PDA

View Full Version : hELP WITH A POTENTIAL GHOST AT HOME.....

DILLIGAF
09-13-2006, 02:31 PM
A friend of mine sent me this email. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions regarding this? I have had strange things happen to me in the past that really had no explanation but just moved on. I don't try to read too much into that kind of stuff. I told them I would try to see what others thought of this and get some feedback. Anyhow, have at it and hopefully some of your replys are of a serious nature.
HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECIEVED:
A couple nights ago I'm having really wierd dreams all night. One is quite a sexual dream and I it feels very real, Then, I get this feeling like I am being suffocated and I can't move. I feel like something is shaking my arm to wake up...It wakes me up and there is something/someone standing directly over me. and I feel the pressure on my arm, serioulsy, I'm convinced this was a human form . I kinda half screamed and bolted from the room and didn't look back. My heart was pounding so bad I thought I would have a heart attack. Trying to be logical, I'm telling myself that I was dreaming the whole time and seeing something was part of the dream....it has to be..right!!
WTF is going on. I've been sleeping with the tv and light on since.....Last night I got the same feeling of not being able to move, but I made myself wake up. This was at 2am and I didn't go back to sleep after that. I searched the internet and read some stuff on sleep disorders...it could be that. ..either that or I am being f'cked by a ghost...lol Seriously though I am freaked out...I have told you that I have had wierd feelings around the house before and here I am again.
Am I going insane??? I mean this felt like a real experience to me. Help...

Jordy
09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
http://www.aboutitall.com/wp-content/ghostbusters.jpg
:D :D :D

topless
09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
That has happened to me a couple times (except the sex part) and I was told it was from over exhaustion from a doctor.

lucky
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
buy the crack lady a coke and have her stand gaurd :cool:

Screaming Pete
09-13-2006, 02:38 PM
i bet that Meth Lady followed you home.........you must have fed her :220v: Booooo!!!!!

cxr133
09-13-2006, 02:39 PM
SLEEP DISORDER........
google: sleep paralysis!!!
i have had this for years.... kinda scary when i was a kid, now i just live with it
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9D04E0DB113DF935A35754C0A96F958260

Cheap Thrills
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I've had similar things happen ! It feels like something is holding my legs shaking me and the pressure slowly moves up to my chest and at that point I can't breathe nor can I wake up.
After what seems like a few min. of struggling I finally wake up usually exhausted and covered in sweat. I'm not sure what it is. It hasn't happened in a few months. I was reading about some sleep disorders trying to figure it out and one disorder Sleep Apneia that has similar symptoms. Sleep Apneia would be able to explain being unable to breathe but it's the sinsation of being held down and shaken that disturbs me the most... I'll deal with it for now but if it ever picks me up and slings my ass out of bed I'll be ready for some treatment :D
C.T. :wink:

SOCALDETAIL1
09-13-2006, 02:55 PM
CALL T.A.P.S
http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

deltaAce
09-13-2006, 03:04 PM
It's just an evil spirit messing with them. All they have to do is, Command it to leave, in JESUS NAME!

JB in so cal
09-13-2006, 03:04 PM
BOO!

Dezertrider
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
OK,
Years ago I would have made fun of this BUT!!!!!!!!!! I have seen sevral things that made me belive in spirits. They say real young people see them more then adults and my daughter used to talk about other people in the house. Also had a freinds daughter that was being woken up like what you describe. She was 6 and totally freaked out by it several times. I could go on about several experiances.
In both cases freinds came over that were very spiritual. I would call them freaks but I had to play nice. long story short after some chanting, incents and holding hands nothing ever happened again. The kids issues went away. We never told the kids why were doing what we did.
Devils slide in Ocotillo is haunted. It even says its haunted in the park info online. I take my 4X4 up to the top with a bunch of kids to use a cell phone and my daughter looks out the side window into complete darkness and says "Daddy? how did those people get hurt?" I asked her what people and she said " Those people in that banged up car outside my window" This freaked out every one in the car. she was 4. I told her they were just dressed up for holloween. She was cool with that

