PDA

View Full Version : Know anyone looking for a job

vodkarocks
09-13-2006, 09:22 AM
The pay isn't the best but if you know someone that needs a little extra money, or is in college it could be a good fit
National company in La Mirada, CA is in need of more than 300 employees to assist on a special project through the end of calendar year 2007. Two different jobs are available.
1. Preparation
Responsibilities: Open mail and retrieve documents. Stamp documents with date and time. Verify accuracy of documents. Make copies of documents and prepare them for scanning. Sort documents into categories.
Qualifications: Must be extremely detailed. Must be able to quickly and accurately sort documents.
Pay: $10.18 plus shift differential
2. Data Entry
Responsibilities: Will be keying alpha & numeric information into a computer. Information must be entered quickly and accurately.
Qualifications: Must possess data entry keystrokes of 7000 ksph or more.
Pay: $10.83 plus shift differential
For all positions: Must have a high school diploma and legal right to work in the United States. Must be able to pass criminal background and credit checks. Must have 6 months office clerical experience.
There are five shifts available:
3:30am-Noon
6am-2:30pm
7am-3:30pm
9am-5:30pm
6pm-2:30am
Pm me if you know someone that is interested

Goad
09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Must be able to pass criminal background and credit checks.
Just curious....why the credit check? I am starting to see employers do this more often lately. Even for minimum wage positions.

HocusPocus
09-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Just curious....why the credit check? I am starting to see employers do this more often lately. Even for minimum wage positions.
my guess would be someone with crappy credit rating and or credit problems are more likely to steal from you. (i could be wrong) :cool:

Goad
09-13-2006, 10:12 AM
If you bounce checks you probably aren't entirely truthful to your boss.
If you can't pay your bills on time, you probably can't make it to work on time.
If you can stall when creditors are calling, you can stall the boss too.
Someone probably did a study too...
I can see the patern, but some of us just have been delt shitty cards in life....I am still dealing with debt from the big dot com crash in the early part of this decade. That doesnt make me a untruthful and unreliable employee.
Sorry to hijack your thread, vodka.

RiverDave
09-13-2006, 10:14 AM
1st question that went through my mind was what kind of credit would that expect someone to have that makes 10.83 an hour?
I make 8 bucks an hour and my credit is shit..
I couldn't imagine 10.83 being much better.
RD

h2oski2fast
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey, people are people. I had sterling credit 'til I gota Sears card in college...When I bought my first house the loan guy said Sears screws with everyone.
HR people are just trying to weed out the obvious problems (according to statistics) which doesn't always work. My wifes employer uses a standardized test to determine job elegibility and placement...but couldn't get qualified applicants, and the ones that could pass the test were PITAs. They are trying to go back to the "Interveiw" and talk to a few folks and hire the ones that seem to have a decent attitude...
I understand what you are saying, but what do want for $10.83 an hour? It's entry level pay and you probably aren't going to get cream of the crop employees. With that pay scale comes unreliability. Look at Rd's reliability, or lack there of, and he makes only $8. I guess it turns out, even with work, you get what you pay for. :D :D :D

riverracerx
09-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Credit check means they know what you make. If you say you make 100K and you want 120k to come to their company, BUT you really make 75K you are SCREWED, because they will find out.

MOBrien
09-13-2006, 11:50 AM
What company is this? I may know several people interested.
Thanks.

Jbb
09-13-2006, 12:02 PM
1st question that went through my mind was what kind of credit would that expect someone to have that makes 10.83 an hour?
RD
:p :p

vodkarocks
09-13-2006, 12:06 PM
What company is this? I may know several people interested.
Thanks.
It is working at a bank, but the work is being funded by Homeland Security.

ThongMagnet
09-13-2006, 11:16 PM
At least they are not judging you on how many tattoos you have, your hair color, etc. Yeah, I think a credit report will tell you everything you need to know about a person your going to hire.
Where's "delinquent tendencies"

JustMVG
09-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Does that count as a hit on your credit report?

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:37 AM
RD
Care to run a CNC machine, or two, or three?
Brian

Rexone
09-14-2006, 01:47 AM
Does that count as a hit on your credit report?
I don't think so Mike. Only credit checks by potential lenders (as in you are applying for financing or credit).

Kilrtoy
09-14-2006, 02:03 AM
At least they are not judging you on how many tattoos you have, your hair color, etc. Yeah, I think a credit report will tell you everything you need to know about a person your going to hire.
Where's "delinquent tendencies"
NO! Not even close, just if they pay bills on time, Does not mean they are a good or bad person

djunkie
09-14-2006, 02:09 AM
NO! Not even close, just if they pay bills on time, Does not mean they are a good or bad person
So even though I wrote 400 bad checks last year does that mean I'm still a good person? :crossx: :crossx:

lawbreaker2
09-14-2006, 05:36 AM
$hit welfare pays better than that, $10.83 Man and you want me to give up sitting here on the puter drinking my Corona :rolleyes:

superdave013
09-14-2006, 05:46 AM
$10.18 is only .18 more then the day labors ask for that stand out in front of Home Depot.
Good luck getting good help for that.

Froggystyle
09-14-2006, 07:35 AM
I think a credit check is a good idea. It is in the credit bureau's best interest to categorize risk in a financial sense. They have cracked the code to a degree on evaluating risk without being discriminatory either racially or gender-wise, and I think it is a good bellwether for responsibility, if only financially.
In the Navy, one of the worst things you can have happen to you administratively is a letter of indebtedness. The armed services believes firmly in being able to have lenders trust their folks, and as such take any outstanding debts extraordinarily seriously. The sense is that if you can't keep your finances in check, you have no business working within an organization that is easy to defraud.
Sure, it is sterotypical, but I think that profiling, while illegal is a good way to sort out terrorists at the airport too. Oh well...

racecar.hotshoe
09-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey who ok'd RD's pay raise........ :argue:
I say kick him in the junk! :rolleyes:

ChumpChange
09-14-2006, 07:48 AM
RD
How does how much you make in life affect your credit score? As long as you live "within" your means and pay creditors back, your credit score will remain perfect. It has nothing to do with how much you make.

Froggystyle
09-14-2006, 07:56 AM
How does how much you make in life affect your credit score? As long as you live "within" your means and pay creditors back, your credit score will remain perfect. It has nothing to do with how much you make.
Exactly. That is why it is such a great indicator of overall responsibility.
With regard to the dot-com crash, I know plenty of folks that were responsibly invested in the stock market when it crashed and took losses. None had their credit affected. Myself included. Irresponsible investing is just that... whether it is in a new truck that is out of your means or a stock portfolio.

mbrown2
09-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Exactly, if you are not responsible with your finances, then you will possibly not be responsible with your job....Background checks will get tighter and tighter...my co has tightened restrictions twice in the last year...
It has nothing to do with verifying previous salary...you would need tax returns to do that.
RD, someone's credit being s h i t has nothing to do with what they make an hour .....it has to do with how someone spends.
I think a credit check is a good idea. It is in the credit bureau's best interest to categorize risk in a financial sense. They have cracked the code to a degree on evaluating risk without being discriminatory either racially or gender-wise, and I think it is a good bellwether for responsibility, if only financially.
In the Navy, one of the worst things you can have happen to you administratively is a letter of indebtedness. The armed services believes firmly in being able to have lenders trust their folks, and as such take any outstanding debts extraordinarily seriously. The sense is that if you can't keep your finances in check, you have no business working within an organization that is easy to defraud.
Sure, it is sterotypical, but I think that profiling, while illegal is a good way to sort out terrorists at the airport too. Oh well...