PDA

View Full Version : Help with leaky Casale

Dragboat Dad
02-18-2003, 08:29 PM
My V drive leaks oil out the breather on the top bearing cap and out the zirk fitting on the tack drive. I replaced the "O"ring on the input shaft that the bearing slips over but that didn't help at all. I use 90wt gear oil and fill it until it comes out the bottom hole. Anyone have this problem? We are re-doing the floors and would like to get rid of the mess.

Sangster
02-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Try "V-Drive Tom"..His ph# 530-855-0531...He's the man on V-drives....

ACCEPTENCE
02-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Dragboat Dad:
My V drive leaks oil out the breather on the top bearing cap and out the zirk fitting on the tack drive. I replaced the "O"ring on the input shaft that the bearing slips over but that didn't help at all. I use 90wt gear oil and fill it until it comes out the bottom hole. Anyone have this problem? We are re-doing the floors and would like to get rid of the mess. Hey!!!! Your Ian's dad!!! Tom can help you would be my guess too...
Ian, cool footage of your flat on the new "V-DRIVE VIDEO" :D :D :D

Ian
02-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Thanks Acceptence, I was pretty excited to see any footage of us on the film. He did that filming when we first got our boat so unfortunately we weren't doing any good passes, but it was still cool to be on it at all. My dad was lurking for a long time so I finally made him sign up, I didn't want him tainting my reputation by posting under my name :D . You were on the film quite a bit too right; blue sanger?

ACCEPTENCE
02-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Well coolness on the new non-lurker status, Welcome there Dad!!! wink
Yes, there is some footage of my deal there, it's fun to see the boat from everybody elses view.
This season should be a blast, made some new and improved changes to my motor.
"Needles V-Drive Bash" see you there!!!
p.s. yeah dad, you should be there too...
www.needlesmarina.com (http://www.needlesmarina.com)

Dragboat Dad
02-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome, of course I'll be there- wouldn't miss it

Dragboat Dad
02-19-2003, 10:48 PM
Sangster , do you have another phone number for V drive Tom? I tried the number you posted but it was no good. Thanks, Tom

Rexone
02-20-2003, 12:49 AM
I'd check the banner ad at the top of this page... :)

Dragboat Dad
02-20-2003, 06:59 AM
Thanks, I'm obviously good at tuning out the ads. He won't mind helping me with a Casale problem I hope.

superdave013
02-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Dragboat Dad:
Thanks, I'm obviously good at tuning out the ads. He won't mind helping me with a Casale problem I hope. No he won't. Tom's a supa cool guy. He has all the gaskets and parts for the Casale stuff in stock too.
That's the only place I go for my v drive stuff.

Sangster
02-20-2003, 09:50 AM
DragBoat Dad...Wecome to the Machine....I see your the UPS Dude...Does UPS have a "UPS Hot Chick Calender"...We got a Hot UPS Babe that delivers to the house..BTW, cool boat.....

GofastRacer
02-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Welcome DragBoatDad, very nice boat you have there!... :cool: :cool:

Sangerboy
02-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Welcome DragBoatDad, I get the honor of talking to you F2F time to time. I'm lucky enough that my house is on his delivery route and he has brought me several cool pieces over the last few months :cool: . Way cool having your UPS guy be a fellow flatbottom V-driver.

Infomaniac
02-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Dragboat Dad:
My V drive leaks oil out the breather on the top bearing cap and out the zirk fitting on the tack drive. I replaced the "O"ring on the input shaft that the bearing slips over but that didn't help at all. I use 90wt gear oil and fill it until it comes out the bottom hole. Anyone have this problem? We are re-doing the floors and would like to get rid of the mess. Does it have dual "O" rings?
Sorry I could not resist.
Welcome :D

slowpoke
02-20-2003, 02:48 PM
Hey Sangerboy
I would agree that it's pretty cool having
your UPS man be a v-driver. It's even cooler
having your dentist be a v-driver. Go Doctor!!

Jordy
02-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Sangerboy:
Way cool having your UPS guy be a fellow flatbottom V-driver. At least when your packages don't get delivered you know who's garage to look in first... :D

Dragboat Dad
02-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome by all. Oh yeah, very funny infomaniac.

Dragboat Dad
02-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Greg, hurry up and order some more parts so we can do some more bench racing.

Dragboat Dad
02-21-2003, 06:43 AM
I emailed Casale with my problem and they wrote baok stating that the seal in the top bearing is bad and I need to replace it. Thanks for all the help

V-Drive Tom
02-21-2003, 07:14 AM
Dragboat Dad, Didn't you say it was leaking out of the vent and the tach drive?
I Don't think that replacing the input seal is going to take care of that. :rolleyes: wink
I'll help you however I can. Just call...530-885-0531..TOM.. :)
PS, Although replacing that will be part of doing the job right. :D

Dragboat Dad
02-21-2003, 09:05 PM
V-Drive Tom, they told me in the email message that the seal on the bearing on the top(the one you use the puller on) was bad and that would allow oil to get past and out the vent and tach drive. I thought that was just a splash seal, but I guess not. Thanks for the offer to help, I will definitley call.

Sangerboy
03-01-2003, 08:50 PM
jordanpaulk:
Sangerboy:
Way cool having your UPS guy be a fellow flatbottom V-driver. At least when your packages don't get delivered you know who's garage to look in first... :D LOL thanks for the heads up Jordy, hadn't thought of that eek! unfortunately Dragboat Dad has a distinct advantage over me- he obviously knows where I live but I don't know where his house is ................yet.

Sangerboy
03-01-2003, 09:00 PM
slowpoke:
Hey Sangerboy
I would agree that it's pretty cool having
your UPS man be a v-driver. It's even cooler
having your dentist be a v-driver. Go Doctor!! I know the Norcal guys(and ladies) especially the denizens of Mullet Mountain aren't afraid of anything but slowpoke has a pretty serious piece of machinery. I've been leaning on him to make the trek up to CFW on FD with me and it looks like he's going to.(amazing how persuasive you can be when brandishing a 25 gauge needle :rolleyes: ) Get ready to rock :D

Schiada76
03-02-2003, 03:16 PM
Sanger boy,
Would that be his 21' or his flat? I think the 21 might outpull the flattie. :D JK We had dinner last night and are both looking forward to CFW.

Sangerboy
03-02-2003, 04:12 PM
BradP:
Sanger boy,
Would that be his 21' or his flat? I think the 21 might outpull the flattie. :D JK We had dinner last night and are both looking forward to CFW. When I talked to him last week he wanted to take both boats :cool: . I hope so I'll bring my Maha and go for ski behind the 21'. He said you were probably coming also- way cool it'l be a blast :D

Schiada76
03-02-2003, 06:09 PM
I'm coming.
I don't think you want to ski behind that 21' though, if you sit in the back seat it sounds like your head is gonna get sucked into the scoop and it launches like a flat. There was a thread on this site before that had some pics of it,it is flat out BADASS. We're gonna bring the 21, his flat and my 19 for sure, looking forward to meeting you and everyone else from the board. :p
I feel Summer coming on! :D