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-13-2006, 03:20 PM
OK,
Years ago I would have made fun of this BUT!!!!!!!!!! I have seen sevral things that made me belive in spirits. They say real young people see them more then adults and my daughter used to talk about other people in the house. Also had a freinds daughter that was being woken up like what you describe. She was 6 and totally freaked out by it several times. I could go on about several experiances.
In both cases freinds came over that were very spiritual. I would call them freaks but I had to play nice. long story short after some chanting, incents and holding hands nothing ever happened again. The kids issues went away. We never told the kids why were doing what we did.
Devils slide in Ocotillo is haunted. It even says its haunted in the park info online. I take my 4X4 up to the top with a bunch of kids to use a cell phone and my daughter looks out the side window into complete darkness and says "Daddy? how did those people get hurt?" I asked her what people and she said " Those people in that banged up car outside my window" This freaked out every one in the car. she was 4. I told her they were just dressed up for holloween. She was cool with that
that fricken story gives me the chills everytime I hear it, or in this case, read it.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Have the house blessed by a local church, pastor, or otherwise.
Give them a kind "donation" to help out.
Don't ever ask me how I know this works.
Brian

W.O.T
09-13-2006, 03:38 PM
just yell "The power of christ compells you"!
thats scary but i have seen things before like this where people have said it was a haunting. but i wouldnt doubt a sleep disorder or something in your normal life going on to make you do this. stress maybe who knows. that would scare the crap out of me though

Debbolas
09-13-2006, 03:46 PM
what kind of "boat" does this "ghost" have ?????????????? :rolleyes:
LMAO!
:D
We have a friend who's wife is haunted. I won't go into her house :skull: :cry: The spirits follow her around from house to house..... :crossx:

W.O.T
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
i lived in a house until i was about five years old that was haunted. it was just my mom, dad, and i at the time. it wasnt in the greatest neighborhood. my dad worked the graveyard shift so it was just my mom and i home alone all night. on several occasions my mom would hear a radio playing very soft. the rocking chair also creaked like it was rocking when no one was in the room. my mother would hear voices wispering her name very faint. i also went up to my mom at random times asking her who is that person in the hallway or the room. i dont really remember i was only about 4 yrs old. my mom had enough of the house and convinced my dad to move. heres where it gets good. after moving my dad admitted that someone had a heart attack and died in the bathtub of the house. my mom cried for a long time because she now knew what was going on.

SnoopJonnyJon
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
I've had the same thing occur my whole life. It definately isn't very pleasant. When it happens to me I cannot move or scream, but I can move my eyes. My first response is always to try screaming, but I can't. I just start praying and usually within 5-15 seconds I can move again.
When my great grandfather still lived in Germany, he had an encounter with a demon. His neighbor came over in a panic and told him his cattle were going nuts in his barn. So my grandfather went over and took a look in and the cows we just going mad trying to run up the walls of the barn. He said to his neighbor "Can't you see it?" There was a demon running around terrorizing the cows, but the farmer couldn't see it. My great grandpa prayed and it left.

NoCal NoBoat
09-13-2006, 05:20 PM
My wife and I moved into my mom's house about 6 months after she passed away. We had some electrical work done in the living room, and installed a ceiling fan with a light kit, with an in-wall remote.
Ever since, the fan light comes on once in a while. No particular pattern or event that triggers it. My wife would come home from work during the dark winter hours and find the light on for her.
It's probably the remote, but we like to think that it's my mom coming by to check on us and the house, and we take some comfort in that. Tends to make us keep things neat and clean, too...
As for the sleep disturbances - I'd ask your friend if his insurance will cover a sleep study. I was a serial snorer, and frequently woke up gasping for breath. Tired during the day, even after I thought I'd gotten a good night's sleep. Insurance has gotten enlightened about the effects of sleep disturbances, and have gotten pretty reasonable about paying for sleep studies. Avoided costs and all that...
Turned out I had a moderate case of sleep apnea. I now sleep with a CPAP machine. I have to put up with the occasional "Top Gun" joke from my daughter, but I sleep like a rock. Sometimes I feel foolish (I avoid mirrors when I have my mask on) but then I think about Reggie White and roll with it.

NOTALENT
09-13-2006, 05:36 PM
First thing I would do is do some research on the house and see if anyone was ever murdered or died there. I have seen and experienced some stuff. I definatley believe in spirits/ghosts.

3 daytona`s
09-13-2006, 05:41 PM
that fricken story gives me the chills everytime I hear it, or in this case, read it.
Hey!! thought this was going to be a joke,spooky

Dezertrider
09-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I really want tell more ghost stories but worry about looking like an a$$. Well I do make an a$$ out of myself easily though

Phat Matt
09-13-2006, 06:47 PM
In my old house in Tempe some wierd things went on. It was when I was in college and shared a 4 bedroom house with 3 other roomates. I have a lamp that would turn on or off when it wanted too and my stereo would do the same thing. Funny thing is it never did it at my place before or after. Also one night I was laying in bed and felt someone sit down on the bed next to me. I rolled over and nobody was there, but I could feel them sitting there still. I talked to one of my roommates about it and he said, yeah, that is the ghost that follows me around. He was use to it. It had followed him down from Alaska and to every place he lived.
It was pretty weird, but after he said that, I guess I just accepted it and the lights and stereo just did there thing. :)

JAY4SPEED
09-13-2006, 06:50 PM
A friend of mine sent me this email. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions regarding this? I have had strange things happen to me in the past that really had no explanation but just moved on. I don't try to read too much into that kind of stuff. I told them I would try to see what others thought of this and get some feedback. Anyhow, have at it and hopefully some of your replys are of a serious nature.
A couple nights ago I'm having really wierd dreams all night. One is quite a sexual dream and I it feels very real, Then, I get this feeling like I am being suffocated and I can't move. I feel like something is shaking my arm to wake up...It wakes me up and there is something/someone standing directly over me. and I feel the pressure on my arm, serioulsy, I'm convinced this was a human form . I kinda half screamed and bolted from the room and didn't look back. My heart was pounding so bad I thought I would have a heart attack. Trying to be logical, I'm telling myself that I was dreaming the whole time and seeing something was part of the dream....it has to be..right!!
WTF is going on. I've been sleeping with the tv and light on since.....Last night I got the same feeling of not being able to move, but I made myself wake up. This was at 2am and I didn't go back to sleep after that. I searched the internet and read some stuff on sleep disorders...it could be that. ..either that or I am being f'cked by a ghost...lol Seriously though I am freaked out...I have told you that I have had wierd feelings around the house before and here I am again.
There was an old horror movie called "The Entity" that the plot was exactly like the situation here. See below:
http://www.homestead.com/wintersteel/The_Entity.html

Trailer Park Casanova
09-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Can't say we believe in ghosts, but when someone in the family dies, we get a huge, swirling, 2 minute cold wind blowing through the house right before we get word of the death.
Close as we ever get to the supernatural.
DAMFINO what it is.
It ain't the A/C, and the windows are closed.

Tremor Girl
09-13-2006, 07:34 PM
What your friend is experiencing is called astral catalepsy. You can do a search on it but basically what is happening is your friend is having an astral dream where he is leaving his physical body and when he wakes up his "soul" is not quite back in the physical body.

Biglue
09-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Dilligaf.
I had a very similar experience minus the sexual part. I was still living at home when I felt a presence (for lack of a better term) come over me. It began at my legs and it came up to my shoulders. It startled the shit out of me also. I tried to scream and all that would come out of my mouth was a muffled moan. Well my family being the very religious and superstitious type my mom would tell me to pray when I felt I was in trouble. So that's what I did. I began praying and this thing left in an almost reverse motion back down through my legs. It was then when I was able to roll over on to my back and was able to move freely. Mind you I was wide awake at this point. I clearly saw something darker than my pitch dark room float out through the ceiling. It scared the living hell out of me. I literally had to go wake my parents up. Moms explained to me that it's a ghost or spirit either trying to reach out to someone or if he's a bad entity it intended harm. I slept with my TV on for well over a year after that. If I live my entire life without experiencing that again it woould be too soon.
Trailer Park Casanova.
As far as death giving you signs before taking a loved one is also a belief my family has. The weekend before my mother passed a niece of mine ran into what she described as a person in a hallway of my place. It was only my two nieces and my two kids at the time playing around. There was no adults in that part of our place. She was really pale as hell too. All kinds of other rare little things happened in those last few days of her life. I firmly believe that there's notice of a loved one passing on before hand.
Those are a couple things I have experienced with the unexplainable.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
If he or she is feeling this to be true. Maybe he or she should look into a blessing from a preist on the house. They have very strong feelings when there is a pressense( sp ck) If there is something there they will know. It could be a number of things. I didn't read all the replys but it could be over tired, I heard not to long ago that most of us while sleeping, leave the body in some way and the reason why you feel you can not move or get up when you awake is because you are not totaly in your body yet. If that makes sense. I hope it is just that he or she is just over tired. But if not I see only one way to get rid of what is there . also they can try to rebuke the spriit out of the house themselves.
:)

