PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 truck stickers

RP2
09-13-2006, 06:58 PM
What is the deal with people leaving those cheesy $10.00 factory stickers that say 4x4 on their trucks.
My neighbor comes over tonight and asked me "didn't your truck have those 4x4 stickers on it a couple months ago when you bought it" I said yea and I peeled em off the next day why? he explains that he thinks they really add to the truck and look cool.
Sure, spend several thousand on a lift along with rims and tires and leave the cheesy sticker on... sure that looks nice. :rolleyes:
Maybe I'm missing something... are these cool and I'm not :idea:

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 07:00 PM
What is the deal with people leaving those cheesy $10.00 factory stickers that say 4x4 on their trucks.
My neighbor comes over tonight and asked me "didn't your truck have those 4x4 stickers on it a couple months ago when you bought it" I said yea and I peeled em off the next day why? he explains that he thinks they really add to the truck and look cool.
Sure, spend several thousand on a lift along with rims and tires and leave the cheesy sticker on... sure that looks nice. :rolleyes:
Nope. Only Emblems on my truck are the bowtie on the grill and the flaming bowtie on the back window.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-13-2006, 07:07 PM
No stickers is the "So Cal" look

Huckleberry
09-13-2006, 07:10 PM
I peeled the FX4 stickers off my truck they day after I bought it. One of my partners here at work loves her stickers. Kinda redneck if ya ask me.

Riverkid
09-13-2006, 07:11 PM
I peeled those goofy FX4 stickers off mine before I had even left the dealer's lot... No idea why they put those on there... :rolleyes:

Old Man Havasu
09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I left mine on just to give people something to talk about! :devil:

HavasuSelect
09-13-2006, 07:23 PM
I think it's the funniest when you see the 4x4 sticker on a 2 wheel drive truck.

pixilatedpussy
09-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Here is the trick....leave the F & the OFF cut the rest out( like the X4 & the ROAD)! Looks hillarious! See what your neighbors think then! LOL! :220v: I like my Excursion & husbaands F350 De-Badged personally. Much Cleaner look. :rollside:

reDECKulous
09-13-2006, 07:41 PM
How did you get the FX4 sticker off without fockin up the paint?

pixilatedpussy
09-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Very carefully :220v: :rollside:

lawbreaker2
09-13-2006, 08:47 PM
May be I'm a redneck, :rolleyes: I also like stacks and roll bars. :rollside:
Come to think about it, I was talking with some guy's that were here working in our warehouse that were from cali, and he asked me about all the trucks with stacks on them around here. :rolleyes: He sell it looked alittle redneck looking. :rolleyes: But this is ohio.

Nord
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I have an Avalanche that has a Z71 sticker on it, I'm not sure , but it might say 4x4......I never really paid attention... I do like the sticker though.
Are you that pissed off about that?
What do you care if someone has a 4x4 sticker on their truck anyways???
Is it not cool to have a 4x4 sticker on your truck???
~NORD~

lawbreaker2
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
But I was going to take them off when I go to get it custom painted. and NO they won't be going back on.
So what do you all think about the stacks. :notam: yes or no

djunkie
09-13-2006, 08:59 PM
I could really care less. Plus I'm too lazy to take them off. :rolleyes:

Huckleberry
09-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Take a hair blow dryer and put it on hot. Warm up the sticker without torching the paint. DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN!!! Use a plastic straight edge or credit card to get it started. Slowly peel the sticker as you apply heat to the edge that is still stuck to the paint. Use Goof Off to remove the gummy residue. Then put a good coat of wax over the spot as it has never had wax on it.

