PDA

View Full Version : Please Don`t Tell Me

3 daytona`s
09-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Before any body gets into a kniption,not trying to start a deal.I think it`s unbelievable that gas is dropping like it is.What about the big problem with the pipe line up in Alaska a few weeks ago,going to raise gas prices.Now with the election coming up it`s $2.39 in BHC I never thought I`d say happy to see that.I`m going to watch if slowly creeps up after election then the hand writing`s on the wall. The real depressing thing everyone is so happy price is declining won`t question for what ever reason.They made a pretty good profit this past 18 months.I`m convinced hurt our economy and helped with the worry in the marketplace. :idea:

Tom Brown
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I think I can help you out with this issue, 3d. :cool:
It's like this... the people in power are the hammer and the general population is the nail.

Kilrtoy
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
I was just thinking the same thing today
3 weeks ago gas was 3.20 now its 2.79
granted I buy 91, but ITS BULLSHIT,It need to get back under 2 dollars

voodoomedman
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I remember gas at 98 and 99 cents and I'm a young whipersnapper!!!

Jyruiz
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
That would be nice.

Cheap Thrills
09-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I remember it at 45~50 cents :cry: I'm Old ! :cry:
C.T. :wink:

acatitude
09-13-2006, 09:37 PM
god i hate to say this but when i was 16 and worked in gas station in socal it was 24 cents a gallon and I DONT think im old yet, lol :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
09-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I remember when Elvis was dead.

acatitude
09-13-2006, 09:43 PM
yea me too and he was dead yesterday wasnt he?? :yuk:

Tom Brown
09-13-2006, 09:46 PM
...he was dead yesterday...
Please don't tell me that.

DILLIGAF
09-13-2006, 09:57 PM
It's like this... the people in power are the hammer and the general population is the nail.
Always positive TB. That's what I like about you....lol
You B right on this one

reDECKulous
09-13-2006, 10:00 PM
I remember when they used to pay me to full my truck up...

Big Kahunaa
09-13-2006, 10:03 PM
that's the reson i got a crewcab dually and 2.80++ is the reson it sits

bigq
09-13-2006, 10:06 PM
It almost always goes down this time of the year, then when it gets cold it will go back up from heating oil and winter breaks. The supply is high right now and I wouldn't rule out the high price influencing that. :cool:

Kilrtoy
09-13-2006, 10:09 PM
NO he is not, he is with bruce le, jim morrison and tupac

Tom Brown
09-13-2006, 10:21 PM
I remember when they used to pay me to full my truck up...
Nice. :D

OGShocker
09-13-2006, 10:25 PM
I remember .25 and they gave us 6 Steak Knives with a purchase of 8 gallons or more..:D Now that my friends,,,,, is OLD!

SHOTKALLIN
09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
:argue: It all goes to show that its all a bunch of B.S. They can control the price of gas when they want. With a corroded pipeline it was suppossed to hit $4. All of a sudden its dropping. WTF??? Not complaining but they are straight rippin us off. They could put it back to $1.79 if they wanted to. CA pays more than middle America. Thats a damn joke too. Shouldn't they pay more because it costs more to truck it there??? Its all B.S. :argue:
sorry for the rant but gotta vent somewhere.

Classic Daycruiser
09-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Or Wag the dog :idea:

acatitude
09-13-2006, 10:44 PM
gas is one of the biggest rip offs we face in calif.... 37 cents excise tax per gallon and 40% of oil used in calif is produced right here in state.
now if you were selling lemonade at 50 cents a glass and it took 2 lemons for a glass, then you just raise the price to a dollar and you make twice the profit for 1/2 the work...... thats all the refining companies are doing, they say no oil. well they just arent refining as much. thats the major cost in oil is the refining , so yea they just screw us... prices go up a buck then we are happy when they drop 50 cents and the cycle continues

Tom Brown
09-13-2006, 10:54 PM
I remember .25 and they gave us 6 Steak Knives with a purchase of 8 gallons or more..:D Now that my friends,,,,, is OLD!
Prices are a little high these days to be distributing weapons to customers.

QuickJet
09-13-2006, 11:04 PM
:argue: It all goes to show that its all a bunch of B.S. They can control the price of gas when they want. With a corroded pipeline it was suppossed to hit $4. All of a sudden its dropping. WTF??? Not complaining but they are straight rippin us off. They could put it back to $1.79 if they wanted to. CA pays more than middle America. Thats a damn joke too. Shouldn't they pay more because it costs more to truck it there??? Its all B.S. :argue:
sorry for the rant but gotta vent somewhere.
We pay more in California because we are taxed more per gallon than any other state.
And OPEC sets the price for crude oil NO ONE ELSE!!! The good ol US of A has no say in what OPEC does.
They can control the price of gas when they want..
And you can control the price of the items you sell as well, be it a boat, car or realestate. Now are you going to sell those items for less then what the market will pull or are you going to sell them for the most you can like everyone else does? Mcdonalds makes billions every year, should we go after them next.
Not complaining but they are straight rippin us off..
You are complaining...And might I suggest NOT doing buisiness with people who rip you off.
It's a given that the oil companies are going to make billions every quarter. Why not broaden your portfolio to take advantage of what some speculate to be another profitable quarter. That way when the prices go up, you won't be so hard pressed to complain being that your gonna take a little of that profit as well.