SnoopJonnyJon
09-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I had a very similar experience minus the sexual part. I was still living at home when I felt a presence (for lack of a better term) come over me. It began at my legs and it came up to my shoulders. It startled the shit out of me also. I tried to scream and all that would come out of my mouth was a muffled moan. Well my family being the very religious and superstitious type my mom would tell me to pray when I felt I was in trouble. So that's what I did. I began praying and this thing left in an almost reverse motion back down through my legs. It was then when I was able to roll over on to my back and was able to move freely. Mind you I was wide awake at this point. I clearly saw something darker than my pitch dark room float out through the ceiling. It scared the living hell out of me. I literally had to go wake my parents up. Moms explained to me that it's a ghost or spirit either trying to reach out to someone or if he's a bad entity it intended harm. I slept with my TV on for well over a year after that. If I live my entire life without experiencing that again it woould be too soon.
That is almost exactly how I would describe it, except for me it was in the summer time, and about 6 am, so the sun was already up and it was quite light in my room. So I got a bit of a look at it. I wear extremely strong glasses, so I couldn't recognize the face, but it definately had a face. That was about 3 years ago. I woke up with my eyes closed, and was going to roll over, but I couldn't move at all. So I opened up my eyes and my vision was blurring, but I thought I could make something out. So I closed my eyes and blinked really hard to kinda clear the eye crust away. Then I looked at this "thing". It was kneeling on my floor at my bed looking right at me. I tried as hard as I could to scream, but like you said, could barely make the slightest muffled moan. At which point I started praying, and the thing kinda got figgity and disappeared. I then felt like a "chill". Not really sure how to describe it other than almost like the peeling off a pair of latex gloves, only on my entire body. Going from the inside out, where at the end you feel it finally break off from your finger and toe tips. It was at this point that I could jump out of bed, grabbed my glasses and looked all over the house to make sure it was gone. I have had other experiences when I feel paralyzed and things like that, but this is the only time I recall seeing something clearly. It scared me more than anything before or since in my life. But it also felt extremely satisfying that it left when I prayed. Now I just don't open my eyes, if i can't move when I wake up, I just pray until I can before I open my eyes. I don't ever want to see that again.

BigDoug
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
While teaching special education in Ca. most of our kids were wheel chair bound and had severe muscle and brain disorders, you get the picture, one of my students named Nicky passed away :cry: i went to the funeral and then to the burial site, my 64 Chevelle SS wouldn't start, its never done this, so i couldn't figure this out, it dawned on me maybe Nicky was playing games, i said this out loud "nicky, if this is a joke ? this is not the time, im trying to go to your burial" the car started right away and i was laughing and puzzled at the same time.
The following Monday i spoke to the care takers of Nicky and they said the stereo cabinet would open on its own and then play music, the medicine cabinet would open, as if he were getting his meds, and the front gate would open at times as if Nicky's bus were showing up, this spooked the gals running the house but figured if Nicky could walk and talk these would be the practical jokes he'd be pulling anyways this happened for a week and went away.....a very cool but spooky story, i will always remember this !!! :)

W.O.T
09-13-2006, 09:51 PM
i live in a custom house that was built by a developer in 1985. the house is on top of a hill and is on a private road. the street is called Cheryl Lee ct. named after the developers daughter. right before moving in we learned that the daughter was killed in a car accident and the family moved out of the house. my little sister had a really hard time moving in here in fear of something like a haunting. i cant say ive really seen anything truly unexplainable. im quite sure my bedroom was the daughters. a while back i was taking a shower in the bedroom bathroom and for some reason i left the sliding shower door open about 12 inches. i never do this but i did. i turned around and saw a girls face at the door it seemed so real ive never seen anything like it. i started to say "gees you scared the shi"....... and nobody was there i just assumed it was my girlfriend even though i knew she wasnt at my house. my sister has called me from her room in the middle of the night asking if i was in the kitchen or making noise or up. my dog has woken up barking for no reason. just more weird experiences without an explanation. i know ive had dreams where i felt like someone was touching me and i just could not move or speak. then shortly after woken up. im not a ghost freak but i do believe there is things that happen that are unexplainable. like when you feel something there or a certain way for no reason.

OGShocker
09-13-2006, 10:01 PM
I just consulted Her454. She tells me God is their only way out.
I would tell you my ghost story, but I am in Florida and it's 2AM..
Goodnight all.
Mark

SHOTKALLIN
09-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I used to have a water bed. I would be laying on my back semi asleep with eyes open and I would feel, imagine, or dream about a small earthquake trimmer. Nothing big but I could feel and hear the water slosh around. I really thought maybe there could have been a 1.3 or something. It really felt real. I am more willing to believe that it was real and not a dream because I was awake. I would lay there awake staring at the ceiling but could not move or get up to save my life if it were the big one or if the house were on fire . It was like I was paralized. The funny thing is that I experienced this maybe 4 or 5 times so it had to be a dream. WIERD.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 11:19 PM
It is so funny, I was worried about posting in the thread thinking everyone here would think I was wierd.
It seems that a few of you have the same experiences I do.
I don't feel so weird now.
Brian

TAF
09-14-2006, 06:01 AM
I really want tell more ghost stories but worry about looking like an a$$. Well I do make an a$$ out of myself easily though
We want to hear it all. W/ Halloween coming this will get me in the mood.

diggler
09-14-2006, 07:49 AM
My dad sold the house I grew up in after living there for 35 years. Never had any experience in there myself with a ghost or anything. However, the folks he sold it to started having problems with what they thought was a ghost. It got so bad, that they hired a priest to do an exorcism.
Before the priest came out, they called my dad to ask him if anyone had died in the house.
My dad's reply "Well, no one has ever died in the house. However, my ex-wife tried to kill me a few times in there!" :rollside: I still laugh when I think of this story!

topless
09-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Did I tell you guys about the UFO I saw on an overpass in Houston? :crossx:

Her454
09-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Trailer Park Casanova.
As far as death giving you signs before taking a loved one is also a belief my family has. The weekend before my mother passed a niece of mine ran into what she described as a person in a hallway of my place. It was only my two nieces and my two kids at the time playing around. There was no adults in that part of our place. She was really pale as hell too. All kinds of other rare little things happened in those last few days of her life. I firmly believe that there's notice of a loved one passing on before hand.
Those are a couple things I have experienced with the unexplainable.
Originally Posted by Her454
Ok I think I've told this before on here but here goes. My mom was very ill with cancer and when she passed I took my dad in to live with my husband and I as he wasn't doing well and took it extremely hard (They were married 46 years and she died in his arms).
Things got rough, my dads health was failing, I was raising a toddler and had just lost my mom...was having marital problems etc.......
I was sitting at the kitchen table one afternoon and just lost it....cried like a baby and feeling sorry for myself and wondering what the hell happened to my life when I felt the softest, warmest touch on my shoulder and smelled my mothers perfume very strong. It was the strangest thing ever and I KNOW it was my moms way of telling me to be strong and hang in there.
I grew up with her telling me she would always be there for me, and I think she was there that day. I DO NOT believe in the supernatural but I know something happened that day.
Biglue, Thanks for the nice PM and pulling this out of the archives for me.......... made me smile today.

Goad
09-14-2006, 11:22 AM
this reminds me of this GREAT ghost story i read on craigslist...
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/194998669.html

Her454
09-14-2006, 11:33 AM
It is so funny, I was worried about posting in the thread thinking everyone here would think I was wierd.
It seems that a few of you have the same experiences I do.
I don't feel so weird now.
Brian
ROTFLMAO..............I cant believe you actually said that and opened yourself up........ that would make a great sig hehehehehhe :rollside:

topless
09-14-2006, 11:37 AM
ROTFLMAO..............I cant believe you actually said that and opened yourself up........ that would make a great sig hehehehehhe :rollside:
I thought the same thing but held myself back from using it as my sig. (I suprise myself sometimes with my thoughtfulness.)