam engine.
Taking the 10k route a 471/671 Blower would be in order maybe a little giggle gas to boot. It can be done on a budget.
above mentioned route, maybe a supercharger for your small block??
OR, honestly...cut your losses and sell the boat now. Buy something that already is set up with bigger power.
Two good Ideas
the second Is alot less trouble.