JustMVG
09-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Hey OG i remember when they used to give us some Stamps with your change, S&H Green stamps or something like that....

Ultracrazy
09-14-2006, 12:06 AM
My first tank of gas cost me .29 a gallon and someone washed my windows.....checked the oil.........put air in the tires. Ahhhh.........the good old days.
UC

Kilrtoy
09-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey OG i remember when they used to give us some Stamps with your change, S&H Green stamps or something like that....
OH YEAH, THE OLD BLUE CHIP STAMPS

Rexone
09-14-2006, 12:37 AM
And Blue Chip stamps. :(
I used to paste those in the little books when I was a kid then we'd go to the blue chip store and get free chit. :D
I remember filling my 56 chevy for about $6. :cool:
And I remember when Light my Fire by the Doors was #1, and yes I was driving. I believe it was about 1969-70. :squiggle:
I remember when Kennedy was president and WW3 almost occurred.
I remember when Mobil gave you LA Raiders glasses with every fillup. I have about 20 of those bastards that I still use. (Rexone is frugel sob).
I remember alot of other dumb shit too but won't bore you with more. :)

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:39 AM
And I remember when Light my Fire by the Doors was #1, and yes I was driving. I believe it was about 1969-70. :squiggle:
Legally?

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:40 AM
I remember alot of other dumb shit too but won't bore you with more. :)
What is stopping you now?
Your friend Brian

Rexone
09-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Legally?
Of course young man :D
I was 16 and driving my 56 I bought for $275 which took me about 6 mo to save up.

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:45 AM
I was 16 and driving my 56 I bought for $275 which took me about 6 mo to save up.
Ok then, just trying to keep the resident moderator honest you know.
Just a public service.
Brian

Kilrtoy
09-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Amazing to think that would buy a car and now that wont even fill my gas tank up

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:50 AM
'69-'70= at best the youngest age is 16.
2006=52?
Ouch Rexie,
Flowers are on their way tommorrow. You are working right?
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:53 AM
You need to go to bed,
You HAVE to need the rest.
Brian

Rexone
09-14-2006, 01:03 AM
You need to go to bed,
You HAVE to need the rest.
Brian
Us older folks don't need as much rest as you children. Besides I have to work more hours because it takes me so long to get from place to place in the shop in my wheelchair.

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Us older folks don't need as much rest as you children. Besides I have to work more hours because it takes me so long to get from place to place in the shop in my wheelchair.
I see.
Are you sure? I think the rest of us call that a walker. I am just saying.
So who reaches the top shelf in the lobby cooler?
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 01:07 AM
I KNOW you don't take phone calls.
Ever thought of a cordless? They have clips now.
Just trying to help.....
Brian

Rexone
09-14-2006, 01:08 AM
So who reaches the top shelf in the lobby cooler?
Brian
I think about everyone but you (from what I've heard) lol... :D

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 01:10 AM
I think about everyone but you (from what I've heard) lol... :D
I've taken from the top self pal,
I was just wondering how YOU stocked it.
I was only curious, I hadn't noticed a step stool anywhere.
Brian

djunkie
09-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Me too. :cry: :cry:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-14-2006, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE=3 daytona`s]Before any body gets into a kniption,not trying to start a deal.I think it`s unbelievable that gas is dropping like it is.What about the big problem with the pipe line up in Alaska a few weeks ago,going to raise gas prices.Now with the election coming up it`s $2.39 in BHC I never thought I`d say happy to see that.I`m going to watch if slowly creeps up after election then the hand writing`s on the wall. The real depressing thing everyone is so happy price is declining won`t question for what ever reason.They made a pretty good profit this past 18 months.I`m convinced hurt our economy and helped with the worry in
$0.09 on the dollar, again, still. About half of what your bank makes on loans. Less than Wal-Mart too.
Doesn't matter also that the 20% or so of refining capacity that was offline all (every) spring for cleaning/repairs/maintenance is back online now as well and cooking 24/7 again.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-14-2006, 03:04 AM
gas is one of the biggest rip offs we face in calif.... 37 cents excise tax per gallon and 40% of oil used in calif is produced right here in state.
now if you were selling lemonade at 50 cents a glass and it took 2 lemons for a glass, then you just raise the price to a dollar and you make twice the profit for 1/2 the work...... thats all the refining companies are doing, they say no oil. well they just arent refining as much. thats the major cost in oil is the refining , so yea they just screw us... prices go up a buck then we are happy when they drop 50 cents and the cycle continues
Wrong. The major cost in the price of your gasoline is the price of crude, by a BIG margin. I've looked it up a dozen times on these threads. Tired of doing it.

RitcheyRch
09-14-2006, 04:14 AM
Gas prices will go back up when they purge all of this summer gas and start distributing the winter gas again.

ratso
09-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Too bad there aren't a bunch of snipers to start taking out the bastards that are Fu#king us on prices... :idea: