PDA

View Full Version : Stern Drive Tech

HatenWinter
09-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Just opened my October issue of ***boat and while reading Stern Drive Tech found an article titled 496HO Problem. I started reading it and it sounded very familiar. Turns out it was a thread I started in Outdrive Tech a couple of months ago titled 496HO Problem. The funny thing is that at the end it says it's from Tommy Martinez of Seattle Washington (not me). Pretty cool how they posted and responded to my problem but funny how they used some other guys name! I got screwed out of my 15 seconds of fame..... :cry: :rollside: :rollside:

RiverDave
09-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Just opened my October issue of ***boat and while reading Stern Drive Tech found an article titled 496HO Problem. I started reading it and it sounded very familiar. Turns out it was a thread I started in Outdrive Tech a couple of months ago titled 496HO Problem. The funny thing is that at the end it says it's from Tommy Martinez of Seattle Washington (not me). Pretty cool how they posted and responded to my problem but funny how they used some other guys name! I got screwed out of my 15 seconds of fame..... :cry: :rollside: :rollside:
LOL... Well you should've included your real name and location on your tech post then you would have had your 15 seconds.. ;) :D
RD

ChumpChange
09-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I think I remember them requesting more questions from their readers a few months ago. I guess one doesn't need to write in these days with the internet and forums such as this.

28Prowler525
09-13-2006, 10:14 AM
IMO Tommy Martinez cut and pasted your writing into his email. Some people will do anything to get into the spotlight.

HatenWinter
09-13-2006, 10:19 AM
IMO Tommy Martinez cut and pasted your writing into his email. Some people will do anything to get into the spotlight.
That very well could be, don't really care though, not much of a spotlight! But hey, I may have found the solution to my engine problem!!!

Beer-30
09-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Did the problem ever get fixed? maybe I missed the outcome. Curious what it was.

HatenWinter
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
No, sad to say it's still occuring. Although according to the response in the magazine I should check the plugs first thing in the morning and see if there is any water or coolant on them indicating a leak somewhere. If it works Im sending Tommy Martinez a 12 pack!!!!! :)

Beer-30
09-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Bummer. I didn't re-read the whole post, but have you tried swapping ECMs with someone elses? Or a loaner from a shop? I have heard of ECM gremlins causing such things.

VanDeano
09-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Tommy Martinez...what kind of name is that "SPANENGLISH" Cant tell if he is a mexican or a white guy....

HatenWinter
09-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Bummer. I didn't re-read the whole post, but have you tried swapping ECMs with someone elses? Or a loaner from a shop? I have heard of ECM gremlins causing such things.
No, theres still a few things I need to try before I get to that point, hopefully I'll get it figured out soon!

502schiada
09-13-2006, 05:40 PM
The same thing happened to me a couple of issues ago , about a stern drive question i posted on here.

Marty Gras
09-13-2006, 08:17 PM
What is your problem?

HatenWinter
09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Its kind of a long story. You can read the whole thing in this months issue of ***boat thanks to my friend "Tommy Martinez". The short story is the boat runs like crap when its launched for the first 30 seconds to 2 minutes, almost like its missing and has barely enough power to get up on plane. It then gets better and runs great for the rest of the day, only to do the same thing the next time I launch.

Jesster
09-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Its kind of a long story. You can read the whole thing in this months issue of ***boat thanks to my friend "Tommy Martinez". The short story is the boat runs like crap when its launched for the first 30 seconds to 2 minutes, almost like its missing and has barely enough power to get up on plane. It then gets better and runs great for the rest of the day, only to do the same thing the next time I launch.
Mine has been doing that also but it is not every time it comes up on plane. Sometimes it wont do it at all the 1st day then the second day out it starts right away in the morning 2 beeps and misses a little then barely gets to plane. Once on plane it runs out fine and may not happen again for half the day then starts again all the sudden. No trouble codes in the computer either.

deltaAce
09-13-2006, 09:16 PM
My first "guess", a little water (condensation) in the gas tank.

HatenWinter
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
This is getting even better! I just layed down in bed and started reading the magazine again. I got to the Stern Drive Tech page again and finished reading it and what do I find immediatly after my 496 post? Another post by me, titled Dana Drive Shower. This says it's from Gavin Finkle of Corona, CA. Two in the same issue, I'M CRACKING UP!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

BajaMike
09-13-2006, 09:50 PM
This is getting even better! I just layed down in bed and started reading the magazine again. I got to the Stern Drive Tech page again and finished reading it and what do I find immediatly after my 496 post? Another post by me, titled Dana Drive Shower. This says it's from Gavin Finkle of Corona, CA. Two in the same issue, I'M CRACKING UP!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
Maybe you have an evil twin out there....... :idea:
:rollside:

Beer-30
09-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Names were changed to protect the innocent?

LUVNLIFE
09-14-2006, 04:36 AM
Maybe you have an evil twin out there....... :idea:
:rollside:
Maybe HatenWinter is the evil twin :2purples: :eek: :D :D

HatenWinter
09-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Maybe HatenWinter is the evil twin :2purples: :eek: :D :D
LOL! If I was the evil twin at least I'd have a cooler name than Gavin Finkle or Tommy Martinez! :rollside:

HatenWinter
09-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Mine has been doing that also but it is not every time it comes up on plane. Sometimes it wont do it at all the 1st day then the second day out it starts right away in the morning 2 beeps and misses a little then barely gets to plane. Once on plane it runs out fine and may not happen again for half the day then starts again all the sudden. No trouble codes in the computer either.
Sounds very similar to mine. Let me know if you ever figure it out.