02HoWaRd26
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
I took the ones on the bed off at the dealership, the sales ladie flipped out, then I removed the rest the next day at home...

talbert450r
09-13-2006, 09:46 PM
I guess im not very cool cause I still have the FX4 stickers on mine :mad:
Sorry if anyone is offended by my stickers. :yuk:

BajaMike
09-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Your neighbor probably has tires with those ugly raised white letters on the outside too.....that really looks like sheit.....get rid of all decals, stickers, and all that Shit
:idea:
It's kinda like walking around with a t-shirt that says "I've got a big dick!"
:D

DILLIGAF
09-13-2006, 10:02 PM
I like the clean look so much I even instructed Shockwave to leave their name off my boat. Bob was like "You sure about that?" Why yes, I am :)
Cleaner the better. If I had a DCB, Howard, Eliminator, Nortech or even a Schiada I would do the same thing. I am not a friggin' advertising billboard. If they want their name on the boat they can pay me advertising fees :)

OGShocker
09-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I guess im not very cool cause I still have the FX4 stickers on mine :mad:
Sorry if anyone is offended by my stickers. :yuk:
The fact you live in Hemet explains it all. How could anyone be offended?...:D:D:D

BajaMike
09-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I like the clean look so much I even instructed Shockwave to leave their name off my boat. Bob was like "You sure about that?" Why yes, I am :)
Cleaner the better. If I had a DCB, Howard, Eliminator, Nortech or even a Schiada I would do the same thing. I am not a friggin' advertising billboard. If they want their name on the boat they can pay me advertising fees :)
Tom's boat looks clean.....but Bob did sneak a Shockwave sticker onto the trailer..... :idea:
:cool:

JetBoatRich
09-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I am guilty as well :rolleyes: I wil go out right now and get them off :rolleyes:

SHOTKALLIN
09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
You are not cool unless you have a brahma bull sticker on your door. Then you are big pimpin!

TT_trawler
09-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Years ago, I was peeling off the pinstripes of my dads new truck at the dealership while he was inside finishing up the paperwork. The saleswoman saw me and peeled off the other side...Those cheap stickers and pinstripes
eventually peel and fade, then when you take them off, your paint is junk.

djunkie
09-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Your so angry all the time. Geez!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

RP2
09-14-2006, 03:53 AM
I have an Avalanche that has a Z71 sticker on it, I'm not sure , but it might say 4x4......I never really paid attention... I do like the sticker though.
Are you that pissed off about that?
What do you care if someone has a 4x4 sticker on their truck anyways???
Is it not cool to have a 4x4 sticker on your truck???
~NORD~
Easy Francis... it was just conversation, no one is pissed off because you choose to leave those lovely stickers on. I don't think anyones care either... just fun conversation.

HocusPocus
09-14-2006, 05:35 AM
i have removed the stickers off of my vehicles in the past, guess im too old to give a sh*t anymore. i also don't do lift kits or custom rims/tires either, just a waste of money in my opinion but to each his own. its your vehicle do what you want to it. :crossx:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Add us to the not so cool club too. We left the 4X4 stickers on our new F350. To be honest, it never even dawned on me to take them off. Who cares?
:rollside:
<------------Likes being un-cool! :boxed:

DILLIGAF
09-14-2006, 06:28 AM
Tom's boat looks clean.....but Bob did sneak a Shockwave sticker onto the trailer..... :idea:
:cool:
HAHA...That's true. It is also on the swim step and glove boxes. I did not know they were going to be there. The interior does not have any SW stitching in it

DCBDaytona
09-14-2006, 06:43 AM
WTF does it matter?

Sportin' Wood
09-14-2006, 07:21 AM
I just had to walk out and look at the truck, I never even noticed them. It's just a truck to me I could care less, When I'm done with this tool I buy another. I'm not really into customizing something that I will be replacing every 3 -4 years. Guess I am far from cool, I even like the running boards as it makes it easier to get in.( I swore I'd never own a truck with running boards)
As Tyler Durdan would say. You are not your truck!

Caljamr
09-14-2006, 07:28 AM
In 1999 i went back to Virginia for school and i had my Dodge Dakota that was full west coast effect going on. Was a special project and featured in Truckin' magazine. Well there is a big difference between west coast and east coast trucks. East coast seem to be into the whole "Pep Boys" effect. Anything that could be bought there they would buy it and stick it on. I'm talking side steps on a lowered pick up. Sun Visors. And neon everywhere. But i just kicked back in my black bad ass dakota on boyd rims kicking out 300 ponies with my custom paint graphics while the locals tooted there big ol' fog horns. It's good to back to the best coast.

Sleek-Jet
09-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Because they just spent 40 large on a new vehicle... and it's there's not yours...
Like the song says... what is hip?? :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2006, 07:57 AM
I had all of the moldings and badging, except for the bowtie in the grill, removed from my suburban before delivery. Looks cleaner.....

talbert450r
09-14-2006, 08:08 AM
The fact you live in Hemet explains it all. How could anyone be offended?...:D:D:D
Hey whats wrong with Hemet? No huge crowds, no smog (we can actually see our mountains), less crime, great people, less traffic. :boxed:

ratso
09-14-2006, 08:16 AM
What about this fag???
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3036hemi.jpg

SHOTKALLIN
09-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey whats wrong with Hemet? No huge crowds, no smog (we can actually see our mountains), less crime, great people, less traffic. :boxed:
Less crime? evryone booked at southwest is either from hemet or elsinore. :crossx:

talbert450r
09-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Less crime? evryone booked at southwest is either from hemet or elsinore. :crossx:
So what you are trying to say is that there is more crime in hemet and elsinore then in the L.A. area? :rolleyes: I think there might be more crime in Moreno Valley :yuk: then L.A.

JetBoatRich
09-14-2006, 09:02 AM
What about this fag???
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3036hemi.jpg
The wifes's truck?

Cole Trickle
09-14-2006, 09:08 AM
All my trucks are debadged/stickerd and the moldings are pulled.
We peeled the FX4 stickers off my dads new F350 the day it came home. He is putting up a fight on the F-350 badges but I talked him into letting me yank the powerstroke emblem.;) :p

4DAY4PLAY
09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
What about the people who take all the moldings, embems, etc off EXCEPT for the "duramax", or "powerstroke" emblem.....thats gay...like who really cares that you have a "diesel" so does everyone else in so cal.....

DILLIGAF
09-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Like the song says... what is hip?? :idea:
T OF P :)

spectratoad
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM
It's kinda like walking around with a t-shirt that says "I've got a big dick!" :D
So it's not ok to brag? I better go change shirts.

ratso
09-14-2006, 12:28 PM
The wifes's truck?
Actually it was mine. Sold it to a guy that works for me... Going up to Ohio to pick up a diesel version next Tuesday...

Huckleberry
09-14-2006, 06:34 PM
We bought my wife a new Expedition from Hemborg Ford a few months back. When we got it home, there was no less that 10 different places on the exterior of the truck that had HEMBORG FORD emblazoned on it. Windows, license plate frames, hitch cover, mudflaps, sales sticker. One day I got sick of advertising form them and went out and "de-Borged" the truck. I took every reference to them off, including stripping the mudflaps down to bare, polished stainless steel. Looks MUCH better now.

lawbreaker2
09-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok Ok Ok, I took off the stickers this today, and I also took off the powerstroke emblems to, That I have been wanting to take off for awhile now, It does look alot cleaner, But when it goes in to the paint shop they will weld up the holes from the f-250 badge, I hated those from the start. :rollside:

lawbreaker2
09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
In 1999 i went back to Virginia for school and i had my Dodge Dakota that was full west coast effect going on. Was a special project and featured in Truckin' magazine. Well there is a big difference between west coast and east coast trucks. East coast seem to be into the whole "Pep Boys" effect. Anything that could be bought there they would buy it and stick it on. I'm talking side steps on a lowered pick up. Sun Visors. And neon everywhere. But i just kicked back in my black bad ass dakota on boyd rims kicking out 300 ponies with my custom paint graphics while the locals tooted there big ol' fog horns. It's good to back to the best coast.
Not all of us shop at pep boys. :crossx:

Sand Dawg
09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
didn't know "decals" mattered when it comes to
useing a truck for what it's built for..."work"

Krazy K
09-15-2006, 09:14 AM
I think it's the funniest when you see the 4x4 sticker on a 2 wheel drive truck.
I think I got you beat...
I saw a TRD (Toyota Racing Development) sticker on a Chevy Beretta. And it wasn't small, it covered the whole lower part of the door!
Yes, it was a neighbor of ours from the south driving it...